• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SORA619

Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

Hope the rumors are true!! :( A HD collection is the least they can do for us fans...

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Even if this proves to be false it does not mean that there will not be an HD collection at all. Just that this is not it.

Heartkeeper

Awards

I hope it's true, specially because I will love to play the games in VITA, specially if they are the final mix versions. I enjoyed 358 days but the can convert the game into 30 minute movie a probably nobody will complain.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

We got back in contact with Geno late yesterday and he told us to make two quick notes in regards to this rumor. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will be re-rendered within the engine more in tune with the other Kingdom Hearts titles listed above which have all released on PlayStation consoles (PS2 & PSP). 358/2 Days utilized two screens on Nintendo DS, with the touch screen typically used for maps and a HUD.
The purpose of this collective of Kingdom Hearts games is to unify the series' expansive plot leading into the next generation where Kingdom Hearts 3 is expected to make its debut.
tumblr_lnvk3cfdEE1qa8sgi.gif

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

DAMN IT. TETSUYA NOMURA HIMSELF CONFIRMED IT TO BE FALSE. GO HOME EVERYONE, IT'S ALL OVER.

2) Nomura debunking it means NOTHING. If they were trying to keep it a surprise until E3, they'd lie about it (just like David Jaffe lied about Twisted Metal PS3) anyway

did nomura debunk it? i thought that was just one forum member saying "lol *laughs*" and then another one joking, saying LOOK, NOMURA!

Yeah chill, the only debunking was done by Chaser. *laughs*

You guys... I just... I love you guys... so much and this is for you.
[video=youtube;rQi8wEHMm5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQi8wEHMm5Y[/video]
I feel honoured to have people mistake what I said for Nomura(though personally, I blame Chimichanga ;) )

Anyways, all we shall do now is wait. I'm not getting my hopes up though. Good for you though, if you do. Just don't be too disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be true :(

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

The thing that makes it fishy to me is the fact that it doesn't include Re:Coded and there's no way they'd put a collection of 6 games in one. Unless they split it into two collections....which I'd happily pay for anyway.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

One of the things I find most fishy is why they'd included bonus content for Dream Drop Distance in the Wii U version of the game and not included it in the others.All of this is just not sitting right.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

The thing that makes it fishy to me is the fact that it doesn't include Re:Coded and there's no way they'd put a collection of 6 games in one. Unless they split it into two collections....which I'd happily pay for anyway.

yeah, 2 collections seems more likely if they are to do all games. I'd be very happy to buy all of them, since the last KH game I've bought is KH 2

Awards

As we've discussed, a Days remake is not at all farfetched and wouldn't require a lot of effort. Remember, there was that one random comment where Nomura said he'd like to see how Days plays with an analog (still not sure of the context of that or if it's true).

At this point I think it's fairly obvious we're getting an HD collection, it's only a matter of which titles will be included. I mean, with all of Nomura's recent comments, such as:

GI: Would you ever want to see a high-definition collections of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II similar to the upcoming Final Fantasy X HD remaster?

TN: I do have an interest in HD versions, and I'm currently researching them. If it is possible, I would like to do something about the series being spread over so many different consoles, too. I am thinking alot about the future.
[...] I also feel that it's about time that Kingdom Hearts should go back to being on a console.

Talking about how the series is spread over so many different consoles in relation to an HD collection seems to suggest that he wants more than just KH1/KH2 (and even Re:CoM) in said collection.

And not to mention:
The secret message in DDD:

"The past will be reawakened as a new number
In never-before-seen detail
Prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number"

I mean... that pretty much spells it out. The past is prior games, never-before-seen detail is HD.

Yes, I don't believe for a second that they would package 5+ games together, but the rumor doesn't even mention that. This "Kingdom Hearts: Remembrance" or what have you could be spread over 2-3 HD Remix collections. How they would divvy up the games, not sure.

I could see:
- KH1+KH2, CoM+Days+BbS
- BbS+KH1, KH2+CoM+Days
or if Re:coded was actually included:
- BbS+Re:coded, KH1+CoM, KH2+Days

I can absolutely see why they would choose to not include Re:coded, though. It's already been completely remade (CoM would not need another complete remake, just an HD polishing), it's the most recent title aside from DDD, and it's the lightest/least necessary of the games in terms of story. And I don't think they'd want to go through the trouble of making all those mini games again from the ground up.

Even the idea of there being additional content/sidequests sounds reasonable. BbSv2 seems to have been scrapped, and that was the title which seemed like it was going to connect the series together and fill in a few of the missing gaps in preparation of KH3. I can easily see those pieces being transferred over to an HD collection in the form of a handful of new cutscenes and whatnot.

So this rumor isn't as far out of left field as you would think. An HD collection, if you ask me, isn't a question of if but when. Most people say we'd get KH1HD and KH2HD at most, but I would personally say that's what we'll get at least.
Of course, not trying to get any hopes up and I'm not necessarily saying I believe this rumor. Yeah, it does seem sketchy and this guy may have realized everything I just said and pulled this out of his ass. So I'm not exactly anticipating an announcement at E3 but I am admittedly anticipating the announcement of some HD collection sooner or later, that much seems obvious.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Would buy, especially if all the games listed are included and its 60fps. It would probably be like 60-80 bucks new.

Cherryjuice

This is much to good to be true.
There will be a KH HD Remake someday I guess, but I'll doubt we'll see anything related to a KH HD collection next week at E3...

VLR.XIII

What kind of game name is 33 characters long?
Interesting, well played Nintendo.
K▒I▒N▒G▒D▒O▒M▒ ▒H▒E▒A▒R▒T▒S▒:▒ ▒R▒E▒M▒E▒M▒B▒R▒A▒N▒C▒E▒

The Legend Of Zelda:Skyward Sword

Plenty of games have 33 character + names.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

You guys... I just... I love you guys... so much and this is for you.
[video=youtube;rQi8wEHMm5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQi8wEHMm5Y[/video]
I feel honoured to have people mistake what I said for Nomura(though personally, I blame Chimichanga ;) )

Anyways, all we shall do now is wait. I'm not getting my hopes up though. Good for you though, if you do. Just don't be too disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be true :(
original.JPG

One of the things I find most fishy is why they'd included bonus content for Dream Drop Distance in the Wii U version of the game and not included it in the others.All of this is just not sitting right.
I find that strange too, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on 3DS-Wii U compatibility, just like the DS and the Wii, the PSP and the PS3, the Vita and the PS3, and so on.

Also, would you be surprised if Nintendo and Square Enix made a deal so more people would buy their new console? You've seen the reactions of many on the Wii U, I've heard many call it unnecessary.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Well we already have Wii>3DS compatibility (see the Mii Maker), so I'm sure it's already included for the Wii U (especially since the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Well we already have Wii>3DS compatibility (see the Mii Maker), so I'm sure it's already included for the Wii U (especially since the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii)

My thoughts exactly, I just don't see how they're going to implement it.

Maybe a completed Dream Drop Distance file gets you extra costumes/Keyblades in the HD game? Or just extra story information, I don't know.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

My thoughts exactly, I just don't see how they're going to implement it.

Maybe a completed Dream Drop Distance file gets you extra costumes/Keyblades in the HD game? Or just extra story information, I don't know.

a 3D memoir, detailing the events of that.

and i think the extra story scenes would be akin to those in KH2FM, detailing extra events and stuff.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

a 3D memoir, detailing the events of that.

and i think the extra story scenes would be akin to those in KH2FM, detailing extra events and stuff.

Yeah, that sounds like what they would do.

But don't tell me it wouldn't be awesome to use the Ends of The Earth Keyblade in the original game, II or Dream Drop Distance.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Yeah, that sounds like what they would do.

But don't tell me it wouldn't be awesome to use the Ends of The Earth Keyblade in the original game, II or Dream Drop Distance.

>Play KH2
>Normal equip: Ultima Weapon (KH2)
>Valor Form: Ultima Weapon (KH1)
>Master Form: Ultima Weapon (BBS)
>Final Form: Ultima Weapon (3D)

:D

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

>Play KH2
>Normal equip: Ultima Weapon (KH2)
>Valor Form: Ultima Weapon (KH1)
>Master Form: Ultima Weapon (BBS)
>Final Form: Ultima Weapon (3D)

:D

Yes. Valor Form can use Ends of The Earth and Chaos Ripper, Wisdom Form can use Rainstorm, Master Form can use Lost Memory and Delicious Tower, Final Form gets Diamond Dust and One-Winged Angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back