• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom hearts final mix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

lewissnicholls

Website
pnx-clan.com
Hi guys I'm new to the forum, i started playing KH2 for the first time a couple of years ago, i realise now how incredibly stupid that was. So now i'm playing through KH1 and recording every single cut scene to better understand the story.. but i found out that theres another version called final mix.. It has a few extra stuff such as cut-scenes ect.. I can't find a place to buy it, i ended up getting the platinum version but i wanna get KH final mix because it will tell me more of the story.

Can anyone give me more information? Was it released in America translated? And what games should i play, cause i know theres quite a few differnt versions of the games and i have been searching for answers for a few days with no luck, i hope you can help!

ZiggyK

Final Mix is only avaliable in Japan. I won't tell you the stuff that happens because you haven't specified where you are in the games and it might spoil it, but you don't need Final Mix to better understand the story. All it is is a few extra boss fights and a little behind the scenes cutscenes.

You can always try google or ask someone here if you want to know what is in it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
There's no need to record every single cutscene.
Just go to KH-Vids.net to get your fix.

The Final Mix games have only come out in Japan. In order to even be able to play them, you'd need to get a PS2 Swap Magic that's compatible with your PS2. It's never been officially translated. The Final Mix games do not render the events of KH1 or 2 meaningless, they expand on them. They are not necessary to your understanding of the series. Just look up the Final Mix changes/additions on the KH Wiki and then look up the relevant articles.

lewissnicholls

Website
pnx-clan.com
Ok cool thanks guys. I have KH platinum Edition I'm playing through again atm, and i have KH2 but i won't play that until i get through Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories, i can buy that as a stand along game right? I don't have to buy KH2 final mix, Because that wasn't released in America?

zero123

Re: CoM is only a standalone game in the U.S. , so yeah, you can buy it. Or play it on a gba emulator.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Ok cool thanks guys. I have KH platinum Edition I'm playing through again atm,
Platinum PS2 games aren't a different edition. Their content is exactly the same as the regular game, they just get a fancy case to indicate that the game has sold very well.

ZiggyK

∞;5138289 said:
Platinum PS2 games aren't a different edition. Their content is exactly the same as the regular game, they just get a fancy case to indicate that the game has sold very well.

And idiots buy the non-platinum versions second hand for more money than it costs in store because they are 'rare'.

Well that's the opinion a friend of mine has.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
And idiots buy the non-platinum versions second hand for more money than it costs in store because they are 'rare'.

Well that's the opinion a friend of mine has.

Your friend is stupid.

Compare the Greatest Hits KH1 and the Normal and you see a big difference.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The case and the disc.

The original cover art is now smaller, placed within a silver frame. Likewise, the disc loses all the original artwork, and is instead a combination of silver and black, with the game fairly hard to differentiate from other games, given there's now no visual cue.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The original cover art is now smaller, placed within a silver frame. Likewise, the disc loses all the original artwork, and is instead a combination of silver and black, with the game fairly hard to differentiate from other games, given there's now no visual cue.
I hate that, have that version and would pay to change but no one even have the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back