• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re Mind DLC Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
I still would like to give it a shot for myself before confidently passing judgement (I have a PSN gift card and will use it on this if I can't find anything else), but this sounds like something of a disappointing trade-off. Of the mainline games, KH2 is my least favorite and least revisited by a long shot, yet I think its Final Mix offers the largest amount of improvements of all the FM's. I've found KH3 the most fun to revisit, but in turn, none of my few qualms with the game were addressed in this DLC. Structural qualms, anyway. The free update stuff is quite appreciated, but that's a different category.
But my main bone to pick with KH3 was the lack of anything to do once the story was done, an issue carried over from vanilla KH2 (which had a coliseum, but it didn't give EXP so there was absolutely no reason to do it). So I assumed KH3's DLC would offer the same kind of thing KH2's FM would. A cavern/dungeon to explore, extra boss fights (most of the Data battles fought with D&G with you), so on. I thoroughly loved exploring KH3's worlds and was hungry for more and eagerly hoped this DLC was going to satisfy my hunger for more of that. But...really, nothing? Scala Ad Caleum is only explorable on some side mode thing, and it's all by yourself? I didn't mind Scala not being explorable in the main game as I just enjoyed it as a final save point ala Final Rest, so I'm not that bothered in this case.
Really strange. I'm in the party that loves this game and even I think this sounds like a bummer.

2 quid is good

Awards
So I thought I'd put my thoughts on Remind out here, I've got a pretty good handle on it by now so here we go

Spoiler Spoiler Show

As to how Remind makes me feel about KH3, it makes it feel fun. Whereas before it was depressing to sit and think about the positives and negatives, now I can do so with a much more lighter feeling than previously.

I'm still not at all excited by the prospect of Isa being good, Subject X, the furrytellers etc, but the secret ending very much did grab my interest and I only hope its not squandered away.
I still personally feel KH3 has one the worst plots in the series, Remind doesn't really fix or exacerbate that, but it also now has my favourite moments in the series too and this level of fanservice was truly warranted after KH3's snoozefest of a finale where the only thing of note to happen was the final world and a KHUX moment. Not to detract from that, as that was a great set piece, but it was surrounded by a lot of mediocre stuff, especially in hindsight. It's amazing how far the correct characters being playable for certain fights will take you.

so tl;dr my thoughts on KH3 base haven't changed but I have a vastly more positive feeling to it now. If that even makes sense.

GreyouTT

Awards
One thing I still get a little lost thinking about it:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks to Nomura opening so many cans of worms since DDD there are multiple possible explanations:

It could be yet another replica, a manifestation like Lingering Will, a simple projection, a piece of Xehanort's heart yet again and so on.

What is to note though that this Xehanort has the thirteen created "Keys" that aren't forged into the X-blade yet so it could be also a manifestation from the past.

Any

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

TepidShark

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Welcome in the KH saga. 😂

I'm really, really sorry for being the salty gay dude, but this is 2020 for God's sake and I can't stand this thing anymore.

Don't worry. We are many. Sokai made me more heterophobic. although I did love their scenes in the new CG ending. It was cute seeing them appear everywhere.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Before I say anything on the subject, I'm honestly really curious what you personally hope the answer is going to be (and conversely, which one you'd find the most undesirable). You're easily one of the most hardcore Ventus fans I know, so I'm sure you're full thoughts would be particularly interesting. 😜

Soldier

Awards
What I want to know most of all for Remind (and what I don't like about it) is why didn't they have Sora's equipment transfer over when you play as someone else.
Here's an example of what I mean,
When choosing to play as either Sora or Aqua in a fight, you would choose Aqua. She has very little defense (naturally) strong magic, an ether and a potion. Her quick select is set similar to how it was in 2.8, and she's locked into using her default spellweaver formchange. Alright fine, but why can't she have Sora's armor and accessories equipped as well? I've tested it out.

When going into fights as Sora, you're going to wreck shop, play as anyone else, you will, but it won't be easy. they don't get the handy buffs and resistances that Sora's gifted through his many accessories reducing elemental and physical attacks. And because you don't have access to things like MP haste or more than one ether, when your magic runs out and everyone's dead, get ready to run.

Any

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

drew0512

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

redcrown

Awards
I want my money back. Why didn't I just hold out and watch it on YouTube first? Because I thought we would get a playable Radiant Garden and Dark Realm segment at the very least, like the BBS secret episode.

This is the last KH game I'll ever buy before seeing spoilers. I should have learned not to preorder KH games after KH3, but silly me thought Re:Mind might actually function as damage control, not add to it; or at least have enough content to justify being priced as half of what KH3 was.

I paid 30 dollars to watch cutscene rehashes and have nausea inducing forced romance shoved in my face for hours. The disappointment is worse than from KH3, that was nothing compared to this.

Back