• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Battle Quotes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Has Vanitas in the list, gets love.
Seriously though. I feel weird watching those, yet its fun xD

Silverwarrior

I have the BQs from Days, Recoded, and BBS somewhere :)

Ah ah found it! I've put them in a folder if people want it. The BBS quotes are a bit weird, because when they were extracted, they were sped up, so had to manually slow them down.

Dropbox link

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
I have the BQs from Days, Recoded, and BBS somewhere :)

Ah ah found it! I've put them in a folder if people want it. The BBS quotes are a bit weird, because when they were extracted, they were sped up, so had to manually slow them down.

Dropbox link

You have to download them or have an account in order to hear it. :\

Silverwarrior

Yeah, you can download them a zip if you want without an account. There's so many that making a video would take forever.

Sorry :(

redcrown

Awards
To this day I still want to see and know the process of how they did the double voice dialogue and battle quotes, especially with Riku-Ansem.

Just to see how much work it took to get the voices and inflections in unison with each other, if one voice had to be more emotive and one more dead, how it reflects the condition of the character being possessed vs possessor. If the actors had to be in the same room and practice together. I always have found it interesting, but it's never been delved into or talked about.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Thought it was a bit weird hearing this, haha. How did they get the quotes, anyway?

Silverwarrior

So the days and recoded quotes are easy, they're stored in what's called the sdat files in the snd directory in the ds disc. You can get an sdat decompressor, and this spits them out as wavs (i think the extractor has an autoconverter) - as a note you can get all the music for this game in a format analogous to midi (no instrument info), and then you can also get bank information which contains the instrument sounds - this means that for example destati (which uses a real choir,) the wav sample will contain the choir recording, and the notes used in the midi analogue, won't correspond to the notes the choir are singing, it will just refer to a note e.g. F, and that note will be map to the choir singing 'forza tendi la mano'. That is only true for pre-recorded samples including the more complex percussion, lyrical choir, and the saxes in traverse town and lazy afternoons

The exception to the midi analogue is the streamed tracks (DB, Passion/Sanctuary/S&C, etc) and music that's used in the pre-rendered cutscenes .

The BBS voices were a lot harder. What I did was unpack the game; when I was in another forum, nobody could find the voice files. I noticed there was a file called SSCF (which I thought sounded like it could be a voice container), and ran it through a program that could find wav headers, and it turned out that each sscf was like a container for character voices, sfx, and battle dialog. However they were all sped up, so had to use audacity to try and get them to sound normal.

I think I asked Corey Burton once, how dual voicing was done, and he said that typically it would be the lead of who recorded the dialog first, the second person would then listen and have to match them with help from the direction. (I think that of the Ventus-vanitas merged voices, ven is very hard to hear.)

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Thanks a bunch guys, this is indeed one awesome thing to share. Some time ago it was hard to find the extracted battle quotes, and now it's amazing that we have them crystal-clear and organized <3

and darn, Xemnas sounds waaaaaay too deep in DDD, never noticed before kinda scared me, sounded like an angry gorilla no offense, I still like the character but mannn

Ree

thanks for sharing those! i LOVE HJO as Sora in KH1, God-tier voice ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back