• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Play Arts and Formation Arts Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I always wanted to get one of these, but they're freaking expensive for something i'll probably never use

Etherealin

I'd like to get them, but I bet they'll be hideously expensive. I want those TWEWY ones, though.

I think the Org XIII figures are a great idea- I'd buy all of them. XD

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
The KH ones are usually only 35$ at my local anime store. Pretty cheap for well made, official merchandise.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
so
Sora with every single outfit he's ever worn.
2 Mickey's
1 Riku's
1 Cloud
1 Sephiroth
1 Kairi
1 Axel
1 Roxas.
1 Jack skellington

Did I miss any other KH play arts?

I hopethe fourmation arts are varied like they were in the KH1 series.

Sora2016 is correct, but they also haven't made Anti-Sora either, which I think would be pretty cool too see Sora all black. The Play Arts are all expensive, but then again, all SE merchandise is. Sora Valor Form alone goes for over $100 usually, and the Play Arts Master Arms keyblade set (including both ultima weapons, oblivion, oathkeeper, and 3 wishes) is even rarer.

I think these would count as Static Arts maybe? http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1828788829896_2204_2206994869

No, those were made by TOMY, not SE when KH first came out in the US. They would be classified in the TOMY section if there were an official merchandise listing (I should talk to someone about that, I'd love to help and I have most of the stuff spoken about on the site).

I always wanted to get one of these, but they're freaking expensive for something i'll probably never use

The Play Arts are sadly quite fragile, but they are amazing to stare out. I have them all opened (I don't keep mine in the box, no longer mint, but I'm not selling either so I don't care xP) and they are really nice!!! One of the best quality figures

I'd like to get them, but I bet they'll be hideously expensive. I want those TWEWY ones, though.

I think the Org XIII figures are a great idea- I'd buy all of them. XD

Those TWEWY ones are pretty rare. I've seen a couple them around, I think there are some Shiki's Ebay, but they aren't selling since they are asking for hundreds of dollars. The Neku one is extremely rare and as said earlier, the figures aren't made THAT well and they break very easily. I've seen 3 Nekus in being sold online within the past 2 years, all of their arms broken off somehow.

As for the Org. I'd also like them to release them all, but I doubt any of them will be made besides Xion. As you can see, SE chooses only the BIGGEST characters in the game, the org. won't stand a chance the way I see it.

kupo1121

Awards
Still no Xemnas or Ansem SOD? ):

I don't think they'll make the main villains, maybe Xehanort's true form in KH3 when he returns (IDK if he is shown in DDD, I didn't spoil it), but if they didn't make Ansem SoD for KH1, they probably won't make Xemnas either :(

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Why though? Why would they make a whole action figure for KH1 Sephiroth who had not even a single line of dialogue, and yet not have one for some of the main villains? It doesn't make any sense, even worse in the fact that the villains are typically the better designed characters in this series.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I don't think they'll make the main villains, maybe Xehanort's true form in KH3 when he returns (IDK if he is shown in DDD, I didn't spoil it), but if they didn't make Ansem SoD for KH1, they probably won't make Xemnas either :(

No, but really I'd like to see villains. I'd be better than 10 different colored Soras

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
Why though? Why would they make a whole action figure for KH1 Sephiroth who had not even a single line of dialogue, and yet not have one for some of the main villains? It doesn't make any sense, even worse in the fact that the villains are typically the better designed characters in this series.

Sephiroth sells...never doubt the influence of popularity on a business's decision, no matter how illogical (this also counts for KH1 Cloud). I have to even admit that out of all the Play Arts figures, KH1 Sephiroth is my 2nd favorite. I think he is done incredibly well, so I'm very glad he was made.

I'd be better than 10 different colored Soras

I agree, but beggars can't be choosers...if I could have my way, Aqua would have been made ages ago...

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Sephiroth sells...never doubt the influence of popularity on a business's decision, no matter how illogical (this also counts for KH1 Cloud). I have to even admit that out of all the Play Arts figures, KH1 Sephiroth is my 2nd favorite. I think he is done incredibly well, so I'm very glad he was made.

I definitely don't mind that they made a Sephiroth one, it looked awesome, and I considered buying it. I just don't see why they would make one for him, and not make one for Ansem.

Key Wielder

Awards
I definitely don't mind that they made a Sephiroth one, it looked awesome, and I considered buying it. I just don't see why they would make one for him, and not make one for Ansem.

Maybe at the time they figured that since Final Fantasy was a huge selling point for the series they would rather have Sephiroth than an original villain. Now that that side of the games has really begun to dwindle as a main selling point and the original characters can stand on their own, we may see them try different things. Kupo1121 might have a point with them making a "true" Xehanort Play Arts with the release of KH3 somewhere down the road, but I don't think Xemnas or Ansem SoD will be getting much attention if their "whole" being is back.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see what the 3D ones look like. If they come out with Sora or Riku in their Grid outfits, I might have to break down and buy one.

kupo1121

Awards
In any case, it'll be interesting to see what the 3D ones look like. If they come out with Sora or Riku in their Grid outfits, I might have to break down and buy one.

I doubt the Grid outfits will be in the collection. If anything, they'll release Sora and Riku in their original DDD outfits and maybe some of the TWEWY cast, and possibly the hooded figure. I wouldn't expect much though.

flurryflames

I really think atleast with the formation arts they should do a complete Organization XIII collection with all 14 members.

And come on BBS needs more attention. Terra...I want my Terra and my Terranort and my X-Blade.

I would like to see that as well. The villains never get any love. One company made three organization member plushies such as Axel, Demyx, final Form Xenmas and Twilight Town Roxas so I don't see what is the problem with making other characters.

kupo1121

Awards
I would like to see that as well. The villains never get any love. One company made three organization member plushies such as Axel, Demyx, final Form Xenmas and Twilight Town Roxas so I don't see what is the problem with making other characters.

The other characters aren't as popular, which means they won't sell as well :( I'm not saying they all aren't popular, but some of the org. is significantly less popular than others:

- Luxord (even if he is Nomura's favorite)
- Xaldin
- Vexen
- Lexaeus
- Larxene

^ all of them would probably sell pretty poorly and only among big KH fans or people who happen to like them, but I don't believe any of them can compete with the other org. members.

kupo1121

Awards
Just main Villains and Characters. Please .

You'd probably have to define main characters because I would consider both Namine and Xion "main" but I know figures of them will never see the light of day. Also, a doubt you'll see Ansem SoD or Xemnas, I'm doubtful on Xehanort as well. I could see Vanitas or YMX, but IDK about the other "main" villains.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
You'd probably have to define main characters because I would consider both Namine and Xion "main" but I know figures of them will never see the light of day. Also, a doubt you'll see Ansem SoD or Xemnas, I'm doubtful on Xehanort as well. I could see Vanitas or YMX, but IDK about the other "main" villains.

Everyone in DDD's opening plus Vanitas and YMX

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
"Main" characters can also be again split into "Protagonists" and "major allies or support characters", so that's a pretty broad term.

Popularity is certainly a major choice in which figure to make as I don't see any other reason why they neglected Naminé and Riku in the KH2-figurine line and added Axel instead.

Sora is already overdone and shouldn't get another figure, but as he's the poster boy it probably will happen again.

If I would get to choose however I would want to get figures of:

-Terra
-Aqua
-Ventus
-Riku (KH2-outift or DDD)
-Naminé
-Master Xehanort
-Vanitas

As I already own Wisdom Form Sora and the (in Germany at least) very rare Roxas-figure they would fit into the row pretty good.

kupo1121

Awards
As I already own Wisdom Form Sora and the (in Germany at least) very rare Roxas-figure they would fit into the row pretty good.

Nothing is rare when you have the internet lol xP The only figure I've ever bought locally was Wisdom form actually lol xP The rest I've obtained through either Play-Asia, Ebay, or SE's main store. Just make sure you aren't buying it from Hong Kong, before I knew that, I purchased a couple figures only to find out they were exactly "authentic." Wasted money right there -__- but lesson well learned.

I actually still have faith in BbS figures, I find it too hard to believe that SE would neglect at least TAV, I can see them skipping over everyone else on your list Sephy, but I cannot see them skipping TAV. Riku KH2 already has a Static Arts and a Formation Arts too, so a Play Arts might not be completely necessary in his case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back