• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS ?[chi] Event 9/30 - Crystals of Light in Wonderland

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
just wondering if I should poor all my eithers into lvling

Levelling the Bracelet, you mean? It might not be that absurd an idea. Here's some advice from the capture wiki, since I seem to have taken paraphrasing it as my job here now, and they seem to have already done some math on this:

1. Variant's got more light Crystals, of course, but Chaining and Lux Up don't effect the Crystals. If you're going to down some ethers, do it on one of them.
  2. They do recommend you level for the first half of the event, but only to a certain point based on how many light Crystals you think is reasonable. More on that in a moment.
  3. If you're weaker, grab some Kupo Nuts or Raise tickets early on and pray they increase your efficiency, so you can grab more Light Crystals later on.
  4. If you're aiming to get around 7000 Light Crystals, aim for a Level 5 bangle.
  5. Up to 10000, Level 6.
  6. 15 000, 7.
  7. 20 000 - 25 000, Lv 8.
  8. 30 000, Lv 9.
  9. 100 000, Level 11, because apparently the higher levels stink (but that part is kind of choppy in translation, I can't be sure of what I'm reading. The user that added that section doesn't seem to be recommending you even go beyond 10 or maybe even 9. I wish I could be more precise but I can only be as clear as Google Translate allows.)

Got to know your own limits going in, I suppose. I don't personally expect to get more than 10 000 and I'm level 100 with three SR attack cards. Going to follow my own copied-and-pasted advice and get a third ripe kupo nut ASAP.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Sorry for the double post, but it occurs to me that someone should have screencapped the conversation with the Moogle for eventual translation. Has anyone done that, or has anyone not seen it yet and is willing to give it a few pics?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sorry for the double post, but it occurs to me that someone should have screencapped the conversation with the Moogle for eventual translation. Has anyone done that, or has anyone not seen it yet and is willing to give it a few pics?

That is my bad actually. I do have the conversation saved for translation, aaaaand then left it on my computer at work.

Tomorrow, maybe the day after would be my estimate. Depends on everyone's workload from work or school.

gnurtanio

Awards
Levelling the Bracelet, you mean? It might not be that absurd an idea. Here's some advice from the capture wiki, since I seem to have taken paraphrasing it as my job here now, and they seem to have already done some math on this:

1. Variant's got more light Crystals, of course, but Chaining and Lux Up don't effect the Crystals. If you're going to down some ethers, do it on one of them.
  2. They do recommend you level for the first half of the event, but only to a certain point based on how many light Crystals you think is reasonable. More on that in a moment.
  3. If you're weaker, grab some Kupo Nuts or Raise tickets early on and pray they increase your efficiency, so you can grab more Light Crystals later on.
  4. If you're aiming to get around 7000 Light Crystals, aim for a Level 5 bangle.
  5. Up to 10000, Level 6.
  6. 15 000, 7.
  7. 20 000 - 25 000, Lv 8.
  8. 30 000, Lv 9.
  9. 100 000, Level 11, because apparently the higher levels stink (but that part is kind of choppy in translation, I can't be sure of what I'm reading. The user that added that section doesn't seem to be recommending you even go beyond 10 or maybe even 9. I wish I could be more precise but I can only be as clear as Google Translate allows.)

Got to know your own limits going in, I suppose. I don't personally expect to get more than 10 000 and I'm level 100 with three SR attack cards. Going to follow my own copied-and-pasted advice and get a third ripe kupo nut ASAP.

Maybe that is true about levelling bracelet, its kinda useless if you level up that bracelet beyond Level 10.. i have level 11 bracelet but the amount of light crystal i got seems not increase from Level 10 bracelet to level 11 bracelet, kinda dissapoint after spend 10000 crystal T-T..

minhtam1638

So this is my first Crystals of Light event, so what exactly am I supposed to do anyway?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
So this is my first Crystals of Light event, so what exactly am I supposed to do anyway?

So, okay, a highly suspicious Moogle just handed you a bracelet that will let you collect Crystals of Light from Raid Bosses that he is almost certainly selling to somebody with the kind of anime villain hair we should have learned not to trust by now, like, as a society? Okay, we haven't actually seen the perpetrator, but you know what I'm getting at. In the narrative scheme of things, probably a bad idea, but from a gameplay perspective: prize city! The more damage you do to the Raid Boss, the more you get (so definitely equip the Lady Luck, its weakness, and upgrade it all you can). The Raid Boss Variant has more Crystals than the standard, and higher-level Raid Bosses have more in general as well. Chain Damage and Lux Up still raise Lux but don't impact Crystals. The Crystals you collect are listed in yellow on the damage summary that appears after you attack.

If you go to the Event Page (the new purple button on the bottom bar), you'll see three buttons. Check the lower button on the left: that's a "Shop" you can use to buy prizes from the Moogle in exchange for Crystals of Light, some of them more than once: Cards, Wonderland-themed costumes, AP Ups, Kupo Berries, etc. The upper-left button lets you upgrade the bracelet itself, so that you can get more Crystals of Light each time you attack. The first upgrade is silly, from 1.0 to 1.1, but the later ones pick up a bit, until 10 when they start to get funky. I can tell you from experience that going with a Level 1 bangle (in the Japanese night) is going to get you around 3000 Crystals with mild enthusiasm, so upgrades are recommended. Consider the list I put up, above. The last button on the Event Screen goes to the Raid Boss, so you can get started. There's also a button leading back to this page from the Raid Boss screen - it's second from the left at the top. The first rounded-corner button.

When the event ends, the Light Crystal "shop" will remain open for a few days, after which your Crystals and bracelet will be cleared, so don't forget to spend the Crystals! Unfortunately the nice purple button might vanish during that period unless they've changed things (they honestly should), but you will still be able to the shop via the ad banner that shows up in the top-right when you're in Daybreak Town.

Last edited:

Grellmax

Awards
I think I'd better mention something about this stop at level 10 bangle business. One level gains only .5x crystal bonus, following that they ramp up again and the last two upgrades take you from 10x>12.5>15x. Don't be discouraged!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
initiate whine reply: is it in english yet?

Unfortunately not; still only in Japanese.

I think I'd better mention something about this stop at level 10 bangle business. One level gains only .5x crystal bonus, following that they ramp up again and the last two upgrades take you from 10x>12.5>15x. Don't be discouraged!

Noted!

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Yes, but that's another 250000 crystals from level 11 onwards.
Basically it's x=25000/n, where n is the number of crystals you get with rate 1.0 and x is the number of attacks you have to deliver to get the remaining 250000 crystals.
For example: If you get 10 crystals per attack at 1.0 (70 crystals at level 11's rate 7.0), you still have to attack 2500 (for x1 attack) or 625 (for x4 attack) times to level the badge to 15, giving you immediately spent the crystals on the 12-14 level ups if you collected enough to benefit from the higher rates.

As you can see, that's quite a lot, and after that you have to collect even more for the actual prizes. 10 crystals should be the average for 60-80 level players, who don't have a full SR deck or boosted cards. So it's all dependent on how much damage you do and/or how much you're willing to spend on ethers, boost cards and your time.

Kafiezal

Awards
So does the whole event end on October 9 or that's just when the first half ends?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yes, you're right that I shouldn't have been writing off the higher-level bangles as "useless" but more that the math doesn't support it for most players, especially if you're getting only a small number of Crystals or aren't playing often or when the game is most active. If you're up when the other players are, or able to fill your day with it, go ahead if you think it's going to help!

So does the whole event end on October 9 or that's just when the first half ends?

I'm actually confused about this myself!

Grellmax

Awards
Well Shard, If I were getting that few crystals not only would I not upgrade my bangle, but I'd cry myself to sleep at night. Is that really a legit amount some of you guys are getting?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Personally, I get around 19 crystals at 1.0 with x1 attack which is currently 450-550 at 6.0 with x4 attack. I will stop at level 11 and save all for the Mulan SR+ card or Yen Sid SR+ card (and of course the Cheshire Cat costume, I must have that as well) next week.
I also spent my ethers only on the Trickmaster Subspecies which hopefully will appear more often next week.

So yeah, I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.

Grellmax

Awards
Personally, I get around 19 crystals at 1.0 with x1 attack which is currently 450-550 at 6.0 with x4 attack. I will stop at level 11 and save all for the Mulan SR+ card or Yen Sid SR+ card (and of course the Cheshire Cat costume, I must have that as well) next week.
I also spent my ethers only on the Trickmaster Subspecies which hopefully will appear more often next week.

So yeah, I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.
Mulan and Yen Sid SR+? Speculation or...?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Take this with a grain of salt, because this could still change next week. The Mickey SR+ card from the last event for example was just a SR card in the beginning, although this time around all these cards already exist in the database.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

There is also a Cheshire Cat SR card that will most likely be awarded for defeating a certain level Trickmaster.

Grellmax

Awards
Awesome. Thanks for that Shard. by the way, I'm not spending raise tickets at the moment, so I'm not able to find you those cards this time sorry :(

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Don't feel bad, this was supposed to happen sooner or later and with SE releasing dozens of new cards every other week it really was more sooner than later.:wink:
Maybe SE will release a card collection screen themselves or I succeed in convincing the game server to show me what I want, I'm sure it will work out somehow.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The wonderful man known as Zephyr translated the intro for us and this Moogle grows more shady with every passing second :D

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back