• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD Remix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
From what I read he only stated that they were considering doing it. Haven't seen one bit where they confirm it's possible. I do hope they find a way though, without making us buy new stuff to make the AR work

They would just eliminate AR in the first place. It wash't really anything spectacular and since very few people like the Dream Eaters, I doubt they experimented with it much. They'd just cut it out and make it into a regular camera mode feature. Nothing of value would be lost.

As for the special DEs you'd get with the cards, any repackaged version would just have them automatically available in the game probably as rewards of some sort.

Everything else that was touch reliant in KH3D can be moved to button commands or to the touch pad.

Xelon99

Awards
They would just eliminate AR in the first place. It wash't really anything spectacular and since very few people like the Dream Eaters, I doubt they experimented with it much. They'd just cut it out and make it into a regular camera mode feature. Nothing of value would be lost.

As for the special DEs you'd get with the cards, any repackaged version would just have them automatically available in the game probably as rewards of some sort.

Everything else that was touch reliant in KH3D can be moved to button commands or to the touch pad.

To be honest, I would love to see a way they'd integrate the AR system with the Kinect 2.0 if it would come to Xbone. Who wouldn't like a lifesize Meow wow in the room? But practically speaking, they would have to come up with a new way to "pet" the dreameaters in order to change their dispositions and get specific commands. I'd simply make that happen through a cursor-hand. They'd only have to remove the "Save 20 pictures" trophy in the game itself.

The only other touch-relevant feature for the game would be the Flowmotion, which doesn't even need any touching to function well.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Also I think the PS4 has a (optional) camera thing too so they could make that cross platform. I'd love to see that, tho since I got the 3DS version it'd have to add to the story somehow/more features before I'd buy it again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To be honest, I would love to see a way they'd integrate the AR system with the Kinect 2.0 if it would come to Xbone. Who wouldn't like a lifesize Meow wow in the room?

PS4 also has a camera for AR stuff, but in the long-run it isn't worth it for a budgeted port.

But practically speaking, they would have to come up with a new way to "pet" the dreameaters in order to change their dispositions and get specific commands.

The touch pad tracks finger movement. You'd just tap to poke, rub to pet like on the 3DS.

They'd only have to remove the "Save 20 pictures" trophy in the game itself.

PS4 has a screenshot mode, though. Why would they remove something that still has functionality?

What has to be removed is the friend link portal stuff.

The only other touch-relevant feature for the game would be the Flowmotion, which doesn't even need any touching to function well.

Flowmotion doesn't use touch at all. You mean Reality Shift?

Xelon99

Awards
Oh yeah, forgot the ps4 has a camera as well now. I don't have a ps4 myself so I don't really follow any advancements in that department. But that would mean that actually anything involving Dream Eaters would be able to be converted to those cameras. But like I said before that's a lot of work and since not everyone has the camera's, I'm willing to doubt on that possibility. Not everyone has $100+ to purchase a camera, let alone if it's for just one or two games.

The Portals could be used actually, just swap them from the touch-screen view to perhaps silhouettes. Like the Unversed missions in BBS. And that would mean people would tell their friends about the game, in order to get the friendship portals done. Which then would mean more sales.

And yes, I meant Reality Shift. Been a while since I played DDD and I looked it up again. And Reality Shift is actually necessary in some ways. Like in The Grid you'd need to use it more extensively than in say Traverse Town.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
for friend portals, maybe they shouldn't get rid of them. Just have the in-game "warrior of light" and others like in the original and maybe you can leave your PS friends challenges, send it to their game at the click of a button. I say cut the camera features entirely, they didn't add anything and many people don't have PS cameras or kinects, hell, on the 3ds I just took 20 pics in succession to obtain the trophy. They should increase the number of DEs, add more secret boss enemies, new cutscenes, new commands, lower requirements for affinity levels, have abilities permanent with the option to switch off like in bbs and move the camera back to look like a console game.

it was really jarring in bbsfm playing on the big screen when the camera was designed for a psp. I assume it would be a similar dilemma for DDD. Really not sure what they are going to do for flick rush. I hated that on 3ds and now the multiplayer is stripped, would be really cool if they replaced it with a mirage arena mode that worked like GTA online, with progress transfer for III and an online/local multiplayer component.

or I'm thinking too far into it and they should just give is a sho minamoto boss haha

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh yeah, forgot the ps4 has a camera as well now. I don't have a ps4 myself so I don't really follow any advancements in that department. But that would mean that actually anything involving Dream Eaters would be able to be converted to those cameras. But like I said before that's a lot of work and since not everyone has the camera's, I'm willing to doubt on that possibility. Not everyone has $100+ to purchase a camera, let alone if it's for just one or two games.

It's not just because of the cost for the consumer, but also because it would just cost too much to do in a port of a game when they will want to prioritize other aspects of the game like updating assets, fixing the glitches that NEED fixing, and likely adding something in the port to make it worthwhile for old fans to pick it up.

The Portals could be used actually, just swap them from the touch-screen view to perhaps silhouettes. Like the Unversed missions in BBS. And that would mean people would tell their friends about the game, in order to get the friendship portals done. Which then would mean more sales.

That...isn't what I mean. 10/10 SE will remove any connectivity/network feature in a handheld game ported to a console as a remaster. They did it with BBS, they did it with Type-0. It'd most certainly be removed for KH3D because they would have 1) recode how the game works with connecting to friends 2) would have to pay for a server to allow network features to be possible. That is extra work and money they don't have the resources for.

for friend portals, maybe they shouldn't get rid of them. Just have the in-game "warrior of light" and others like in the original

Yeah, I wasn't saying to remove the function entirely. I was really referring to the in-game trophy.

and maybe you can leave your PS friends challenges, send it to their game at the click of a button

But like I said before, that's time they'd need to spend recoding how friend link portals work. It's likely not cost effective to do, though I'd be extremely happy if they did it since it is a simple feature.

They should increase the number of DEs, add more secret boss enemies, new cutscenes, new commands, lower requirements for affinity levels, have abilities permanent with the option to switch off like in bbs and move the camera back to look like a console game.

I agree.

The affinity level thing was crap and I refused to do it. Make it max at 4 or something because nobody has time for that crap at all. I wouldn't mind if they added more DEs if they were miniature version of bosses. Why can't we get a Spellican or Wargoyle? They have too many palette swaps :|

or I'm thinking too far into it and they should just give is a sho minamoto boss haha

The boss we deserve. I never understood why they didn't have him in KH3D as a character (Def March + Sho as Flick Rush opponents was total highway robbery). He should be a secret boss you run into when you go back to Traverse Town, drawing Taboo "Dream Eater" refinery sigils on the ground of some district or is making one of his piles of trash then fights us in his Taboo Noise form or as Leo Cantus.

For Sora's cutscenes, he'd be super confused over all of the math terms "hectawhat?" and for Riku he'd be sassy "No wonder they call you pi-face. You're completely irrational."

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
@spocky omg I read the lines in their voices too

the only reason I tried leveling their affinity was for replay value, the only thing the game lacked. I also kind of think they should bring back traditional level just a bit, I like the command panels and bonus levels but with affinity and abilities that you lose with another DE, it's getting to be too much.

Denne

I actually think we will get a DDD remix for both Ps3 and Ps4 beacuse the ending of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 showed remastered scenes from DDD

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I actually think we will get a DDD remix for both Ps3 and Ps4 beacuse the ending of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 showed remastered scenes from DDD

Why would that imply DDD releasing on both systems? I doubt they would spend the resources for the sake of a remaster X2

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Not to mention the credits for 2.5 also showed off KH3, which is definitely not a cross-gen game.

Honestly, there's no doubt in my mind that DDDHD will be on PS4 - that is, if (aka when) a 1.5+2.5 HD Remaster for PS4 (and hopefully Xbone) is announced.

But PS3? Unlikely, to me at least

Hovhannes1998

I think if it does get remastered, it will probably not be on PS4, but PS5 (assuming one comes out) since KH3 is on PS4 and the remaster would most likely be like 2.5, just 3.5. That being said, I would definitely like a remastered version since I absolutely loved the flowmotion function and think it would be way cooler on the big screen. Still though, by the time PS5 comes out some games will probably cost close to $80 dollars. Not good because I will probably be in college at that time. :)

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I think if it does get remastered, it will probably not be on PS4, but PS5 (assuming one comes out) since KH3 is on PS4 and the remaster would most likely be like 2.5, just 3.5. That being said, I would definitely like a remastered version since I absolutely loved the flowmotion function and think it would be way cooler on the big screen. Still though, by the time PS5 comes out some games will probably cost close to $80 dollars. Not good because I will probably be in college at that time. :)

I don't think you need to worry about DDD being on PS5 or anything like that. If it gets Remastered (which it probably will), it'll definitely be before KH3. There's no way they'd wait until after to release it, especially since that would make no sense since DDD is kind of heavily needed for KH3.

I don't even wanna imagine $80 games. Makes me feel like I'm living in Australia.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
When games are $80 a piece I'll stop buying them until they hit the bargain bin. It'll make a great strategy for saving me money.

Hovhannes1998

I don't think you need to worry about DDD being on PS5 or anything like that. If it gets Remastered (which it probably will), it'll definitely be before KH3. There's no way they'd wait until after to release it, especially since that would make no sense since DDD is kind of heavily needed for KH3.

I don't even wanna imagine $80 games. Makes me feel like I'm living in Australia.

While it is unrefusable that DDD is important for KH3 story, I simply have a hard time seeing DDD be remade by itself. This is why sort of like BBS and KH2 are on one game (while slightly less connected than DDD and KH3) there may be a remix with KH3 and DDD. No one knows for sure (except the makers) but I have noticed the pattern with the remix releases.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The difference is, the remixes were released years before 3 and while important to the story, they are released in a package where it doesn't matter the order you play them in and compliment each other. Most people, especially newcomers to kh, would begin with the numbered title. Now the issue is, beginning a 3.5 would leave many confused, and playing DDD after the main attraction would be mostly an afterthought and seem underwhelming in comparison to the saga's finale.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Eh, had done everything from 1.5 and 2.5 so after a month long break of KH decided to break out the old handheld for a Dream Drop Distance playthrough( finshed Traverse Town). What shame if this this game doesn't get remaster because it truly would be all kinds of epic on the big screen and I also got tired of my 3DS burning up when I was playing.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Eh, had done everything from 1.5 and 2.5 so after a month long break of KH decided to break out the old handheld for a Dream Drop Distance playthrough( finshed Traverse Town). What shame if this this game doesn't get remaster because it truly would be all kinds of epic on the big screen and I also got tired of my 3DS burning up when I was playing.
My old DDD copy broke when I tried to play it recently, so I tried a trick online and soaked it in alcohol, it played for twenty minutes but stopped for good and won't play again, even after wiping my data, so it would be a shame to not get such a great game, integral to the story, on the big screen.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. is DEFINITELY a game that can benefit from the graphics upgrade and bigger screen through a High-Definition remastering because it features BIG world areas that you traverse utilizing Flowmotion. Another benefit would be that with a HD console such as Sony's PlayStation 4, they can upgrade its sound and listen to the game through TV speakers, and not the small, and not-so-loud Nintendo 3DS speakers (I played through the game with my earphones on).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back