• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced! Amazon has a few more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced

EDIT: This is the Prima Games edition NOT the BradyGames one.

Have Prima and BradyGames both always made separate guides for each game? I only have the BradyGames guides for KH so far, I never knew Prima even made KH guides?!?!?

Also, I understand the whole "make less" thing, but why would they take it down before E3 even ended. A lot of games get hyped up at E3 and get preordered afterwards so I think it was just a bad business move on their part. I can understand taking it down a few days after E3, but DURING?!?!?! COME ON!!!!!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Have Prima and BradyGames both always made separate guides for each game? I only have the BradyGames guides for KH so far, I never knew Prima even made KH guides?!?!?

Also, I understand the whole "make less" thing, but why would they take it down before E3 even ended. A lot of games get hyped up at E3 and get preordered afterwards so I think it was just a bad business move on their part. I can understand taking it down a few days after E3, but DURING?!?!?! COME ON!!!!!
It's possible that they had already reached their quota for games they were going to ship to retailers.

kupo1121

Awards

It's possible that they had already reached their quota for games they were going to ship to retailers.

That is possible, but then I'm curious how they have SO many more for online because the CE is still up on both Amazon and Gamestop's online store...which I'm glad because I preordered mine from Amazon (no hope of a midnight release now).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

That is possible, but then I'm curious how they have SO many more for online because the CE is still up on both Amazon and Gamestop's online store...which I'm glad because I preordered mine from Amazon (no hope of a midnight release now).

They said there would not be a midnight release, but I'm going to try and convince my Gamestop to stay open a couple of extra hours on July 31st.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm really not sure how this works, because it's so odd. But I assume that they had a set amount they were willing to ship to stores and when that quota was reached they discontinued it for in store sale. For the online aspect, I imagine they will keep it going for a while and create the bundles from there to measure the demand. Just my guess.

They said there would not be a midnight release, but I'm going to try and convince my Gamestop to stay open a couple of extra hours on July 31st.
You can't really do that, because they won't get paid for unnecessarily keeping the store open.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I'm really not sure how this works, because it's so odd. But I assume that they had a set amount they were willing to ship to stores and when that quota was reached they discontinued it for in store sale. For the online aspect, I imagine they will keep it going for a while and create the bundles from there to measure the demand. Just my guess.

You can't really do that, because they won't get paid for unnecessarily keeping the store open.

That's what I thought, but the Gamestop once stayed open when we called so we could trade-in a game.

Don't underestimate a retailer controlled by the buyer.

I just hope the manager will be on.

Key Wielder

Awards

If we already paid off the pre-order, do we still get the 20% off the guide if we purchase it when we pick up the game?

kupo1121 said:

Maybe they wanted to see what kind of hype was generated at E3. Then again, they didn't really showcase the fact that there would be a CE at E3 (that I saw, anyway), so maybe they thought people would rush to pre-order the game but not necessarily a CE.

@ Taochan - Me too :D
@ Mirby - Only for a couple of months ;P

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

That's what I thought, but the Gamestop once stayed open when we called so we could trade-in a game.

Don't underestimate a retailer controlled by the buyer.

I just hope the manager will be on.
They did that of choice, and they undoubtedly weren't paid for it. I've had to keep the store open late for customers countless times and I haven't been paid for it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

They did that of choice, and they undoubtedly weren't paid for it. I've had to keep the store open late for customers countless times and I haven't been paid for it.

I never said they were getting paid for it. I understand they have lives too, I'm just saying it's worth a shot. I'm not trying to argue.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Ahh you bought the 3DS at launch? I couldn't really buy it until the price drop of $169.99 made me reconsider. Although I bought my 3DS while it was on sale so technically I bought it for $117.50.

yeah, I'm stupid. DX.. i wanted to try it out as soon as possible, plus i needed something to play my DS games on because my old DS broke...

so yeah, DDD > College funds

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

If we already paid off the pre-order, do we still get the 20% off the guide if we purchase it when we pick up the game?
That's a very good question, you should still get it 20% off.

Maybe they wanted to see what kind of hype was generated at E3. Then again, they didn't really showcase the fact that there would be a CE at E3 (that I saw, anyway), so maybe they thought people would rush to pre-order the game but not necessarily a CE.

@ Taochan - Me too :D
@ Mirby - Only for a couple of months ;P
That does make sense. DDD appearing at E3 probably had more to do with garnering hype for the game itself and not the CE.

:eek: What month? September for me~

I never said they were getting paid for it. I understand they have lives too, I'm just saying it's worth a shot. I'm not trying to argue.
I'm not either.

Just wondering, why do you need it open late?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

That's a very good question, you should still get it 20% off.

That does make sense. DDD appearing at E3 probably had more to do with garnering hype for the game itself and not the CE.

:eek: What month? September for me~

I'm not either.

Just wondering, why do you need it open late?

To pick the Mark of Mastery Edition up early. I can wait seven hours (leaving early to get it as plan B), but I figured a screenshot or two and an unboxing video early would be appreciated by KHI.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Do you get any special benefits working there Taochan? Like employee discounts?

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Wait wait, Gamestop only has a limited number of MoM editions to pre-order?? God damn it now -___-

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Wait wait, Gamestop only has a limited number of MoM editions to pre-order?? God damn it now -___-

Most tend to. It should also come as no surprise since this is a handheld game we're talking about. They don't sell as many copies as a console one.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

would they ever give out the game at closing time the night before...?
I'm not sure if GameStop employees are ever allowed to purchase games before street date but if they are then it is possible that they might sell a copy early. But I wouldn't pin your hopes on it.

To pick the Mark of Mastery Edition up early. I can wait seven hours (leaving early to get it as plan B), but I figured a screenshot or two and an unboxing video early would be appreciated by KHI.
That's a nice sentiment. You're probably going to have to go with Plan B though~

Do you get any special benefits working there Taochan? Like employee discounts?
I don't work at GameStop, I work at a video store. xD But there I get to buy DVDs early, like, as soon as they're sent to the store. Which is often a week before street date. I know that GameStop discounts for their employees aren't that great though.

For in store pick up, yes. But you can still get it online.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Most tend to. It should also come as no surprise since this is a handheld game we're talking about. They don't sell as many copies as a console one.

That's also why they won't have a midnight release, the game didn't sell nearly enough copies during the pre-order as Batman: Arkham City, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Kingdom Hearts is pretty underrated.

kupo1121

Awards

A couple of my friends work at various GameStops and GameStops will only stay open a few hours or till midnight if they can find workers who are willing to go back there and stay open (and then those workers themselves can take home a copy of that game after they're done, so they do benefit). If you want them to stay for a couple hours after they close you'll have to hope that you talk to someone who is trusted enough to close the store and who would be willing to.

Yes, buy the guide when you pick up your reserve and bring your reserve receipt if you have it, you will get 20% off (I've done this numerous times lol xP)

would they ever give out the game at closing time the night before...?

No, they have to wait until the day of to open the box of games itself. Each game that comes into the store has a giant sticker on it that says when the box can be opened and in order to open the box you have to rip through the sticker seal. GameStops apparently sometimes send people who look like buyers into the stores occassionally (often before popular games or midnight releases) and make sure the box isn't open (because they show ID and can go check) If it is, someone gets in big trouble because ripping that seal before release date is illegal.

Wait wait, Gamestop only HAD a limited number of MoM editions to pre-order?? God damn it now -___-

Fixed it for you lol xP Also, GameStop itself doesn't have a limited number, but they do have a limited number that they were willing to send out to stores throughout the US. Which stores got more CEs mattered more on how many preorders there were at that particular GameStop. While on GS near me got only 1 MoM preorder (and will only be getting 1 MoM edition when the game comes) another by me got close to 10, and they will receive that amount.

I'm not sure if GameStop employees are ever allowed to purchase games before street date but if they are then it is possible that they might sell a copy early. But I wouldn't pin your hopes on it.

The sticker rule applies to them too, selling it early is illegal which is why they don't' risk having a person check in to find the sticker seal broken. If it is, they will probably find out it was you because GameStops don't have THAT many employees and if so, you are going to get sued <_<

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Apparently, and this is from a friend who works at GameStop, they can rent games out from the stores, but they can't do this before release date or if there's not many in stock and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back