• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Aftermath

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagnate Wolf

Kingdom Hearts: Aftermath

Prologue: This is the story of a hero who was never meant to be. It takes place in a universe that was never meant to happen. These series of events were all caused by one mistake. Castle Oblivion. During the time when Sora destroyed Marluxia, a question was asked by a girl named Namine. To keep the memories he has now, or to get his old ones back. This is the result of what would've happened if he had chosen to keep his newly formed memories.

EPISODE I: Universal Apocalypse

“It's raining again.”
“Yeah, it's gonna be that way forever. Relax and enjoy your coffee.” said a tall man with a deep voice. He had dark skin and a tattoo that said “faith” on his left forearm. His blue eyes stared into his friend's brown eyes; the man he was talking to. His friend had brownish-black hair, tan skin and was around 5'9 in height. His name was Jacob.

“Sorry, this weather is just to depressing. When are you going to finish that gummi ship? I want to leave this world already.” complained Jacob.
“Where do you expect to go? Twilight Town, Traverse Town? This world is your best bet. It's the only one that has no unversed.”
“Yeah, but it's also the most wet of all worlds.” said Jacob.
“It's Radiant Garden. You grew up here. Besides, Xemnas said that as long as this world obeyed him, he would give us protection.”
“I hear Roxas almost has enough hearts for him.”
“Whatever. Like a give a care about Kingdom Hearts right now. All I want to do is enjoy the cafe's best tasting coffee, then head home and work on that gummi ship.”
“But Cid, I thought there was no other place to live, but here.”
“Yeah, I know,” said Cid. “But it would be nice to do some exploring.”
“All right. Don't ask for my help, though. I have no idea how to make those ships.” said Jacob.
“Hehe... Why do I even hang out with you?” joked Cid.
“You know why, don't even kid. I'm one of the only one's left that still have weapons.”
“Yeah, I guess, but how did you get that dream staff?” asked Cid.
“I told you already. Back when I worked for Goofy, this was the weapon I used to defend the castle.” Jacob said in a braggish tone.
“Yeah yeah.”

As soon as Cid spoke, lightning struck off in the distance, along with roaring thunder.

“It's not often that lightning strikes,” said Jacob. “Let's go check it out.”
“Okay, let's go.” said Cid as they paid for their coffee and headed off to the dark depths.

(Sorry the chapters are short, but I'm not to committed to this fanfic. It's just something to do.)

Last edited:

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Neat concept for a story. I'm definitely interested. Funny how one little event can change things. I'm excited to see what has happened to Sora and co.

I spotted one little misspelling though. “I here Roxas almost has enough hearts for him.” It should be "hear" instead of "here". Nice job, though, I'm definitely going to follow this story.

Dagey

I like it so far. Continue writing and ill continue reading. But yeah I'm a follower to your story!

Stagnate Wolf

EPISODE II: Fallen from the Sky

Jacob and Cid headed to the direction of the lightning strike. They were headed for the dark depths.

“Everytime time I'm out here, I think of Hallow Bastion.” said Cid.
“What? You too?” Jacob asked.
“Yeah. A lot of people lost their homes back when the heartless invaded.”
“Best not to dwell on the past, though.” Cid sighed.
“You know, this place is so depressing. I mean we're trying to find adventure by going to the last place lightning struck.” Jacob snickered as the two arrived to the ruins of Hallow Bastion.
“Well, this is where I saw it stri-”

Cid was cut off as he saw the remains of a pillar trying to be lifted. “Jacob over there!” Cid immediately changed to a serious tone and yelled as he watched in suspicion.
“Yeah I saw.” Jacob said calmly as he drew his staff. He then went to the pillar and lifted the big object off of whatever was trying to escape. Jacob gazed at an odd sight. A young teenage face looked at him with piercing black eyes, wearing a dark blue tight shirt and black tight jeans, being loose on the bottom. His shoes were a little big on him and also black with a checkerboard design on the heel.

“Who are you?” Jacob asked as he held his weapon to him.
“...” The teenager shook his head as his dark hair waved back and forth. “I'm trying to remember.” His voice was not to deep, but sounded sort of evil.
“Listen, I think this guy fell out of the sky.” Cid said as he looked at the teenager cautiously.
“Oh, so that's what hurts.” said the teenager in an extremely calm tone. He then looked at the dream staff that was being pointed at his face. He smirked for a faint second the went back to having a pale, blank look.
“Do you have a name? What are you?” Jacob asked nervously.
“From what I can remember, I'm an unversed.” again with his calm tone.
Jacob held the staff to the unversed's neck. “Your name?”
“Aros. Lower your weapon.” he replied.
“Aros. Your an unversed or so you say. I can't let you live.” Jacob remarked.
“Hey I know unversed are negative energy of other people and all, but I have NO memory. I won't harm you.” Aros said calmly.

Jacob and Cid looked at Aros. For some reason they felt like they could trust him, so Jacob lowered his weapon.
“Why can't you remember anything?” Cid asked.
“Because I fell from the damn sky.” Aros said obliviously.
“Well.... If you're an unversed. Whose unversed are you?” Cid looked at Aros nervously as he popped the question. Aros then stood up. A dream sword and shield were strapped to his back. He lifted up some other pillars and platforms and grabbed his gauntlets and other armor. “I'm a keyblade master. I am Sora's unversed.” Aros replied.

Dagey

I love the idea how you gave sora an unversed. Good so far!

Stagnate Wolf

EPISODE III: Another Hope

Two Days Later...

“You look a lot like Vanitas.” Cid said while studying Aros.
“Hehe... How do you know about him?” asked Aros while drinking his coffee.

The three sat in the usual cafe drinking their usual drinks.
“Old stories from way back when.” Cid replied.
“Yeah, back when the Restoration Committee was fighting the nobodies, they would talk of the past.” Jacob butted in.
“What happened to them?” Aros asked.
“Killed. They posed a threat to Xemnas, so he killed them.” said Cid.
“Harsh too. Demyx, Axel, Xaldin, Xigbar, and Xemnas.” murmured Jacob.
“What?” Aros replied.
“Oh. The remaining members of Organization XIII.” said Jacob.
“Yeah. Roxas quit after a while. Wanted to find out about who he truly was. Axel is working on getting him back, but Ansem the Wise is also trying to get him to face reality.” Cid said while sipping his coffee.
“What reality?” Aros asked while he also drank his coffee.
“The reality that Sora, his counterpart is gone!” Cid said dramatically.
“Gone? As in dead?”
“No.” Jacob said to Aros.
“Oh, then what?”
“He was abducted by the Organization. Donald and Goofy were killed.” Cid said sadly.
“So our only hope of peace is gone?” Aros asked.
“OUR only hope? I'm surprised you're not killing us with that sword of yours. Do you not realize that you're an Unversed? You're supposed to be evil!” shouted Cid.
“Hey calm down,” Aros replied. “I told you, I can't remember. I have no intention of hurting you. Now calm down before you cause a commotion!” Aros yelled while in a whisper.
Jacob looked at the two for a minute then began to talk. “Anyway... There are others that have helped greatly.”
“Like who?” Aros asked in a cocky voice.
“...”
“...”
The two paused and looked at eachother. “You should go to the resistance.” Cid and Jacob said simultaneously.
“What's that?” Aros asked.
“You're full of questions.” Cid replied.
“You're full of answers.” Aros remarked.
“All right. The resistance is an anti-organization group formed by Yen-Sid and Ansem the Wise. We're in it too, along with Riku, The King, The Queen, and Cloud.” said Jacob.
“Sign me up.” said Aros.
“Follow me.” said Cid.

Last edited:

Dagey

Great chapter! Cant wait for the next chapter. I like the idea of a anti organization. But one question. So when you said "What happened to them?” Aros asked.
“What?” Aros replied.
“Oh. The remaining members of Organization XIII.” said Jacob."
Are Axel and them dead? Or were they the ones that killed? I wasnt sure if it was them that were dead.

Stagnate Wolf

Great chapter! Cant wait for the next chapter. I like the idea of a anti organization. But one question. So when you said "What happened to them?” Aros asked.
“What?” Aros replied.
“Oh. The remaining members of Organization XIII.” said Jacob."
Are Axel and them dead? Or were they the ones that killed? I wasnt sure if it was them that were dead.
They were the remaining members. Jacob brought them up to change the subject cause he didn't want to think about all the people that died.

Dagey

O ok thanks. So will the remaining members be in the story at all?

Stagnate Wolf

EPISODE IV: Preparing for Roxas

Aros followed Jacob and Cid down into town. The whole walk down Cid and Jacob conversed among eachother while Aros tagged along behind. Soon rain began to fall.

“So where are we going?” asked Aros.
“Merlin's home. It's where the resistance is.” Jacob turned his head to look at Aros and answered.

They kept walking until they came upon Merlin's house. They knocked on the door twice, waited a few seconds then knocked once more. Soon the door was opened by a small figure with round ears.

“Your majesty, we have someone you should meet.” Cid said while kneeling down to match height with Mickey.
“Bring him in.” A voice hollered from inside the house.

The king moved out of the way as Jacob, Cid and Aros entered the house. There they saw Yen-Sid, Ansem the Wise, Riku, Cloud, Tifa, Kairi, The King, Donald's three nephews and Uncle Scrooge.

“Who is this boy?” asked Ansem the Wise.
“We'll tell you.” Jacob replied.

Jacob and Cid took a seat while Aros stood up. They began to explain the story of how they found Aros.

One hour later...

Aros woke up on a bed in the corner of the house.
“How long was I out?” he asked as he scratched his head.
Kairi looked at Aros as she sat next to him in the bed. “You look so much like Sora.” she said with a sad look on her face.
“Too bad I'm NOT Sora,” he said rudely. “Anyway, you don't look like you're from around here.”
“Yeah,” she replied. “The King took me from Destiny Islands so I could be with Riku.”
Aros began to scoot closer to Kairi. “Well you're very-”
“Aros. Come here.” said Ansem the Wise.
Aros got up and walked over to him. “What is it?”
“Do you know who you are?” Ansem asked.
“I'm an unversed with no memory.” he remarked.
“Do you know why you were created?” butted in Riku.
“I'm suppose to kill somebody.” Aros turned around to answer Riku.
“Precisely.” said Ansem as he looked at Aros.
“How do you know so much about me?” Aros asked Ansem.
“A few days back Mickey and Riku were sent on a reconnaissance mission to spy on the Organization while they visited Hollow Bastion. They overheard them talking about sending someone to destroy our resistance.”
“Well I was that person?” questioned Aros.
“Yes. They sent you down to the dark depths through one of their methods of transportation, but the impact of the fall wiped out your memory.”
“Wow. Whose idea was it to send me through a lightning bolt?” laughed Aros.
“Well, they're a busy group. Recently they kidnapped Namine. She was a nobody who can erase memories.” said Ansem.

Everyone in the group was focusing on Ansem and Aros.
“Meaning they didn't go into depth on planning how you would get to this world.” Ansem spoke.
“Well...” Aros sighed.
“You know of your past. What will you do now?” asked Yen-Sid.
“I want to meet my counterparts and I want to know how I was created. I know I'm Sora's unversed, so how did they get a negative copy of him?”
“You were told that Sora had been kidnapped. There's your answer. Simple cloning.” Yen-Sid replied.
“Yes and if you want to see Sora or Roxas, you'd have to help us out.” Mickey joined in the conversation.
“All right. I've got nothing better to do.” said Aros.
“Okay, we'll get straight to it then.” said Yen-Sid.
“Wait... You knew I was going to join!” shouted Aros.
“Yes I did. After all, you said it yourself. You have nothing better to do.” answered Yen-Sid.
“Haha, you're pretty smar-”

Aros was interrupted by Riku. “First we must liberate Roxas, then we'll go after Sora. I want to save my friend, so we have to rush.”
“Okay well, I have a dream sword. I can't do much with that.” said Aros.

Mickey tossed a key chain to Aros. “Try this.”
Aros attached the chain to his sword. Soon a bright light flashed and in the blink of an eye, the sword turned into a keyblade.
“You're a keyblade master. You should be using a keyblade.” Mickey said as smiled at Aros.

Aros stared at his keyblade. It was the Two Across Keyblade.

After receiving his weapon, Riku tossed Aros some clothes. “Try these on. They were going to be Sora's when he gained him memory back, but seeing as he's been kidnapped, you can use them.”
“Thanks.” replied Aros.
“All right, after you get changed, you, Cloud, and Riku will head to Twilight Town. Look for Roxas, and you know...”
“Liberate him.” Riku smiled.
“Yes. We'll hold things up here. Everyone wish these guys good luck. They're going to need it.” said Ansem the Wise.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
That's a pretty good story you've got going there, and I have some questions. How much do you know about Vanitas? If you know everything about Vanitas, then is Aros actually Vanitas since the Unversed can only survive because of Vanitas' existence?

Last edited:

Stagnate Wolf

s1angrypple
That's a pretty good story you've got going there, and I have some questions. How much do you know about Vanitas? If you know everything about Vanitas, then is Aros actually Vanitas since the Unversed can only survive because of Vanitas' existence?
I wanted him to be Vanitas since he's my favorite character, but I couldn't figure out how I'd connect the pieces, so I made him a clone of Sora with all the negative energy. I gave him the title of unversed to dumb it down.

Ryukashi17

I hope that you'll make some pieces about Aros' backstory fall into place in the next few chapters.

Stagnate Wolf

EPISODE V: Roxas

“Come with us.” Cid and Jacob said to Aros.
“Yeah, what is it?” he replied back as he followed the two, while Riku and Cloud tagged along.
“This is why I'm in the resistance. To provide transportation.” Cid said as he they arrived at Cid's house.

When they entered Cid's house they saw a Gummi Ship, that looked exactly like the Highwind. “Took a while to make it, but well... here you go.”

The three stared at the ship. “I guess we're using this.” Cloud said calmly.
“All right. Hop in everyone. I know how to fly a ship.” Riku said as they started up the latter.

Cid's house wasn't to wide, but it was very long. Long enough to fit a gummi ship in the middle of it.

“I know you guys are off in a hurry, so I'll give you this little bit of information as fast as I can. Axel is also trying to recruit Roxas. Be on your guard.” said Jacob to the the three climbing up the latter.

Riku, Aros and Cloud nodded and boarded the gummi. Moments later they took off, headed to Twilight Town.

Meanwhile...

“Roxas please come back to us. We need you.” Axel begged his best friend.
“I told you, I need to learn more about myself first. The Organization is a group with bad intentions, I don't need to be mixed with that crowd.” Roxas replied.
“But you know them. Don't you want a heart too?” Axel tried to reason with Roxas.
“Axel leave.”
“But”
“NO! I don't want you to try and talk me into going back!” Roxas yelled.
“Fine, have it your way.” said Axel as he RTC'd away.

Roxas then sat back down on his crate. He was in the usual spot by himself, holding a sea salt ice cream, which he began to eat.

“Here we are. Twilight Town.” said Riku, being the last one to leave the ship.
“Well, what a peaceful little place.” said Cloud as he gazed at all the buildings.
“Peaceful? Yeah right. This place is full of nobodies.” Riku said to Cloud.
“Guys,” Aros joined the conversation. “How are we going to persuade Roxas?”
“Simple,” said Riku. “We use you. He'll want to know you more since you're pratically the same people, plus he doesn't know they have Sora.”
“Heh. Well let's go get em.” Aros smirked as he drew his keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back