• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Fan Video Game (Working Title)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

voltage

Kingdom Hearts Online Video Game (Darkness Zero)

Hey everyone!

I've got something very exciting to share! A brand new Kingdom Hearts Fan game. This game title has been used for previous works like R3draw studio's releases on Gamejolt. I'm mentioning this to assure you him and I are not the same. I simply do not have a working title, over time it will come to me. :)

I've posted on other forums for a startup, but I'm here to share what I've done so far. I hope you really like it!

Update 1:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://i.imgur.com/XQQlZjy.png

Update 2:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://i.imgur.com/gL5kKgD.png

Update 3:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://i.imgur.com/91es9m8.png

Updates come once a week, I hope you're excited! It's also worth noting unlike other 3d fandoms, I will NOT be ripping a single 3d model from the original games. All 3d content will be 100% originally created from myself. I want to ensure the quality of the assets melds together nicely. Textures and Music are highly considered though.

See you soon! Feel free to comment on anything you like.

Last edited:

voltage

I know those of you who follow this thread have been patient and I hope this satisfies you until next week!

Update 4:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm taking suggestions for in-game content btw. If you're a fan of this series and want to incorporate some kind of influence. Here's your chance!

(Image links aren't working because of dropbox?)

@Eventua;
Thanks for the comment, it's greatly appreciated. I hope you stay tuned.

Till next time.

Last edited:

Venx

That's really cool, because I'm working on a fangame myself in my freetime. Not for Kingdom Hearts, but the gameplay is based on it. So I'm really interested in what your game is gonna be. Do you recreate KH 1 or what's your plan right now?

voltage

@Venx

Likewise, I'm very interested how your game turns out. As we both should know, capturing the gameplay style of this series is not an easy task. My animating skills will have to be pushed beyond its limits and more to look right, but I look forward to the task. Perhaps you should start a thread on your game too? Are you 3d or 2d?

My current plan is to start small and gradually progress into something bigger if I garner a fan base. I have an entirely new adventure in mind, but I can't give that away until some updates catch people by surprise. :cool:

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
I know those of you who follow this thread have been patient and I hope this satisfies you until next week!

Update 4:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yddmb2xl7smc0f3/shadow.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbionwiioivay0w/shadow2.png?dl=0

I'm taking suggestions for in-game content btw. If you want to incorporate some kind of influence. Here's your chance!

(Image links aren't working because of dropbox?)

Till next time.

I would personally recommend you saving your pictures to imgur, because I think that it's a much easier website to work with.

But, if you want to continue using dropbox, you need to link to the image itself, not the page containing the image.

For example, let's use the picture of the shadow you've rendered. That link will take you to the page containing the image, but if you try to use the tag with it, you'll end up with a broken link.

Instead, you should right click on the image and - depending on what browser you're using - click "Copy image URL" or "Copy Image Location." For your shadow render, you'll get a link that looks like this: [url]https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/2/AAB1_wSWJa8IEOTehimzy0XjhpsSspsSnZUAvll6HskMPA/12/403788392/png/32x32/1/1441746000/0/2/shadow.png/COikxcABIAEgAiADIAQgBSAGIAcoAg/z-DXDsTU42LOfNWp45jQMgY2Pb4iFjxGeAQwKM3hnpQ?size=1024x768&size_mode=2[/url]

Pretty gnarly, right? But, if you throw the [IMG] tags around it, you'll end up with this:
[IMG]https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/2/AAB1_wSWJa8IEOTehimzy0XjhpsSspsSnZUAvll6HskMPA/12/403788392/png/32x32/1/1441746000/0/2/shadow.png/COikxcABIAEgAiADIAQgBSAGIAcoAg/z-DXDsTU42LOfNWp45jQMgY2Pb4iFjxGeAQwKM3hnpQ?size=1024x768&size_mode=2

Hopefully that's helpful to you. Keep up the good work, I'm excited to see what comes of this!

voltage

@lions
I sincerely appreciate you correcting my oversight on the image script. It's something I've made a mistake on for a number of forums. Rest assured, they all look appropriate because of your help. :cool:

I hope to not disappoint. Thank you again for taking interest everyone.

Last edited:

Venx

I don't think you can disappoint. You're doing this all by yourself and no one loses everything. At the end we have a fangame made with love, that people can enjoy.

voltage

It's been a bit of a long one, but I'm back!

Update 5:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Enigma character model was severely unfinished. I imported him to the game engine and he had plenty of graphical errors. Now he's more refined and there'll be at least two variants. What could this mean for the story?

Last edited:

Venx

@Venx

Likewise, I'm very interested how your game turns out. As we both should know, capturing the gameplay style of this series is not an easy task. My animating skills will have to be pushed beyond its limits and more to look right, but I look forward to the task. Perhaps you should start a thread on your game too? Are you 3d or 2d?

My current plan is to start small and gradually progress into something bigger if I garner a fan base. I have an entirely new adventure in mind, but I can't give that away until some updates catch people by surprise. :cool:

First time I see this question, sorry for not replying. The game will be in 3D, until now I have 1 Trashmob (full textured and modeled) and working on my protagonist right now. I think I'll start a thread when I textured him. I don't have any programming or modeling skills, but what I did is pretty good for just using some yt-tutorials. My goal is to finish the first level with every animation etc. before the year ends. Let's see how I'll do.

By the way, is it just me or do the new pictures not show up?

voltage

@Venx,

Sounds like you've done a good job learning so quick. Just how quick did you learn this?

I've switched to Imgur and updated all my posts. Hopefully this failed image non-sense will be put at an end. Working diligently on Update 6!

Venx

@Venx,
Just how quick did you learn this?

Not sure how good I'm acutally are, but after 3 weekends I got the blenderbasics and knew how to work with it by myself. We'll see when I finished my protagonist.

voltage

Update 6:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

All content is subject to change/additional mechanics to be applied.

Venx

The gumiship will never leave me, I see....but it looks really great! Did you finish the first map or just started with the gumiship, because you wanted to?

voltage

@Venx,

I intend on Gummi events only occurring when a new world is being obtained. After you've visited that world, you'll automatically have a warp drive option to go back. I'm also considering alternative routes depending on your gummi event actions. Akin to Star Fox 64.

No worlds have currently been developed other than the Deep Dive. The story is under constant revision, so implementing worlds at this stage is not the best idea.

And finally, players don't like Gummis? I'll work hard to make it fun and meaningful to your player's progression. I.E. Killing heartless space ships will gain your character "XP" instead of "Score".

RoyalOblivion

Hmm, why not apply the XP gain to the gummiship instead? Have upgrades for the gummiship, perhaps talent trees? This can add depth to the gameplay (and also expand scope of your project) because with having the choice of customizing the gummiship through the reward of XP, you'd need reasons to customize certain things. So you could add various enemy types and obstacles to test the player and their talent tree decision. Possibly even remove the ship from the on rails shooter and keep it more open, but still bounded in one direction. I'd say this will make the gummiship mini-game more interesting and a feeling of more control over the events of flying it. Because as it stands right now...I detest every single gummiship mini-game. I don't feel like it makes any significant addition to the gameplay as a whole.

Last edited:

voltage

@RoyalOblivion,

I'll take your words into consideration. I think people are finding it irrelevant to their core gameplay. I never liked gummi traveling between worlds when I needed to buy potions at Cid's shop, hence the automatic warp option. I'll think about player rewards, side-quests & easter eggs as time goes by. But I can't give away all my secrets.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back