• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories The Novel Cover Art Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
Even though its not out until September 22nd, I am starting to look forward to this book! I will be putting in my pre-order beginning of September. *fingers crossed for more news*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even though its not out until September 22nd, I am starting to look forward to this book! I will be putting in my pre-order beginning of September. *fingers crossed for more news*

I check Amazon everyday for a new manga or novel listing so no worries ;A;

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just a reminder that CoM The Novel will be releasing in just a month! Pre-order your copy now (and get ready to be really sad about Repliku)

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I can't believe that it's already nearly release time.

I just realized I should probably preorder this now so I don't have to jump through hoops to get it like the last novel...

hlc1988

Awards
I should probably pre-order too... I've rearranged my shift for the release day so I go to work later then normal so hopefully gives me the chance to start reading it before work.

Hopefully there will be more news of more KH books soon!

HugoDipper

Wow! I have ordered the first KH novel but it will take some weeks to be delived where I live after I read the first novel I have already a new novel to order hehe.

hlc1988

Awards
Finally pre-ordered the novel. Tuesday will be a good day! Looking forward to tucking into it!

hlc1988

Awards
So did anyone get theirs today?

I am annoyed. Amazon UK said I would get it on release day, yet I get an email this morning telling me that it has been delayed by 1-4 weeks!!! With the first KH novel I got it on release day. I don't know whether to cancel and try and order from America or wait it out. (Email estimates say arriving between Wednesday 7th October and 21st October).

Looking at Amazon UK, on the page for the listing, it does say it will be in stock on 24th September so I could wait and see.

I was so looking forward to this as well!

Also the Amazon UK page says it is 416 pages as opposed to 600.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I supposedly get my copy today, so we'll see what happens.

That really sucks, hlc1988. I think you'd find it to be a bit faster if you order from America, but you'll be paying more in shipping fees.

hlc1988

Awards
I supposedly get my copy today, so we'll see what happens.

That really sucks, hlc1988. I think you'd find it to be a bit faster if you order from America, but you'll be paying more in shipping fees.

I hope you get it and you can give us a good review! 416 pages does seem a small page count if its meant to include all 3 books from Chain of Memories... (I'm looking forward to Reverse/Rebirth part of it more than anything TBH so I hope that is still in...)

I'm going to see what happens with my UK order for now and after cancelling and then reordering it says I should get it next Monday, providing they get their stock in on Thursday... If not I will consider going elsewhere for it.

hlc1988

Awards
Amazon UK now have this in stock and are now preparing to dispatch my order. If things go to plan then I should get it Friday...

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Whew, my novel finally came in today. And after having read it at every chance I could get, I'm at part two of Sora's story.

And I have to say, as much as I love Chain of Memories the game (and I really do; it might be my second favorite story in this entire saga), I love the novel even more, for three main reasons so far:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

All in all, I have to say this has been a terrific read so far. I might even enjoy it better than the KH1 novel, which I would have never thought possible until now:D But I'm really impressed with all that's been done with the book.

I thought it would be more cut and dry than it is, and have less wiggle room, but I like the new ideas that have been brought to the table through its interpretations, and I can't wait to see where it goes next:)

Ultima Spark

Anything interesting about Axel (or the rest of the Organization)? [on Sora's side of the story]

(My copy probably won't be in for another week, thanks 'straya!)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I haven't had much time to read the book, but I like how in Part 2 Kanemaki started to weave in the plot of Reverse/Rebirth in. And Reverse/Rebirth is much more intriguing by juxtaposing Repliku and Riku next to each other through the dialogue.

Anything interesting about Axel (or the rest of the Organization)? [on Sora's side of the story]

(My copy probably won't be in for another week, thanks 'straya!)

Well, from what I've been able to see...Axel is pretty much the same in Sora's Side - Part 1 as he was in the game. It is when Part 2 starts there are more Axel moments that help give more hints to his connection to Roxas and his general feelings (or belief of a lack thereof) of everything going on in CO.

I didn't really look at the rest of the Organization to see if where was anything new...

The 3 novels were primarily focused on Sora, Naminé, Repliku, and Riku so it spends most of its time expanding on their characters.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Just finished the entire novel, and the whole thing was bloody fantastic. Someone please tell me the next novel will be out soon:)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wow. Great novel, man. Just... great novel^_^

Ultima Spark

Yeah, stuff like what you mentioned is why people claiming Axel was "cool" or "badass" in CoM (or better than in KH2-onward, though admittedly a good deal of that is bias on my part) tends to drive me up the wall, and I'm constantly this close to personally viewing CoM Axel and KH2 Axel (who I was exposed to first) as...well, separate characters.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Yeah, stuff like what you mentioned is why people claiming Axel was "cool" or "badass" in CoM (or better than in KH2-onward, though admittedly a good deal of that is bias on my part) tends to drive me up the wall, and I'm constantly this close to personally viewing CoM Axel and KH2 Axel (who I was exposed to first) as...well, separate characters.
I think this might be the first time I've seen an Axel fan outright declare that "homicidal and sadistic" =/= "cool and badass."

I kind of figured that CoM Axel was a better villain not because he was more "awesome," but because he was a little easier to flat-out despise and distrust. Anywhere else, he's just acting out of desperation, or he's your literal best friend. I got introduced to the latter before II or CoM, so I completely get what you mean by viewing 'em as "separate characters."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back