• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road, Chapter 1: Unexpected Departure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm not sure why Xehanort would leave flowers on the graves of people who lived centuries ago and had no personal connection with.

Violet Pluto

Awards
I'm not sure why Xehanort would leave flowers on the graves of people who lived centuries ago and had no personal connection with.
The dreams he's been having about the UX Protag's journey? But that could just be me overthinking that.

GreyouTT

Awards
The dreams he's been having about the UX Protag's journey? But that could just be me overthinking that.
Feels like he'd be leaving them on the graves of Skuld, Ephemer, etc. in that case. Or the key kids like Captain Serge and Mog.

zander1995

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

D

Deleted member 252753

Spoiler Spoiler Show
It's unlikely that Master Odin died because Xehanort and Eraqus still need a master to award them their upcoming Mark of Mastery

zander1995

Awards
It's unlikely that Master Odin died because Xehanort and Eraqus still need a master to award them their upcoming Mark of Mastery
Yeah, probably not, but we can assume there's at least two masters, since there's an upper class too, so even that wouldn't be out of the question.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm banking on five of the seven upperclassmen dying, with the gravestones being theirs. The fifth one off-screen to trick us into thinking it's for Urd, Bragi, Vor, and Hermod. The two surviving students will be Luxord and Demyx because sure, whatever. They have to appear in either this or UX eventually.

Yeah, probably not, but we can assume there's at least two masters, since there's an upper class too, so even that wouldn't be out of the question.
I demand Frigg!

The Shadow Broker

Awards
Also, crazy theory, but what if the MoM is behind everything that is happening in order to nurture Xehanort into becoming the Seeker of Darkness and advancing the MoM's plans?

I don't think this a crazy theory at all at this point. I'm not sure if the identity of the "brown coat" at the beginning of Dark Road at Destiny Islands has been discussed (and so maybe that brown coat is always someone we know, my knowledge of KH lore is not foolproof), but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the MoM, Luxu or someone connected to them.

Luxu is also definitely present at Scala ad Caelum in some form to watch over Xehanort, and that is probably at least indirectly by the Master's orders. Part of their plans/MoM's plan has probably always been to find a Keyblade Master who is capable of becoming the Seeker of Darkness (so maybe he is Odin, as speculated by many; what better way to find a suitable Seeker than by watching over all of those students over a long period of time?)

Actually at the moment I feel like the MoM not being behind everything would be the bigger twist. I'm almost expecting some kind of Star Wars Palpatine-esque twist of the Master of Masters using some magical ability to create Xehanort, hah (to be clear this 99% won't be the case, but the storyline reminds me a lot of the dynamic between Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker).

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't think this a crazy theory at all at this point. I'm not sure if the identity of the "brown coat" at the beginning of Dark Road at Destiny Islands has been discussed (and so maybe that brown coat is always someone we know, my knowledge of KH lore is not foolproof), but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the MoM, Luxu or someone connected to them.
It's Ansem SoD.

D

Deleted member 252753

Maybe you're right but I don't think it's impossible that Master Odin teaches the upper class of 7 as well. We know from the BBS reports that Xehanort was passed over for the role of 'Sucessor' which gave me the impression there was one master overseeing their school. I guess it's not definitive though so we'll see.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Maybe you're right but I don't think it's impossible that Master Odin teaches the upper class of 7 as well. We know from the BBS reports that Xehanort was passed over for the role of 'Sucessor' which gave me the impression there was one master overseeing their school. I guess it's not definitive though so we'll see.

That reminds me, the DDD glossary states that the Successor is responsible for safekeeping the Land of Departure, something I hope they address in this entry. Is Odin currently responsible for LoD or someone else?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Is Odin currently responsible for LoD or someone else?
I presume it's Odin. I deduce that there might be a passage between Scala and LoD. Perhaps LoD is the traditional vehicle used to go from Scala to the worlds, seeing a show LoD is adjacent to the Worlds.

zander1995

Awards
I presume it's Odin. I deduce that there might be a passage between Scala and LoD. Perhaps LoD is the traditional vehicle used to go from Scala to the worlds, seeing a show LoD is adjacent to the Worlds.
I'm thinking it's more likely that, like how Castle Oblivion was a transformed Land of Departure, Land of Departure could be a transformed Scala ad Caelum. A large building at the top of a giant mountain (a city-mountain in Scala's case) is the main feature that both share.

Edit: I've also had this pet theory for a couple years that Castle Oblivion's defense mechanism is powered by the Book of Prophecies. The only other times we've seen worlds recreated from memories are in Coded and the X mobile series. In coded and COM's case, it's world made from memories of the past, and in the X series, it's worlds made from memories of the future. If Scala is LOD is CO, it could explain everything.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Land of Departure could be a transformed Scala ad Caelum.
I don't think that's the case. Land of Departure is only a fraction of Scala's size. I'm more inclined to believe that perhaps LoD is left of whatever happened to Scala and Masters are tasked to safeguard it because it is the last remnant of the Keyblade War's past.

GreyouTT

Awards
I don't think that's the case. Land of Departure is only a fraction of Scala's size. I'm more inclined to believe that perhaps LoD is left of whatever happened to Scala and Masters are tasked to safeguard it because it is the last remnant of the Keyblade War's past.
Could be possible that each Master can seek out a world to call their own and begin a school there.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Could be possible that each Master can seek out a world to call their own and begin a school there.
Quite possible as well, but LoD has the Castle Oblivion defense mechanism. Unless Masters are taught how to change worlds, and it wouldn't surprise me, seeing as how Xemnas sorta created TWTNW.

zander1995

Awards
I mean, the series is full of magic, so the actual size of the buildings don't necessarily mean that would be reflected in a transformed version of them. I also don't mean it's literally just Scala transformed into LOD (and Castle Oblivion was also significantly larger overall), but that the world itself could have been transformed into what LOD is now.

Plus just the entire aesthetic (large mountain with a white/gold themed palace at the top, surrounded by hundreds of other, similar mountains) is shared among both. The chains in LOD could also be a representation of its true nature being locked away to protect it.

And if Scala is the world that birthed all others, maybe it can birth new worlds too, which would explain why it's so important, and why Land of Departure has such an intense defense mechanism.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Scala transforming into LoD conflicts with the established lore that it has existed for a long time.

Generations of Keyblade Masters have been charged with keeping this land safe. Light and darkness exist in balance here, and there are those who would abuse such neutral ground. This is why our predecessors devised a certain...trick.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm positive there was some sort of Ragnarok like event that wiped out Scala ad Caelum. Maybe Odin foresaw it coming and created Land of Depture so Scala ad Caelum would leave behind some sort of legacy.

Depending on when the apocalypse happened maybe Aqua and Terra were residents of Scala before the world was destroyed

Back