• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts BBS Final Mix on the 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerIsNothing

again, i doubt the final mix will release in 3ds. also i doubt kh fans would dump there PSP just because they have 3ds. that's like dumping nintendo 64 just because i got a ps2. if they will make a final mix, it will release in japan only most likely, so even if sales aren't high in NA i'm sure they will gain some profit in japan

The FM probably wouldn't be released for about 3 years(Considering they are developing Agito and the 3rd birthday). The 3DS would have been on the Market for 2 years by then. All I'm saying is that there is a possibility for it. The 3DS is said to have sophisticated anti-piracy software. Making it extremely difficult to hack, that alone may sell the idea to Nomura.

Allister Rose

French Lover
The FM probably wouldn't be released for about 3 years(Considering they are developing Agito and the 3rd birthday). The 3DS would have been on the Market for 2 years by then. All I'm saying is that there is a possibility for it. The 3DS is said to have sophisticated anti-piracy software. Making it extremely difficult to hack, that alone may sell the idea to Nomura.
then i doubt BBS will gain a final mix. and personally, great features on the 3Ds doesn't really click to me as why it should be on it. why not put super mario bros in ps3?

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

There are many things that are possible.

PowerIsNothing

then i doubt BBS will gain a final mix. and personally, great features on the 3Ds doesn't really click to me as why it should be on it. why not put super mario bros in ps3?

Greater graphics technology, the graphics can be polished. More space on the cartridges, more extras can be added in for the FM.

Why put COM on the PS2? We didn't really need it either. This isn't out of the question, there's a possibility.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Greater graphics technology, the graphics can be polished. More space on the cartridges, more extras can be added in for the FM.

Why put COM on the PS2? We didn't really need it either. This isn't out of the question, there's a possibility.
possibility yes, high probability? no. again I'm not really into the hardware, money argument. it gets tiring and we know not every single game is based on it (especially series-wise).

why put COM in kh2? he didn't originally wanted COm on gba but since he heard it was popular with children he made it for them. Re:Com was simply for FM and keep us occupied, but even so i think nomura also did it to go back to his original intent

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
why put COM in kh2? he didn't originally wanted COm on gba but since he heard it was popular with children he made it for them.

Yeah. He didn't want to see KH in 2D, but once he started hearing kids say they wanted to play KH on the GBA, he reconsidered and accepted the project proposal.

Allister Rose

French Lover
anyways, if a remake was necessary, i suppose it could make onto 3ds, but not a final mix. that said, i highly doubt either a remake or a final mix would make it onto 3ds. and please let's not talk about how great the 3ds is as a base of why it could make it in.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm very certain Sony wouldn't like that at all... :/

And why the 3DS of all consoles? That makes no sense to make a Final Mix of a PSP game into a 3DS game. I mean, when they made KH2 Final Mix, did they suddenly port it to the Nintendo Wii? Absolutely not.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
About 3DS' 'piracy protection', I would treat it as hyperbole for now. It's one thing to develop one, but to announce it before the 3DS is set in stone for a release date is like taunting the hyenas with remains of a buffalo. One of these days, the Hyena will get the Buffalo.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
About 3DS' 'piracy protection', I would treat it as hyperbole for now. It's one thing to develop one, but to announce it before the 3DS is set in stone for a release date is like taunting the hyenas with remains of a buffalo. One of these days, the Hyena will get the Buffalo.

This is extremely true...all systems are hackable...it just depends on how easy or hard it is too hack. Considering the 3DS is such a small system, I don't think it will be that hard to hack...but I hope it is at least difficult.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
This is extremely true...all systems are hackable...it just depends on how easy or hard it is too hack. Considering the 3DS is such a small system, I don't think it will be that hard to hack...but I hope it is at least difficult.

I hope it is to be difficult, but I believe Nintendo are getting way too ahead of themselves, probably because they realised that Sony have succeeded in having a pirate-proof console [PS3]. But I still believe the PS3 is unhacked because it uses a expensive storage media [for its time], its constantly upgrading firmware and that they quickly yanked Linux away to put in the final nail for piracy.

But I believe Nintendo don't understand this yet.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I hope it is to be difficult, but I believe Nintendo are getting way too ahead of themselves, probably because they realised that Sony have succeeded in having a pirate-proof console [PS3]. But I still believe the PS3 is unhacked because it uses a expensive storage media [for its time], its constantly upgrading firmware and that they quickly yanked Linux away to put in the final nail for piracy.

But I believe Nintendo don't understand this yet.

I think they well understand...but I don't think they are going to try to copy Sony (I think they should work together...but I feel like they won't -__-). The PS3 was finally hacked and people congratulated the guy who did...but it is far to painstaking to replicate he said...so the system is better unhacked then it is hacked in the end. I think it is going to be hard to do this for a handheld but I think it is possible, I'm just hoping Nintendo doesn't run around bragging about it unless they have tried to hack it themselves because if not...people are going to be on that system the second it comes out.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Like you said, since the west is bigger then Japan that plays a part in KH games selling more than Japan. Though because the west is so much bigger I still can't imagen BbS under selling.

Its because the PSP rarely sells software and hardware in the west that some people don't think BBS will do well. Metal gear has a fairly solid fan base here in the west but Peace Walker still didn't sell well despite its great reviews an importance to the series.

However after seeing more BBS's pre-orders i'm starting to think BBS might and i mean MIGHT sell good. If only for the fact that KH reaches a wider demographic then some of the games they try and sell on the PSP

you're not seriously using that as an argument

And why the 3DS of all consoles? That makes no sense to make a Final Mix of a PSP game into a 3DS game. I mean, when they made KH2 Final Mix, did they suddenly port it to the Nintendo Wii? Absolutely not.

they have no say in the matter. the reason to put it on there would simply be to sell and to maybe add to the game

I don't know if a FM version of BBS would be made on the 3DS and just that system. However i can see a port of BBS coming to the 3DS.

PowerIsNothing

Yeah and I'm sure Microsoft isn't liking the fact that Mass Effect 2 is coming to the PS3, i'm sure they are mad that Episodes from Liberty City is on the PS3. Its not up to them at all, its not like there is a psp exclusive contract.

Square Enix thinks that there is money to be made, then its tough luck sony. Maybe a Final Mix won't be on the 3DS, but a port has a real strong chance. If BBS does not sell that well in the west, a port to the 3DS could make up for lost revenue.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Yeah and I'm sure Microsoft isn't liking the fact that Mass Effect 2 is coming to the PS3, i'm sure they are mad that Episodes from Liberty City is on the PS3. Its not up to them at all, its not like there is a psp exclusive contract.

Square Enix thinks that there is money to be made, then its tough luck sony. Maybe a Final Mix won't be on the 3DS, but a port has a real strong chance. If BBS does not sell that well in the west, a port to the 3DS could make up for lost revenue.

From what you are suggesting......I am still not convinced that it will.
I agree with what skyfoxx.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Sony has no dibs, no rights on Birth by Sleep. They are not the one who published it, it's Square-Enix who published it. It's Square-Enix's name on Birth by Sleep, it's Square-Enix who handled the production, the distribution, getting it to the shops. So as a matter of fact, Sony has nothing except a smiling nod to Square-Enix for an exclusive game to appear on the PSP.

So frankly, it's up to Square-Enix who decide whether it's a viable platform to be releasing BBS onto. If sony put some money into it or helped them in some way or form, then fine, I would understand Sony have some strings to pull. But Sony has zilch, nothing, zero, on Birth by Sleep.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm sure Nintendo wasn't too keen on CoM going to PS2 either. But so what? Square's a 3rd party & they seem to love porting games to Nintendo handhelds already.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I know Nomura says that it won't happen, but he has said that in the past about KH 2.
Nomura never said that, and he never said it about KH2 either.

And no, they wouldn't port it to the 3DS, that would require too much work for something as flimsy as a Final Mix. If anything, they would just release the International Version in Japan as a Final Mix. On, you guessed it, the PSP!~

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
When did they ever have a Nintendo port aside from Coded (and even Coded isn't even a port, it's a remake)? You don't see KH2 Final Mix coming to the Wii or anything.

And I refer you to my quote.

Sony has no dibs, no rights on Birth by Sleep. They are not the one who published it, it's Square-Enix who published it. It's Square-Enix's name on Birth by Sleep, it's Square-Enix who handled the production, the distribution, getting it to the shops. So as a matter of fact, Sony has nothing except a smiling nod to Square-Enix for an exclusive game to appear on the PSP.

So frankly, it's up to Square-Enix who decide whether it's a viable platform to be releasing BBS onto. If sony put some money into it or helped them in some way or form, then fine, I would understand Sony have some strings to pull. But Sony has zilch, nothing, zero, on Birth by Sleep.

It all matters about market perspective and frankly, it may or may not happen, but the point is: Square Enix make the decision, not Sony. The PSP was decided as a platform because a: They wanted an experience close to the PS2 KH and b. The PSP is immensely popular in Japan, making it a viable console.

3DS can be number b, but A is something undecided and I question whether it's 'worth' doing or just stick with KH3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back