• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re Mind DLC Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GreyouTT

Awards
...Xehanort?
Gu37zd8.png

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

2 quid is good

Awards
The sigil kinda bothers me too but I've just decided to not look too deep into anything like this anymore, clearly Nomura doesn't xD
I thought the crystalization sounded familiar. It's the same sound the Armiger makes when Noctis summons it.
One more thing to add to my growing list of Fabula Nova Crystallis connections, great find!

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Overall, I think the best way for me to describe this dlc is that it's a weird, convoluted, flashy, pandering, transparent, soupy mess that's frankly not worth the price point (unless you're really into the superbosses). I'll mainly be going over my issues, but I will note a few positives as well as once we come to them.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'll probably add future thoughts individually after this, but for now, this is generally where my feelings are at with this subpar dlc.
*Edited for Grammatical Errors*

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
Overall, I think the best way for me to describe this dlc is that it's a weird, convoluted, flashy, pandering, transparent, soupy mess that's frankly not worth the price point (unless you're really into the superbosses). I'll mainly be going over my issues, but I will note a few positives as well as once we come to them.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'll probably add future thoughts individually after this, but for now, this is generally where my feelings are at with this subpar dlc.
*Edited for Grammatical Errors*
While I agree with your assessment of the premise and the story, like I said it's by far still the weakest in the series for me, it didn't have a serious impact on my enjoyment purely because I found the Guardians and Mickey set pieces pretty damn fun, and it just outweighed the cons for me. However I seriously agree with your points about Vanitas, and that's one of the largest reasons why I will never accept UX has a good or interesting plot like people are trying to claim all of a sudden recently.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re Mind:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Limit Cut:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Secret Episode:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm happy that the identity of the Nameless Star is over. Her name is Sora as well, right? Or did I misinterprete that?
I don't think this is quite true, if only because Nomura is really hot on his naming tendencies. If she's supposed to be Stella then it stands to reason she'll have a star themed name. I think the Sora thing is still a mystery as of now

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't think this is quite true, if only because Nomura is really hot on his naming tendencies. If she's supposed to be Stella then it stands to reason she'll have a star themed name. I think the Sora thing is still a mystery as of now
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Giving it more thought after a while, and... I think I'm more willing to get on the "make it cheaper" train. I can understand if you're not for the Superbosses, it's sort of not really worth $30. I personally am getting my entire value out of it, but I can see why someone who only cared about ReMind would feel pretty slighted. Although, as much as there's an issue with the pricing now, a year from today, this won't be what people think of. If the biggest concern from most people regarding the DLC is only the price and the "rehash"...
Spoiler Spoiler Show
...then that's a win.

I just wanna say though, I really hope nobody's out here thinking it's Nomura who gets to decide what price the DLC was going to be lol. Pretty sure that wouldn't be within his control, although I could be wrong.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Before I say anything on the subject, I'm honestly really curious what you personally hope the answer is going to be (and conversely, which one you'd find the most undesirable). You're easily one of the most hardcore Ventus fans I know, so I'm sure you're full thoughts would be particularly interesting. 😜

Gee thanks, yet I wonder if I really come over that "hardcore", lol. Besides Ven I still have Naminé and Sora up on 1st place when it comes to favorites and when it comes to how KH III treated her I would be tempted to go all hardcore in a negative sense if I still had the time for my old days essay-long posts. <__<

When it comes to Ventus and his status

I'll say it is a mixed bag for me. On one hand I'm looking forward to see his backstory expanded while on the other I'm on the verge of facepalming every second time something gets "revealed" or teased because it gets all forcibly hung back to the atrocity that is Union X. When it was still the browser game I was pretty much on board with its story because it had a good premise and setup (as so many of Nomura's ideas have) yet when it comes to the continuation I'm getting more and more annoyed not only because of the truly abysmal pacing of the story but also due to the constant shoehorning of already existing characters into that era.
You can't be faulted for forgetting much stuff about its story since it takes ages for just two meager story scenes to be released and the existing characters shoehorned in so far are either a) window dressing or b) don't match up with what is already known about them.

When it comes specifically to Ventus he's actually one of the few I don't mind much being included in the chi-era even if I would have preferred a less convoluted approach to his backstory.
There are some hints made about his mysterious past in the series beforehand so it is a possible setup that can be chained to existing stuff and yet, so far the story of Ux hasn't focused on Ven at all and the only things we did get to see that he's indeed very similar to his present self in the areas of being kind, innocent and pure but which are also things we already knew from Xehanort's BBS reports. His yearning to have friends like in BBS is also already present. What is new to a degree is his general diffidence and insecurity and of course that he's at age 10 or 11 there.

That combination however is like a very good setup to be manipulated or tricked so a dark entity pretending to befriend him and then hijacking his body is certainly a possibility that would make sense and has to be kept in mind.

The whole "sealed inside" scenario however has also its merit when one remembers Ven's sacrificial streak and if something evil has to be sealed away he wouldn't want any of his newfound friends to have to bear it.

For both of these scenarios, it is still possible that Ven does indeed have his own darkness despite the whole "too pure" statements, although it would be laced and originate mainly from fear, insecurity and loneliness, nothing actually malicious although a malicious intended being could still exploit it just like Xehanort exploited Terra's.

Ven being a natural pure heart of light would be a new development that would shake up or affect quite some other parts of the overall lore and literally make him the opposite of Sora thematically in terms of "just ordinary boy" as then he would be marked as a highly special entity.
Perhaps he was even the one MoM intended to have the BoP originally, as in all the whole "false light" stuff he mentions with Xehanort?
There are so many possibilities.

All three of these scenarios I would be acceptable to a certain degree as it could be a good further development of Ven's character.

There are certainly even more possibilities, but if I had to put my foot down the only scenario I DON'T want to see is that Ventus' shown personality is just an act and even as a 10/11 year old he's actually an evil shitbag.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It would certainly be something new, no questions asked. The scenario and narrative possibilities one can play with are also manifold.

cakito123

Awards
Everything regarding Vanitas and Ventus isn't only new, but absurdly unexplained since BBS. I've been waiting for a moment when Nomura would start hinting at his past and his lighty nature and Vanitas origins, since in BBS it isn't explained really well what Vanitas actually is and how did he come to life.
So yeah, I'm not against the expanded lore ReMind seems to hint regarding our dumb boy Ven

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sooo... anyone asking themselves if the MoM can really return at any moment without Luxu's and the Foretellers help? I mean, we see him speaking with Young 'nort, unless he jumped Worldlines into that specific time and then jumped into a different Worldline and got stuck to that one?

Also, does anyone wonder what that exchange between Yozora and Sora was about? Yozora saying Sora sees him as Yozora and Sora using Sora's name? But the Yozora we see is the real deal, since we see that same figure in the car.

Back