• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS BBS E3 2010 Trailer Redemption!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Everything matters.

On Topic though, I never really understood the point of fandubs... especially when someone is already being dubbed professionally (and better).

That is why.

And these people are not trained voice actors. They're doing it for fun. They shouldn't have to have a reason.

TwilightChaser37

Heyy Soluus. It's finee. I can stand on my own two feet. ;) Heyy if he wants to continue being a completely ridiculous ass, let him. Just gives the higher ups all the more reason to give himm warnings to be banned off the forums.
Nowhere below does it say "this fandub will redeme the trailer since the official dub sucks!"

It is saying, "Aw, man, it's sad that you don't like the official dub so we've brought you a fandub to cheer you guys up."

If you're going to continue being an ass, I'm just going to delete your negative comments.

CGNET

Everything matters.

On Topic though, I never really understood the point of fandubs... especially when someone is already being dubbed professionally (and better).

Well uh, the thread title does say "Redemption".

My own fandubs are usually made before it hits North American and Europe, so fans can hear it without the Japanese voices months before it's official release.

TwilightChaser37

Okayy y'kno guyz?? sorry if i put "redemption". It was supposedly a joke so just deal with it. Andd our teams hadd funn doin this soo this was not to prove anything except that fandubs are not getting the kind of good comments and critiquing comments we need to get better.

but o well... the only one with the best VA'ing experience here is Mike

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Sorry for being a jerk, I will admit that I was being one. But when you put "Redemption" in the title, it sounds like you guys think you're better than the official dub, which isn't true and that is pretty much what caused me to make the comment that I did.

The official dub is clearly much better, but I never really like fandubs that much anyway :/
Without doing comparisons, my final opinion is that it's okay for the fact that it is a fandub... but it really shouldn't be compared to the official dub.

TwilightChaser37

I neverr ever meant to compare this with the original finalized thing. I just wanted to post this to share. Andd I like i mentioned before, i didn't mean to put "redemption"
Sorry for being a jerk, I will admit that I was being one. But when you put "Redemption" in the title, it sounds like you guys think you're better than the official dub, which isn't true and that is pretty much what caused me to make the comment that I did.

The official dub is clearly much better, but I never really like fandubs that much anyway :/
Without doing comparisons, my final opinion is that it's okay for the fact that it is a fandub... but it really shouldn't be compared to the official dub.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
I apologize if I sound like an ass but that made me laugh xD
I think I'll go with the original one better.....

again sorry if I sound like an ass....I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible :x

EDIT: tho I do like the fact that you keep the sound effects like the keyblade slashing and magic. most fandubs don't have that so cool :D

TwilightChaser37

Thankss!!! I've always wantedd to BAttle Dub something after gettin the idea from Kiramaru16. Go checkk himm out on youtube!! He's got AWESOME DUB vids [cutscenes AND battle dubs] ^.^
I apologize if I sound like an ass but that made me laugh xD
I think I'll go with the original one better.....

again sorry if I sound like an ass....I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible :x

EDIT: tho I do like the fact that you keep the sound effects like the keyblade slashing and magic. most fandubs don't have that so cool :D

Clarkie

No disrespect, but when I heard Eraqus' voice I burst into laughter.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
lmao aqua at the beginning sounds high like some druggie ! haha !

and lol you shoulda made master eraqus speak engrish ! that woulda been hilarious ! xDD

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Is it a crime if i thought they did a pretty decent job? :p

EDIT: Terra's VA made me lol awesome i don't mean that in a bad way. i mean he sounded...i don't know how to explain it. Aqua's VA in this did a little better than lil Willa in my opinion...unless i gotta hear her again

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Is it a crime if i thought they did a pretty decent job? :p

Well that depends on what you mean by "decent". If you mean decent by a "fandub" then yeah you can say that. But if you say they're better than the official VA cast... there will be flame wars (and not necessairily by me either).

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Well that depends on what you mean by "decent". If you mean decent by a "fandub" then yeah you can say that. But if you say they're better than the official VA cast... there will be flame wars (and not necessairily by me either).

Yes i mean for a fandub. Terra's alright and so is Aqua, of course Ven is nice too. It was decent and fun to watch. Why the flame war over a fandub anywayz?

EDIT: and in this vid did the new boss sound effects sound more epic? lol

3:03 to 3:15

and Vanitas sounds like GIR. nice

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Yes i mean for a fandub. Terra's alright and so is Aqua, of course Ven is nice too. It was decent and fun to watch. Why the flame war over a fandub anywayz?

??? I don't recall a flame war in this thread. But I was upset because when I first read the descriptions it sounded like they were bragging and saying they were better than the official dub. If not for my misunderstanding, I wouldn't have put that comment.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

There was an incident not too long ago in the VA discussion thread when someone just came up and said flat out that all of the voices in the official dub utterly fails in comparison to those in the fandub...

Not really a flame war, but it did piss off a lot of people.

??? I don't recall a flame war in this thread. But I was upset because when I first read the descriptions it sounded like they were bragging and saying they were better than the official dub. If not for my misunderstanding, I wouldn't have put that comment.

Actually, TC did start a few flame wars on youtube by saying that, but that's not important.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thank you CGNET and Chaser(confusing but meh) for taking your time to do this. I wish that I would be able to watch it(unfortunately it isn't loading for me) but I hope to see it soon. Frankly, I believe it won't be as bad as the people here have said already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back