• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D E3 Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
RAINING SORAS! The only way I can see that in the official game is if it's in a CG opening. After all, all the KH openings (especially KH1's) had a lot of weird crap happen that made no sense.

Multiple Soras were there in the KH1 opening too. One of the Soras was next to Kairi and they both look in the sky to see another Sora. Then the Sora next to Kairi falls under water which turns into sky and becomes the other Sora who then goes under water and then a platform of Snow White appears and birds are flying everywhere.

I don't think this "trailer" is anything new :/

I don't believe this to be the CG opening... but I'm just saying that the more I watch the KH1 opening, the description for the trailer isn't that new in terms of the visuals being KH on drugs.

T_T

I know that there were multiple Sora's in the KH1 opening, it's the whole "a ton of Sora's all raining down at once" thing. Reading it just sounds so... weird (Although, I bet that if I read a desciption of the KH1 opening with actually seeing it, it would probably sound ridiculous).
141391c.gif

So yea, as you guys said. It's not anything new. *still has to GIF the other part*

~teeheehee

Shadow Key

Screw it, I'm done buying consoles for the KH games. I love all the games, but I already bought a Game Boy, DSi, and PSP for the series. Plus I hate modern day Nintendo. The only one I planned on really buying was PSP, and I ended up buying them all.

However, if KH3 goes to a specific console (AND I MEAN CONSOLE, NOT A HANDHELD) I might consider getting it. Like 360. But not Wii. Nintendo hater, remember?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Screw it, I'm done buying consoles for the KH games. I love all the games, but I already bought a Game Boy, DSi, and PSP for the series. Plus I hate modern day Nintendo. The only one I planned on really buying was PSP, and I ended up buying them all.

However, if KH3 goes to a specific console (AND I MEAN CONSOLE, NOT A HANDHELD) I might consider getting it. Like 360. But not Wii. Nintendo hater, remember?

Why did you get a Gameboy? Why not the DSLite? Plays DS games and GBA games and it is cheap to get now. Could have got one for $50 on ebay.

And the only way to play a game is ti buy a system.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think this may be just be a trailer showing off the 3DS's graphics. (like the FFVII tech demo a few years back did for PS2)

Except KH3D will be an actual game and an FF7 remake wont.
Plus, some of it was described as gameplay.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Why did you get a Gameboy? Why not the DSLite? Plays DS games and GBA games and it is cheap to get now. Could have got one for $50 on ebay.

And the only way to play a game is ti buy a system.

Probably for the original CoM when it first came out. Were there DS' back then?

xd20

Well at E3 it was called "KH3D Demo" meaning, it probably was just a show-off demo of what they could do graphically. And showing all the falling Sora's was possibly a way to tell you how many animated things could be on screen at once.

But that still doesn't explain what the game could be about. The only way Sora could see a Nobody back then and not remember it would be if it was a dream. But so far, each game has tried to explain the overall story clearly, and having a game based in a dream wouldn't be that effective in doing so, so it makes me think it isn't.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
No. I know the GBA:SP was out during that time. But it sounds like they recently bought the Gameboy.

Oh, then I see what you mean. It does sound like they just recently bought one :\

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Plus I hate modern day Nintendo.

After E3 I have trouble comprehending why anyone would "hate" Nintendo. Not caring for them and the games they make, maybe, and even then, with all the games the 3DS will have as launch titles...but yeah whatever.

Also, buying a console just for one game, how matter how good, is not a good idea to begin with.

Shadow Key

After E3 I have trouble comprehending why anyone would "hate" Nintendo.

They don't think of much original... the only thing that I liked at their press conference was 3DS. That's it. Nothing else. And considering how BAD the other E3 conference was... *shiver* I quote the Dead Pixel: "The Wii and Nintendo are fine; that is, if you just love 3D hash ups of old games." Nintendo makes good games, they just annoy the crap out of me.

PS. Every single time I see you post a comment about Nintendo it's always something totally sucking up to it. Just saying.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
They don't think of much original... the only thing that I liked at their press conference was 3DS. That's it. Nothing else. And considering how BAD the other E3 conference was... *shiver* I quote the Dead Pixel: "The Wii and Nintendo are fine; that is, if you just love 3D hash ups of old games." Nintendo makes good games, they just annoy the crap out of me.

PS. Every single time I see you post a comment about Nintendo it's always something totally sucking up to it. Just saying.

Except that people love nostalgia and you are probably way too young to have played classic Nintendo games, therefore unable to recognize good games.

Nintendo won E3. This is a fact.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I wasn't really talking about the Wii; I was more reffering to the DS and 3DS, the former of which had a huge library of games and the latter of which is due for a lot of launch titles.

Nintendo didn't really please me at the beggining of this gen, tbh. Recently though I noticed the Wii does have a fair amount of games I didn't even know about and all the Nintendo franchises I love are getting new games this fall or the beggining of next year. And the 3DS with its killer lineup of launch titles.

What you said about their lack of new IP's is definitely true, but otherwise I don't have much to hate about them atm.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I like how Nintendo finally decided to do 3D again after that failed VR headthing a looooong time ago with the red and black screen. 3DS is just Nintendo finally fulfilling a dream of theirs.

And the reason for no new IPs is mostly because the system just got announced. Announcing a new IP for something we don't know much on wouldn't be as amazing as seeing old games and series we know of being on this new system to show off how great it is. We'll get new IPs once more about the 3DS is learned. It is easier to show familiar things on something new to get more people attracted to it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Nintendo indeed does lack a good amount of new IPs, but it's not as big of a deal as you might think really.

New IP does not translate to "original idea".

Dead Space was a new IP that took concepts from many other games and presented them in an enjoyable fashion.

There are good new IPs and shitty new IPs, and there are good IP rehashes and bad ones.

Though, you're right, if Nintendo were to make new IPs, it'd be spectacular due to their caliber of quality generally invested into games.

Yet, Nintendo often takes old IPs and adds a completely different spin to them that most other companies never dare in their sequels. Kid Icarus Uprising is NOTHING like Kid Icarus for NES. Zelda Wind Waker is nothing close to Link to the Past. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is fundamentally different from Super Mario Sunshine.

Many of their sequels try brand new ideas you hadn't seen before, and you can't really expect the same out of Gears of War 1, 2, and 3.

Besides, Nintendo doesn't really "rehash" very often. You usually see a new title from an IP once, or if you're very lucky, twice per console generation.

Yet it's only been 4 years and we're already almost at Gears of War 3, and it's been 4 years since KH2 and we're soon going to be done with our third KH game since.

Anyway, rather off topic, but just thought I'd point it out.

jawz

Well at E3 it was called "KH3D Demo" meaning, it probably was just a show-off demo of what they could do graphically. And showing all the falling Sora's was possibly a way to tell you how many animated things could be on screen at once.

But that still doesn't explain what the game could be about. The only way Sora could see a Nobody back then and not remember it would be if it was a dream. But so far, each game has tried to explain the overall story clearly, and having a game based in a dream wouldn't be that effective in doing so, so it makes me think it isn't.

Not true cause Sora saw the 2 samurai nobodies when he was about to fight Roxas in KH 2

Shadow Key

Except that people love nostalgia and you are probably way too young to have played classic Nintendo games, therefore unable to recognize good games.

Nintendo won E3. This is a fact.

What are some good games that I should play then? I've played Super Mario Brothers, Mario Kart, the entire Mario Party series, Mario Kart 64, Mario Brothers 1, 2, 3... and I practically grew up on these games until I was about 10. The only other games I play now are old N64 games, Little Big Planet, InFamous and Final Fantasy. Anything else I should look up? :/

Rebx

Whoa... raining Sora's? It's almost like a fangirl's dream come true. xD Can't wait for it to come out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back