• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Forecast Questions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I can't find too much information about the forecast aspect of this game. There isn't much on it that I can find online or in the guide (for those that got it). The forecast shows a hidden enemy that is in a link portal somewhere in the world and a special item that you can gain extra DP for receiving in battle. However, I have just encountered a Forecast where the enemy box with the silhouette and question mark in it has a pink border and a star in the top left. The silhouette is of Meow Wow and I went to the spot where Meow Wow's link portal should be (the guide showed me where) and there is no link portal there. I ran throughout the entire world and I interacted with every link portal to no avail. I thought perhaps the link portal was invisible so I went to the spot where it should have been and clicked all around the bottom screen map but once again nothing. Does anyone know what that border and star combination mean?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

kupo1121

Awards
There are several possibilities.
One is that the special portal may not be unlocked yet (all other link portals, including friend ones, already activated in that world with that Character?) and the other may be that you got the "messed up portals"-bug which means your special portals got flipped.

If it's in Traverse you can already check if you have the bug by looking at this explanation: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-3d/168906-game-bugs-no-spoilers-inside-4.html#post5887549

It's in La Cite Des Cloches, and all my other special link portals have been fine so far up until this one, which happens to have a star on it which is why I'm suspicious. You said that maybe it isn't unlocked yet? If so, how do you unlock these special ones, going farther in the story?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As far as I know, you need to activate all normal Link Portals (those with Final Fantasy names) and clear them before the special portal becomes available.

Then there's also the point of some special portals needing other special portals being cleared first in that world before a specific one gets unlocked.

If you have the guide, shouldn't that be explained in there then? Which portals are the prerequisites I mean.

kupo1121

Awards
The guide isn't that great from what I've looked so far. They really don't say much about link portals, especially special link portals beyond where they are located when you need them. Hmmmm, okay, I'll try doing all the link portals first and then I'll see if it appears down the road.

tmujir955

I think I figured it out. My forecast Dream Eater had a green outline and a star on it. I encountered it in that world's Special Portal. Maybe the outline and star indicates the forecast DE to be in the special portal?

tmujir955

Vəntus;5891917 said:
The outline and star displays the difficulty; one star = a certain color which means it's relatively easy.

You really just have to look out for the pink bubbles in the bottom screen.

Ah, ok. One star is a light blue/teal color

kupo1121

Awards
Yeah, the stars coordinate the difficulty of the link portal. A green border with one star means it is a level 2 portal. No star is a level 1 portal. I haven't seen a 3 or higher yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back