• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Oh my God it finally happened Yen Sid finally left the tower and did something!! I didn't think it would happen but better late than never I guess.

Side note the endgame portion is surprisingly longer then I'd thought it be

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Really love how they are handling the seven lights vs thirteen darknesses battle. This way Sora can team up with a different Guardian to fight a seeker

I must say it was immensly satisfying seeing Roxas and Xion helping Sora beat up Saix

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

DangerNoodle

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

At several points of the game i was smiling and shivering at the same time or at the verge of crying (many of which you mentioned), but the moment that made me cry for a solid 6 minutes was
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Okay I finished the game. Honestly despite turning Kairi into a damsel in distress and plot device again I quite liked the ending. I had tears in my eyes. Well then Isa lived and reconciled with Lea Fine with me

DangerNoodle

Awards
Oh and if anybody cares - here’s my humble world ranking (based on both the enjoyment i recieved from the storyline playthrough and further exploration)

1) Toy Box (Toy Box was the world i visited after Olympus and just Wow! The story felt absolutely incredible and the gameplay of Toy Box made me determine whether i am on board with KH3 or not; i would have loved more areas from the movie, but i am happy with what we got)

2) Monstropolis (I felt this was extremely different to all other disney worlds as it is much less open world - and i liked that for a change, the way the story tied in to Kingdom Hearts was beautiful, and Sully and Mike had the best and most natural interactions with Sora’s gang than any other disney characters; could have been better if they included a bit more areas from the movie and some more characters, if it was a little more different in it’s design - it would have been number one for me)

3) The Carribean (I absolutely hated the story of this world, Elizabeth sounds awful, underwater combat against heartless is tiring; but oh my, the exploration this world offers afterwards is simply amazing)

4) Fransokyo (Enjoyed rescuing the Big Hero 6 gang, generally pretty and is a satisfying final world; The city is a little boring)
5) Olympus (Great first world, its also massive; Meg and Phil were total half-pints)

6) Kingdom of Corona (I cant say i hated it, and the ending of the movie was executed well, happy that we can explore the town and the dancing minigame was enjoyable surprisingly, extremely cuteinteractions you have with Rapunzel; the forest makes me want to kill myself)

7) Arendelle (Just ugh, the worst disney world excluding 100 Acre Wood imo, boring story and boring missions apart from the final boss and the Olaf minigame was alright; Goofy’s snowboard game is awful to control)

8) Keyblade Graveyard (Contains the hardest boss in the game (Secret Heartless), OMG i loved the Battle Royale styled boss battles with all original villians in KH3, Extremely happy we got to fight all them, very important to the lore and all the reunions happen here; its a negative that its still pretty empty and offers not many new areas)

9)Twilight Town (Short and sweet with it being the hub for Scrooge’s business; extremely dissapointed by how small it ended up being)

10) Scala Ad Caelum (Interesting way the environment was implemented into the boss battle, but cant do anything else)

11) Final World (Pretty and fun for a brief time collecting the Soras; but is literally an empty world with nothing)

12) 100 Acre Wood (Same 1 minigame, Only 1 room; Nice visuals tho i guess)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So what do you guys think aboutIsa becoming friends with Roxas and Xion. I dont mind him living but he did treat them like crap in 358 2 Days so it is a bit odd seeing them eating ice cream and playing frisbee together? Would those two forgive him so easily?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
So what do you guys think aboutIsa becoming friends with Roxas and Xion. I dont mind him living but he did treat them like crap in 358 2 Days so it is a bit odd seeing them eating ice cream and playing frisbee together? Would those two forgive him so easily?

I like Saix's character, but I mostly saw him as a villain. The whole "Isa might be just lonely and hurt from Lea's separation" angle never really resonated with me.

Plus yeah, he was emotionally abusive. I'm not sure how I feel especially about Xion hanging out with him, especially since we never see her or Roxas forgiving him. Isa's "redemption" scenes only score points in the Lea dashboard, never with the others.
Oh, and it doesn't help that I find it dumb even by the series' standards.
"You made new friends, how dare you. I'm so jealous I'll sell my soul to the literal devil and do horrible things to innocent people. Seriously Lea, look what you're making me do."
He even has the galls of saying that he won't admit it a second time. It's like he doesn't even think he was that much in the wrong. He essentially dodged his way out of blame with a "I guess it's my b."

You can mock me for being a Vanitas fanboy as much as you want, but Isa isn't in that much of an earned spot for me.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I like Saix's character, but I mostly saw him as a villain. The whole "Isa might be just lonely and hurt from Lea's separation" angle never really resonated with me.

Plus yeah, he was emotionally abusive. I'm not sure how I feel especially about Xion hanging out with him, especially since we never see her or Roxas forgiving him. Isa's "redemption" scenes only score points in the Lea dashboard, never with the others.
Oh, and it doesn't help that I find it dumb even by the series' standards.
"You made new friends, how dare you. I'm so jealous I'll sell my soul to the literal devil and do horrible things to innocent people. Seriously Lea, look what you're making me do."
He even has the galls of saying that he won't admit it a second time. It's like he doesn't even think he was that much in the wrong. He essentially dodged his way out of blame with a "I guess it's my b."

You can mock me for being a Vanitas fanboy as much as you want, but Isa isn't in that much of an earned spot for me.
I see what you mean. I think it would have been easier hadIsa just apologized to the two of them. Maybe he did it offscreen I guess. Its not as bad as the other blunders in the game at least.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't know, both Roxas' and Xion's faces when Saix admitted that his undeserved anger towards them was bitterness about Lea moving on from Isa and their other friend (the girl) made the ending more believable to me. Besides, the two of them mopped the floor with him (for the second time in Roxas' case), which makes it not as weird as it could've been to me.

I guess I always thought Lea's redemption was a little too easily earned, too, after killing Vexen/Zexion and kidnapping Kairi, but that was all swept under a rug because "his feelings" towards Roxas. KH3 made me feel better about Lea's redemption than I did before.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I kinda agree with that, KH III made redemptions we were already familiar with or knew we would happen better
It's like they need more than the game it started in to really drive it home

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well I suppose if Isa returned in one piece Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene are still out there somewhere. I would hope so given their connections to Chi.

Also did anyone else think the scene with Namine and Riku in the end was a reference to Noctis and Luna from XV?

shady543

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Oh my God it finally happened Yen Sid finally left the tower and did something!! I didn't think it would happen but better late than never I guess.
I thought it was great! Seeing him appear, I was all "Oh boy, he's out of his chair! Shit's gonna go down!" Then all he does is open a path like he's Moses and nothing else, but it was still cool seeing him actually show up and do something for a change.

I....have issues with it. It's as you said, he treated Roxas and Xion terribly and while I like that he reconciled with Lea and lived (and gained sweet new clothes, and isn't that what really matters in the end?) I simply can't see Roxas and Xion forgiving Isa so easily.

It could make for an interesting plotline for the future games if it turned out they truly haven't and are hiding their hate for Isa because they want Lea to be happy.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I thought it was great! Seeing him appear, I was all "Oh boy, he's out of his chair! Shit's gonna go down!" Then all he does is open a path like he's Moses and nothing else, but it was still cool seeing him actually show up and do something for a change.

I....have issues with it. It's as you said, he treated Roxas and Xion terribly and while I like that he reconciled with Lea and lived (and gained sweet new clothes, and isn't that what really matters in the end?) I simply can't see Roxas and Xion forgiving Isa so easily.

It could make for an interesting plotline for the future games if it turned out they truly haven't and are hiding their hate for Isa because they want Lea to be happy.

Well, as many characters sorta pointed out, Roxas has too much of Sora in him. He'd probably forgive Isa and Xion would too. Especially Xion because she knew what it was like to be under the influence of Xehanort.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I dunno, Roxas had very few issues with stating when he hates someone. He's much more vengeful than Sora on a regular basis.

Would Xion knew about being under the influence? Granted we still have no idea how or why was she woth the Norts again, but even so she clearly showed remorse in what was doing (which she ultimately didn't even do). Saix happily waltzed into the villain part and did many unnecessarily cruel things and, again, he kinda didn't show any remorse for them even in his "redemption".

I agree with who said he should've said something to them in person. The way things are now, I can accept him being "Lea's weird friend" that everyone tolerates because they like Lea. But nothing really justifies him eating ice cream and frisbee-throwing with people he treated like dirt and never really apologized for it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I dunno, Roxas had very few issues with stating when he hates someone. He's much more vengeful than Sora on a regular basis.

Would Xion knew about being under the influence? Granted we still have no idea how or why was she woth the Norts again, but even so she clearly showed remorse in what was doing (which she ultimately didn't even do). Saix happily waltzed into the villain part and did many unnecessarily cruel things and, again, he kinda didn't show any remorse for them even in his "redemption".

I agree with who said he should've said something to them in person. The way things are now, I can accept him being "Lea's weird friend" that everyone tolerates because they like Lea. But nothing really justifies him eating ice cream and frisbee-throwing with people he treated like dirt and never really apologized for it.

Well, to be frank, in the ending

Isa is completely apart from Roxas and Xion during the beach party segment.
The people he is playing frisbee with are Lea and Ventus, thus its more like a callback to BBS.
Xion is with Naminé the entire time during the ending while Roxas is first seen racing with Riku and Terra, then chatting with Aqua.

It's the Twilight Town Clock Tower scene which can be unsettling for those who think that Isa being around Roxas & Xion isn't earned yet by his actions.

Back