• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Sorrow

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
PkxP62Q.png

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Logo is not final yet. ^^'​

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards

PROLOGUE - "Craving for the past"

Rain. Everything was wet. The gray clouds and the dark environment did not diminish this. "Why?", a girl sat on the mud, soaked with rain.
"Why did you have to go? You promised to stay with me. I always wanted to take care of you. Protect you. Why did they take you from me?"
She balled her hands into fists. "But I promise you, I'll find the people who did this to you!"
Green hair strands fell into her face as the person furiously rose.
"Forgive me for not keeping my promise. I'll get you back. Even if it costs me my life."
She turned away and held her Keyblade into the sky, opening a portal.

"Akane! Wait up!", another voice echoed in the dark.
"Skuld…", Akane lowered her Keyblade.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A promise being broken is quite tragic and sad. I wonder who Akane was meant to keep a promise to, and who was taken away from her and why. Perhaps it Chirithy? I hope Akane can find who she's looking for. I'm excited to know what Skuld's role is in all this. This was really a great start to your story, so I'm super excited to see how it plays out, Muke! :) The logo looks awesome, even if it's not final. <3

Muke

whatever
Awards
A promise being broken is quite tragic and sad. I wonder who Akane was meant to keep a promise to, and who was taken away from her and why. Perhaps it Chirithy? I hope Akane can find who she's looking for. I'm excited to know what Skuld's role is in all this. This was really a great start to your story, so I'm super excited to see how it plays out, Muke! :) The logo looks awesome, even if it's not final. <3
Thank youuu, I'm really glad you liked it. :DD

Muke

whatever
Awards

CHAPTER 1 - "Tears of Grief"

"Did you seriously think you could leave me behind like that? Where are you even going to?"
"Skuld, I have to. It's time...", Akane looked down.
"I know you want to find her, but where will you even look? The world is so huge!", Skuld approached Akane and held her hands.
"I'll just have to keep looking."
Skuld slowly hugged Akane and didn't let go.
"…Akane, I know what you believe in your heart. But you have to face reality. I'm sorry."
Akane distanced herself from Skuld and looked into the sky.
"Do you remember when we visited Daybreak Town two years ago? I… smuggled something with me. I wanted to look through its pages alone, but I'm glad you are here now."
Akane summoned a book called "The Book of Fate"-
"The book… it knows the fate of everyone in the Realm of Light. Do you--"
"Yes. If my fate is to find her… the book can help us figure out how. to make that a reality.", she flipped the book open.
A ray of light made the sun shine again. A hologram of a mysterious, blue eye was projected.
"Akane Kazuko. Please, tell me what the book says about my future!"
…
"If it is your will, we can turn the page and see. But that knowledge could be very dangerous.", the voice echoed.
"I'm ready. I need to know!"
…
"At the crossroads of Destiny, demons will lead to the Realm. What was lost will finally be found."
Akane looked down.
"Do you know where my mother is?"
…
"How strange. The book does not contain such information."
"Then… what does the last page of my future actually say?"
…
"Nothing."
"What do you mean, nothing?", Skuld asked.
"It means that Akane's future has not yet been written. She is the only one who can write the end.", with these words, the eye disappeared and the book lost its shine,

"We… might be able to find your mother. We'll have to find the crossroads of Destiny!"
"My mother…", Akane started to cry.
"Your mother is watching you right now, I'm sure. She wouldn't want you to cry. You're strong, Akane."
"You know she's not dead.", Akane sobbed.
"That day… I was so happy. My mother baked a cake - my favorite cake.", she smiled with tears in her eyes.
"She made me sit down. 'Mommy has work to do, start eating, okay fluffy? I'll be back before it's gone.'. Then she left."
Akane shut her eyes, releasing all her grief.
"It's okay to cry.", Skuld hugged her.
"Minutes passed, hours passed. I ate the whole cake. I waited for her to come back. But she never did.", Akane wiped her tears away and continued sobbing.
"We'll find her together!", Skuld promised

- - - -

Together, the two friends went to Daybreak Town and were greeted by two Chirithy, who told them they'd have to select a Union.
Akane and Skul chose to be part of the Vulpes Union. When asked if Chirithy should show them how to fight and collect Lux, the girls rejected.

"Where does our journey start, Akane?", Skuld looked at her.
"We will sneak in and take the Book of Prophecies - I'm sure it will tell us more about my mother."
"Sneak in?! You can't do that!"
"We will have to wait until everyone's sleeping.", Akane looked into Skuld's eyes.
"This is dangerous… but you know I can't let you go there alone - you'd mess up!", Skuld laughed.
"Well, what can I say? May our hearts be our guiding keys.", Akane smiled.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Wow. The prologue and first chapter is incredible! The personalities and feelings of both characters are really brought out in an amazing way. I wonder what Akane's fate will be and if she will find her mother. I can't wait to read more! :D

Kounelli

Awards
Love the story so far Muke! It's definitely cute and I like how you write the characters. :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
You really know how to write a moving piece, Muke. I feel bad for Akane. I'm not sure why her mother being missing sounds so familiar to me. Anyways, it tore my heart up knowing her mother left. </3 I hope she's able to find her. And the Book of Fate seems like a valuable tool for them to have. I'm curious how Akane has it in the first place. In the meantime, I'm curious what her fate will be in the end too. You certainly got me hooked in. I can't wait to read more. :D Awesome chapter, Muke!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Love the story so far Muke! It's definitely cute and I like how you write the characters. :)
Hehe, thanks, Kounelli. :DD
You really know how to write a moving piece, Muke. I feel bad for Akane. I'm not sure why her mother being missing sounds so familiar to me. Anyways, it tore my heart up knowing her mother left. </3 I hope she's able to find her. And the Book of Fate seems like a valuable tool for them to have. I'm curious how Akane has it in the first place. In the meantime, I'm curious what her fate will be in the end too. You certainly got me hooked in. I can't wait to read more. :D Awesome chapter, Muke!
Thank youu, I'm very glad you like it! I always try my best. :D

Muke

whatever
Awards
CHAPTER 1.5 - "The Journey Begins"

"How do you know that phrase?", came a sudden voice.
Turning, Akane saw Foreteller Aced walking towards them.
"I've never seen the two of you around before. Are you visitors?" he asked.
"Well, yes, sort of.", Skuld answered.
"Where are you guys' parents?", Aced looked at Akane.
Skuld and Akane exchanged a glance before Akane looked down.
Taking a deep breath, Akane replied: "My father passed away", head still down.
"What about your mother? Is she here?"
The pain in Akane's head got stronger, she started to tear up.
"My mom… disappeared.", she said, holding back her tears.
"What do you mean, 'she disappeared'?"
"Just… disappeared. She's missing. She… went away one day and didn't return.", tears were slowly starting to roll down her cheek.
"So, you don't have a family, huh."
"I should… probably go now.", she turned away. As she sat down, her face showed pain and as she closed her eyes, drops ran down her face. Her vision was blurry, so Akane tried to blink away the emotions.
Skuld threw herself next to Akane and hugged her deeply.
"It's okay, it's okay.."
…
"You're Akane! You're brave and you are strong.", Skuld whispered into her ear.
Akane stopped crying after a while and rubbed her tears away.
"You're right… I'm strong. I'll fight and I'll live on. I'll find her and the ones who took her from me.", she spoke, gazing at the wide sky.

-------

The next day, Akane and Skuld decided to finally start their journey. They went into a portal, to France. Immediately, they felt displeasure - everyone was yelling at a single person, throwing stuff at him, torturing the young mang.
"All hail the king!!"
Skuld raised her Keyblade, launching a fire spell into the sky.
"What in the world are you doing?!", she screamed towards the crowd.
"We are all supposed to stick together! How could you torture someone like that?!", Akane yelled at everyone.

Suddenly, a dark-skinned woman walked up to the guy and cut through the ropes.
"You mistreat this poor boy the same way you mistreat my people! You speak of justice, yet you are cruel to those most in need of your help!"
"SILENCE!"
"JUSTICE!"
Everybody gasped at the strong woman.
"Mark my words, gypsy. You will pay for this!"
Akane and Skuld felt a dark power and readied their Keyblades.
As guards were grouping up and walking towards the gypsy, Akane, and Skuld teleported them - the gypsy, the guy and themselves - into Notre Dame.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The next chapter will be longer, I promise! Just wanted to introduce the world! :D

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
It's okay! The chapter was great! Short or long, I enjoyed reading it. And I can pretty much guess what the world is lol. I'm excited for how this will play out! :)

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Well this is the first Chi fanfic I've seen. It's pretty interesting. I just wish we had more to read of it. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Thanks you two!
Oh, a new reader. :D Don't worry! I'm eager to upload a chapter ever day. If not, every 2 days. :)

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Yeah Im trying to look at other pics besides my own around here. And wow, wish I had that kind of uploading time.

Kounelli

Awards
Ooooh Hunchback yes! Can't wait to see how the characters interact with this world this is gonna be great! <3

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ooooh Hunchback yes! Can't wait to see how the characters interact with this world this is gonna be great! <3
I'm glad you're enjoying it! Yeah, I definitely have some plans for this world. :DD

Muke

whatever
Awards

Chapter 2 - "Transcending Demon"

The boy - Quasimodo - quickly went to his bells without talking to any of the girls.
"What happened out there?!", Akane looked at Esmeralda, the gypsy.
"I can't thank you enough, girls. My name is Esmeralda."
"I'm Skuld, and she is Akane… but, what does that man want from you? I felt a strong dark aura."
"You saw what he did out there! Letting the crowd torture that young boy… He's a demon! I thought if just one person could stand up to him…"
Esmeralda let out a sigh.
"What do they have against people who are different?"
"Arrest all of them!", came a sudden voice. It was Judge Claude Frollo, together with his guards.
Skuld readied her Keyblade. "You won't touch her, Frollo!"
"Witchcraft!", he yelled.
"That is right. Minister Frollo learned years ago to respect the sanctity of the church.", the archdeacon looked into Frollo's eyes.
As Akane, Skuld, and the archdeacon followed the guards outside, they completely forgot about Frollo, who came from behind and surprised Esmeralda.
"Gypsies don't do well inside stone walls, woman.", he said, smelling her hair.
"What the heck are you doing?"
"I was just imagining a rope… around that beautiful neck."
Esmeralda pushed him back, shouting: "I know what you're imagining!"

Meanwhile, Skuld teleported herself to Quasimodo, while Akane, after a while, teleported Esmeralda to the Court of Miracles - a secret place.
"Y-y-you are witches?!", Quasimodo shockingly questioned them.
"Now that's not nice. Do we look like witches? We helped you down there!", Akane glared at him.
"N-no. No, no. My… my master, he told me everyone using spells and helping gypsies needs to be… hanged. But you don't seem like other witches or gypsies."
"Well… not everyone is the same. Just like all of us have different personalities, everyone is different in how they act. You shouldn't generalize people like that.", Skuld spoke wisely.

The next day, Frollo and his guards were searching through the whole city, trying to find Esmeralda. They locked everyone up who didn't want to talk - even those who didn't know where she was. Every single gypsy within the city was captured.
Without knowing any of this, Skuld and Akane were also hiding inside the walls of the Court of Miracles.
"Esmeralda, do you know a place… or… something called 'The Crossroads of Destiny'?", Akane approached her.
"No, I don't. Why, what is that place?"
"It's… complicated. I might find my mother there."
"Is she… gone missing?"
Akane looked down.
"Akane. Never lose hope. I'm sure she is waiting for you, somewhere. You're not from around here, are you? Where have you been looking?"
"This is the first place."
"I heard of this witch called Gothel. Maybe she knows something. I think she is German, so she should be in Germany."

They were interrupted when suddenly hundreds of Guards stormed the Court of Miracles!
"After 20 years of searching, the Court of Miracles is mine at last. Arrest the gypsy Esmeralda and the witches who attended the Festival of Fools yesterday!!", he commanded.
"Lock everyone else up!"
The guards had the upper hand as they managed to take everyone - save for Esmeralda, Skuld, and Akane, who they took to the square - with them.

Every citizen of Paris was there, looking at Frollo and the three girls.
"The prisoners, Esmeralda, Skuld, and Akane, have been found guilty of the crime of witchcraft! The sentence: Death!", he announced as he walked towards them.
"Let's send these unholy demons back where they belong!"
Before Frollo could burn them, Akane managed to summon her Keyblade and free herself.
"Step back!", she yelled, readying her Keyblade.
Swinging down from above, Quasimodo came to the rescue and freed Esmeralda and Skuld and took them with him!
"SANCTUARY!", he yelled from above.
"Freeze!!", Akane yelled, casting a Blizzara spell and freezing Frollo.
"Don't you see already?! Frollo is the one behind this mess! You should all work against him than for him, idiots!", Akane yelled with a raspy voice.
Akane jumped back as sharp arrows were fired her way.
Motivated by her speech, the whole city was working against the guards now.
"ARREST FROLLO FOR GOOD!", Akane yelled.
It was a chaos. But in the end, they managed to arrest the guards and Frollo and end the mess. However, this was not over, as a big, dark, red-coated demon with yellow eyes and a scythe was transcending from Notre Dame.
"A… a heartless?!"

Muke

whatever
Awards
Just to let ya guys know! This is not the end of HoND yet, I wanted to get through the movie's plot asap, so I can introduce some new stuff in the next few chapters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back