• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 36435
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

Ok, we all know its coming now. Its confirmed. Its a done deal. Releasing on the PSP god knows when. We have a somewhat decent ammount of info on this. I personally am most excited for it. What do you guys think?
Also, this will help get rid of all the thread we know will be made on this.
Mods feel free to edit as more info comes.

FOR BIRTH BY SLEEP DISCUSSION ONLY DISCUSS 358/2 DAYS IN ITS OWN THREAD

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP:
-Looks like a singleplayer game similar to the Playstation 2 games.
-This is not Kingdom Hearts III.
-1UP is guessing the protagonist of this game is a young man that looks a lot like Zack from Final Fantasy 7. KHInsider is guessing they mean Terra from the Famitsu scans today.

Joystiqs impressions:

"Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, revealed at Tokyo Game Show today, is a brand new PSP game that expands the story of the franchise not by looking forward, but by looking back. This prequel stars a character that strongly resembles (but is not) Zack from Final Fantasy VII (and most recently, Crisis Core). In addition, we see a character that appears to be a clone of Roxas -- but that's impossible, considering the massive time difference between Birth by Sleep and the original console games. Certainly, there's a lot of mysteries surrounding this upcoming title.

"As this preview video shows, the game features a much darker and sinister feel than the console predecessors. The character designs feature a rougher look, especially the main villains, featured above. The new hero, being of a much older age than the previous heroes, also adds a much more mature feel to the overall presentation. The new keyblade also feels much more menacing, being able to shoot projectiles rather quickly. From the little we got to see at Tokyo Game Show, it seems as though the gameplay of Birth by Sleep will most closely follow the PS2 originals of the new Kingdom Hearts games announced today.

"This is easily the most technologically impressive Kingdom Hearts game announced today, and although it's not a next-gen sequel, this PSP iteration looks to satiate the needs of the Kingdom Hearts gamers everywhere."

1UP Review:
Despite the entire Internet collectively wagering that Square Enix would be announcing the long-rumored remake of Final Fantasy VII, no such thing has happened. But the Kingdom Hearts rumors? Totally on the mark. In fact, no less than three new KH titles are in the works and were revealed today at Tokyo Game Show, for PSP, DS and...mobile phones. OK, so the "Kingdom Hearts on PS3" rumors were a little off.

The PSP title, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, seems most likely to resonate with fans of the series -- and not just because they tend to be PlayStation fans. Of the three games shown today, Birth seems to be most in keeping with the series standards. It's a single-player action RPG with plenty of combo-driven melee action... and the hero is a dead ringer for Zack, the leading man of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core whose life Cloud Strife decided to imitate (in every category from clothing to girlfriends). It's hard to say if it really is Zack -- the name is never given, and characters by designer Tetsuya Nomura tend to look alike -- but he absolutely looks like a Kingdom Hearts-style rendition of the FFVII character. The spiky black hair, the bright blue eyes, the dark clothing with dark red suspenders, the armor over his left shoulder -- it's all Zack. [Monkey Note: 1UP is very, very wrong. They are talking about Terra here, not Zack.]

There is one difference, though: The lead character in Birth is a Keyblade warrior, an honor never afforded to previous Final Fantasy-to-Kingdom Hearts transplants like Cloud and "Leon" (aka Squall). So who knows what it means?

Very little gameplay was demonstrated, but plenty of in-game story was shown, with the unnamed hero speaking to a boy who appeared to be Kingdom Hearts II's Roxas. Much of the video presentation was dominated by an old man with eerie yellow eyes and a formal military jacket, who spoke in what appeared to be a somewhat stern (if not quite threatening) manner to maybe-Zack and maybe-Roxas in a dusty, windswept valley.

At one point, a wicked-looking warrior in black and red armor and an opaque black helmet confronted the hero, only to be thwarted by the timely arrival of King Mickey. Equally tantalizing were flashes of what appeared to be young Tidus and Rikku playing on the beach.

The little gameplay revealed appears to fall very much in the Kingdom Hearts mold. Is-it-Zack lays into foes with his Keyblade, leaping over obstacles like tree trunks as he battles through a dark forest setting and collecting various orbs as he fights his way up the steps of a pristine palace.

Though the trailer says the game is set in "the distant past," Birth By Sleep probably won't be showing up at retail until the distant future -- no date was given for this prequel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'm looking forward to it the most as well. I just hope Terra and MX don't fuse to create Xehanort os some other gay crap like that, <.<...but I have a feeling it's going to happen anyway.

Also, who else thinks DS is important?

Charlie K

Back in Business
I cant wait!It's Gunna be awsome! I need more games for my PSP anyway!..Hopefully it's gunna be as good as it seems.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Well, not everyone who appears in every artwork will be important...Luxord appeared in the poster of KH2FM+, and his role in the story was, overall, rather insignificant...

Athel

Machinist
i know. i am sooo excited about this!!!!!! terra pwns, ven is roxas (who pwns), and aqua's hot (and pwns)
once i get a PSP i am in for some pwnage

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
So, um, who here already owns a PSP? I don't, <.<. I wonder what color I should get it in...

Also, who here thinks the DS is MX's apprentice? It seems pretty clear to me that he is...

Krimsun Monkeh

Bronze Member
but he didnt do anytrhing. all he did was steal some coins in prates of the carribean

no one cares, he was still bad ass.

He had giant dice and cards, I think he is win.

so do i =D

So, um, who here already owns a PSP? I don't, <.<. I wonder what color I should get it in...

I have a DS & Psp (my friend gave me his DS =D) uhm, i have a black psp. But, do whatever suits you best.

D

Deleted member 36435

I have a PSP, DS, and phone. :p
Also is MX the UEM now?

Athel

Machinist

the new PSP is coming out soon. it says so in the issued of GI i got yesterday. its smaller, loads faster, and you can buy these cables that you can hook up to ur tv and play it on your tv. the core pack is $170 and their are two bundle packs. one comes with Daxter, some weird Family Guy game, and a memeory stick. the other comes with a Darth Vader skin and Star Wars Battlefront. both bundles are $200

D

Deleted member 36435

So, um, I'll be getting them launch day and be playing and posting about them none stop. All day.

D

Deleted member 36435

Lol, I hope they come out early to mid 08.

So, whats everyone most excited for about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back