• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

Yeah chill, the only debunking was done by Chaser. *laughs*

Not getting my hopes up at all, the logical part of me is trying its best to keep that familiar glimmer of hope that tries to show its head every e3 under control

notnow123487

Awards

I know that this is 99% most likely first party titles, but I thought I'd just build up people's hopes and point out that Kingdom Hearts: Remembrance is exactly 27 characters.

Nintendo-Wii-U-Launch-Titles-Tease-on-Facebook.jpg

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I know that this is 99% most likely first party titles, but I thought I'd just build up people's hopes and point out that Kingdom Hearts: Remembrance is exactly 27 characters.

What are the chances they'll release these games on the console's launch, though? I guess it depends on the Wii U's release date and how far along this game *possibly* is.

Digs

What kind of game name is 33 characters long?
Interesting, well played Nintendo.
K▒I▒N▒G▒D▒O▒M▒ ▒H▒E▒A▒R▒T▒S▒:▒ ▒R▒E▒M▒E▒M▒B▒R▒A▒N▒C▒E▒

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

What kind of game name is 33 characters long?
Interesting, well played Nintendo.
K▒I▒N▒G▒D▒O▒M▒ ▒H▒E▒A▒R▒T▒S▒:▒ ▒R▒E▒M▒E▒M▒B▒R▒A▒N▒C▒E▒

They said names. As in more than one game.

Digs

They said names. As in more than one game.
Three lines of blocks on the facebook post, the first line has 33 characters.
I said nothing about the post suggesting a single game.

notnow123487

Awards

But what are the chances they would release it on day one? Very slim.

thats not what i was talking about. Anyway I already said that I'm 99% sure they are talking about the three first party titles that would release on launch day. I just thought I'd throw out something to give the rumor some sort of life.

Digs

But what are the chances they would release it on day one? Very slim.
Why are the chances slim? That's on honest question I'm not trying to start anything, I'm genuinely curious.

I can see it from the point of it being completely out of character for Square to work on a launch title, but Nintendo isn't blind to how popular the series is and having a collection of almost the entire series on launch day would be easy pay day for both companies. Also the fact that Nintendo just had an embarrassing launch with the 3ds not having a single solid title to drive sales, some would say it still doesn't, it'd be in Nintendo's best interest to build a solid launch lineup, especially with proven properties.
Plus, Square doesn't have much to bank off of these days, in times like these it might drive a company to try something out of character.

Last edited:

TepidShark

Awards

It is the fact that they include Days in the collection that makes me skeptical that it is true. Unless they were playing to remake the game, a DS game in HD would be kind of weird.

Though if does end up being true, I am glad that, like me, Square Enix is trying to pretend Coded never happened.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

But Re:coded is so awesome...better than Days to me. Hardly important, but way more fun to play than Days.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I agree, Ethy. Re:coded is like a KH arcade game.

also the fact that cloud uses his FF7 spellcasting and victory animations XD

TepidShark

Awards

Re: Coded's story could have been told in a single cutscene (and was pointless to be told after Birth by Sleep had come out), it is basically yet another retread of 1, the Stat Matrix wasn't as interesting as the Panel System in Days, it made no sense that commands went all the way up to Level 100, and I was just bored by the game overall.

As far as the other types of gameplay like the turn-based stuff, I guess it is cool that they tried that, but I come to Kingdom Hearts to play Kingdom Hearts and to see how they have expanded on Kingdom Hearts combat, and have never been really interested in stuff that wasn't that. But unlike other games where the side stuff was mildly enjoyable, I literally could not stand that stuff in Re: Coded.

I have never felt like Square Enix has been trying to cash in on Kingdom Hearts, but if there was ever a game that made me feel that way it would be Re: Coded probably.

(Getting back to the discussion at hand though, this site Aussie Gamer had some interesting thoughts on why they think the HD Collection thing is false.)

Last edited:

Digs

(Getting back to the discussion at hand though, this site Aussie Gamer had some interesting thoughts on why they think the HD Collection thing is false.)
I'm not sure how to take that, it seemed they had no clue that KH:CoM had already been remade for PS2.
I know the rumor leaves out the RE: in CoM, but that'd be an incredible step backwards to consider a GBA game on a PS3/WiiU disc.
It also doesn't help that they went out of their way so far to throw in a couple cheap shots at DualPixels.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

lol Coded was actually a fun game. Days focused more on story and was less fun than watching molasses drip down a wall.

If they make another small game that's actually fun then I'd buy it.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

LOOK!

Dual Pixels is confident that a collection of the Kingdom Hearts games will be revealed at E3 next week. The series’ director, Tetsuya Nomura, wants to bring Kingdom Hearts back to consoles, so this may not be too far-fetched. The collection is said to include remastered versions of the original Kingdom Hearts, its direct-sequel, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep. If this claim is true, it will be released for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and Wii U. Does this collection seem too good to be true?
hope? . fake?
E3 come quick.

from the same source "Geno" who leaked the castlevania lord of shadows sequel, so who knows. :'D
EDIT:
was already posted...

SMH
sorry.

Last edited:

TepidShark

Awards

Let's put it this way if this rumor for some reason proves true, of the two I would rather play Days then Coded (I probably wouldn't even play Coded if it was part of an HD Collection). But all this is beside the point because both of them are non-essential games anyway unlike BBS & DDD. And while I can't speak to DDD's quality, since the English version isn't out yet, I can say that I think BBS was better then both Days and Coded (In fact I think BBS is the best entry in the series thus far).

I'm not sure how to take that, it seemed they had no clue that KH:CoM had already been remade for PS2.
I know the rumor leaves out the RE: in CoM, but that'd be an incredible step backwards to consider a GBA game on a PS3/WiiU disc.
It also doesn't help that they went out of their way so far to throw in a couple cheap shots at DualPixels.

To be clear I wasn't posting this Aussie Gamer article as gospel, but rather as a differing perspective. The reality is, unless Square Enix themselves get in front of this and say yay or nay, we probably won't know the truth either way till after E3.

Digs

To be clear I wasn't posting this Aussie Gamer article as gospel, but rather as a differing perspective. The reality is, unless Square Enix themselves get in front of this and say yay or nay, we probably won't know the truth either way till after E3.
I know, I was commenting on how arrogant they make their self out to be. I can understand the site wanting to give their two cents about the rumor, but to try and run another site down for no good reason is just pathetic.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

But Re:coded is so awesome...better than Days to me. Hardly important, but way more fun to play than Days.
I'm still sceptical about this whole thing, but really it would be easy for the people to Remake Days in high quality graphics. All they need to do it is copy and paste the rooms and characters. Xion already has a HQ model and she's the only new character I believe. They'd just need to make the mazes in Wonderland, the rocks in Neverland, and that little section of Beasts Castle.I wish they included Re:Coded in the image though. Would be a cool thing to have unlocked when everything else is complete <3

And thus, those BBSv.2 scenes can be implimented, as well as more foreshadowing. I do hope it's real, but yeah fake :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back