• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Game Manual

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Why can't this be inside the case? ;A;

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Because for some reason Square Enix hates giving the fans pretty things ;A;

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
A lot of companies are going "green", mostly in an effort to cut costs, by not printing these full game manuals anymore. Honestly, the casual gamer doesn't really read these and brushes right past it into the game anyways. Now you see a typical 1 or 2 page leaflet. I did notice they have the website to visit the manual inside, so it's nice a PDF is there for reference purposes.

iLeen

Awards
:O I should just print this out to make it official.

Also, a lot of letters are purposely omitted, right? Or is my computer just going whack?

Cause this is what I'm seeing...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i love the new manual smell though ;A;

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
If this turns out to be in some version, I'm willing to buy it again for the BD case + the manual alone (when the price drops). Anyone who has the standard US / UK version and can help us on whether this is included.

Thanks Chaser btw! :redface: It looks fantastic!

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
A lot of companies are going "green", mostly in an effort to cut costs, by not printing these full game manuals anymore. Honestly, the casual gamer doesn't really read these and brushes right past it into the game anyways. Now you see a typical 1 or 2 page leaflet. I did notice they have the website to visit the manual inside, so it's nice a PDF is there for reference purposes.

Bu- but, I read them

​Need hard copy pls

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If this turns out to be in some version, I'm willing to buy it again for the BD case + the manual alone (when the price drops). Anyone who has the standard US / UK version and can help us on whether this is included.

I've got the R2 Limited Edition and nope, it didn't come with the manual, so I doubt the standard versions do. It did come with an artbook that doubles as the disc case, though. I guess that makes it up for me. :p

What's funny though is that the Japanese copies are, as far as I'm aware of, all shipped with the hard copy of the manual. And dang, it's beautiful...

Gonzales95

Awards
I have the PAL Standard edition, and whilst there's a manual, it's absolutely tiny and just has the controls for the two games in it.

Also, both in my manual and that digital one, they got the controls for Final Mix wrong. Jump is O, not X. Don't know if anyone else noticed that.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b but I like manuals. They tell me things.

:O I should just print this out to make it official.

Also, a lot of letters are purposely omitted, right? Or is my computer just going whack?

Cause this is what I'm seeing...

Spoiler Spoiler Show
No We o, No We o, wherefore art thou No We o?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Wasn't this the manual for the Japanese edition? I recognize those character profiles from an unboxing video back when the game was released in Japan. Except the pdf is translated. Wonder why they went to the trouble of doing that only to give us the super thin two page manual that they did. Not that I'm complaining though. A lot of games nowadays are coming without any manuals at all or just online passes. At least there's a manual of any kind.

-Roxas-XIII-

Wait a minute! There's a manual??!?!? o_O

What kind of nonsense is this? Why did the Limited Edition only come with a 2 page sheet that only has controls?
What versions of the game got this larger manual?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's the Japanese copy of the game. It's a full-fledged, 51-page manual that tells a myriad of things, starting from controls, Gummi ship, card deck building, and best of all, character profiles for each featured game. That is a gem to feast your eyes on.

-Roxas-XIII-

It's the Japanese copy of the game. It's a full-fledged, 51-page manual that tells a myriad of things, starting from controls, Gummi ship, card deck building, and best of all, character profiles for each featured game. That is a gem to feast your eyes on.

So the Japanese copy of the game has an English manual with screencaps from the English version of the game which was not even finished yet when the manual would have had to been printed?
Jackie-Chan-Meme-Template.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No, the Japanese game had this manual in Japanese.
Square Enix just made the same manual into english and, rather than giving it to anyone, uploaded it online.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Oh, no, no. I'm sorry if I've caused you confusion. My bad, the fault was on me. I should've read your question and worded my answer more carefully. I wasn't aware that you were referring to the English digital manual posted by Chaser.

How about this? As of now we still don't know whether there are copies of the game that ship with the full hard copy manual. I hope there will be, simply because it's too good to not have... although if the opposite is the case, at least we still have that digital one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back