• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

wolfshadow0118

I haven't beaten the game yet...

..but I just did the battle with the union x players and I have to say that felt like a kick in the gut. I understand that Nomura said that the top players for whatever the challenge was, would have their name in the game, but I was thinking it would have been for like highscores placeholders or something. But with having them be used for a main story battle felt like none of our characters who got chosen are special too.

sorry for the rant.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Seeing Toy Story in KH was definitely well worth the wait. So many emotional moments.

I also love the sick burns Woody threw at Young Xehanort. "No one ever loved you" made my jaw drop

Awards
So the Chamber is Repose was completely ignored? I figured it would be, but was hoping it wouldn’t.

Besides that, I LOVED the story. Somethings were expected, but I was surprised by so much of it!! I haven’t not been spoiled by a KH game since the original CoM! So proud of myself haha

shady543

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It's kinda funny how Nomura's thrown so much shade at FFXV being an incomplete game and yet KH3 feels like a considerable chunk of story is missing.

Like, for one example, how the heckdid Xion come back? What happened to Demyx? There's also how a lot of the cast and plotlines barely get much screentime. All that sequel bait.... I'm probably forgetting other examples, but while I do like most (emphasis on "most") of what happened, this stuff really bugged me.

It really felt like Nomura was more interested with the next game than giving this saga proper closer.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
That's interesting. Good catch!

shady543

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Seeing Toy Story in KH was definitely well worth the wait. So many emotional moments.

I also love the sick burns Woody threw at Young Xehanort. "No one ever loved you" made my jaw drop

I love that part! The dialogue in general is really good in this game, imo.

I feel like people (not you, just in general) are just salty that they had to wait sooooo long for a new "main game" when it turns out a lot if thise side games have actually been just as if not more important to the narrative then the numbered titles. Heck KH2 was mostly made pointless by BBS and DDD. And honestly I kinda wish KH2 had been a subtitled game just so that the series as a whole would have been treated as one linear story instead of anything "side-game" related. In fact, I'm willing to bet there will never be another numbered installment.
I've played all the games except Chi and the fact that they were all connected to the story in one way or another doesn't make up for the fact that they were substandard games, imo, and much lower quality than KH1, 2, and 3. More importantly, for people like me who cared very little about most of the new characters added to the series KH2-onwards, there's the fact that the only game that we've had of Sora (and Riku) moving forward in their storyline between 2006 and 2019 is 3D. I can't remember if the real Sora even appears in re:Coded or not, but if he did, it was only briefly.

shady543

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Just finished Monstropolis Randall really should have been a boss. I was hoping we would fight him after the Unversed boss. Though him manipulating the factory into a series of Saw like traps was hilarious. Also like how Sully and Mike saved Sora from Vanitas. That was totally unexpected

I love that part! The dialogue in general is really good in this game, imo.

I know right?there is a lot of creative dialogue that's both hilarious and emotionally gripping.

Miasthma

Awards
Okay, I keep seeing people mention secret reports in KH3, but I have absolutely no idea how anyone got them in-game. I had no idea there even were any to be obtained. I certainly never got any from anywhere. Unless they are post-game battlegate prizes? Like...wat?

UltimaXOmega

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It really felt like Nomura was more interested with the next game than giving this saga proper closer.

Yea, I got that vibe too when reading about spoilers of the endgame stuff.

It feels at least in parts as if Nomura wanted to "get over with" the current saga as quick as possible and resolve the mess he himself somewhat created in one giant big bang with so much being crammed into the finale marathon that much feels not in-depth enough.

Mentally he's probably already completely entangled and invested in the ideas and concepts for the new saga to which UX serves as the groundwork with some elements from KH III thrown in.

Thing is though, the new saga has the potential to become an even greater mess if it is approached with the same mindset as the just resolved one and has on top also a bunch of new, more complex concepts thrown in.

Awards
Okay, I keep seeing people mention secret reports in KH3, but I have absolutely no idea how anyone got them in-game. I had no idea there even were any to be obtained. I certainly never got any from anywhere. Unless they are post-game battlegate prizes? Like...wat?

Yes, they're rewards for those. Some are really tough.so watch out.

eiczerofour

They are post game battle gates.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
For me, the worst thing that happened, worse than scenes once again existing solely for having cool stuff in the trailers. Worse than plotlines happening and characters appearing, only to just be forgotten about. Worse than certain characters being idiots. Worse than the very blatant plotholes (how the heck can you forget that Pence is helping Sora, Ansem?) Worse than suddenly introducing a new character for us to pretend to care about. Worse than that easily missable cutscene!

No, what the worst thing was rewinding time after Sora rescued everybody. I don't know how those playing it felt, but as someone who was watching the scenes online I seriously thought the video glitched back. Like, Sora saves everyone, Kairi beings him back. The whole thing is acknowledged, and then events just...repeats itself like everyone forgot what happened.

I just don't see the point of it. Why did this happen? Why not just have them reappear before Terranort and have him get angry at their revival? Could they not afford to make another scene? Why, why, why???

Yea, I got that vibe too when reading about spoilers of the endgame stuff.

It feels at least in parts as if Nomura wanted to "get over with" the current saga as quick as possible and resolve the mess he himself somewhat created in one giant big bang with so much being crammed into the finale marathon that much feels not in-depth enough.

Mentally he's probably already completely entangled and invested in the ideas and concepts for the new saga to which UX serves as the groundwork with some elements from KH III thrown in.

Thing is though, the new saga has the potential to become an even greater mess if it is approached with the same mindset as the just resolved one and has on top also a bunch of new, more complex concepts thrown in.
^ This. How can I trust the next game will be better when this one was treated so poorly? Nomura has put himself in a bad position by rushing through the plot of this game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Just finished Kingdom of Corona. I absolutely loved it! :D A lot of attention to detail went into it. And I concur with the member that said that Marluxia is a competent villain in this world. I also love how there are callbacks to events from KH1 that make Sora reflective of what happens to characters from the worlds.

Am about to start Monstropolis.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In regards to Corona, something that confused me was Marluxia and Gothel's first meeting. What exactly did he do to her when he stared into her eyes . Anyone know?

Back