• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Chess Set in development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix revealed during the TGS 2020 Offical Goods livestream that the iconic chess set used by Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus in KINGDOM HEARTS 3 is currently in development. More information will be revealed at a later date.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Source: Game Watch

AR829038

Awards
who wants to meet up and play this in the windowsill with me? to keep things authentic, my personality will go through a re-write between moves and I will go from a creepy evil schemer to a well-meaning but misguided friend right around the time you start cheating.
Don't forget to have a wistful glance up at the nighttime sky as a music video inexplicably starts playing and your chess board turns into an anime opening.

In all seriousness, I am so gonna buy this. And I'm not even good at chess.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
In all seriousness, I am so gonna buy this. And I'm not even good at chess.
I don't even know how to play chess. So if I was Xehanort and Eraqus pulled that cheating move on me, and he said it was legal I'd have believed him.

This is kinda a surprise. It's common to see two characters playing chess with other characters lives on the line, but very rarely do they make merch out of the chess pieces. I would love to have this set with all these iconic pieces and reenact the KH3 chess game. Square has declared war on my wallet this year.

NoWay

Awards
Every time I see this chessboard, my mind is like
“Have you heard of the ancient keyblade war? Yeah, the Master’s favorite story.”

Last edited:
Awards
I don't even know how to play chess. So if I was Xehanort and Eraqus pulled that cheating move on me, and he said it was legal I'd have believed him.

This is kinda a surprise. It's common to see two characters playing chess with other characters lives on the line, but very rarely do they make merch out of the chess pieces. I would love to have this set with all these iconic pieces and reenact the KH3 chess game. Square has declared war on my wallet this year.
I mean, "false checkmate" exist.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So if anyone were to play with the pieces they would have to make up their own rules? That could be pretty creative

Violet Pluto

Awards
They even have the little raises, which while cool confuses me even more on how to play this version of chess.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT A REAL CHESS SET OR NOT EVEN A REAL GAME! I will buy maybe 2-3 of these! OMG! It will be a perfect decorative piece.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Place your bets on how expensive it's gonna be

Gunning for $200 but part of me thinks it'll be even more

Gonna buy it anyway

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Okay, I'm definitely buying this (I don't usually, but I LOVE chess boards). My only question is: What are the rules to 3D chess? What do those raised squares mean in the game? In this case, are they just aesthetic? If so, then can someone that knows chess still explain to me the rules to 3D chess?

sephydark

Awards
100% chance this is going to be crazy expensive but it's really cool to see they're actually making it. I'm super interested to see what it looks like in more detail.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Okay, I'm definitely buying this (I don't usually, but I LOVE chess boards). My only question is: What are the rules to 3D chess? What do those raised squares mean in the game? In this case, are they just aesthetic? If so, then can someone that knows chess still explain to me the rules to 3D chess?
SE always referred to this as a "chess-like game" and not chess outright so the rules are not going to be the same as 3D chess. But this is probably meant for display and not for actual play.

Varxtis

Awards
I have no clue how to play chess, but Im gettin' me some KH 4D Chess lol
Does anyone know of a pre-order link, or any dates?
And does anyone know if it'll play like regular chess except raised squares? I guess Im mainly asking about the chess pieces.

Back