• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
That seems a bit more in line with his character. Wonder how many other mistranslations are in the ENG dub?
Well here's an obvious one from ya boi Vanitas

JP: Remnant of my heart.

ENG: You insignificant speck.

And someone on GameFAQs of all things decided to compare the two versions of the exchange between Sora and Xehanort.

Xehanort: The light of Kingdom Hearts, it can give us a new start. An empty world, pure and bright. (notice how he says EMPTY)
Sora: It wasn't your decision to make
Xehanort: Then whose was it? The world needs someone to stand up and lead, someone strong to stop the weak from polluting the world with their endless darkness. Someone to dictate their destiny.
Sora: If so, you're not that person Xehanort. A real leader knows that destiny is beyond his control and accepts that.

Japanese

Xehanort: (after the line "this world is a failure") That's why, with the power of the original light/starting light, the Kingdom Hearts, the world should be restarted to a state where nothing exists, a pure white world.
Sora: That isn't something for you to decide.
Xehanort: Then WHO will decide it? There is no other choice but for the people with power (the strong ones) to decide. The only thing the ones with no power can do is live in a world where a leader decides their fate while they selfishly give birth to darkness, so they should just accept the fate given to them by the strong ones.
Sora: Even if that's the case, you too are not a leader, Xehanort. A true leader doesn't hold the world's fate, he doesn't hold such power.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's somewhat stunning how Xehanort's statements mirror the ones made by Foreteller Aced during the final story parts of the original browser incarnation of X[chi].

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Well thats another thing to add to the long list of missed opportunities in the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Does being a master even matter
every master crumbled and failed to perform any task without sora to the rescue

kaseykockroach

Awards
Master is just an ego thing. Like Ansem “the Wise”.
Allow me to introduce to you myself! My name is Ansem, Super Genius!

On that first visit to Twilight Town, it’s really cute when Olette acknowledges Donald and Goofy. She’s a sweetheart!

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Suddenly I feel like Frozen and Toy story were included to promote future disney project sequels

SerDuncan

Suddenly I feel like Frozen and Toy story were included to promote future disney project sequels

I think you mean "definitely were included". I'd even go so far as to say that Big Hero 6 is promoting the TV show, Tangled is promoting the TV show, and so forth.

The ones I'm unsure on are Monsters Inc. and Winnie the Pooh, but I think the case could be made for Pirates promoting the new Pirates films as well.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Or maybe they were chosen cuz the team/nomura wanted them? Toy story was something Nomura wanted for a long time and I remember it being said frozen was chosen before it even became a hit.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think you mean "definitely were included". I'd even go so far as to say that Big Hero 6 is promoting the TV show, Tangled is promoting the TV show, and so forth.

The ones I'm unsure on are Monsters Inc. and Winnie the Pooh, but I think the case could be made for Pirates promoting the new Pirates films as well.

Honestly I think those are more the reasons they were green light by Disney and less chosen.

It's a known fact that Nomura wanted Toy Story really badly in the game.

Still you do have a point in that all chosen titles, excepts monster inc, have something in the works at the moment.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
And someone on GameFAQs of all things decided to compare the two versions of the exchange between Sora and Xehanort.

Xehanort: The light of Kingdom Hearts, it can give us a new start. An empty world, pure and bright. (notice how he says EMPTY)
Sora: It wasn't your decision to make
Xehanort: Then whose was it? The world needs someone to stand up and lead, someone strong to stop the weak from polluting the world with their endless darkness. Someone to dictate their destiny.
Sora: If so, you're not that person Xehanort. A real leader knows that destiny is beyond his control and accepts that.

Japanese

Xehanort: (after the line "this world is a failure") That's why, with the power of the original light/starting light, the Kingdom Hearts, the world should be restarted to a state where nothing exists, a pure white world.
Sora: That isn't something for you to decide.
Xehanort: Then WHO will decide it? There is no other choice but for the people with power (the strong ones) to decide. The only thing the ones with no power can do is live in a world where a leader decides their fate while they selfishly give birth to darkness, so they should just accept the fate given to them by the strong ones.
Sora: Even if that's the case, you too are not a leader, Xehanort. A true leader doesn't hold the world's fate, he doesn't hold such power.
For the most part things are pretty much the same, just phrased differently. But I see how the mistranslation happened. The translator mistook "white" to being associated with light instead of meaning blank. Admittedly, something pure white can indeed be very bright.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Monsters Inc has a tv series planned for its 2019 streaming service so I'd say it fits in the marketing category. Same with Winnie the Pooh who just had a film recently.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Wow I didnt think my heart could sink even lower. I thought it might be an overabundance of pixar but Im not in the know of upcoming Disney productions like I was a couple years

kaseykockroach

Awards
Or maybe they were chosen cuz the team/nomura wanted them? Toy story was something Nomura wanted for a long time and I remember it being said frozen was chosen before it even became a hit.
I guess Nomura was eager to watch Sora fall off a mountain three times and accomplish nothing. We didn’t even get to see Larxene chat with Elsa! And I doubt that’s Disney interfering, as it’s not like Nomura’s in the habit of fully realizing interesting ideas.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I guess Nomura was eager to watch Sora fall off a mountain three times and accomplish nothing. We didn’t even get to see Larxene chat with Elsa! And I doubt that’s Disney interfering, as it’s not like Nomura’s in the habit of fully realizing interesting ideas.

but its just that world the organization were able to intervene and mess with worlds and chracters before. Xladin and Luxord are prime examples, Frozen wasnt worth the inclusion if it had to be so restricted. Moana would have been more fun.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Meh, I really feel like the whole advertisement thing for these Disney worlds is reaching, especially when Nomura claimed Toy Story, Pirates, and Frozen were definitely things he really wanted to include. And there were multiple interviews where he said the KH team is who chooses the worlds. The Disney Revival and Pixar movies are just good, popular movies lol.

But honestly? I guess I don't even care lol, because these worlds were all aces. Even at its worst Arendelle didn't get Pride Lands in Kh2 levels of terrible rehash of the plot.

Anyone fully understand the implication of Saix's
Spoiler Spoiler Show
?

I thought it was about letting Xehanort take him over. Whether it was for his own ambitions or sort of an indication Xehanort took over to the point all he cared about was that power, I dunno. I guess that's up for interpretation.

I mean they clearly were eager lol, they put a ton of the scene budget into that world, and it was definitely a bit longer than any of the others.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Given the way they wrote Toy Story, I am pretty sure Nomura was eager about that world lol. He really tried to make the ending there epic

kaseykockroach

Awards
Which begs a minor but interesting question, who would have joined your party if Toy Box was in KH1? Since of course they could only have one guest party member, I imagine it'd be an interesting conflict choosing between Woody or Buzz!

By the way, any reason why Jack Sparrow can't go underwater with you? Not sure he really explains why. I mean, I guess he's human and thus can't breathe underwater, while SDG are probably fine thanks to Donald's magic perhaps. I'll go with that. The game didn't NEED to explain such, of course, just was curious is all.

LostArtist

Awards
Which begs a minor but interesting question, who would have joined your party if Toy Box was in KH1? Since of course they could only have one guest party member, I imagine it'd be an interesting conflict choosing between Woody or Buzz!

By the way, any reason why Jack Sparrow can't go underwater with you? Not sure he really explains why. I mean, I guess he's human and thus can't breathe underwater, while SDG are probably fine thanks to Donald's magic perhaps. I'll go with that. The game didn't NEED to explain such, of course, just was curious is all.

I'm going to guess, don't trust me at all:

on the technical side, they probably didn't want to have to deal with animating him swimming and fighting under water.
On the story side, something to do with calypso? cause that jack was calypso?(crabs) idk calypso can't dive underwater or something? I haven't watched that movie in a while

kaseykockroach

Awards
There are some claustrophobic caverns here and there, so perhaps they didn't want to crowd the screen with three party members? That's my guess. I didn't notice he automatically disappears when you go underwater until my revisit as I spent several hours exploring as much as I could on my first visit with just D&G in the party (since of course I was supposed to go off to the Davy Jones battle, but me and my two pals are all SORRY JACK, YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT, WE GOT ISLANDS TO EXPLORE).

Back