• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Apocalypse ~Part 1 Rebirth " Machinecken Town"~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Dragons! And concern -~

Andrew squeezed his eyes shut when Topsy moved away from, some sort of instinct coaxing him to do it even as he kept throwing spells. Something wet his cheek, making Andy break his focus. Reaching up, he looked at his fingers to see the blood that was on them. A glance in Harley’s direction and Andrew nearly puked. Sure, Harley had always been a jerk to Andy, but still…

Meeting Topsy’s gaze, Andrew intertwined his fingers with the man before him. Closing his eyes, he listened to the incantation and the wind picking up. His thoughts wandered even as his body was acutely aware of what was happening around him. A dark flame wound its way through Andrew as a sad, ancient voice spoke in his mind, “I only did what I thought was right, how could you do that to me? We were one in the same! Now though…I guess there’s no going back.”

Opening his eyes, the smile slid from his face as he saw the blood running down Topsy’s face. Reaching out a hand, Andrew carefully wiped away some that had been missed, a sad look in his eyes. Is this my fault? Did I somehow cause him to get hurt? He thought, right before a booming voice sliced through the air. He tried to hide the fact he was startled by the explosion, only for it to change to amazement when a thirty foot tall dragon (or at least that) appeared. A laugh escaping him despite the dragon’s annoyed look, Andrew almost took a step forward when the dragon asked, "Friend or kill??"

Shooting the dragon a freaked out look, Andrew didn’t fight as Topsy pulled him into a hug. He was a little surprised when the dragon turned out to be Bahamut, tilting his head to the side, Andrew whispered, “What happened to you Bladekeeper? Who turned you so bitter? Also what happened to the rest of your height, sir?” None of this added up in Andrew’s mind.

He watched as Harley was impaled, and then he looked away, growing more and more unsettled at the noise. Feeling a slight misting covering him, Andrew looked up to see one of Sevastian’s dragons. Reaching out a hand, he stroked the nose of the creature as he held its gaze. He heard Bahamut talking with Topsy. He hadn’t realized that Topsy had moved away from him, so when Topsy landed next to him, Andy recoiled ever so slightly. Andrew forced himself to return to a relaxed position, looking anywhere but at Bahamut since he didn’t want to upset the dragon.

Andrew startled when he felt something lick his cheek, looking up at the grinning dragon, Andrew had a freaked out expression as Bahamut asked grinning, "Mmmm, human tasty, you sure I can't eat him??"

Despite his better judgement, Andrew scolded, “No. Bad Bahamut, no eating people.” He turned to Topsy, getting ready to make a comment about him liking Shiva as well, only to see Tops fall on his behind. He didn’t even pay attention to the wardrobe change, crouching next to Topsy he asked, “Are you okay? Um, uh, heal.” Andrew’s channeled the curative magic towards Topsy. He hoped that it helped out, and when Topsy answered Bahamut’s question with a suggestive quip of his own, Andrew playfully swatted his arm as he scolded, “Not even you Tops, not in your current state.”

Looking to Sevastian, he thought about checking on him only to see that a water dragon had moved to be between him and Bahamut. He thought he heard it hissing. Figuring that it was an extension of Sevastian’s will, Andrew reached out and touched the dragon’s tail. “I’m okay, Bahamut won’t hurt me, I’m sure of it. He’s not the Betrayer, so I’m okay.”

Climbing to his feet, Andrew carefully pulled Topsy up and supported the majority of the weight of the taller man. Looking to Bahamut and the water dragon, Andrew tried to figure out how to handle things when Henry approached him. Andrew met Henry’s eyes, one that betrayed nothing of the other guy’s opinion. “Come on, let’s go. I’ll take Sevastian and get him to Halloween Town, you make sure to meet us there.”

Andrew was about to ask if Henry had a way to get them there, when the Commander walked up. Looking at his father figure, Andrew wanted to explain things when he raised his hand and said, “Don’t worry Andy, I understand it. I also fully support. I got you friend Jacen out of here, he’s in Halloween Town now. As for you two,” he looked to Sevastian and Henry and continued, “Here’s a fast route to the gummi ship.” With a wave of his hand, the two men had been sucked up into a dark portal that would drop them into Renn’s gummi ship.

He braced himself, curious to know what the Commander would do this time when two portals materialized. Nodding to the one closest to Andrew, the Commander said, “That one will take you to Halloween Town so your friend can rest. Although just know Andrew, if any of those boys hurt you I will personally return and end them myself.”

The Commander took a step forward and gave Andrew and awkward hug, before he nodded to Topsy. Then without another word, the Commander walked into the portal a few feet from Andrew and it collapsed on him. Andrew stared after him for a moment before a smile spread across his face, looking to Topsy he suggested softly, “How about we get going? Also did what method did you want to use. Bahamut? The portal or Renn’s ship?” Andrew glanced at Bahamut wearily, not sure how to react to the dragon’s desire to eat him.

~- Nice Ship -~

Henry felt as if he was falling for several minutes, when suddenly it stopped. Landing on the floor of the gummi ship, Henry barely had time to roll out of the way before Sevastian landed where he used to be. Quickly pinning his friend’s robe, Henry shot him a look and ordered firmly, “Don’t even think about leaving Sav, Andrew will be fine with that one guy. Have faith, especially if he’s anything like you.”

Looking around the gummi ship, Henry saw a girl and analyzed her soul just enough to get a read on her. It seemed like she didn’t trust strangers, and Henry had the half-hearted desire to ask Sevastian if he did something. He decided against it, and then looking at the girl he asked, “Pardon me, but do you know who’s ship this is?”

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Topsy was tired, he felt the curing magic from Andy wash over him and within minute or two was aware of his internal injuries from breaking his magic seal being taken away. He shivered as the darkness within him began to lessen so he took a sigh of relief. He felt a love that he hadn't ever experienced before, not even with Daaku that was coming from Andrew and it made him feel like he was more than just a tool of the counsel; more than just a pawn to be used by the S.O.A.D. He was so overwhelmed with different emotions that it was hard to gauge the best choice of actions. He caught the threat from the commander and wearily brushed the thought aside, then smiled as Andrew asked about how they should leave the rapidly darkening world of Machinecken Town.

"Well, I think that...." Topsy lost his breath an stopped speaking for a moment. He ws much more tired and a lot dizzier than he thought previously. Even trying to stand up was a task, so when Bahamut reached down and scooped him up, Topsy chuckled. "See...you really do like people."

Bahamut growled as he scooped up Andy ever so gently and settled both he and Topsy between the crest of his six wings. "Bahamut will take humans to Halloween Town. Why waste magic??" The dragon king chortled and turned its head back to gaze at the pair whom sat upon his back, once again offering up that odd grin of his. "Hang on humans..." Bahamut flapped his wings gently and rose up into the air swiftly, flying out from the hole it had made in the castle roof earlier. From the outside, Machinecken Town looked like it was falling apart. Heartless were swarming the streets and the air was littered with floating hearts from people that had been killed by heartless. It was a depressing sight to behold. "Sadness has taken this place. The darkness here is quite strong."

Suddenly, Topsy slumped forward, seemingly going unconscious as a dark corridor opened in front of Bahamut and the dragon flew into it. As this happened, a blinding white and red light show was shown before Andrew as he watched the dark corridor before them change into a large room with large floating crystals and an enormous shadowy figure that quickly came into view. It was the form of Astral Bahamut. The great towering figure reached out and held Andrew in his hand, his godly essence radiating around the young blonde. "Is this a more familiar form you might recognize me in, destined child of Eos??" Bahamut slowly moved his wings made of blades back and forth. "I'm pleased there are those whom recognize the gods in their presence, even in between worlds." Bahamut muttered something in an unintelligible language and raised Andrew higher to his face. "Do you have questions my child?? Have no reservations, this is your destiny..."

Deimos

Awards
This was as real as it got.

Trace stood up, turning his head towards the forest. He knew that sensation, scent even. There was a scratching like knives in his head, Anti grew frantic and poised his brain with a frenetic shriek. Everyone's heartless had their own personality after all...his just happened to teeter on the edge of a feral beast akin to the level of a possession heartless and yet the raw power and cunning of an invisible. Either way, Trace was settled, the dog hadn't returned and he was trying to avoid interacting with more "humans" unless they reeked of darkness.

"This is gonna use a decent amount of power, help me won't you Anti?"

The screech from the inside of his mind was loud, as his amber eyes both mixed and blended into solid yellow orbs.

"Sink."

Trace began to bury himself into the ground until he was removed from the site in front of the gate leading into town. Getting down, he clawed his way under the ground, whirring along the long since dead surface. Eventually creating a pool a fair distance away, and ripping himself out of the black puddle.

He could smell it, as he surfaced there were two women and he happened to climb out of the ground as one was walking his way. A human, and upon looking further there was a keyblade affixed to the woman's waist. He was already cautious, but proceeded to speak freely, there was another hybrid here after all.

"Well hello. I don't run into many humans out this way...or hybrids. Now who might you be..? Don't be shy, I don't bite, my associate however...does."

Trace chuckled, if there was anything hybrids shared it was a wariness for dejection and this common thread he hoped to build allies off of.

"I'll start by saying I'm not really interested in humans if that makes things easier. Truly sorry, who knows when you'll stab my kind in the back, please understand. They're...reluctant to accept the truth, is all i'll say for now. What about you, I see you've also managed to sustain...I'm curious. Have you controlled it yet?"

Trace looked past the human girl and directly at the other woman. A spot of fatigue seemed to be traceable in her face, he also took notice to the heartless at her side. It was a dog, interesting choice in traveling companion, but they could be troublesome. He snapped his left fingers, and a portal of darkness appeared directly on his shoulders, revealing his companion Bray, an owl-type heartless. It hooted and shook its feathers, all the while Trace folded his arms and waited for an answer to his question. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but he'd pull something out of either of them.

I'm certain of it. We'll see what she says. Trace thought.

Key Wielder

Awards
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The only reason—the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]only [/FONT][FONT=&quot]reason—Yoake didn’t raise her Keyblade against the two sudden new arrivals was because she recognized one of them from the battle in town. That didn’t do much to ease her nerves, of course; he was another of those wielders who thought they knew everything and ran around swinging their Keyblade as if that proved it. While neither of them were the two that Renn had insisted on waiting for, however, the same principle her unfortunate companion had voiced applied here. If she left them, she was responsible for what happened to them. Yoake had enough trouble without adding the guilt of strangers’ fates to the mix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A guilt that apparently the recognizable wielder—Sav?—didn’t shoulder. She could only assume that [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that one guy [/FONT][FONT=&quot]was Topsy, and if that was the case, then she certainly wouldn’t have left Andrew to that oddball’s mercy. Perhaps he was nicer than he let on, but his lascivious nature was off-putting to say the least. Andrew was a kid, and a kid who had met Topsy hardly two hours ago, yet this Sav person didn’t immediately voice any concerns over leaving who she could only presume was a friend in his care.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Honestly, it’s like they ask for trouble to find them.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“They definitely aren’t a careful bunch,”[/FONT][FONT=&quot] her formless companion surprisingly agreed, their voice edged with what she would have called caution if she didn’t know better. The being that stalked her everywhere she went didn’t [/FONT][FONT=&quot]do [/FONT][FONT=&quot]cautious, and if it did, it certainly didn’t where she was concerned.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]You can say that again. They’re going to get themselves killed, not to mention everyone else.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“You only have to worry about one person, though.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]...Are you serious?[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The voice in her head heaved a sigh before retorting, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“If you can’t protect yourself, you’ll never be able to look out for anyone else.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Well, that’s oddly thoughtful of you.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“I have my moments. Anyway, don’t let go of that Keyblade just yet.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]As if.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]For the first time, that was the furthest thing from her mind. These two had arrived without Renn, which meant they’d either gotten separated or left him for dead. There was a third option, but it wasn’t one she particularly relished dwelling on. That said, she wasn’t about to cede any ground, not until she knew whether they were as benign as they seemed now that one of them wasn’t being a royal idiot.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Narrowing her eyes, Yoake instead tightened her grip on her weapon and replied with all the firmness she could muster, “It belongs to Renn. Where is he?”[/FONT][/FONT]

Shinra

Banned
Awards
"Don't worry I'm here..." He had just walked out into the courtyard as he said that. "As for you people I barely recognize any of you but if you want safe passage out of here my ship can take us there. " He looked at Henry and Sevastian. "but first let's introduce ourselves... I'm Renn Gurski." He kept a weathered eye as they all walked onto the ship and he closed the platform. He took the driver's seat and two other seats appeared from the floor. "c'mon everyone.... speak up!." He soon took off and departed the world. He felt he had to get away but once in the lanes between. He stopped. "hmmm I had an idea of where to go when I left home... but... no idea now... anyone have any ideas on where to go?"

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Hiiii! -~

Andy lunged forward when Topsy fell backwards, shaking his head Andrew scolded, “Don’t move so fast you idiot!” Andrew quickly rifled through his pockets, searching for any healing items. Finding nothing, he gave a quick oath of frustration before he saw Bahamut scooping up Topsy. Looking at the dragon king in confusion, Andrew didn’t fight when he was scooped up next.

Stepping off on the dragon’s back, Andy snuggled close to Topsy as Bahamut offered to take them to Halloween Town. Nodding, he quickly did what he was told to do. He looked at the town below, conflicted on how he should feel about all the chaos below. He wanted to cry for the town and residents, and yet he also just wanted to leave. Reaching out, Andrew grabbed Topsy’s left hand a gentle squeeze. He didn’t look at Topsy, instead his eyes scanned the courtyard until he found a gummi ship down below. Please be on there brother, Andrew thought to himself.

He tightened his grip on Topsy’s hand when he slumped forward, pulling him close to his chest, Andrew quickly set to work using more healing magic on him. His head started hurting as the portal flashed red and white around them, leaving him dazed and confused. So when it suddenly went from a portal to a room filled with crystals, Andrew was instantly on guard. Moving into a defensive stance, Andrew was surprised when Bahamut approached him. Kneeling, Andrew listened as Astral Bahamut asked, "Is this a more familiar form you might recognize me in, destined child of Eos??"

He’d been scooped up by the large draconic knight. Straightening, he eyed Bahamut and answered, “Yeah, this is a more familiar form for me.” He listened as Bahamut spoke to him, the godly presence wrapping around him and easing his discomfort. He’d remembered the tales of how the Astrals had created humans in their image and then, after a slight against the Astrals, Ifrit had tried to destroy humanity leading to him being felled by the other Astrals.

Andrew pondered the questions that Bahamut had offered to him. Looking up at Bahamut, Andrew asked, “What do you mean by destined child of Eos? I don’t understand, I thought Noct was your chosen one. So, how is it I’m possibly destined?” Andrew touched his arm, looking away. There was so many questions he wanted to ask, but beyond those two he wasn’t sure what he wanted to ask that wouldn’t show he was just a confused child. He glanced back at Bahamut, he took a deep breath, calming his nerves a bit.

“You’ve got it all, you’ve lost your mind in the sound. There’s so much more, you can reclaim your crown. You’re in control, rid of the monsters inside your head. Put all of your faults to bed, you can be king again.” He sang softly, the wishful melody circling around the Astral and the boy.

He also thought about the way he’d been acting in that one form, looking at Bahamut, Andrew asked gently, “If I may, what happened to you? It seemed like something occurred to you in Topsy’s world so you don’t like humans…not that I can blame you. Also why is it that I can talk to the Astrals when I’m not a part of the Oracle line or the Caelum line. So, why?”

~- Introductions -~

Henry wasn’t sure what to do in regard to the girl’s hostility. Looking to Sevastian for a suggestion, he glanced back at the girl and began, “Um, I don’t know who Renn is necessarily, but if he was the one that shot some fire at me he should be on the way….”

Renn entered at that moment and started talking, caroling them onto the gummi ship. Watching him intently, Henry listened as he chatted away. He didn’t like needless conversation, and he had a feeling that’s all it’d be with Renn. Standing back, Henry thought about how much info to give and how much to hold to himself. “You can call me Henry, his name is Sevastian and we don’t have keyblades.” He said, motioning to Sevastian, before he added, “How about Halloween Town? Something’s telling me we should go there next.”

Henry could sense that Izanami was dealing with the recent flood of souls, taking those that she could manage and sending the others on their way to other parts of the God Realm. He sat down on the floor, trying to steady his pulse even as his head started buzzing with white noise. He knew he was an idiot for pushing himself as hard as he had, but he hadn’t been expecting it to be like this. A glance in Sevastian’s direction and he could see that his friend was feeling the aftereffects of using so much power. Focusing back on Renn and the girl, Henry eyed them wearily as he tried to figure out if they were friend or foe.

Awards
At first, Cal doesn’t know who the keyblader is referring to. Maggie?

Recognition finally dawns on her in slow degrees. Ah, that’s right. The girl still doesn’t know her name. Safe to keep it that way.

Grimacing at the pool of vomit from the other, along with the hand snapped onto her wrist, Cal looks only half cognizant what the kid is saying, already rifling through her head any possible places left to go to in this world. She can always walk far enough to see if she can find somepla--

It must be terrifying...
...still... mostly-human...

It stings hearing it from someone else, especially when this someone else is her.

“Oi. Do me a solid,” Cal calls after the retreating keyholder. The way Cal golden eyes sparkle under her hood gives a… slightly malevolent vibe. Dante would be proud. At her feet, Sparky whimpers. “Never suggest you know anything about me. Ever. I don’t want pity from a keyblader.”

She knows the other couldn’t have possibly meant it like that, couldn’t have possibly meant to rub the hybrid the wrong way. Pardon Cal if she’s slightly offended by it, regardless. It’s not the first time she’s run into a preaching wielder who thinks they have all the answers. She thought she’d found someone… different.

They’re not alone.

“Now who might you be..? Don't be shy, I don't bite, my associate however...does."

“Santa Claus and her little elf,” Cal drawls without pause, vestiges of her earlier annoyance still lingering as she flicks her gaze to the newcomer that emerged from below. My, she’s just coming up with all kinds of aliases, isn’t she? This isn’t a good first step to making new friends.

But she’s not here to make friends, she reminds herself. If Cal wanted companionship she would have certainly accepted that offer earlier; instead, the girl she dragged into this world was close to taking Cal’s word and heading off. That is, before this guy came along.

This... hybrid.

“Have you controlled it yet?”

The question puts Cal on edge. The truth: She barely controls Dante.

If he was entirely under her control, she wouldn’t feel as drained as she feels right now. But she’ll be damned before she admits this aloud.

This is interesting.

A shiver crawls up her spine at Dante’s quiet chortle. Now she’s definitely on edge. ‘Interesting’ to Dante means ‘Danger’ to Cal. One of the few times Dante was ever interested in anything was when he’d completely taken over. It was so interesting, the pretty little screams humans made at the sight of a massacre taking place. So interesting...

She hopes her unease is just all in her head. Paranoia...

Sparky is living up to his affectionate name of dumb little shit. Oblivious to how tense Cal had become, the heartless dog barks and circles at the feet of the other hybrid, finding even more excitement in the appearance of someone similar to Cal, and another summoned heartless. An owl, Cal notes. She’s seen hybrids flex their strength and call forth stronger creatures. That this guy chose not to is only a slight comfort. Slight.

The way the other hybrid crosses his arms gives Cal chills. Carefully masking her alertness, and--most importantly--her fatigue, she shoves her hands into her coat. Pushes her shoulders back a bit, and pushes away the remnants of dizziness with it. Even with the posturing, she’s still slightly shorter between the two of them, but only by an inch or two.

“Sorry, you’ve got me confused with someone else. I’m just passing through. Dropping off some baggage.”

purgatory

Awards
“Never suggest you know anything about me. Ever. I don’t want pity from a keyblader.”

This wasn't any easier for me, my train of thought wasn't the best, maybe I was depressing her more. Ahhh I probably sounded more patronizing than normal after a couple drinks, crap crap craaaaaap! I was walking away slowly grappling on side of my arm and the other covered my mouth. I started to feel like maybe I was a bit too preachy, so much for that little side quest of mine.My heart skipped a beat, then I heard it.

Darkness.

A pool appeared not that far away from me directly in the way of the exit. I watched as arms were gripping the sides and clawing their way out of the portal. I froze, I'd never seen an entrance like that outside of dark side slamming it's fist and shadows and neoshadows crawling out of it, instantly flashing back to that day everything went to hell. It definitely was a hybrid, but a kind I'd never...experienced, different from maggie...human, consumed..? I didn't know, I was a mere statue cupping my mouth even harder.

A firm hello escaped him, he was addressing us...the both of us. After his laugh, after pitching me into a state of cement shoes, he glossed over me entirely...as if I was no longer relevant to this incursion. He was blocking my way, he scared the other heartless away it feels and the more I listened to him talk...the more sure I started to feel about one thing.

Is this why Avery freaked out about Maggie before??

I could understand Maggie standing her ground, two hybrids talking intimately like this was not something you saw everyday (jokes on you, Topsy and Jacen have lol). I was a swerving ball of anxiety right now, every instinct, every cell crawling on my skin was telling me to either attack him or to retreat, but I couldn't do either of those. My head was heating up, a bead of sweat dropped from my brow and I just...lost it, if only for a moment. My heart sank into my stomach, I felt sick and wanted to vomit a second time, but I didn't. There was a part of me that just turned on and some voice from inside me called courage started to pull it's weight.

I lowered my hand, as I heard the word baggage dropped into conversation.

Me?

My hands slapped both of my cheeks so loud the entire forest heard it.

"Please don't ignore me sir. Human or hybrid, apples or oranges, we're all co-existing right now...not everyone accepts your kind, yeah sure you are correct...but don't put that on my shoulders and expect me to wear it proudly."

What the hell am I saying?? SHUT UP Vi!

I gripped both arms, shuddering as violently as I have in a while, this guy said he was in control Something about that was just...downright terrifying. Drinking made me that much bolder of a person today it seems. My kind...keybladers, it feels like our goals and intentions were supposed to align against them, but co-existence was something I firmly believed, even against conventional eradication of hybrids, a philosophy that seems to rapidly picking up speed everywhere nowadays.

"So...I'll show you..."

It took everything I had to do what I was about to do, but I needed to show them...both of them. I slowly reached behind my back and held my key blade, looking steadily at it. A flash of his face appeared in my mind, the last time I ever saw him...and I took one step back, turned, and threw my Grigori towards the woods as hard as I could.

"I'm...not done..."

My legs were already weak, but I dropped to both knees and I kneeled, flipping both of my palms up empty, a practice in fencing my masters taught me to show no hostility and a complete lack of resistance. I proceeded to lean my head forward in a downward motion. It would be redundant to throw a weapon I could summon back if I didn't demonstrate first that I was serious.

"I'll tell you right now...so listen carefully sir. When I saw you...what I felt...I was really scared. So scared it reminded me of what happened to my home...and here you, the both of you are just exercising caution. Please don't ignore me...co-existence, it's what I'm looking for...against my teachings, against the moral code of my home...to be recognized by the sustained, the consumed, it doesn't matter so long as-"

Shit!

I could hear heartless popping up around me, they must've noticed my key blade was gone.

Screwed, screwed, screwed!!

They seemed to completely ignore both of the hybrids here, they were only interested in me, maybe I was taking a gamble here, but resisting would shatter my argument wide open. So I chose to let go, and accept the circumstances I'd set for myself. Hoping either of them would budge.

Key Wielder

Awards
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]They didn’t have Keyblades.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“Huh. Could’ve fooled me.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Did you hit your head or something?[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“Given that I’m currently in yours, I think you should know the answer to that already.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Funny.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“Thanks.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Sarcasm aside, they were definitely on the same page there. Henry was unfamiliar to Yoake, but with Sevastian’s involvement earlier, she could have sworn he’d be one of the few, the proud, the ridiculously overconfident wielders. That they didn’t actually have Keyblades of their own didn’t mean they weren’t still potential threats, but it was a point in their favor nevertheless.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Still, Yoake wasn’t about to throw her lot in with a bunch of fugitives and pretend that they were friends, so she merely sank into one of the seats Renn activated and murmured, “Yoake Aki. Pleasure.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]More of one than whatever world could possibly be called Halloween Town, that was for sure. She’d heard of the alleged holiday before, though they didn’t observe or celebrate it in her village. It was sort of a...tasteless occasion, from what the elders had imparted on them. People dressed in foolish costumes, frequently mocking others in their ridiculous imitation of them, and pranced around doing all manner of awful things. Intoxication was rife, and children consumed the most unhealthy concoctions imaginable. All in all, not exactly of interest to Yoake.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]That was why she frowned at the suggestion and inquired, “What’s in Halloween Town?”[/FONT][/FONT]

Deimos

Awards
Sarcasm alert.

Trace sensed a rather weak defense here, the woman hardly looked of santa and her little elf. His eyes and brows briefly expanded with what looked like a mouth full of razor sharp teeth. His face disfigured briefly looking at her, his amber eyes flashed yellow as the heartless within was shrieking and laughing excitedly, but there was no audio, just a flash of malevolence traceable in Trace's face.

"I love a good sense of humor," he said without hesitation, musing even further. Her heartless dog was doing laps around it's master with excitement, where his owl pecked into its body occasionally and looked forward eerily with its two huge yellow eyes.

“Sorry, you’ve got me confused with someone else. I’m just passing through. Dropping off some baggage.”

Trace placed placed the tip of his thumb in his mouth and bit rather firmly, til he drew blood. He snickered, as if this were some kind of magnetism he were experiencing. The warm fluid trailed down his hand, and touched the dirt, it was then the other one spoke, he'd almost completely forgotten about the keyblader there, and his eyes slowly shift menacingly at the girl.

"Oh? Your still here? I thought you'd of scurried off to your life of light by now dear. The hybrids are talking, be a dear and move along won't you?"

Just let me eat her Trace. Whole.

He could smell it, it was dripping off her. This was the smell of fear, her body was trembling so hard it was truly hard to ignore. Whenever Anti was in the presence of this kind anxiety, it licked it's lips with anticipation. Oddly enough, this young woman was likely the baggage that Santa and her little elf spoke of. Trace took but a single step forward and pulsed darkness in the form of a crushing pressure.

Murderous intent.
[Music Here On Out]

If you thought the woman was panicking before, she struggled to talk from there on out. It was absolutely wonderful, but he listened to what she had to say, and was rather surprised.

"What kind of fool do you take us for girl. You can just call it ba-"

"I'm...not done..."

This human...was clearly a fanatic like he was. Only a mascochist would make themselves this vulnerable in the presence of a hybrid, it was as though she was inviting her number one foe to the party. The heartless, but, that part wasn't completely her fault as Trace helped that problem along.

He immediately recognized this form of submission, extremely rare, but he got the message loud and clear.

"So you're just that eager to die aren't you? Never have I seen a keyblader be in such a rush to the grave...but what the hell...you're not boring to me."

So came the heartless' descent and convergence in a tight radius between Trace and the woman.

"So Santa. You gonna save your vassal here? You can call me John Wick by the way, I think I'd be ready to kill if someone was about to murder my dog...I mean baggage, wouldn't you say?"

Trace started laughing uncontrollably as he heartless got closer and closer to the woman. This was rich, the less keybladers in the way the better, but he was literally waiting to the very last moments to let her suffer or to see if she'd defend herself. Anti's appetite wouldn't accept it if she just died pointlessly to the fodder of pureblood heartless, shadows.

Trace leaned down as the heartless encroached around the woman.

"I want you to take a good look at my face young woman. I want to see the fear in your eyes right before the last moments of what looks to be your pathetic life. You want co-existence? You damn well better try harder than giving yourself to the hands of the enemy, what good are you to me and Santa dead??"

His face contorted to a black mesh and his yellow eyes surged to the size of grapefruits. This was a partial transformation of his face into Anti itself, one that would give any sane and controlled person chills. Trace took enjoyment in playing head games with humans, this was pure, unadulterated despair being projected. He placed his hand over his face after she looked up and reverted it back to normal, covered with a heinous smile.

"Kid-ding. Bray...wipe them."

His heartless owl opened it's mouth and the single most terrifying thing happened. You couldn't hear a damn thing.

It's razor sharp wing whipped around the circle and sliced through the small mob of shadow, and you couldn't hear so much as a single splatter as they dropped HP and munny in their wake, being drawn into the girl, who was still shaking.

He walked past, his foot steps were silent, she must've saw the heartless suddenly disintegrate, but there was no audio to confirm it, and his footsteps were silenced as well, up until he was a ways away and closer to the hybrid to which he stopped directly in front of. Leaning in, he whispered uncomfortably close.

"The secret is madness. Overwhelm the fucker with it."

He laughed a bit, and also offered up something else useful.

"I think that keyblader is suicidal...hanging around us...I'm sure you understand. She reeks of alcohol, probably pissed herself just now after looking at me. Anyway, I'm not in the business of harming my kind so you were fine no matter what happened. But man, humans fascinate me to no end."

Last edited:
Awards
This guy is freaking creepy. Drawing his own blood for... hell, the fun of it, Cal guesses.

One
menacing step towards the keyblader and… her would-be travel companion looked completely screwed.

Now, if Cal was the hero, she would have swooped in there in-between the defenseless girl and the heartless, jumped to the defense of the keyblader with Sparky at her heels.

If Cal was the hero, she would have apologized to the girl for being such an asshole, I didn’t mean it I’m sorry let’s be friends?

But Cal isn’t a hero. Cal simply watches as the hybrid torments her. Carefully masking the conflicting emotions that thrum at her chest. Sparky, that little shit of a dog, was stronger than her. At least he stayed by the girl’s side, despite being surrounded. Stupid mutt got attached too easily, stupid mutt...

Cal, on the other hand, is damned. Besides the hints of concern that flit across her face, witnessing the lone keyblader be terrorized in a circle of Heartless, oddly, thrilled her. Just like in Machinecken Town. Flickers of the grim carnage and chaos returned to her as she witnesses the circle of heartless nipping at the keyblader’s feet.

“Vassal? That’s a funny joke,” Cal responds flatly, then repeats at length, feigning uninterest at the quickly crumbling situation, and her crumbling resolve. “Baggage.”

Dante, meanwhile, sounds like he's licking his lips at the possibility of carnage. Interestinginteresting so interesting!

Cal strips off her gloves in a flick of her hand, angles the toe of her shoe outward. Ready to descend because even she refuses to have this girl end up a heartless, one of them. And suddenly… He’s too close. The hybrid is… Waaay too close. One touch and dust. One swipe of her hand and she could have his throat.

It’s been a long, long time since she’s played in a chaotic sandbox of her own. She’d gotten too comfortable, too complacent, in her relative lull of somewhat peace. Dante wiggles in glee at the promising blood, urged by a hybrid who seemed far too gone, Consumed.

Cal can just barely contain It. Can barely stand It.

“Cal.”

If she answers his questions, will he go away? Hell, at least… leave the kid be?

“The name’s,” shamefully, through clenched teeth, she carefully slides her black gloves back on, keeping her gaze locked on the other hybrid just inches away from her. She’s reminded, again, how disfigured and deformed he looked before, and shudders to think, That's her, from before. And that's where she’s headed. She’s staring at her own reflection. Cal shifts back on her foot, because any distance between them, no matter how minuscule, is better than being this goddamned close. “Calpurnia.”

Loud enough even for the girl to hear, to figure out that--surprise!--her name isn’t Maggie, [FONT=&quot]Magdelaine[/FONT] after all. Cal's fingers twitch, and suddenly the forest feels a lot colder, denser. Like the trees are twisting and closing in all around her. Keeping her rooted to the spot. No escape.

Stupid keyblader. The girl had basically gone belly-up right before two hybrids. Exposing her weakest point for god-knows what reason. Perhaps she put too much faith in Calpurnia. Trusting their faithful bump in the bar had been a promising sign of a friendship, when it was just a damn coincidence. Nothing more. And Cal, so stupid, had been too dumb to just… run away. Not get close. And now… it’s come to this. She surrendered her name.

When’s the last time she gave up her full name like this? Knowing the blood on her hands? During the beginning of her being swallowed by darkness, when Dante was so much more powerful than her and she had barely any chance to fight it? She’d hurt so many people back then, she was...

Mad. Overwhelmed.

Yeah, she knows all about that. Shit messes with your brain. Probably did this guy’s, too, and she promised herself to never return to that point after so much running, hiding, crying.

purgatory

Awards
What was I doing here?

I could hear the sound of his voice...berating my conviction, I didn't know what else I could do. Running? No good. Aggressing? No good either. For the first time in the time that's passed us by, I felt like the outsider here among hybrids and heartless. I didn't belong here, and they made it abundantly clear.

Looking up at his face, I shirked in terror, this hybrid...what was he? Was he consumed...? No...I'd be dead if he was, but he was extremely abhorrent for a sustained type.

I threw up, again.

My stomach turned inside out, was there no getting through to either of them? He was laughing at me, I was clearly too naive here, but I'd probably never get the chance. The heartless were basically there, my mind was at the brink, and this hybrid did what ground zero couldn't do.

I was devastated.

For a moment, the drums, the trees rustling, and even both of the hybrids voices...silenced. Complete and utter silence, the heartless on his shoulders slaughtered the shadows that were nearly upon me. There was a tiny glow in my eyes that now seemed lifeless. Maggie couldn't see it...but I was crying. I've been crying this entire time, so hard, so shocked I was struggling to breath as I looked at the now vacant space the other hybrid no longer occupied.

Gritting my teeth, I could feel them flowing down my cheeks, I didn't know what to say anymore. I haven't formed any relationships since home got destroyed, and I've been having my arm twisted here...what was the point? I did hear it earlier...I heard her name, what she said...and I never gave mine.

"Cal...Calpurnia...did I hear that right...?"

Grigori phased into the ground directly in front of me, my hands were shaking in my kneeling position, but they gripped the key blade and pulled myself up.

"Lets be...shamelessly transparent for a change..."

I turned around, you could see how flushed my face was, I still didn't even look like I was conscious. I slowly started taking steps towards them, my footsteps were slow and sluggish. I was exhausted, I was drunk, and I despaired the whole way through, and yet my body was moving on it's own.

"Light...darkness...hybrids...heartless...humans," i was stumbling as I walked, but I didn't care, "Who...diddlying...cares anymore! EVERYONE IS SUFFERING. But you don't have to make the rift any larger than it already is!"

"My name...is Vi. Vrivianne."
I thrusted my key blade forward and pointed it in their direction. "Lets make a friendly wager...hybrid to human...specifically you 'John Wick' or whatever..."

I swallowed hard, choosing my words carefully was a mistake, so I opted against that and went for transparency this time. "If either of you can catch me, then i'll agree to turn and become a hybrid. I'll even give up ownership of this key blade in the process...I can see that would probably happen if I did turn, can't be sure." My eyes hovered over and peered at Calpurnia this time, softening and actually being somewhat life-like. "But, if neither of you can...then you'll both travel with me, looking for someone...the person that, actually gave me this wretch of a key...you've got five minutes."

My hand shook a little bit, nervously, but I figured I could entice at least one of them with this wager. He made a comment before about trying harder.

This qualified.

"Lets go!" I pegged the door directly in the middle of them, if you blinked, you missed me entirely. I tapped the door and opened it, and quickly disappeared on the opposite side of it.

On to Christmas Town.

This felt like some Alice in Wonderland spiel, the drop distance between the door and tree felt like an eternity so I just fell. I swatted the door open, and instant felt the change in temperature. "Holy crap. S-s-soooo cold here!" I snapped another marker from Grigori's hilt and threw it as hard as I could. Chasing behind it, I jumped again putting me even further away, I had to, I was determined to win this wager.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Bahamut blinked as he looked down at the child in his hand and practically purred. "Well my child, there are countless worlds and countless destinies to fulfill. You might feel conflicted because at this point in your existence you aren't sure who you are, who you want to be or just where this life may take you." Bahamut extended his wings upward, causing a rain of magical dust and small scales to all upon Andrew. "You may not have the same type of destiny as Noctis, yet your place in the worlds and on Eos is frankly...much more grandiose than you might be able to fathom at this point in time."

The glow of the room intensified as an image of Astral Ifrit flashed through Andrew's line of sight. "You have a special ability to ease the darkness that dwells within the very souls of those that come into contact with you my child. The great evils that plague the separate worlds call out to the deepest part of your soul and because of this, you have a destiny that is like no other." Another image of Ifrit appeared before Andrew but this time the heat radiating from the Astral's body was so intense that Andrew could feel it. "I won't go into great detail as to why you can communicate with the Astrals but there are two different reasons." Bahamut muttered something else in the ancient language and closed his hand around Andrew, amounting to a pressure that was for a second, so excruciating that he'd lost the sense of sight.

Before opening his hand once more Bahamut said, "Your new companion seems to have a deep connection to you, so you share a bond that has triggered a destined path. Absolon knows myself, Shiva, Ifrit, and Leviathan." Andrew's sight returned after Bahamut stopped speaking and Topsy was revealed to be in a crumpled heap on the Astral God's palm alongside Andrew.

"Your heritage holds many secrets that will explain many questions you have my child. Brave your path and remember that I exist in many forms across many worlds and realms but have always been desired by humans for my power." He paused, "Just as you will at some point." Bahamut then flicked both Andrew and Topsy from his palm, causing them to fall into the abyss below, only to land on Bahamut's back again in his dragon form. The corridor vanished as Bahamut flew into open air above Halloween Town.

Topsy woke up and rubbed his face, "Ugh..what the hell??" He gazed at Andrew and blushed, rubbing his hand. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that. I don't know what happened. I probably pushed myself too hard summoning this beast here. I swear I had the oddest dream. You were this huge monster and something that reminded me of Ifrit was...ugh nevermind."

Bahamut snarled...."Trash talking human. Wait until we visit the original world and I drop one of my swords on you."

Topsy laughed, "Pfft, what are you talking about big guy?? Having final fantasies again?? Unbelievable."

"So destined chi...I mean Andrew, where you you like me to land?? Topsy is on punishment right now."

Deimos

Awards
This was a reasonable response.

"So Santa. Your name is Calpurnia? You finally feel like talking to me then? Wonderful."

Trace began chipping away at that ego of the hybrid, all of them had it and there was no escaping that fact. Sure, some hybrids were kind, but as much acts, be them intentional or otherwise, those of them that sinned were dominated by their history. This reluctance, this defiance...lack of control, was telling to Trace.

He chuckled, noticing the singe coming from her hand, visibly faint, but the smell was strong.

"Guessing the gloves aren't just for show eh? You get more fascinating...and attractive in the passing moments Cal."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha~! Erotic much? CERTAINLY!

Shut up you damned pervert.

Trace rubbed his head, his ears twitched again, coming from behind him. It was the the girl again, calling for Cal?

"You just don't get it keyblader. You don't know when to keep your head down either it seems. Get lost or i'll rip your heart out and eat it myself."

"Light...darkness...hybrids...heartless...humans," i was stumbling as I walked, but I didn't care, "Who...fucking...cares anymore! EVERYONE IS SUFFERING. But you don't have to make the rift any larger than it already is!"

"Ugh. That literally has nothing to do with either of us. So what? So others are suffering, so casualties happened, what are you doing about it other than bitching needlessly. I don't see a plan to kill off one side or bring them together anywhere in what your saying...sooo...where are you going with this pointless rambling? You sound like a naive child brainwashed by a sheltered academy life. If you got nothing valuable to say Fuck off or get ripped apart."

She proceeded to give Trace her name. Look at that, valuable information. Progress boys.

"Lets make a friendly wager...hybrid to human...specifically you 'John Wick' or whatever...If either of you can catch me, then i'll agree to turn and become a hybrid. I'll even give up ownership of this key-"

Did she say turn? TURN?? DON'T IGNORE HER! TRACE!!!

His mouth watered at the mere thought, nothing else after that was even remotely interesting. Gutsy move by the human, a keyblader hybrid would make for an excellent peon to his guild. Already contemplating how he'd train her to be a perpetual killing machine, and training her to grip the heartless under her heel.

But there was a catch, he caught it in time.

"You want traveling companions...? You mean trash like you wants hybrid company? We'll just kill you...theres no way you can take two of us. You really are a fucking moron, just let me end this by touching you this inst-"

Poof. She was gone, just like that, tapping the door mere feet behind Calpurnia and Trace.

"Wh--ok. That'd serve to not get killed by us, I can see where the sudden confidence came from." Trace said aloud to Cal. "You're not gonna chase this girl at all, are you. Your face says it all."

Trace pondered momentarily, the clock had already started as he looked at his watch, he could kill about two minutes. Bray pecked into it's feathers, fluffing up and dropping to the ground to interact with her heartless dog. His eyes briefly looked up as he caught wind of what appeared to be a flying dragon of some sort moving towards the town square, the opposite direction of his current goal.

"Don't leave yet. I'll make you a deal, whether we catch the girl or not, i'll train you to drastically turn the tides and overcome your heartless. The only catch is, you have to actually try and catch her. Besides, if you leave, my heartless is just gonna track you down, it's grown fond of your company. Make this easy on yourself Cal." Trace took a step forward and opened the door, pausing momentarily. "It's Trace. See ya soon babe."

He jumped through the tree and began to head towards Christmas Town.

Calpurnia. Vrivianne. What kind of train wreck did I walk into.

There was a soft tap as Trace landed, coming out of the tree, it was snowing. He looked forward, and saw foot steps, but they disappeared after like six steps.

"This girl seriously moved that far...no scent due to the snow, no footprints, and out of range to sense that damned blade on her hip. Shit. This is gonna take too long by myself." Trace stood up and exhaled.

"Anti, are their heartless in Christmas Town?"

In disguise, yes.

"Pool them in front of Santa's workshop...we'll play with her morals to smoke her out. A keyblader of light isn't going to just let the innocent suffer. Lets play with her morals a bit."

Trace jogged down the hill and kept running until he was in front of the workshop. He knocked on the door. No response. So he raised his fist and punched straight through the door, heartless started to spawn outside and enter the home of santa 1 by 1 in a single file line. The living room was empty, so that only left the actual work shop.

"Alright Vi. Make this easy on yourself, I'd really love you turn your sweet ass into a hybrid. Let's not complicate this any further than it needs to go."

The heartless marched in front of Trace into the workshop. The assembly lines were moving at optimal speed, manned only by machines, not an elf in sight. At the control panel, no Santa? This was definitely odd, if he had to guess, she'd gotten them to evacuate rather quickly.

Damn, how fast did she teleport here?? I only used close to two minutes. Unless...she can move objects and people too. OH FUCK.

A giant gift dropped from the ceiling above and would've pancacked Trace if he didn't quickly jump to the side.

Trace laughed really hard, "Ok, that was funny. You actually did have a plan. Now...where are you..."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- The Seventh Serpent -~

He wandered through the streets, relishing in the empty despair that hung in the town. He knew that it was because of the recent disappearance. He looked up at the laboratory that Jack Skellington was working feverishly away in, trying to figure out what kind of dark cloud had come to hang over his town. Turning his back, the enigma moved headed for the graveyard, he could sense the hybrids lurking there and even the heart of a keyblader. A sinister smirk came to his face, red-grey eyes peeked out from white bangs. His eyes scanned the list in his hand as he went over who was missing from the town.

Sally
Oogie Boogie
The Mayor
Dr. Frankenstein
The three witches
The vampires
Some of the elves....

The list went on for the missing residents. He saw two hybrids talking with a keyblader, and that caught his attention. Watching as the keyblader fled, he glanced into the sky, ignoring the rest of the conversation. He saw the dragon that entered, and he felt the hearts up above. A smile spreading across his face, the enigma focused back on his current task. Summoning a portal he stepped through it, upon exiting he found Santa Claus. He eyed the jolly man, who seemed surprised about him being there. Lifting up a gloved hand, he brushed his hair out of his eyes and examined the target. He could see that Santa was about to say something, but he couldn't have Santa draw needless attention now could he? Attacking the man, he knocked the head figure of Christmas Town into a portal.

Rolling across the floor of the corridor, he quickly shut the exit on them, trapping the two inside the corridor. Picking himself up from the ground, he dusted off his clothes and looked at Santa. "How about we give you a new makeover?" He chuckled, slowly approaching Santa with his hand outstretched.

~- The Dragon Doesn't Make Sense -~

Andrew listened to Bahamut, reaching out a hand he caught some of the smaller scales and light that drifted down. He saw the illusion of Astral Ifrit, his blood running cold at the demonic imagery of the once warm fire spirit. Taking a step back, Andy was about to protest to the the idea but opted to stay quiet instead. He could feel the pressure building in the back of his skull, Bahamut spoke again, "You have a special ability to ease the darkness that dwells within the very souls of those that come into contact with you my child. The great evils that plague the separate worlds call out to the deepest part of your soul and because of this, you have a destiny that is like no other."

There was a sudden spike in the heat levels as Ifrit appeared again, making Andy feel as if he was running a fever. Looking away from the imagery even as he listened, Andrew was suddenly caught off guard as Bahamut tightened his grip on him. Andrew was acutely aware of the pressure, his sight darkening to the point he had a hard time focusing on what was being said, if there was anything at all. Once the pressure let up, Andy was on his knees panting as he tried to get his focus to return. When it did he saw Topsy in a crumpled heap next to him, and given the recent ordeal he went through Andrew's heart leapt into his throat. Looking to Bahamut, he was about to demand what had happened but the Astral dragon said, "Your heritage holds many secrets that will explain many questions you have my child. Brave your path and remember that I exist in many forms across many worlds and realms but have always been desired by humans for my power. Just as you will at some point."

Andrew shook his head, he didn't plan on getting Bahamut's power at all. He didn't want to force anyone to help him, and he could hear that Bahamut seemed reluctant to help out. Head swimming with information, Andrew got ready to say as much when he was flicked off of Bahamut's palm. Falling through the abyss, Andrew landed hard on Bahamut's back.

Rolling over with a groan, he listened to the banter between the dragon and his summoner. Stifling his laughter, Andrew looked out over the dark town before them. Something felt off in this world, there was a sadness clinging to it that had him wanting to run. He thought he sensed some hybrids, but he couldn't be a hundred percent sure on it.

"So destined chi...I mean Andrew, where you you like me to land?? Topsy is on punishment right now."

Blinking slowly, Andrew focused back on Bahamut as he tried to figure out where to have Bahamut land. Looking back over the side he saw a graveyard that had appeared, leaning over the side to get a better look Andy asked, "How about down there? And thank you Bahamut, I appreciate the ride and help you've provided." He glanced at Topsy and thought about scolding him, but instead added, "Please don't hurt him, he might be rude and bold, but I..." Andy trailed off, his face growing warm as he focused back on the ground.

~- Testing the Waters -~

“What’s in Halloween Town?”

Henry looked at Yoake, he could tell that she didn't trust them for whatever reason. Shooting a look in Sevastian's direction, he asked silently, "What did you do this time?" He knew it was mean to word it that way, but he remembered that Sevastian was the one most likely to get into a fight back home out of the triplets, which had always irritated Henry to no end. He focused back on Yoake, who'd taken one of the chairs so Henry had to look up at her. He didn't show any outward sign of distrust as he answered, "To tell you the truth? I don't know, but something's calling me there. I'm sorry, I know that's not a satisfactory answer but it's all I've got."

He was honestly sorry, even if his expression and voice didn't show it. He shook his head, trying to clear it from Izanami's chatter (more of complaints given the sudden flood of souls). He looked at Yoake and Renn and commented half-heartedly, "Unless you two have a better idea, then we can go there." He glanced at Sevastian, who was uncharacteristically spaced out. "Oi, Savy, what's up? You've been awfully quiet since the jail cells." It was at that point he focused back on Yoake and added to her specifically, "I don't know if you're upset on that, but trust me, breaking out was the best option for us. You didn't want to be experimented on and converted to a Hybrid, did you? Because that's what the king's plan was for us."

purgatory

Awards
Truth be told, it didn't matter how fast I got there. No one was actually there.

2 minutes earlier...

I crushed an ether in my hands, transpositioning was no joke, it took some serious magic. I often had to stock pile on ethers normally prior to going anywhere or doing anything. That hybrid would just walk in and find me if I didn't get as far away, as fast as possible. I had all kind of guilty pleasures going through my head as I was gliding across the sky riding the momentum of my last jump looking down at the workshop. I landed on the merry-go-round, in the courtyard, heartless on the left and right sides of the workshop spawned the second they spotted me.

"Sorry! I don't have time for you right now!"

I'll let you in on a little secret, if you haven't figured it out already, I can basically move across large distances right? Now, heres the part you don't know. I can come out anywhere within the three meter radius of where my prepared destination is. Sounds relatively simple sure, but think about it like this, say theres a door right and I don't know whats on the other side of that door. Because my movement has a radial affect, meaning it covers an ellipse of an area, I can appear on the other side of a door so long as it's within that three meters. Normally, keybladers would have to unlock a door to pass through it, not entirely true when you can leave them locked and bypass the precious time having to do just that.

The remnants of a dark portal lingered away as I stood in the living room. Hmm?

My feet tapped the mats, I couldn't hear anything save for machinery coming from the workshop. Looking around, the place was virtually empty, I really wondered what was going on. This undoubtedly was going to be more of a hassle.

"Ok it's been about a minute already, I should get set up. Weird theres no one else here..."

I started marking multiple different size gifts, specifically the jumbo sized ones, and spread them to cover a decent amount of the warehouse. My only aim here was to drain the clock without giving away my position right away if at all. Truthfully, I was hiding in the metal lift just next to the catwalk. It had a mirror, and iron box I could see from my crouched position. Eventually I heard it, the footsteps of heartless striding through the door. When the hybrid got in position of the first trap, the huge gift nearly trampled him, but he move at the last possible second like a wild animal.

"Ok, that was funny. You actually did have a plan. Now...where are you..."

I was gonna something I'd never tried before, a momentum transfer. The gift I moved to the hybrid wasn't moving already, probably why he jumped out of the way so quickly. Looking at the conveyor belt, there were three that were moving pretty fast that I also tagged. I just needed him to...wait a second. As I gripped my grigori tight, I realized I didn't need to make him move, he was already close...close to the box I just dropped, of course!

Three move boxes came flying in from his left field of vision, they were spaced out by moving sideways just like they were off the conveyor cutting a horizontal orientation as they moved. Now heres the cool part, I moved them one by one so I could move the next one at a tighter angle than the last and next to the other. All this anxiety I was having was starting to make me really think harder than usual, I was hoping the effects of the alcohol would completely disappear soon, I felt a bit dizzy.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
"well honestly... I suppose we can go to Halloween town...we have the freedom to visit any world right now although I'm usually the type to go someplace to get something done then head back to where I'm needed which is my home in radiant garden...But if any of you do not object let's head for Halloween town!" Renn decided to wait for anyone who did want to speak up. He wasn't trying to be rude at this point So he waited before taking the wheel. "last time I'm going to ask... is there anywhere anyone else wants to go? if not we're going to Halloween town."

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Syn finally emerged from the other end of the Dark Corridor. The town was dark and gloomy, everything inhabiting it was twisted and deformed. Halloween Town, he'd heard of the holiday on other worlds before and could only imagine that this was what it looked like. He made Hybrid's Wail disappear, he didn't need protection again yet. This looked like it was supposed to be a busy town square, but there didn't seem to be anyone around. From what he could tell, there was something going on here before the inhabitants vanished, leaving tables and things strewn about.

A loud booming wind sound alerted Syn to looking up in to the sky. He noticed the dragon that had appeared at Machinecken Castle descending to the surface. That meant those two would be here, the blond guard he believed was called Andrew and the half-naked man who's name he still hadn't caught. He sighed and decided to head to the dragons landing point, taking note of all the possible people who would be missing from the town. A table with a few items that looked for sale and one that was on the ground, probably being observed for purchase before the vanishing. A booth that may have been for checking in to the event. A platform with a microphone stand that was knocked over. That's at least four missing people.

In the distance he noticed a few other people conversing. It looked like they were in an uncomfortable situation before dispersing. With a shrug he continued forward. If he could classify anyone as a "friend" it would definitely be the man who helped him defeat the king. Within a short few minutes, he believed himself to be at the spot that the dragon would land when it fell, and looked up to see if they would notice he was waiting. A graveyard seemed like a fitting place to land a dragon.

Key Wielder

Awards
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“Halloween Town is fine,” Yoake waved Renn off dismissively. It wasn’t as though she had any better ideas, much as she hated to admit it even to herself. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Glancing back at Henry with narrowed eyes, she paused to survey his expression for the lie she already knew wouldn’t be there. Yeah, she’d been aware that something was off; the people in Machinecken Town were simply too happy to function, which was a glaring variance from every other world she’d ever heard of. The fact that they’d escaped a similar fate by breaking the law, however, was only mildly comforting. What about everyone else? They were Hybrids, so it wasn’t worth caring what happened to them? [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Some heroes[/FONT][FONT=&quot], she scoffed silently, her thoughts lingering on the others that had been dragged to the castle as well. If it had been Topsy and the other one, they’d probably have launched a rescue mission—said it was what wielders did and that they couldn’t leave them behind. At least, in Renn’s case. These two allegedly weren’t and therefore might have helped them on principle.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It didn’t erase the fact that Machinecken Town was nothing more than a memory, lost to the realm of darkness or sleep if it was fortunate. If it wasn’t, Yoake didn’t even want to imagine what would await it on the other side of the veil that separated the living world from its counterpart.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]But they were fine, so it was okay, right? [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Ridiculous.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“If you’re lucky, maybe your answer is still out there anyway. Besides, that place was too far gone.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Aren’t Keyblade wielders supposed to drag worlds back from the brink?[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“Yeah, but...”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]But what?[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A pause, then, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Nobody can save everyone.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Well, that much was definitely certain. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Sighing, Yoake turned away from Henry and stared out of the cockpit window at the stars as they zoomed past on their way to a world unknown. Maybe it was no use—maybe the lost in Machinecken Town were the lucky ones. At least they wouldn’t have to live with the guilt of having been part of what brought the world crashing down.[/FONT][/FONT]

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Against the Stream -~

“What’s in Halloween Town?”

Sevastion had to pull himself once more out of his thoughts. He'd been stupid, he knew that. Even with all of that water to work with, directing those water dragons still required a ton of energy. He hadn't even been able to take care of the Dead Man; Topsy had summoned the freaking King of Dragons to do the deed. Sevastion had heard tales of Bahamut, and what he had seen certainly lived up to those tales.

He hadn't been keen on letting Topsy leave with Andrew, but as he knew, using that much of Susanoo's power took it's toll. The lines had blurred, and Sevastion had gone on autopilot as he'd been consumed in the memories of the storm god, their minds and experiences fully merged for a short span of time. The memory that stood out the most had been Susanoo's battle against Orochi, the eight headed dragon that had terrorized villages monthly until his wrath had been quelled by Susanoo, earning him the same Imperial Treasure that Sevastion carried with him now.

"Oi, Savy, what's up? You've been awfully quiet since the jail cells."

So much for focusing on what was in front of him. Sevastion shook his head, clearing the scene of scales and snarling teeth from his mind as he said, "Sorry; got sucked into Susanoo's memories back there and couldn't do anything but ride them out." Turning to face Renn and Yoake, Sevastion said, "Andrew's going to Halloween Town; there's things I still need to ask him, and while Flopsy seems like he could be a decent enough guy, I'm not leaving that kid alone with him longer than I need to."

Sevastion grew quiet again, this time studying Yoake. This was only the second time that he'd been near her, but he didn't need to know her well to guess that she was pretty dead set against him because of his actions with the guards earlier. He wasn't going to apologize to her or make excuses for his behavior. Whether the guards had been in the right or the visitors had been was beside the point; that place was screwed up, the loss of the whole world sucked, and he couldn't stand someone's freedom being taken by force. If Yoake couldn't understand that the two of them had different ideologies...

Well, there was a reason she reminded him of Theresa.

~- Lost in the Darkness -~

Go, Leyla! Now!

Master, I can't...!

That's an order;
GO!

A swirling portal opened, spilling a young woman out beneath Moonlight Hill. She was on her feet almost instantly, whipping around to face the direction that the portal had opened from, only to find that it had closed already.

"No," Leyla whispered softly. A soft rustle drew her attention for the briefest of moment, and she had the distant confusion of wondering when she called her wings. She shook her head, quickly dismissing that thought for a later date, before trying to open a new portal. She wasn't going to leave Traverse Town like that, not when Anise was there by herself, fighting that she-demon alone...

The portal wouldn't work. Leyla tried again and again, growing more frantic each time that the portal refused to come to life, leaving the stretch of hillside before her just as quiet and peaceful as before. "No," she repeated, true panic starting to set in; "No, no, nonononononono..."

The portal still wouldn't open.

Leyla cried out, a soft sound of despair as she sunk to her knees beneath the spiraling crest of the hill. "Not again," she whispered. Her wings folded tight against her back, draping down to shield her vision in a blanket of silvery-white feathers as she repeated, "Not again, not again. I can't... I can't lose Traverse Town... Master Anise... Not after Orange Cove... Everyone..."

Four years. It had been been four years, and Traverse Town, against all odds, had become a second home to her. She cared about the residents, about Anise, learning magic and how to wield her Keyblade. She'd wanted to find a way to make Anise happy, to take that ever present sadness in her eyes away. But Leyla couldn't find her way back. She knew. Traverse Town had fallen.

She'd lost her home again...

Back