• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts at SDCC 2012!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Although news has been on the slow side as of late, that doesn't mean we're at a complete standstill on the Kingdom Hearts front! Thanks to hidemi_mad_dog, we've learned that there will be new Kingdom Hearts figurines featured at the Play Arts exhibit at the upcoming San Diego Comic Con! The event will take place at the San Diego Convention Center from July 12th - 15th! If you'll be attending, we highly recommend you check it out! Maybe they'll unveil the Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Play Arts we heard about in April?

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Re: New Kingdom Hearts Play Arts Featured at Comic Con!

I assume they will be the Dream Drop Distance figures they said would be made. I can't wait to see them :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yay, hopefully there will be a decent Riku figure this time around and also someone other besides just Sora and Riku. ^__^

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I hope a 16yr old Riku is made along side his MoM E form. *crosses fingers* > <

As much as I would like a 16 year old Riku, I don't really want them both from the same set :p I hope it has someone new to offer other than just Sora and Riku like Sephiroth said.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

As much as I would like a 16 year old Riku, I don't really want them both from the same set :p I hope it has someone new to offer other than just Sora and Riku like Sephiroth said.

Yep, and I finally would like a reasonable Riku-figure at all, preferable with a Way to the Dawn-Keyblade.
I already have Wisdom-Form Sora and the Roxas-figure (and Lightning and Hope from FF XIII and Sephiroth from FF AC), so Riku would be a great addition to that group.

The absolute kicker would probably a figure of Young Xehanort with his ethereal blades or another villain, like Xemnas or Ansem SoD (with double-bladed Soul Eater or the Guardian?).

My wildest dream would still be figures of Aqua, Terra and Ventus, but that is more than unreasonable for a figure-line concerning Dream Drop Distance.

Chistosa

Awards

I don't think having two Riku's would be a bad idea, Sora already has 1000000000. xD

Aqua, Terra, and Ventus figures would be awesome. ;w;

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I don't think having two Riku's would be a bad idea, Sora already has 1000000000. xD

Aqua, Terra, and Ventus figures would be awesome. ;w;

Oh I know he does, but its kind of annoying as it is haha :p I would of course love Terra, Aqua, and Ven the most but I don't think that will be happening yet it seems...

And you know who else? Donald and Goofy. Like what the crap? Why have they still not gotten figures?

Oh well...I do hope this set at least has a third character. I could see it having YMX. I really want Sora and Riku to come with a little Meow Wow and Komory Bat :p

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

The Play Arts figures always come out looking pretty nice, but since there are already nine different versions of Sora (ten, if you count a likely 3D version in the works), I hope they round the set out with some other characters. Any more Organization XIII, Disney, or Square would be great. TAV goes without saying.

Eventually though, I do want a Yen Sid and Master Xehanort complete with condescending facial expressions to stare at eachother endlessly from across the room. <3

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards

Eventually though, I do want a Yensid and Master Xehanort complete with condescending facial expressions to stare at eachother endlessly from across the room. <3

I never thought about that, but it would be rather awesome to have one like this. It would also be cool to have one with Masters Xehanort and Eraqus doing battle, in my opinion, but it would unfortunately probably never happen.

Thanks for the heads-up, Sign!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

YAY!!! More Play Arts figures for me to add to my collection on top of my KH1 Sora, KH2 Sora, Master, Valor, Wisdom, Final, Limit, Halloweentown, Christmastown, Jack Skellington, Roxas, Axel, Kairi, Riku, Mickey Org., King Mickey, Axel, KH Cloud, KH Sephiroth, Leon, Yuffie, FF Cloud, FF Sephiroth, and Aerith figures...crap...where am I gonna keep these new ones -__-

As nice as the Formation Arts figures are along with the Static Arts figures, I have to say that my favorite SE Arts have to be the Play Arts line because they can be posed and have nice little details. I still will never get why SE doesn't release the figures sequentially and why they are holding off on the inevitable BbS figures (I have seen so many comments in different places specifically for Ventus or Aqua figures). The figures so far have gone:

Series One (KH2) - KH2 Sora, Axel, Roxas, Kairi, all forms
Series Two (KH1) - Halloweentown Sora, KH Cloud, KH Sephiroth
Series Three (CoM???) - KH1 Sora, Riku, Org. Mickey (makes me think this set is from CoM)
Series Four (KH2) - Christmastown Sora, Jack, King Mickey

and now they are going to DDD. Obviously DDD will include DDD Sora because every set has to include some form of Sora or the heavens will freeze over, but I'm curious as to who else will be included. I believe the set will be small, probably 3 figures consisting of Sora (DDD), and then probably Riku (DDD), and I'm thinking possibly Neku (they did Jack, so world-specific characters are not banned). They haven't made a villain yet (Axel wouldn't be considered a villain in my book after Days and KH2, and Cloud and Sephiroth have been boss battles, but I wouldn't classify them as villains since we don't know their motives) so I doubt Xehanort or any of his incarnations will be made, but I'm really crossing my fingers that they hurry up and get me my Aqua figures soon (whether she be in Static, Play, or Formation Arts form)

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I want TWEWY, Riku, and YMX. That is all

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I think it's more than likely of DDD Riku & Sora, which is totally cool with me cause I still need a riku for my collection. but I really hope we see some surprising figure for the last part of the set. like Axel orr even TVA. Not likely, but totally awesome.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

I love the play arts figurines~ They're so lovely, and they have lots of detail! The only problem I found with them, was that they broke easily, might just be me though. XD

I'd love to see the KH3D figurines of both Sora and Riku. The TWEWY characters should get figurines too, but I get the feeling that won't happen.

CactusAce

Awards

I'll have to get one of these when they come out, I don't own any Play Arts at the moment.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I love the play arts figurines~ They're so lovely, and they have lots of detail! The only problem I found with them, was that they broke easily, might just be me though. XD

I'd love to see the KH3D figurines of both Sora and Riku. The TWEWY characters should get figurines too, but I get the feeling that won't happen.

It's not just you, I have unfortunately even purchased ones that were already broken in the box and you just couldn't tell till you took it out and their foot falls of >>.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

It's not just you, I have unfortunately even purchased ones that were already broken in the box and you just couldn't tell till you took it out and their foot falls of >>.
Well, it's not like KH characters even need two feet. I mean, god, what size are they? 20? One foot takes up the space of a normal person's two feet.
But that sucks, having the foot fall off. How much did you pay for it? Could you return it?
I'm glad there are more Play Arts coming. I haven't bought any of them, but I'm considering getting a 3D Sora and Riku. Though, if they had MX and TAV and Vanitas.... Especially Vanitas. He's awesome.
I wonder how many figures they'll have for KH3? Probably a ton.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I think it's more than likely of DDD Riku & Sora, which is totally cool with me cause I still need a riku for my collection. but I really hope we see some surprising figure for the last part of the set. like Axel orr even TVA. Not likely, but totally awesome.

The first Play Arts set ever had an Axel figure...making another ones would be pointless lol xP Also, I haven't played DDD outside of the demo or spoiled anything, but I haven't heard much reference to TVA in the game so I don't think they play a big part (I could be wrong seeing as I haven't spoiled the game at all), but I think they'll save TVA figures for a BbS set (which I think is bound to happen eventually since I have seen many requests for Aqua and Ventus)

SE released both Neku and Shiki figurines a while back. They couldn't be posed and they were extremely limited. They are very fragile and go for a lot nowadays considering they are extremely rare.

Neku Figure
Shiki/Eri Figure

I'll have to get one of these when they come out, I don't own any Play Arts at the moment.

Honestly, depending on who is made, if they do make just the outfits of Sora and Riku DDD, I don't think either of those will beat some of the figures that are out. My favorite Play Arts figures that I would recommend getting if you wanted to get a few would be either KH Sephiroth (the detail and the size of the wing are beautiful), Limit Form Sora (all the Soras look nice but this one is my personal favorite), Jack Skellington (he is to scale compared to the other figures in the way that he is taller and he comes with Zero), or Christmastown Sora (this one is pretty nice too).

THIS!!!!! I bought an authentic Valor Form Sora and his head wasn't attached and I can't get it back on with all the strength in the world O___O Sadly, there were only 350 Valor Forms ever made in the world (authentic ones at least) so I will take what I can get. On the plus side, when you super glue the head on, even those you can't pose it, it is barely noticeable.

3...maybe 4 at best. Remember, I doubt KH3 is going to introduce any radically new characters into the fray so I doubt they'll need to make that many for them. If they were going to make TVA they'll do so in a BbS set, so I think the only ones I can see them doing for KH3 would be a new Sora, Riku, and Kairi if they get new outfits (they have yet to make any villain from the series so I wouldn't bet on any Xehanorts or Vanitas)

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Well, it's not like KH characters even need two feet. I mean, god, what size are they? 20? One foot takes up the space of a normal person's two feet.
But that sucks, having the foot fall off. How much did you pay for it? Could you return it?
I'm glad there are more Play Arts coming. I haven't bought any of them, but I'm considering getting a 3D Sora and Riku. Though, if they had MX and TAV and Vanitas.... Especially Vanitas. He's awesome.

Nah I just glued it back on haha. It's okay.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If you'll be attending SDCC, you can find and play KH3D at the following locations:

Square Enix Booth
HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance], Sleeping Dogs, TOMB RAIDER
San Diego Convention Center, Booth 3829

Nintendo Lounge
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] and HEROES OF RUIN
Mariott Marquis & Marina – San Diego Ballroom
333 W. Harbor Drive
Thursday, July 12 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Friday, July 13 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday, July 14 9:30 a.m. – 7
p.m.; Sunday, July 15 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Check out Gamerevolution for more information as to what Square Enix has to offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back