• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Kid

Awards
Gah that FF excuse is so bad. I really think Squall and co. should have appeared. I mean outside of Donald, Goofy, Riku, and Kairi, they are Sora's closest friends in the series. Not Hayner, Pence, and Olette lol. I was really hoping KH3 would resolve their arc by having 'Leon' reunite with Rinoa and then start using his real name again. Big missed opportunity imo

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I just remembered that Marluxia remembers his past now, so he could be seeing if Hades can bring back Strelitzia.

I like this idea! Dr. Facilier has "friends on the other side" that could help in such matters, too... Ugh, I hate that I'm hyping myself for a Disney Villains Council 2.0 that most likely won't happen.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
According to Ultimania leaks from reddit Nomura wanted to delve deeper into the young apprentice Xehanort we see before he got corrupted in a title prior to KH3. But decided against it and shelved it.

Meaning we could have gotten a game playing as Young Xehanort

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Sounds like the Ultimania confirmed Saix is the one who was helping Vexen and couldn't act as he was one of the chosen. It claims his entire reason for rejoining was also to atone, but specifically for Roxas and Axel (and maybe Xion if he remembered she existed lol).

According to Ultimania leaks from reddit Nomura wanted to delve deeper into the young apprentice Xehanort we see before he got corrupted in a title prior to KH3. But decided against it and shelved it.

I dunno if he meant a full game, but the translation I just saw implied he may very well go into it more "later".

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sounds like the Ultimania confirmed Saix is the one who was helping Vexen and couldn't act as he was one of the chosen. It claims his entire reason for rejoining was also to atone, but specifically for Roxas and Axel (and maybe Xion if he remembered she existed lol).

I dunno if he meant a full game, but the translation I just saw implied he may very well go into it more "later".

Well if it means we get to explore Scala ad Caelum properly I wouldnt mind a segment playing as Young Eraqus or Xehanort. Speaking of Eraqus his clothes in his youth became passed down to Terra
https://out.reddit.com/t3_avv2ad?ur...X0MVmFV6-sMrAreHZetPx83ZLnihQ&app_name=mweb2x

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

This makes sense considering how weirdly foregrounded young MX is in the narrative (the chess game framing device). Maybe this game would've made Xehanort less of a one-note villain
Spoiler Spoiler Show

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I like this idea! Dr. Facilier has "friends on the other side" that could help in such matters, too... Ugh, I hate that I'm hyping myself for a Disney Villains Council 2.0 that most likely won't happen.
I know the feeling, but I can't help myself either. The possibilities are just too interesting!

I find this funny because I remember so many fans wanted the game to start with playing Young Xehanort.

Well if it means we get to explore Scala ad Caelum properly I wouldnt mind a segment playing as Young Eraqus or Xehanort. Speaking of Eraqus his clothes in his youth became passed down to Terra
https://out.reddit.com/t3_avv2ad?ur...X0MVmFV6-sMrAreHZetPx83ZLnihQ&app_name=mweb2x
We'll probably find out those pants have been passed down for ages.

EDIT: So some more Ultimania stuff:

Time being set back to before everyone's death was a result of Sora using the Power of Waking the wrong way and caused reality to be overwritten. The translation also says that "Depending on the rewrite, it can make everything “as though it never happened”"

Eraqus is a descendant from one of the Dandelions. (I can't remember if this was something we knew already. lol)

The Terranort we see is Terranort from the past using current time Terra's body.

Nomura confirms Larxene was talking about Marluxia during her death.

Xehanort knew Ven was a Keyblade wielder from ancient times and this is why Xemnas was looking for the Chamber of Waking. Nomura says that he'll have to show Xehanort and Ven meeting.

Maleficent traveling through time is related to why the ancient Keyblade wielders are in the present.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well all of that is interesting

I'm assuming Eraqus is a descendant from Brain since they look so similar. Also cant wait to see how Xehanort found Ventus.

Also apparently the reason Namine returned without Kairi is that her heart was freed after Xehanort killed her.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I know the feeling, but I can't help myself either. The possibilities are just too interesting!

I find this funny because I remember so many fans wanted the game to start with playing Young Xehanort.

We'll probably find out those pants have been passed down for ages.

EDIT: So some more Ultimania stuff:

Time being set back to before everyone's death was a result of Sora using the Power of Waking the wrong way and caused reality to be overwritten. The translation also says that "Depending on the rewrite, it can make everything “as though it never happened”"

Eraqus is a descendant from one of the Dandelions. (I can't remember if this was something we knew already. lol)

The Terranort we see is Terranort from the past using current time Terra's body.

Nomura confirms Larxene was talking about Marluxia during her death.

Xehanort knew Ven was a Keyblade wielder from ancient times and this is why Xemnas was looking for the Chamber of Waking. Nomura says that he'll have to show Xehanort and Ven meeting.

Maleficent traveling through time is related to why the ancient Keyblade wielders are in the present.

Oh I missed the Eraqus thing. So I mean...its Brain right? Like he looks very similar to him. I figured he was the prime candidate to get bequeathed No Name. Even though he may be the traitor? Lol I guess we shall see.

Maleficent went through worldlines confirmed I guess ha.

I am curious if the whole time being reset thing will ever matter again. If so I hope it makes more sense lol.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Swoosh said:
In regards to the opening tutorial Its apparently what's going on in Sora's head after he disappears at the end
I think he's actually taking about the first words spoken by Sora in KH3's opening cinematic.

That actually makes sense. Because it matches the situations Sora's been in up to now.

"They can take your world", Sora was taken away from his home in KH1.
"They can take your heart", Sora nearly lost himself to darkness twice were it not for the efforts of his friends.
"Cut you loose from all you know", now he's separated from his friends and loved ones in the Realm of Light.
And from "But if it's your fate..." onwards, it shows that whatever path he's on now, Sora will follow his heart forward, and fate willing it will lead him home, back to his friends.

Hirokey123

Awards
So thinking about the power of waking some more now...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Xehanort's keyblade finally has a name. "Goat of Atonement". And Axel's keyblade is "Flame Liberator"

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Xehanort's keyblade finally has a name. "Goat of Atonement". And Axel's keyblade is "Flame Liberator"

Oh...but didn't MoM literally call it No Name? lol, Did someone else rename it later?

So thinking about the power of waking some more now...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Okay, yeah I like this lol. This is resonating with me a lot right now.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Edit: So I completely forgot the opening at the Station of Awakening says "there are 7 hearts to save" basically out of nowhere. I think Nomura does mean the entire opening segment "takes place" at the end of the game....I guess the one thing I am confused on:

Is the entirety of KH3 the second time Sora goes through everything on a different worldline or does it simply cut away from there to him saving everyone, and then back to the Keyblade Graveyard on a new worldline?

Actually it was Luxu who called it No Name. He misinterpreted MoM's statement that the keyblade was nameless.

Hmmmm, I see lol. Then yeah maybe the Union Leader he gives it to names it.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Goat of "Atonement"?

That's certainly a weird name for a weapon that caused so much pain and destruction throughout every instance we witness it being used.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Goat of "Atonement"?

That's certainly a weird name for a weapon that caused so much pain and destruction throughout every instance we witness it being used.
Yep, though now I wonder if it's name is a clue to what MoM and Luxu are doing.

Of course, it could just be to sound cool. The Foreteller Keyblades probably follow the same naming convention.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Reading the explanation of the time travel at the Keyblade Graveyard made me hate the thing even more.

Back