• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rascus213

i know im asking why he had to come up with a name for it
it should have just been kh3d b/c of obvious reasons(being on 3ds ect...)

Revolution

i know im asking why he had to come up with a name for it
it should have just been kh3d b/c of obvious reasons(being on 3ds ect...)

He came up with a game because, like I said, 3D was simply a temporary name while they worked on the actual one. The title will most likely hold ties to the story.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I hope that the new Disney worlds in 3D aren't just in "Dreamland" 'cause that will set out a possibility that these worlds don't even exist in the real KH universe. =(

Well, if the whole game is in a dream.
I said something really similar in the first 7 pages(the good pages, I shall call them). It's one thing about 3D that I don't like :(

It probably won't reveal much anyway. Possibly just similar screenshots from this with like big, overexerted letters near Xemnas and SoD.

But yeah, early spring would be likely.
Yeah, don't expect anything. I was thinking a little blue blox(xD) in the bottom right corner that said something like "Stay tuned, We'll have brand new Kingdom Hearts 3D news in the coming months!"

I really hope so. They'll probably be similar keyblades, like how BBS had the same Keyblades per world.
Oh god, I hated that D:<

Revolution

Yeah, don't expect anything. I was thinking a little blue blox(xD) in the bottom right corner that said something like "Stay tuned, We'll have brand new Kingdom Hearts 3D news in the coming months!"

-cue drum and symbol-

Based on what the trailer shows, I'm predicting a possible early 2012 release for Japan.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
-cue drum and symbol-

Based on what the trailer shows, I'm predicting a possible early 2012 release for Japan.
I thought that too, back in the good pages. It fits in with Nomura's "One Game a Year" thing

Amulet

So, two new symbols to go alongside the current 'emblems.' Some new worlds. Plus the whole combat system upgrade. I'm expecting a lot from this game now.

Tentative release date is most likely January 2012 cause it seems to be a trend for the past year or so. Also, Nomura stated that "he wants to release a new Kingdom Hearts every year." With Birth by Sleep Final Mix coming out in a few days we can expect that it means no new KH until 2012.

Revolution

I thought that too, back in the good pages. It fits in with Nomura's "One Game a Year" thing

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Then, if they pull a BBS on us again, we would get it near the end of 2012 or the very early beginning of 2013.

I really hope that they take their time with this game and start to really tie everything together and not create even more ties. Kingdom Heart's still has some frays to pull together and I hope they do this and not leave them just hanging.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Then, if they pull a BBS on us again, we would get it near the end of 2012 or the very early beginning of 2013.
I'm thinking 2013 so that IF(I really hope so though) Verses is done by 2012, KH 3 could be done by 2014 or 2015(and 2014's game would be a 3D final mix :p)

I really hope that they take their time with this game and start to really tie everything together and not create even more ties. Kingdom Heart's still has some frays to pull together and I hope they do this and not leave them just hanging.
They seem to know where they are going. I'm sure that since they managed to get BBS to answer a lot of questions, they won't leave things hanging

Revolution

I'm thinking 2013 so that IF(I really hope so though) Verses is done by 2012, KH 3 could be done by 2014 or 2015(and 2014's game would be a 3D final mix :p)

They seem to know where they are going. I'm sure that since they managed to get BBS to answer a lot of questions, they won't leave things hanging

I would say 2015 minimum release for KH3 for Japan.

Yeah, they do seem to know. And I really enjoyed BBS, so this should be enjoyable because it is the same team.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would say 2015 minimum release for KH3 for Japan.
That would seem most likely. After that, most people will be like "Laterz KH, you served us well"

Yeah, they do seem to know. And I really enjoyed BBS, so this should be enjoyable because it is the same team.
Oh great.
I hope that there are different Keychains for Sora and Riku though. I hate BBS having nearly the same for everyone, and completing a world, get a keychain, go through a cutscene, get a better keychain

Revolution

That would seem most likely. After that, most people will be like "Laterz KH, you served us well"

Oh great.
I hope that there are different Keychains for Sora and Riku though. I hate BBS having nearly the same for everyone, and completing a world, get a keychain, go through a cutscene, get a better keychain

At least, unless they pull a Versus and keep KHIII in shadows until 2020. I pray to god that isn't gonna happen.

I'd like see Keyblade variation per world. Like, take Traverse Town and that you get a Keyblade for beating SoD or Xemnas (just making this up). I want Riku's keyblade to feel more to his story with SoD while Sora's feels more towards Xemnas.

PianoxLullaby

Website
www.pianoxlullaby.deviantart.com
What with all this talk about dreams: Kingdom Hearts meets Inception, anyone?

BUT SERIOUSLY.... THIS TRAILER IS SO AMAZING I ALMOST DIED.
And I actually like the name.
Seriously, the minute I saw Riku jumping from wall to wall like Spiderman and Sora flinging from street light to street light I was sold. I MUST get this game for the gameplay alone, haha!

Revolution

If you notice, when SoD and Xemnas are shown, they don't appear at once or through a CoD. They fade in slowly, which makes me seem that they are simply there to torture S and R with their words.

Similar to Scar's Ghost.

Amulet

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D NEW INFORMATION

- multiple ways to interpret the full title
- "Dropping" from heights, "Distance" coming from the gameplay that makes use of the 3D and the ability to move long distances by wall-kicking
- "We want to place particular focus on the form of the new Kingdom Hearts action. We want to give the game the feel of breaking speed. We're doing a lot of trials on the development hardware, and when you actually play it, the control feel will be even better than it looks."
- somewhat different playstyle
- switching of characters often after play periods
- "The strategy and tempo all have a fresh feel," said Yasue."
- "As always, we'll have plenty of surprises. To show these surprises, we selected the 3DS, which is hardware that lets us challenge new things." - Nomura
- "the prologue for the final battle as the story approaches the final stages for the current series just ahead of the Kingdom Hearts series' 10th anniversary." - Nomura
- expect previews to hit Japanese magazines next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back