• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Love how the end of it has Somnus playing. It may sound different, but that's definitely Somnus.

My thought exactly. The first note is practically identical.
I feel like I should gasp and be mad, but honestly? I wish Nomura all the best with whatever ideas he has here. He deserves a second chance at a project that was taken from him for, in my opinion, unfair reasons.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
And people thought Kingdom Hearts jumped the shark in KH3D with the time travel stuff. That was nothing compared to this.

I really don't know what to think about this. The graphics are amazing, but so far this doesn't make any sense.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Perkilator

Awards
If I had taken programming classes sooner, maybe I could offer to give Square Enix a Hand with the next Kingdom Hearts game?

Nukara

Awards
People are interested, with the release of a large DLC for KH3, we can expect an extended secret ending, as was the case with the Final mix version of KH1 and KH2?
Most likely we are waiting for a spin-off game with Riku as the main character.

NoWay

Awards
Whatever SE wants to do, I really hope for a new KH game in the next 2-3 years. They could use the assets from KH3 and release KHIV on PS4 and PS5 with enhanced graphics. KHV could be the first using the new engine of the PS5. However, I do think they should reuse KH3’s assets to release KHIV quickly. They cannot let us wait for another 6 years.. It also seems like KH3 ist going to be hit, so why letting people wait?

EDIT: I think we should call it KH4 and not KHIV.

brandedkarma

Spoiler Spoiler Show

DraceEmpressa

Awards
My knowledge on the subject matter is limited, but Sora looks like he's in Shinjuku near the 109 department store (though it looks like a 104 if you asked me). Riku stands near the Tokyo Metropolitan Building, the place where the Master of Masters stands atop. Horay for being a Digimon fan so you can know all these landmarks.

Oh, hey! I am a Digimon fan too! and I'm still pissed at Toei on how Tri was executed and how they treat Sho isn't any better either! :D

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noivern

Awards
Glad to see fellow Digimon fans here!

Now that I let out some of my steam towards how angry the secret ending made me feel, now I just feel.. empty. Like, this is obvious sequel baiting but we are not in the same place we were for the last 10 years where you could easily develop multiple spin offs reutilizing the same engine, so I'm worried for when said sequel is going to come to continue this story.

My bet is for maybe a new game on the switch with downgraded graphics with someone else as a protagonist (hopefully set in the Eraqus/Xehanort era?).

RevenantMemory

I can't wait for Sora to drop by the starbucks coffee shop in Shibuya before arriving late to the final boss sipping his large sized choco chip frappucino

zachen

Awards
Gotta love waiting 13 years for a game with a mediocre ending and far too much sequel baiting.
Thanks SE I'll be sure not to be a customer going forward.

eiczerofour

I loved this ending. I loved the epilouge. I loved the secret movie. It honestly reminds me of kh1 endimg so I really do not understand why people are so upset over this. It was good.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Gotta love waiting 13 years for a game with a mediocre ending and far too much sequel baiting.
Thanks SE I'll be sure not to be a customer going forward.

Hey, want to share what you mean by this? I liked the ending quite a bit and I'm totally okay with sequel baiting :) I mean, it's a KH game, the ending always baits towards a sequel. Kind of comes with the territory.

Neo_

Awards
All the secret ending proved is that we're never getting off this train.

So with that secret ending in mind....

I could see KH4 or whatever game it teases taking place in worlds based on live action Disney properties. With the Caribbean, Nomura said they wanted to prove they could successfully adapt a live action property to KH, so it could have been a test for what he wants to do with the next game.
lol, this is my nightmare, hahaha. I was bummed the oldest world in the game is Toy Story and that there wasn't enough classic hand-drawn Disney representation.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Glad to see fellow Digimon fans here!

Now that I let out some of my steam towards how angry the secret ending made me feel, now I just feel.. empty. Like, this is obvious sequel baiting but we are not in the same place we were for the last 10 years where you could easily develop multiple spin offs reutilizing the same engine, so I'm worried for when said sequel is going to come to continue this story.

My bet is for maybe a new game on the switch with downgraded graphics with someone else as a protagonist (hopefully set in the Eraqus/Xehanort era?).

I don't understand this argument, nor the argument that we will have to wait "another 13 years" for a Kingdom Hearts game. It is shown by how the pacing of KH3 was handled that it is a lot like the so-called "spinoff" titles. Turns out, those are NOT spinoffs. They are just "the next KH game. Honestly, would anyone have been begging for KH3 if KH2 had been a subtitled game? I feel like people just always beg for things to come in nice fancy sets of 3.

Why wouldn't they use this new engine for a while? They already have character models, physics, lighting, and world assets they could easily use for another game. Most of the work has been done already, and KH3 is a good enough looking game that these graphics could hold for another console gen. They don't have to take a year learning Unreal Engine 4, nor a year to switch engines from Luminous. KH3 will have made a ton of money too, so they could even raise the budget and crew.

I feel like people (not you, just in general) are just salty that they had to wait sooooo long for a new "main game" when it turns out a lot if thise side games have actually been just as if not more important to the narrative then the numbered titles. Heck KH2 was mostly made pointless by BBS and DDD. And honestly I kinda wish KH2 had been a subtitled game just so that the series as a whole would have been treated as one linear story instead of anything "side-game" related. In fact, I'm willing to bet there will never be another numbered installment.

U.N. Owen

Awards
No one exactly waited 13 years for any games. If we wanted to play semantics, the last numbered, non-remake game was 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage which was released in 2017. At most, people waited 2 years between numbered games.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
No one exactly waited 13 years for any games. If we wanted to play semantics, the last numbered, non-remake game was 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage which was released in 2017. At most, people waited 2 years between numbered games.

This constant beef over "numbered" games is one of the main reasons why I hope Nomura will do away with the whole numbering system completely and there will never even be a "KH 4" that actually carries that name.

It wouldn't even make sense since the current saga is over.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
I've been avoiding the forums so as not to spoil myself, but I finished the game last night and just need to share a few thoughts.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

shady543

Awards
Might post my thoughts on the game so far, since it's going to take me at least a month to finish this game aha. I've decided to look in to a few bits and pieces considering this in mind.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And I also need to say something in regards to some of my favourite characters because this has been bugging me. I know a few other people have brought up one of them so I'd love to expand on that.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Decided to finally create an account to talk KH-Theory with everything that's been going on with KH3, even though I've been following the forums for a few years. I'd like to make my first post about my favorite character since one of his quotes got me thinking a lot, so this is about Vanitas.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Back