• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re Mind DLC Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I feel like this DLC was a ripoff, personally.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Nomura and SE deserve any heat they get from charging $30 to rewatch cutscenes from a game we already paid for.
People complained about KH 2.9, but at least it had content. A full game and a decent short game.
The amount of forced exposition and reused content is actually staggering to me.

2 quid is good

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Nomura and SE deserve any heat they get from charging $30 to rewatch cutscenes from a game we already paid for.
People complained about KH 2.9, but at least it had content. A full game and a decent short game.
The amount of forced exposition and reused content is actually staggering to me.

I suppose a lot of people are in the hangover from those frankly beautiful gameplay sequences and character interactions. I'm glad I haven't bought it, but I absolutely would love to buy it when it becomes cheaper, I find that the guardian fight, mickey sequence and scala/data greeting plus FF characters would be worth half the price it currently is for me personally. It is a little bit alarming just how much of the remind scenario is old content

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I totally understand that you were underwhelmed by the additional scenario especially if this was the only thing you were interested in, but let's not pretend like the DLC didn't include a whole slew of other content. You paid for a hell of a lot more than just a few hours of rehash.

Awards
For me it was everything. I wasn't expecting to be half this good tbh. it made the game grow a hell lot for me. This was my first time playing the game after I beat (besides leveling up and getting the other keyblades) and it actually made me want to repla the whole thing to get the full experience.

I cried and got emotional with the dlc and the context they brought into the final of the game.

It also gave, at least IMO two of the best sequences for a KH game.

Looking forward to the next game

I do understand who's complaining but for me it was worth it.

cakito123

Awards
Hahahah just listened now to Axel and Aqua's dialogue when Axel talks something cool and Aqua is like "You don't need to talk, just fight!" and axel responds, "Geez, you don't need to say like that"

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I really, REALLY wish it were that simple. But if this past year has taught me anything, it's that cutting ties with a series you've been so damn invested in for years isn't easy. And because of all the ridiculous sequel bait, Sora's non existent conclusion, and the general lack of pay off for so many elements in this series, KH3 just wasn't conclusive enough for me to feel content moving on. And it sucks because I know I'm not going enjoy where this series is heading, and Nomura definitely doesn't have my faith at this point either. I hate feeling conflicted like this 🙁
This constant cycle is also probably another reason I resent KH3 so much.

In other news, I'm still trying to compile and sort through my thoughts with dlc. It's making progress, but I probably won't be posting them till at least tommorow (since there's so much to talk about).

Noivern

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I really, REALLY wish it were that simple. But if this past year has taught me anything, it's that cutting ties with a series you've been so damn invested in for years isn't easy. And because of all the ridiculous sequel bait, Sora's non existent conclusion, and the general lack of pay off for so many elements in this series, KH3 just wasn't conclusive enough for me to feel content moving on. And it sucks because I know I'm not going enjoy where this series is heading, and Nomura definitely doesn't have my faith at this point. I hate feeling conflicted like this 🙁

In other news, I'm still trying to compile and sort through my thoughts with dlc. It's making progress, but I probably won't be posting them till at least tommorow (since there's so much to talk about).
Ooh! I want to here your thoughts on it right now though. You can't leave me hanging :(

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Ooh! I want to here your thoughts on it right now though. You can't leave me hanging :(
Aaaw, I'm sorry XD But it really warms my heart to hear someone's actually interested in my thoughts.

If I can say anything right now, it's that this dlc, though exhausting and incredibly flawed, served to make many elements of KH3 more digestible for me. Not to say it was any easier to understand, or answered all the questions that really needed answering, but it gave me a clearer picture of what KH3 really was as a peice of media (at least, in my eyes).

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Didn't Nomura legit made clear in the Ultimania that the scene was Riku seeing through Riku Replica's sacrifice?

You know, I'm starting to see the argument about heteronormativity.

Which reminds me -

Spoiler Spoiler Show

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Aaaw, I'm sorry XD But it really warms my heart to hear someone's actually interested in my thoughts.

If I can say anything right now, it's that this dlc, though exhausting and incredibly flawed, served to make many elements of KH3 more digestible for me. Not to say it was any easier to understand, or answered all the questions that really needed answering, but it gave me a clearer picture of what KH3 really was as a peice of media (at least, in my eyes).
I still need to gather my thoughts before I can give my full opinion on the game too. There was a lot I enjoyed but I don't know if ReMind suffers from the "Two little too late" syndrome. I'll decided tomorrow.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

mriku90

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Is it really too much to ask to have the other playable characters be properly scaled for Critical Mode or to simply have their stats and equipped items match Sora? I switched to Sora on all of those fights because I kept dying as the others but it was a breeze as Sora and I wanted to progress the story.

GreyouTT

Awards
Finally beat Episode 1 of the DLC. Took me five hours according to my saves.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall I liked it a lot.

Also did Terra sound like he was recorded with a bad mic towards the end?

Can I just say whomever thought Curaga should be the triangle command should be fired. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? That made things twice as hard as they already were.

Interesting, Triangle is my go to for Curaga.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
As someone who didn’t like Kingdom Hearts 3 story wise, I enjoyed the DLC.

I should clarify, they have this cool feature that I use to enjoy the game more. When story happens if you hit OPTIONS and hit SKIP CUTSCENES the experience stays pleasant to the end.
That SKIP CUTSCENES came in clutch.

Venitas

Came back now that I've started Limit Cut. This is insanely better than the Re:Mind scenario. The new music and the fights and character interactions are enough to outweigh the lack of exploration. KH3 actually feels good to play now. These battles are awesome. I'm glad I grinded to level 99 on my proud file though. Havent had anything infuriatingly cheap, when I die I know it's because I got too hasty and tried to bite off more than I could chew. I'm honestly really happy with Limit Cut.

5/13 down! I'm in the flow state now

OneDandelion

Awards
My expectations were set too high, but even so it is only worth $30 to the people who love insane boss battles.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back