• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al
KH5D anyone? Dream Drop Distance Darkwing Duck lol!

Seriously though Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Tailspin, Gummi Bears, Ducktales and Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers would all be great additions (except Ducktales and Rescue Rangers couldn't work because of where H,D and L, Chip and Dale and Scrooge are "from" in the KH universe :( )

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The triplets and Scrooge can still be who they are in the show if they change the Darkwing Duck plot a bit. But it won't be a world. Probably a plot in the Disney Castle/Disney Town world.

Flickr

BTW people, what is up with all this "Ansem SOD and Xemnas are back" crap?

They look like projections, and are not actually real. (note how they are back to back and Sora and Riku don't seem to notice each other) They're being used to make Sora and Riku fight each other without realizing who each other is, without holding back.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

They look like projections, and are not actually real. (note how they are back to back and Sora and Riku don't seem to notice each other) They're being used to make Sora and Riku fight each other without realizing who each other is, without holding back.

I.... REALLY like that idea.

I'm not sure about back to back, but you can see the other faintly behind the one. (I.e. you can kind of see Ansem's hair behind Xemnas and vice versa)

Why though. Riku and Sora spar with eachother alot. You tell the to go "Just don't kill eachother" they probably will do it. If they're against Ansem or Xemnas they're liable to try to kill eachother.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

That would be a good theory except for a couple things:
1. Why would Xemnas have a reflection of AnsemSoD behind him and AnsemSod have a reflection of Xemnas? If they are just projections imitating Sora and Riku, why would they cast a reflection on someone else?
2. Neither Sora or Riku are floating.

Why though. Riku and Sora spar with eachother alot. You tell the to go "Just don't kill eachother" they probably will do it. If they're against Ansem or Xemnas they're liable to try to kill eachother.

And that's the point. If Sora and Riku were fighting by just not killing each other then they would most likely not hold back. If they think it's against Xemnas or AnsemSoD, there's no holding back and this way they'll show their true strength.

madammina

And that's the point. If Sora and Riku were fighting by just not killing each other then they would most likely not hold back. If they think it's against Xemnas or AnsemSoD, there's no holding back and this way they'll show their true strength.

And does Yensid really want to deal with the after effects of it? Sora and Riku aren't just going to go "FRIENDS! LET'S HUG!" and be alright. They're going to be ticked. Not just at Yensid, but at eachother too. They're not going to trust eachother after this. And if Yensid DOESN'T stop it, you now have neither keyblade wielder working since they're going to be in shock and blaming themselves. They'll either fall to darkness in despair or just flat out be depressed.

Flickr

That would be a good theory except for a couple things:
1. Why would Xemnas have a reflection of AnsemSoD behind him and AnsemSod have a reflection of Xemnas? If they are just projections imitating Sora and Riku, why would they cast a reflection on someone else?
2. Neither Sora or Riku are floating.

Aah I see what you two mean.

When I first saw it, I intially thought of the Mark of Mastery Test. I mean when you think about it those two probably wouldn't fight to their full extents just because, well y'know they've been friends since they were children. (as opposed to Terra and Aqua, who were trained)

But yes Skyfoxx I realized they weren't floating...I don't have a smart explanation for that one at all ^^' I just don't believe these two are suddenly back from the dead or whatnot.

EDIT: Also, why Ansem SOD and Xemnas? Well Riku's main battle with the darkness inside him stems from Ansem SOD, and Roxas (who resides in Sora) hated Xemnas. Basically, they are battling the ones who hurt them the most

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Didn't Nomura say somewhere that you can switch between Sora and Riku often? If so, then perhaps the Xemnas/Ansem scenes are actually the same scene, just altered due to which character is being used. So technically both Ansem and Xemnas are there in some weird conglomerate form, but Riku and Sora each only distinctly see the one they hate most (sort of like how everyone sees Xion differently due to their unique connection with Sora and her/it).

If this is all a dream, it's not like Nomura really has to worry about which version is canon either, since large portions of the plot could be trippy dream stuff anyway.

Decrith

Another thing to add to what skyfoxx said, true strength comes from a lot of factors, not only from psychical strength but also strength from the heart (which is the point for the MoM). Having to fight someone you thought to be dead is very frightening, remember, when Riku fought Ansem in CO, he had backup (Mickey *indirectly*) and something that motivated him to fight. So I think, this will basically show how far the 2 heroes can go and stop someone they kill over and over again.

EDIT: I've been awake for 36 hrs because of KH (I got to excited because of the trailers and stuff) so I'd like to apologize if anything I say doesn't make sense. Anyway, just because both Sora & Riku are going face to face with Xemnas & AnsemSoD respectively, doesn't mean that those scenes happened at the same time, nor does it mean that they are actually fighting each other.

madammina

^ but that may be counteracted by Ven. Terra can be seen in Xemnas (somewhat) so Ven may keep Sora from fighting at his fullest since he doesn't want to hurt Terra

I do think that the end will have all the people Sora has in his heart spilling out and Sora becoming a blank. Part of KH3 will involve putting Sora back together.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So Riku vs Sora possibility in this game. Saying that them squaring off against Ansem SoD and Xemnas is really an allusion. much like Roxas and Xion in Days. Assuming that Riku and Sora are in some fake or altered world, than this is possible. Because if not, the trailer screws up the theory because both Riku and Sora are both facing the fountain in Traverse Town.

madammina

English major here.

Illusion, not allusion. Illusion is a mirage, allusion is a reference to something else. So the fountain may be an allusion to the keyhole, but what they are facing is an illusion.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
They're not going to trust eachother after this.

I do recall "trust" being a major theme in the game ;)

Anyway, I don't think that specific battle is Sora VS Riku... but I think it's obvious they are going to end up fighting each other eventually.

Flickr said:
I just don't believe these two are suddenly back from the dead or whatnot.

Well the battle itself is probably just an illusion of... dare I say it... "dream" (that was really painful to say) but we all know Xehanort will come via either old MX, Apprentice Xehanort or in some other form.

Flickr

English major here.

Illusion, not allusion. Illusion is a mirage, allusion is a reference to something else. So the fountain may be an allusion to the keyhole, but what they are facing is an illusion.

LOL ownage.

Decrith

So Riku vs Sora possibility in this game. Saying that them squaring off against Ansem SoD and Xemnas is really an allusion. much like Roxas and Xion in Days. Assuming that Riku and Sora are in some fake or altered world, than this is possible. Because if not, the trailer screws up the theory because both Riku and Sora are both facing the fountain in Traverse Town.

about Roxas & Xion, I have to say that I believe a lot of people are basing their theory from that scene.
Anyway, I'd like to add that its possible that Yen Sid used his powerful magic in order for Sora & Riku to fight in the actual world, creating illusions of Ansem & Xemnas; however, I don't think it is necessary for the 2 heroes to clash once again (but I'd like to see that).

Decrith

To be clear, trust doesn't necessarily mean trusting another person, it could mean trusting once self *which is obviously another reference to the strength of one's heart*

If the theme really is about trust, its clear that trusting one''s self is very important.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, trusting one's heart would also require a level of trust for the people around you. Sora's strength comes from his friends. If he doesn't believe in his friends, he doesn't believe in himself. Perhaps this could build on his own personal strength without the reassurance of his friend, but with the lines from KH2 that Xemnas says "Sora, do you really trust Riku?" and the acceptance that Sora and Riku both wanted to be like each other, I think this game will build a stronger trust in each other rather than their inner self.

Riku has already learned to trust his own strength, and Sora learned to trust in the knowledge his friends are always backing him, even if they remember him or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back