• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re Mind DLC Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GreyouTT

Awards
Speaking of music, anyone else really like that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Another small thing I found to be likeable is how

they re-enacted basically the DDD opening at one point on top of the whole everyone fights the Norticas, this time making it look really like a team effort and not just a Sora show like the original game.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I totally understand that you were underwhelmed by the additional scenario especially if this was the only thing you were interested in, but let's not pretend like the DLC didn't include a whole slew of other content. You paid for a hell of a lot more than just a few hours of rehash.

Exactly. This was absolutely worth the $30 (I'm Canadian and paid $40 lol). If people were hoping the ReMind scenario itself was going to be 15 hours, they were expecting WAY too high, and this is why they should never have those crazy expectations. But the DLC as a whole, as a package? When you consider we're getting ReMind, the Limit Cut Episode, the Secret Episode w/Boss, Secret Ending, the Premium Menu and the Data Greeting feature (plus that new fire pieces in these sections from Yoko, which I ALWAYS look forward to)... All that is definitely worth the price. If someone's not the type for superbosses and don't like the data greeting stuff, it wouldn't be, but that's subjective.

Finances too, I understand that it's a pretty steep price and not everyone has the budget for that sort of thing, so I understand. But when I think about what we got, and just how in-depth a lot of the features are... I believe in time, people will see it definitely is worth it. Plus contextually, the rehash makes sense. Even in the trailer description and Nomura's new interview, that was implied. It adds a whole new dimension to the same path in the base game, but the ending (just like it was said before) plays out the same. Just like what a Final Mix does.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So, yeah, I loved it a ton. I'm extremely happy with what I got, and I'm playing the DLC right now as we speak. I haven't finished the Limit Cut stuff yet, but I'm excited to go through all of them! I'm glad that KH3 is finally complete as an experience. And whether you loved it, hated it, liked it or felt indifferent to it... It's here, it happened, and now it's done. And I'm personally excited for the future.

GreyouTT

Awards
Exactly. This was absolutely worth the $30 (I'm Canadian and paid $40 lol). If people were hoping the ReMind scenario itself was going to be 15 hours, they were expecting WAY too high, and this is why they should never have those crazy expectations. But the DLC as a whole, as a package? When you consider we're getting ReMind, the Limit Cut Episode, the Secret Episode w/Boss, Secret Ending, the Premium Menu and the Data Greeting feature (plus that new fire pieces in these sections from Yoko, which I ALWAYS look forward to)... All that is definitely worth the price. If someone's not the type for superbosses and don't like the data greeting stuff, it wouldn't be, but that's subjective.

Finances too, I understand that it's a pretty steep price and not everyone has the budget for that sort of thing, so I understand. But when I think about what we got, and just how in-depth a lot of the features are... I believe in time, people will see it definitely is worth it. Plus contextually, the rehash makes sense. Even in the trailer description and Nomura's new interview, that was implied. It adds a whole new dimension to the same path in the base game, but the ending (just like it was said before) plays out the same. Just like what a Final Mix does.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So, yeah, I loved it a ton. I'm extremely happy with what I got, and I'm playing the DLC right now as we speak. I haven't finished the Limit Cut stuff yet, but I'm excited to go through all of them! I'm glad that KH3 is finally complete as an experience. And whether you loved it, hated it, liked it or felt indifferent to it... It's here, it happened, and now it's done. And I'm personally excited for the future.
Not to mention this was developed with the Free Update that refurbished the combat and even added a few bells and whistles too.

NoWay

Awards
Why isn’t anybody talking about the new abilities? KH3 feels like a new game with Soras new abilities. His base combos are really really fast and for me it doesn’t feel floaty at all. Especially the air combos are improved.

Need to replay this game.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Not to mention this was developed with the Free Update that refurbished the combat and even added a few bells and whistles too.

Exactly. So everything we've got is actually even more than the Final Mixes we've gotten in the past. Like, the Limit Cut ALONE is going to run you more time than ReMind is (unless you're either playing on a lower difficulty OR you're just that good with the combat/higher LV). But maybe a lot of these people never did the Cavern of Remembrance, so to them, the Limit Cut isn't important.

But something to point out... (is this a spoiler? I'll hide it just in case.)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Actually, maybe ReMind's length is a good thing, because let's say Critical Mode isn't your forte and you wanted to do the Limit Cut on Standard. I don't think you'd want a longer campaign if you're just wanting to get to the good fights. Of course, you could just skip the cutscenes and make it that much faster for yourself, but then, I feel like that proves my point even more.

KH3's ReMind DLC is different because previously, you'd have to replay the whole game just for the extra stuff. Now, you can just select what you want from the main menu, provided you cleared the base game already. What this means is, the content is a lot more streamlined to get into. But I think that's why people aren't used to it, this DLC doesn't function the same way the other Final Mixes do.

Why isn’t anybody talking about the new abilities? KH3 feels like a new game with Soras new abilities. His base combos are really really fast and for me it doesn’t feel floaty at all. Especially the air combos are improved.

Need to replay this game.

A lot of the gameplay-oriented KH YouTubers have approved of the new free update, and I was so surprised how much of a difference those six abilities made. But I did have faith that the DLC would tweak Sora's base combos considerably. KH2FM did the same for KH2, so I didn't think they were just gonna leave Sora alone, knowing how much people wanted for a more KH2-esque combat.

I can't help but chuckle though, cause people really wanted to call the Osaka Team trash or incompetent.

2 quid is good

Awards
Exactly. This was absolutely worth the $30 (I'm Canadian and paid $40 lol). If people were hoping the ReMind scenario itself was going to be 15 hours, they were expecting WAY too high, and this is why they should never have those crazy expectations.
I can only speak for myself, but when I see something priced at half the price of the game, I would expect something that's half the content of the game which remind absolutely is not.

Of course I know this franchise and I know what final mixes tend to be like, so I was well aware that it absolutely was not gonna be anywhere near half the length of the game which is why I haven't bought it and won't til a price drop.

However its shocking how many people in twitter or reddit were enthused by this, and started comparing KH to the Witcher 3 expansions that were of a similar price but far far larger in scale, and I don't think it can be said that CD projekt red is anymore or less able than square enix to produce something like that. If you tried to tell these people that the dlc wasn't gonna be as long as they thought they absolutely wouldn't hear of it.

A combination of KH3s age mates releasing similarly priced dlc, the complete vagueness surrounding remind (which we can still see by users who are confused on what exactly it entails) and the desire for KH3 to become more in line with other current franchises in terms of dlc really did a number on people. KH3 proper burned me quite badly so I had conditioned myself to expect the basest of base expectations.

I thought KH3s baseline would have ff characters and playable original worlds? Go under that. Do a limbo with your expectations no matter how sensible they may seem.

And tbh that's rather sad, that the only reason I'm not one of the disappointed people this time round is that I have such little faith in Square and Nomura to deliver. But anyway.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I can only speak for myself, but when I see something priced at half the price of the game, I would expect something that's half the content of the game which remind absolutely is not.

Of course I know this franchise and I know what final mixes tend to be like, so I was well aware that it absolutely was not gonna be anywhere near half the length of the game which is why I haven't bought it and won't til a price drop.

That's fair, and I absolutely respect that. I think that's a great way to go about it. I said it in my post above, but I absolutely can understand why a $30 DLC isn't feasible for many. Life happens, and I'm definitely not going to judge anyone for their financial situations. I'm no rich person either, but I guess I can justify it for myself off the fact that I love this franchise to tons. To someone else who might not be nearly as passionate as I am, I 100% get it.

However its shocking how many people in twitter or reddit were enthused by this, and started comparing KH to the Witcher 3 expansions that were of a similar price but far far larger in scale, and I don't think it can be said that CD projekt red is anymore or less able than square enix to produce something like that. If you tried to tell these people that the dlc wasn't gonna be as long as they thought they absolutely wouldn't hear of it.

Yeah, I saw those comparisons, and when you start seeing that... People are bound to be disappointed. If the DLC was $20, I'd be all for it, but I can see why Square thought $30 was adequate. Square Enix is the same company that put out three FFXV DLCs at $10, Comrades and then the eventual Royal Edition (which includes the Royal Pack with everything else included). So I can for sure see why consumers feel a bit... Hesitant when it comes to their business practices.

But personally, from my perspective, I think that's why the marketing team pushed the Data Greeting feature so much. Not only did they know just how the online fanbase would love it, but I think it also gives more than enough content for people to go in and make their own memes with the official models. Some companies would charge you $15 alone for this probably. Back in the day, people just ripped the KH2 and BBS models and did whatever they wanted after, but now, you're getting not only the models but high quality backgrounds (that you can technically walk around in), music selections and a slideshow to top it all off.

A combination of KH3s age mates releasing similarly priced dlc, the complete vagueness surrounding remind (which we can still see by users who are confused on what exactly it entails) and the desire for KH3 to become more in line with other current franchises in terms of dlc really did a number on people. KH3 proper burned me quite badly so I had conditioned myself to expect the basest of base expectations.

I thought KH3s baseline would have ff characters and playable original worlds? Go under that. Do a limbo with your expectations no matter how sensible they may seem.

And tbh that's rather sad, that the only reason I'm not one of the disappointed people this time round is that I have such little faith in Square and Nomura to deliver. But anyway.

I do think that there were some misfires when it comes to KH3. Despite how much I praise it here and online anywhere else, I definitely don't believe it's a 10/10 game. When people mentioned the FF characters not being in the game, Oathkeeper and Oblivion not being there at launch, no Olympus Coliseum, no Radiant Garden and Kairi/Aqua's character arcs, I get what they're saying and the criticism is fair. Would I have loved a modern gaming masterpiece that's praised on the level of Nier Automata? Absolutely. Everyone would. But even though we didn't get an objective 9-10/10 game, I think KH3 is good enough to stand on its own two legs.

I think KH3 getting an 8/10 overall across the board is accurate. Maybe not to individual preferences and tastes, but I think that's a fair rating. Even 7/10 isn't bad. It might be for Kingdom Hearts 3, but for any other KH game, I don't think it would've been that big of a deal.

But I loved what we did get, and the reason why I don't feel the same way many here do is honestly beause I went into KH3 with no expectations. I've kept up to date with the franchise from back when 358/2 and BBS were the newest games on the horizon, but I went into KH3 with one expectation in mind: that Xehanort would be defeated. As long as the game did that, it succeeded. So everything else to me was a ride, because I knew it was coming. I felt some disappointments too, don't get me wrong, but because I didn't expect massive set pieces that I had in my mind, I appreciated the ones that did happen.

And I don't think I'd write off Nomura just yet. I understand why you feel the way you do, but let's say KH3 is an objective dumpster fire. It's still only one game. Of course, it's better to have no bad games at all, and even moreso if it also wasn't the most important game to date, but sometimes it happens. Sometimes, you just miss the mark and gotta take that L and do better for the next one. And look at ReMind, it's clear that Square and Nomura very much did listen to the criticism across the internet and tried to deliver on that front. Naturally in the end though, it's up to Square and Nomura to win back your (the consumer) trust back. Now, if the next game isn't improving on what KH3 did and didn't do, then I'd have concerns. But with the whole experience that is KH3... I think moving forward, I'm optimistic that they'll aim to deliver a great game to us.

However, I still feel that in time, people will look at KH3 more favourably. Maybe not everyone, but with ReMind out the door, I definitely believe it will eventually.

Beyond

Awards
I said it in my post above, but I absolutely can understand why a $30 DLC isn't feasible for many. Life happens, and I'm definitely not going to judge anyone for their financial situations. I'm no rich person either

No, you don't understand: this is not about having financial issues.
It's because the offert doesn't match the price, simple and clean.
I could have been millionare, but I wouldn't have bought this DLC for this price in any case.

Last edited:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
It may take some weeks until I try ReMind for myself since I just started my critical run, but my initial thoughts from what I saw:

- One of my complaints about KH3 is that it feels like a movie most of the time, due to the amount of cutscenes and how long they can be. After seeing how ReMind starts, seems like they still don't get it. Doesn't matter if Nomura has a lot going on his head, they need to condense what he wants to tell, so the player doesn't feel bored. It's supposed to be a videogame, not a movie. And having the option to skip cutscenes can't be an excuse, because the other KH videogames never felt like a movie to me.

- I had the biggest smile on my face watching the cutscene with the FF characters. I love these guys! And as expected, Cid is already getting some work done. Bonus points for Riku finally meet them.

- I liked everything I saw from Yozora. His voice is a little deeper that I expected, but I can get used to it. Giving us two different endings wasa cool move from them. Seems like the driver has Luxord's voice?! It would be a cool twist if he came from Yozora's wordline, instead of being another one from X era. Next step - A Verum Rex game.

Not from ReMind, but I also like the improvements they did for the cutscenes, especially the ending. It's impressive how good lighthing can make a lot of difference. Seeing Riku smile while watching his two childhood friends together really makes him the best boy. KH1 Riku wouldn't feel like that.

All these improvements to the cutscenes are just another proof of how rushed KH3 was though...

Didn't see much more, so I will talk about the rest later.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm not gonna quote the whole of your post because I generally see where you're coming from too and don't really feel like starting an argument XD
think KH3 getting an 8/10 overall across the board is accurate. Maybe not to individual preferences and tastes, but I think that's a fair rating. Even 7/10 isn't bad. It might be for Kingdom Hearts 3, but for any other KH game, I don't think it would've been that big of a deal.
This is sort of an issue, but not really, for me. I can easily see KH3 being a 9/10 stand alone game, however it's not just a standalone game, it is a conclusion, so on that basis as a KH game it rates more low to me than it would have if it were unattached to anything else.

And I don't think I'd write off Nomura just yet. I understand why you feel the way you do, but let's say KH3 is an objective dumpster fire. It's still only one game.

The real issue is moreso with UX and KH3 combined having (again, imo) poor plots, and both of them being the set up for the future, it really disinterests me. However the Verum Rex stuff has intrigued me a little bit, even rekindled my love for theorising, so we'll see how it goes. But again, I do feel that it's incredibly sad that things that were series staples are now no longer guaranteed, and I won't really feel fine with that.

The only way I would be is if they were replaced with something better, but as I mentioned earlier, in the very short scenes they had the FF characters really stole everyone's thunder and that's what I love about them. They're always written in an interesting way, thus they force everyone around them to be interesting too. I really didn't get that feeling from much of the original cast, save for Demyx and Larxene. Perhaps even Hayner and his posse but even then, they're vastly more entertaining when interacting with Seifer.

Aaaaaaaaand I just realised that the Twilight Town gang includes Saix. Excuse me while I face-palm repeatedly at the prospect of skuld, Good guy Isa and copious UX shenanigans.

Gosh I really hope the furrytellers are a one and done scenario

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
No, you don't understand: this is not about having financial issues.
It's because the offert doesn't not match the price, simple and clean.
I could have been millionare, but I wouldn't have bought this DLC for this price in any case.

Well... I can only really vouch for my own experience. But there are plenty of people I've seen that can't spend the $30. Sure, there's also a lot of people that feel the price is steep just off principle, but there's not a lot that can be done except deciding whether you it's worth it or not. And if you do want it, when to purchase. $20 is the best price for everyone in my opinion, BUT I can see why Square said "Y'know what, let's charge $30!"

If what you saw in the DLC isn't for you OR you don't want to pay for it at the current price, then that's fair. Square's games and DLCs I think go on discount now and again, and KH3 itself is a lot cheaper now than it was at launch, so I don't think ReMind would be any different.

But you know... Maybe in order to give more clarity for everyone, Nomura should've said how long the ReMind scenario will take. He did that for 0.2 that the scenario for that would take "as long as one KH3" world, which I think he said in an even older interview that they're about 2-3 hours (I feel like this is accurate because in KH3, that's generally about as long as it takes to complete a world). I think that would've given people more information to go on, so they don't feel cheated when they play ReMind and not get what they were hoping.

This is sort of an issue, but not really, for me. I can easily see KH3 being a 9/10 stand alone game, however it's not just a standalone game, it is a conclusion, so on that basis as a KH game it rates more low to me than it would have if it were unattached to anything else.

No worries on the quote LOL. Definitely not looking to start an argument! As long as you get me.

But yeah, I feel that. That's why I think KH3 gets judged the harshest, because it's supposed to be a saga closer. There's big expectations that come with that. I think what happened with KH3's narrative is that Nomura had so many plot points to wrap up that he struggled finding a good place to handle it. So when he mentions how the original Keyblade Graveyard segment was supposed to be longer but he cut it down because of how long it'd be, I believe him.

That's why in all the trailers, it's mostly Keyblade Graveyard stuff. I think even in the back of his mind, he knew he'd have to go back and flesh it out.

The real issue is moreso with UX and KH3 combined having (again, imo) poor plots, and both of them being the set up for the future, it really disinterests me. However the Verum Rex stuff has intrigued me a little bit, even rekindled my love for theorising, so we'll see how it goes. But again, I do feel that it's incredibly sad that things that were series staples are now no longer guaranteed, and I won't really feel fine with that.

The only way I would be is if they were replaced with something better, but as I mentioned earlier, in the very short scenes they had the FF characters really stole everyone's thunder and that's what I love about them. They're always written in an interesting way, thus they force everyone around them to be interesting too. I really didn't get that feeling from much of the original cast, save for Demyx and Larxene. Perhaps even Hayner and his posse but even then, they're vastly more entertaining when interacting with Seifer.

Aaaaaaaaand I just realised that the Twilight Town gang includes Saix. Excuse me while I face-palm repeatedly at the prospect of skuld, Good guy Isa and copious UX shenanigans.

Gosh I really hope the furrytellers are a one and done scenario

I'm guessing you're not that big of the UX storyline and all that stuff, right? In that case, yeah, no wonder you're not feeling it. I follow the UX storyline on YouTube (because actually playing UX is tedious and I don't wanna do all that for four short event scenes a month), and I'm pretty interested in what's going on. However, the story could be really amazing if it was given the console treatment (which is why I'm disappointed about Project Xehanort being a mobile game BUT I'm gonna be optimistic and hope it's good), and there's so much potential if they go that route.

But Verum Rex? Hoo boy, that's essentially what's got me tuned in like Saturday morning cartoons. I loved Versus XIII back when it was called that, and it just looked so damn cool. So imagine my surprise when I see a guy who looks like Noctis, in Toy Box's commercial... In which the trailer looks so much like Versus XIII's did back in the day. I know some posters here aren't too keen on KH Versus XIII: Revenge of The Salt, but damn it, I can't help but be hyped. 😂

I think what's key here is what happens after KH3, that'll be the biggest tell. The Foretellers might be a one and done, but the Verum Rex stuff... That one seems like it might be the new direction. But I haven't completed the DLC, so I have NO idea what's in store for me lmao.

2 quid is good

Awards
I think what's key here is what happens after KH3, that'll be the biggest tell. The Foretellers might be a one and done, but the Verum Rex stuff... That one seems like it might be the new direction. But I haven't completed the DLC, so I have NO idea what's in store for me lmao.

I hope for this, I was pretty hyped as a kid for versus too and watched most of the trailers, so I'm cautiously optimistic. At the same time I feel like shaking Nomura and just shouting LET! IT! GO!

Noivern

Awards
I definitely disagree with Re:Mind being worth of it's price. Like others said, it's literally half the price of a full game with not nearly as much content. It's not really about how long it takes you to master and clear it; it's literally about what you get for the price. It's even more alarming in other countries where the price is even worse.

BUT. This IS a Square Enix game. It's not the first time they do this nor will it be the last, and I do think we got a better deal than what they did with FFXV, for one. (unless they announce another DLC in the future, which I doubt but wouldn't be really surprising to me either).

However, when taking into account KH3 + the free update + re:mind then I do think we have a fairly decent experience, somewhat on par with 2FM but in different areas.

But that's looking at the unified package and from the perspective of a inevitable "KH3 Complete Version" for a more affordable price (that is also subject to discounts in the future). Paying full price for KH3 right now and THEN full price for the DLC is too salty for my tastes.

But again, like every other recent square enix game, this is a discussion that only matters for us right about now. Anyone picking up this game in 2 years from now won't have any issues, just like how KH: The Story So Far is incredibly cheap nowadays for a package that countains literally everything the franchise released before kh3.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Upon reading Scala ad Caleum would be an explorable area, I assumed it’d be the trio exploring the area searching for Xehanort before the final battle began.
I was disappointed by what the context actually was (exploring it by yourself because...I don’t know, time travel or something).
Yeah, I don’t think I’ll be interested in this. If it’s mainly new cutscenes, I’ll watch those on YT. I’m guessing the new bosses are considerably fun, but it looks like nearly all of them are fought alone.
What I was hoping from this DLC was more sidequests added to the main game. Something to do to take my party to, explore new caverns or dungeons or whatever. Since like vanilla KH2, there’s really not much reason to grind in this game as is. I still do it of course, as I find KH3’s combat inherently enjoyable (even if, as expressed, I find fighting with friends vastly more fun than Sora solo battles). Disappointed, but eh, guess I’ll spend my gift card money on something else. That free update sounds lovely though!

cakito123

Awards
It may take some weeks until I try ReMind for myself since I just started my critical run, but my initial thoughts from what I saw:

- One of my complaints about KH3 is that it feels like a movie most of the time, due to the amount of cutscenes and how long they can be. After seeing how ReMind starts, seems like they still don't get it. Doesn't matter if Nomura has a lot going on his head, they need to condense what he wants to tell, so the player doesn't feel bored. It's supposed to be a videogame, not a movie. And having the option to skip cutscenes can't be an excuse, because the other KH videogames never felt like a movie to me.

I actually had the opposite impression playing the ReMind DLC. There were a lot of moments that base-KH3 failed to implement in a gameplay section. There were a lot of times in KH3 where they could just make us play the damn situation (like Vanitas in Monsters INC should at least be a 30 second boss, Riku in Radiant Garden should have a gameplay section too, and I can't think of any more scenes they should have made a gameplay section, but I remember being disappointed by this a lot of times while playing the game too).

But in the DLC, there is a lot of gameplay sections aimed to story delivering and interactions: like the part where you fight with everyone with some QuickTimeEvents, Mickey's badass moment, Sora's aiming on keyholes... I can see how they could just make cutscenes for that, but they chose to make the most interactive way possible, and I really loved this. I missed it .
And that's the parts where Re:Mind shines the most for me. I loved pressing triangle to get Mickey to stand up, I got really hyped when Riku missed the Traingle Finisher I pressed, and Terra came in to save him.
It may look like a little detail, but it really helps delivering the climax and it is absolutely less boring than only watching. This is a game, after all.

Last edited:

cakito123

Awards
One thing I still get a little lost thinking about it:
how exactly is Armored Xehanort in the end against Kairi and Sora? Shouldn't he be dead from SDG inside Scala ad Caelum? Is it really him, or only his armor like the replica clones? I don't think I understand the last bit regarding Xehanort

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The effort put into the new music can't be stated enough. All the bosses got new arrangements! Besides Vanitas and Dark Riku since they already had them from the base game, of course. They didn't even take the easy way out with repeating tracks. Like, Larxene's 13th Struggle is completely different from Luxord's. I'm blown away and can't wait for the official soundtrack release.

kaseykockroach

Awards
One thing I still get a little lost thinking about it:
how exactly is Armored Xehanort in the end against Kairi and Sora? Shouldn't he be dead from SDG inside Scala ad Caelum? Is it really him, or only his armor like the replica clones? I don't think I understand the last bit regarding Xehanort
Once I gathered this involved time travel, I stopped asking questions.
Time travel that didn’t involve delving into the world of black and white cartoons, anyway.

Back