• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Retrospective

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Heck, the fact that the nobodies couldn't distinquish between pictures of Roxas and the real thing makes it pretty clear that the average lesser nobody doesn't have much in the way of intelligence. For the role they fill in the plot, lesser nobodies really are functionally identical to heartless.

While this does complicate the discussion somewhat, I think what DiZ was saying about the Nobodies being unable to distinguish "data" wasn't meant to be a statement about Nobodies in all circumstances, but Nobodies in the simulated Twilight Town alone? Namely, it was supposed to be a hint to the player that something was irregular about Roxas (he was digital), making him equivalent to the photos in some regard, a clue that they might latch onto after Riku/Ansem later says "that Namine was made of data."

I think if we can glean anything from that, it's that the Nobodies are blind as bats in the simulation (for whatever reason), which is why it takes them six days (of simulation time, at least) to finally corner Roxas, when Axel likely would have wanted to move far earlier. Maybe it's true of other circumstances? But I think the context of the clues makes it harder to zero in on their intended meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back