• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced! Amazon has a few more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced

Isn't it the 10th Anniversary for Europe and Australia as well? It would be really low of Square if they wouldn't do anything about it and screw us over again like they did already with Re: CoM.

And there where some complaining about the earlier Release Date for Europe, lol. Right now it looks like the US-fanbase is pampered again nonetheless while Europe gets again the short stick.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

Right now it looks like the US-fanbase is pampered again nonetheless while Europe gets again the short stick.
Well, I think the U.S has bigger KH sales than Europe, but I agree: it's not fair to the European fanbase. Just do what the Americans do and be super loud and whiny about it, lol.
God, I'm glad my German and Swedish ancestors came to America. Otherwise I would get the short end of the SE stick, too. Still, Japan is the most pampered. They got ALL of the Final Mixes and stuff. :( It's not fair.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Isn't it the 10th Anniversary for Europe and Australia as well? It would be really low of Square if they wouldn't do anything about it and screw us over again like they did already with Re: CoM.

And there where some complaining about the earlier Release Date for Europe, lol. Right now it looks like the US-fanbase is pampered again nonetheless while Europe gets again the short stick.

Yes, because getting the game a week in advance is just as bad as not getting some postcards...

You guys don't even know if you aren't getting a special edition or not. Don't complain when there is nothing to complain about, yet.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yes, because getting the game a week in advance is just as bad as not getting some postcards...

You guys don't even know if you aren't getting a special edition or not. Don't complain when there is nothing to complain about, yet.

As far as I saw the MoM-edition entails more than just some postcards. And what is a mere week earlier? Nothing really, it's just some puny days.
Besides, I don't really get why they can't do a simultaneous release anyways, then this bickering about some days earlier here or there wouldn't even happen.

Complaining? Err, not really, I especially took care to paint it from the humorous side, sorry if that didn't came over and I also specifically said "Right now it looks like".
I never painted it as a fact already, *ggg*.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

As far as I saw the MoM-edition entails more than just some postcards. And what is a mere week earlier? Nothing really, it's just some puny days.
Besides, I don't really get why they can't do a simultaneous release anyways, then this bickering about some days earlier here or there wouldn't even happen.

Complaining? Err, not really, I especially took care to paint it from the humorous side, sorry if that didn't came over and I also specifically said "Right now it looks like".
I never painted it as a fact already, *ggg*.

A week where thousands of fans can play the game in English, finish it, post spoilers EVERYWHERE imaginable, and get videos up. Yeah, puny days those are. I'm not complaining because I'm happy Europeans are getting the game early.

Fine, postcards, AR cards (of which you can already find images of online to use to unlock DEs in game), and a clear shell. Not that big of a deal.

Yeah, it didn't come off funny at all.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

A week where thousands of fans can play the game in English, finish it, post spoilers EVERYWHERE imaginable, and get videos up. Yeah, puny days those are. I'm not complaining because I'm happy Europeans are getting the game early.

Fine, postcards, AR cards (of which you can already find images of online to use to unlock DEs in game), and a clear shell. Not that big of a deal.

Yeah, it didn't come off funny at all.

Eh? That isn't much different from now as there are already spoilers EVERYWHERE imaginable and videos up of the japanese version. So if one remained spoiler free this long they will in most cases manage that one week further as well.
I'm already spoiled to the brim about the game and I didn't yet spoil anyone who didn't want it, not even accidentally. On the contrary, I pointed out even some cases to mods where spoilers were written in the wrong section or without spoiler-tags.

In that case, I don't know what you all expect? A HD-remake of KH 1 on top? A Wonder Meow-plushie? I doubt you'll get such "goodies" for that price.

My apologies then. ;)
In fact one should probably wait until at least one week before release until one starts complaining about stuff. XD

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I really wish Europe good luck on the Mark of Mastery Edition being available or some sort of equivalent. There's still time before we can safely say anything.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Eh? That isn't much different from now as there are already spoilers EVERYWHERE imaginable and videos up of the japanese version. So if one remained spoiler free this long they will in most cases manage that one week further as well.

Obvious language barrier is obvious. Once English content starts leaking, all hell will break loose. That's rather obvious considering it's been the same for almost a decade.

And maybe you can remain spoiler free, but think about the rest of us?

I'm already spoiled to the brim about the game and I didn't yet spoil anyone who didn't want it, not even accidentally. On the contrary, I pointed out even some cases to mods where spoilers were written in the wrong section or without spoiler-tags.

Except this isn't about you. This is about the community as a whole. It's a far larger picture than just a single person.

In that case, I don't know what you all expect? A HD-remake of KH 1 on top? A Wonder Meow-plushie? I doubt you'll get such "goodies" for that price.

Wow, way to completely twist her words around. She's informing you, who took it upon himself to start up another argument about the contents of the CE weeks after everyone got it out of their systems, that it's really nothing special. She's not complaining about the postcards or the AR cards or the clear cover. In fact, we're actually all pretty surprised that we're even getting a limited edition bundle in the first place, let alone all these goodies.

My apologies then. ;)
In fact one should probably wait until at least one week before release until one starts complaining about stuff. XD

Take your own advice bro.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Obvious language barrier is obvious. Once English content starts leaking, all hell will break loose. That's rather obvious considering it's been the same for almost a decade.

And maybe you can remain spoiler free, but think about the rest of us?

What language barrier? By now nearly every video is with english subtitles, so not counting the obvious slight translation issues it is already highly spoilerish material anyways.
If that's known for over a decade wouldn't it then be even more easy to prepare for it?

Uh, I don't really get what can be more done that keep the spoilers to yourself. Isn't that "thinking about the rest" already?

Except this isn't about you. This is about the community as a whole. It's a far larger picture than just a single person.
Sorry, but I can only speak about myself obviously. I can't force others to keep their mouth shut about spoilers until all regions have their copies.
Even then it won't be possible to satisfy the whole as everyone plays the game at a different pace and in different intervals.

Wow, way to completely twist her words around. She's informing you, who took it upon himself to start up another argument about the contents of the CE weeks after everyone got it out of their systems, that it's really nothing special. She's not complaining about the postcards or the AR cards or the clear cover. In fact, we're actually all pretty surprised that we're even getting a limited edition bundle in the first place, let alone all these goodies.

Take your own advice bro.

Well, excuse me for not having that much time on hand to keep up with everything new brought up the last few weeks, but that's not the point anyways.
If it's something special or not I would also assume depends clearly on personal preference.
I was also not implying that Master Spockanort was bitching about the content of the CE, as she made it pretty clear that she personally is mostly indifferent towards it. So I inquired what then would be counted "special" enough to be reasonably weighed and appreciated instead.

*sighs*, again, for the record, that statement above wasn't meant as a serious complaint. I do abide by that advice myself, no worry.
Guess that was a jab in the wrong direction on my part then. Didn't know that's suddenly such a sensitive subject.
Sorry...;_;

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

What language barrier? By now nearly every video is with english subtitles, so not counting the obvious slight translation issues it is already highly spoilerish material anyways.
If that's known for over a decade wouldn't it then be even more easy to prepare for it?

Uh, I don't really get what can be more done that keep the spoilers to yourself. Isn't that "thinking about the rest" already?

Sorry, but I can only speak about myself obviously. I can't force others to keep their mouth shut about spoilers until all regions have their copies.
Even then it won't be possible to satisfy the whole as everyone plays the game at a different pace and in different intervals.

Well, excuse me for not having that much time on hand to keep up with everything new brought up the last few weeks, but that's not the point anyways.
If it's something special or not I would also assume depends clearly on personal preference.
I was also not implying that Master Spockanort was bitching about the content of the CE, as she made it pretty clear that she personally is mostly indifferent towards it. So I inquired what then would be counted "special" enough to be reasonably weighed and appreciated instead.

*sighs*, again, for the record, that statement above wasn't meant as a serious complaint. I do abide by that advice myself, no worry.
Guess that was a jab in the wrong direction on my part then. Didn't know that's suddenly such a sensitive subject.
Sorry...;_;

It would've helped us to figure out you were being serious if you had added some of the "lol"s or other joke-indicating characters

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

It would be really low of Square if they wouldn't do anything about it and screw us over again like they did already with Re: CoM.

I know...it would be low of them to give a country a limited edition bundle and not give it to anyone else...especially if it was for a PSP game that came out in 2010 that maybe came with a 2 high quality art prints and maybe, lets say...a 48-page artbook?

I'm not justifying that Europe didn't get Re:CoM, that is lower than anything SE could have ever done since that is a whole game missing from a video game series, but in their eyes, perhaps it is a CE for a CE, and on top of the CEs you guys are getting the game a week earlier. (once again, I'm not justifying the lack of Re:CoM)

I really wish Europe good luck on the Mark of Mastery Edition being available or some sort of equivalent.

I think I found the equivalent. (at least in terms of CEs go)

KingdomHeartsBBBSE.JPG

It would've helped us to figure out you were being serious if you had added some of the "lol"s or other joke-indicating characters

sarcasm brackets never hurt either ^_^

Cherryjuice

Believe me, once those eleven Days are over - the moment you have your own copy of the game, you'll completly forget that you had to wait longer than the rest of the world. Getting the game one or two weeks earlier isn't as much of a big deal as a lot of people seem to think.

But of course you are right. We should start whining and complaining when we are really really REALLY sure that we're not getting ANYTHING. Not earlier. There's still hope.

edit: I'm kinda surprised people are still mad about the BBS CE. Okay, it was extremly mediocre, but the PSP is regionfree - you could have imported it if you really want the CE THAT much.
(And all that "But we didn't get Re:CoM"-whining is starting to get on my nerves. >_>)

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

edit: I'm kinda surprised people are still mad about the BBS CE. Okay, it was extremly mediocre, but the PSP is regionfree - you could have imported it if you really want the CE THAT much.
(And all that "But we didn't get Re:CoM"-whining is starting to get on my nerves. >_>)

I think the reason I'm kind of mad at the BbS CE isn't because it was a CE in general, but because after playing BbS, I realized it was my favorite entry into the series and I was upset that of all the games to not get a CE, it was my favorite. However, you are right about the PSP being region-free, I could have easily imported it, and honestly, if in the future an exclusive system only goes to Europe, I'll definitely import it.

Also, I think the Re:CoM complaining, although it has been such a long time, is kind of justified. It sucks for those whose favorite video game is Kingdom Hearts to be missing out on a game.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I finally get to pre-order the Collector's Edition today! I am so excited even though I will have to wait two more months to get it.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I finally get to pre-order the Collector's Edition today! I am so excited even though I will have to wait two more months to get it.

Same here. I finally preordered it yesterday! This is going to be the first collector's edition I've ever had.

Chistosa

Awards

The weirdest thought just crossed my mind, 'What if the CE they give Europe has the exact same contents as Japan's 10th Anni box?' > >;

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

The weirdest thought just crossed my mind, 'What if the CE they give Europe has the exact same contents as Japan's 10th Anni box?' > >;

I imagine a lot of people would not be happy with that, given how everyone's biggest issue with that box was that you get stuck with 2 games you probably already have. Plus it'll cost a lot more since it has 2 more games included...

The only thing I wish we got from it that we didn't is that awesome box with the collage of cutscenes on it from the entire series. That was gorgeous and I was a little upset when I saw our box looked so plain in comparison but oh well.

BagelBreath

Awards

The only thing I wish we got from it that we didn't is that awesome box with the collage of cutscenes on it from the entire series. That was gorgeous and I was a little upset when I saw our box looked so plain in comparison but oh well.

This. I'm glad that we're getting a CE in the first place, but that box would've been so awesome!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I imagine a lot of people would not be happy with that, given how everyone's biggest issue with that box was that you get stuck with 2 games you probably already have. Plus it'll cost a lot more since it has 2 more games included...

As disappointing as this was, I believe we may be getting another box. This is the Mark of Mastery Edition, but the Japanese box clearly said "10th Anniversary Edition", meaning they aren't supposed to be the same box. But what do I know, I'm just speculating like the rest of you.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I personally think the box we're getting is just fine. Also, Japan had to get the other AR Cards from expensive magazines that didn't came bundled previously so I'm glad we're getting most of them upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back