• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D E3 Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveK89

I'm certainly interested in what this game will become. However, I just don't see a point in getting excited about it right now since there's not much to go off from currently. I'd rather wait until more information on the game is released. Hopefully, we will find more information at TGS.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well for an opening sequence, I'd say this is pretty par for the course for KH. Remembering how KH1 and KH2 opened, lots of Soras falling from the sky and all that stuff is pretty usual.

I agree.
This is starting to sound more and more like it was just there to present 3D and less likely that the trailer they saw had anything to do with the game.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I'd actually love to play them as kids X3 socute

...Except of course there would be absolutely no plot XD;;

I'm just hoping it isn't the 'dream' scenario or something silly. Then again, Nomura said that this game is moving into the tier above coded/Days/BBS, so perhaps it will introduce brand new story points or something...
Since he's pucking out new worlds I say its almost a guarantee there going to be some new story point.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
the game probably has nothing to do with the trailer and it was just a dream that sora currently is having, then he will wake up and everything will be normal :p

Chris_Kiki

Maybe 3D stands for Three Destinies. Since the trailer seems to show a different story, maybe a different possible destiny for Sora or Riku. Which, of course, sounds crazy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really doubt this is a dream. If it is a dream, then Sora must be prophetic to be able to go to new worlds, considering Nomura+staff were going to add new ones.

-starts hoping DI is playable and revisitable in this game-

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I really doubt this is a dream. If it is a dream, then Sora must be prophetic to be able to go to new worlds, considering Nomura+staff were going to add new ones.

-starts hoping DI is playable and revisitable in this game-

I agree with this. Unless Sora can see into the future, I don't see him dreaming about new worlds.

And yes, I'd like DI to be playable again. I was disappointed when I found out I couldn't play through it in BBS.

Awards
None of this **** makes sense. I hope the demo isn't accurate to the plot. Or if it is it's at least properly explained.

Awards
Nomura already said that the demo was made specifically so that important information wouldn't be revealed.

Though that doesn't necessarily mean that the demo isn't intended to be a part of the game/canon.
It's obscure enough so that it really means nothing to us. It's nonsensical. But there's a chance that it does have some sort of context to it.

I feel like they wouldn't have made something that bizarre for the sake of a demo, though I could very well be wrong.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Though that doesn't necessarily mean that the demo isn't intended to be a part of the game/canon.
It's obscure enough so that it really means nothing to us. It's nonsensical. But there's a chance that it does have some sort of context to it.

I feel like they wouldn't have made something that bizarre for the sake of a demo, though I could very well be wrong.

RAINING SORAS! The only way I can see that in the official game is if it's in a CG opening. After all, all the KH openings (especially KH1's) had a lot of weird crap happen that made no sense.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
RAINING SORAS! The only way I can see that in the official game is if it's in a CG opening. After all, all the KH openings (especially KH1's) had a lot of weird crap happen that made no sense.

Even if it was a CG opening, it still sounds really weird. I can't tell if it's the fact that Sora's are falling from the sky like a wingless Kid Icarus or that there are multiple Sora's that is making me not get it.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Even if it was a CG opening, it still sounds really weird. I can't tell if it's the fact that Sora's are falling from the sky like a wingless Kid Icarus or that there are multiple Sora's that is making me not get it.

Multiple Soras were there in the KH1 opening too. One of the Soras was next to Kairi and they both look in the sky to see another Sora. Then the Sora next to Kairi falls under water which turns into sky and becomes the other Sora who then goes under water and then a platform of Snow White appears and birds are flying everywhere.

I don't think this "trailer" is anything new :/

I don't believe this to be the CG opening... but I'm just saying that the more I watch the KH1 opening, the description for the trailer isn't that new in terms of the visuals being KH on drugs.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Multiple Soras were there in the KH1 opening too. One of the Soras was next to Kairi and they both look in the sky to see another Sora. Then the Sora next to Kairi falls under water which turns into sky and becomes the other Sora who then goes under water and then a platform of Snow White appears and birds are flying everywhere.

I don't think this "trailer" is anything new :/

I don't believe this to be the CG opening... but I'm just saying that the more I watch the KH1 opening, the description for the trailer isn't that new in terms of the visuals being KH on drugs.

T_T

I know that there were multiple Sora's in the KH1 opening, it's the whole "a ton of Sora's all raining down at once" thing. Reading it just sounds so... weird (Although, I bet that if I read a desciption of the KH1 opening with actually seeing it, it would probably sound ridiculous).

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Are you guys really arguing the logistics of a "dream" in the KH series?
Sora can dream whatever the hell he wants because he's DA CHOZEN WUN

In the beginning of KH1 he begins to have prophetic dreams in Destati anyway.

Watch this entire game be a dream Sora had while he was asleep in the chamber, lmfao.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Watch this entire game be a dream Sora had while he was asleep in the chamber, lmfao.

lol like that show St. Elsewhere where the whole show turned out to be an autistic child's dream in a snowglobe? Fans would rage so hard if that happened xD

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Are you guys really arguing the logistics of a "dream" in the KH series?
Sora can dream whatever the hell he wants because he's DA CHOZEN WUN

In the beginning of KH1 he begins to have prophetic dreams in Destati anyway.

Naw I doubt it. He only dreamed about stuff he knew.

Soren

Awards
I think this may be just be a trailer showing off the 3DS's graphics. (like the FFVII tech demo a few years back did for PS2) While I admit that weird dreams are par for the course when it comes to KH, a rainstorm of Sora's is just a too weird for my taste. If it did turn out to be part of the KH storyline, it may explain where Sora's little speech at the beginning of the KH1 opening came from.

"I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like, 'is any of this for real, or not?'"

I've been wondering what that had to do with the KH storyline. If KH3D is part of the main storyline, I hope it explains this in full detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back