• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Website Leaked - New Screenshots and Details Revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If they're gonna follow Norse mythology, then yeah, I think they'll definitely name him Master Odin. Or they could pull a FINAL FANTASY and name him Master Ramuh.

Or watch Nomura pull an unexpected pitch and give him a Latin name based on wisdom or something like that.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm pretty sure that's just in case he needs to assume dominance and show off his pecs.
tumblr_nxd71aWjTt1tvhy2oo1_400.gifv

darknessofheart

Awards
I have to say that I like that the game already offers up a lot of answers to questions fans have been thinking about for years. I mean, it wouldn't make sense from a story perspective if we weren't given answers early, but still nice.

We seemingly now know how Xehanort left Destiny Islands, who his master is along with his companions. If the story can avoid the horrid fluff content that Unchained does, this has potential to be an entertaining experience.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Although their master turn out to be a woman would have been a breath of fresh hair, I'm really liking the new character designs from this game and the old man is not an exception. Nomura is on a roll.

This game story seems to have more potential than anything from KHX so far. It's giving me BBS vibes. What a waste, to be honest.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I could see their Master being old friends with Yen Sid. Maybe he will invite him to Scala ad Caelum as a special guest to teach his students magic

D

Deleted member 252753

You know with all of these Norse Mythology references I wonder if Dark Road will end with a Ragnarok(which is also a FF staple) like event that wipes out Scala ad Caelum
Looking it up a bit, it seems like Nomura has already leaned heavily into Ragnarok with the Keyblade War lore. Ragnarok legends include a great battle between the gods sending the cosmos to the void, the world sinking into the sea, the rebirth of the world, a chess-like game played by gods, Odin seeing the future and trading his eye for wisdom, even a traitor god Loki. I am surprised we haven't been talking about Ragnarok for ages!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

GreyouTT

Awards
The Urd screenshot has turned into a bit of a meme on twitter and I couldn't help myself.

1f6cmfjxd8551.png

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This game story seems to have more potential than anything from KHX so far. It's giving me BBS vibes. What a waste, to be honest.

Honestly, this is the very reason why this game is less exciting to me than the X sub-series is. Ignoring all the Disney world and player character fluff, the actual lore of X has been one of the most intriguing and entertaining Kingdom Hearts storytelling experiences.

Who expected Ventus, Marluxia and Larxene to be from The Age of Fairytales? and who expected Maleficent to have been involved with the story, too? I really cannot see how Dark Road is going to be topping any of that but I'd love to be proven wrong.

D

Deleted member 252753

Hopefully the move to a Norse theme will mean the localized DR won't need sanitized 'lifeboat' translations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back