• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Website Leaked - New Screenshots and Details Revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
There's nothing to retcon. Yen Sid never said he studied alongside Eraqus and Xehanort, just that he was once a Keyblade Master like them and that they've been friends for a long time.
I thought he said he studied with them at some point or trained with them before hanging up the mantle?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Was hoping their master would be a badass female wielder. Oh well.

I wonder if he is a reference to that old man summon from FF?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Was hoping their master would be a badass female wielder. Oh well.

I wonder if he is a reference to that old man summon from FF?
Ramuh? He does have 'Judgement' in his attack names. He can judge the students homework.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Ramuh? He does have 'Judgement' in his attack names. He can judge the students homework.
Yeah Ramuh. He also specializes in Thunder magic.

In regards to the Odin parallel isn't Odin also known for having one eye? Kind of like certain other characters in the series

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I guess “alongside” could mean multiple things. It’d be nice to see a young Yen Sid though.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

In regards to the Odin parallel isn't Odin also known for having one eye? Kind of like certain other characters in the series
There are two one eyed characters in the series right now. Put em together and they make a pair.

No, his exact language was that he "walked the path of the Keyblade Master alongside them."
I see. I misheard that.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Yep. It’s usually depicted as the right eye though.

Though if this is a direct reference to Odin, which I fully believe it is, I hope they use one of his other names for this character. Like Alföðr. Since the other new characters are based on lesser known Norse gods, I think Odin would stick out too much.

darknessofheart

Awards
I would love it if their master fell asleep while teaching in that scene and that's what they can't believe. His eyes are closed lol

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yep. It’s usually depicted as the right eye though.

Though if this is a direct reference to Odin, which I fully believe it is, I hope they use one of his other names for this character. Like Alföðr. Since the other new characters are based on lesser known Norse gods, I think Odin would stick out too much.
You know with all of these Norse Mythology references I wonder if Dark Road will end with a Ragnarok(which is also a FF staple) like event that wipes out Scala ad Caelum

Foxycian

Awards
Ok that explains why no one is a match to xehanort when it comes to magic, he studied in hogwarts
5538CD6D-7912-416B-821C-0C07C3725081.png

GreyouTT

Awards
Why do I get the feeling a younger Yen Sid would just be him without the beard and semi close to Walt Disney.

Which reminds me, you take a train to his place in KH2.

AR829038

Awards
I knew it wouldn't be Yen Sid. There was just never any way Disney would go for that.
Still, I didn't expect Yen Gandalf. If anything, I was expecting someone with more of a samurai aesthetic like Eraqus, cause this style of design just stands out so much in a place like Scala.

blank points

Awards
I won't lie, that was not the design I expected for Xehanort's and Eraqus's master. I do like it though. I definitely see Gandalf like everyone else, I can also see Ramuh there as well.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Took longer than expected but the website has now since been taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back