• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

notnow123487

Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

UPDATE: We got back in contact with Geno late yesterday and he told us to make two quick notes in regards to this rumor. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will be re-rendered within the engine more in tune with the other Kingdom Hearts titles listed above which have all released on PlayStation consoles (PS2 & PSP). 358/2 Days utilized two screens on Nintendo DS, with the touch screen typically used for maps and a HUD.

The purpose of this collective of Kingdom Hearts games is to unify the series' expansive plot leading into the next generation where Kingdom Hearts 3 is expected to make its debut.

Very Very Interesting...

lalalala

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

I swear, if it turns out the Wii U version doesn't have endless save files & the other versions do I'm gonna scream.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I swear, if it turns out the Wii U version doesn't have endless save files & the other versions do I'm gonna scream.

It probably won't, welcome to the hell that is Wii

Edit: 2,000 posts :D Wow, that was fast...

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

I really want Days in HD with the controls of the other games. I feel like Xbox is excluded because the discs carry less space than a blu-ray, which is several times larger

notnow123487

Awards

^no it definitely wasn't. that is the updated version of the original article.

TepidShark

Awards

I feel like Xbox is excluded because the discs carry less space than a blu-ray, which is several times larger

If this rumor is true then that could be a reason for no Xbox version. It also could be because the Xbox has never been as much of a big deal in Japan as it is in North America and Europe.

notnow123487

Awards

-3rd Party titles by Ubisoft and Square will be specifically mentioned during the conference. Rayman and Kingdom Hearts games in particular will be used. Expect a major 3rd Party surprise announcement.

Coming from IGN. This rumor seems somewhat possible as I'm seeing more people post about it. Of course this guy doesn't cite his sources but he put down a lot of other specific remarks.

Massive Wii U Spoilers for E3 | IGN Boards

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The guy who posted it:
WiiLuvU
Noob
Message Count:

If he had references, then good for it but, I wouldn't trust it that much.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

The guy who posted it:

If he had references, then good for it but, I wouldn't trust it that much.

Yeah, anyone can make an official sounding statement. I still am not too sure about all of this.

TepidShark

Awards

Granted I don't work in video game PR, but if I was Square Enix and this rumor ends up not being true, would have gotten in front of it ASAP and said it wasn't true (See Harmonix for an example of how to handle a false rumor). Not that I am saying by saying nothing they have said the rumor is true, but by confirming before hand that it is false, you not only stop the rumor, but you stop the situation from getting out of hand.

MizuMikomi

Awards

Granted I don't work in video game PR, but if I was Square Enix and this rumor ends up not being true, would have gotten in front of it ASAP and said it wasn't true (See Harmonix for an example of how to handle a false rumor). Not that I am saying by saying nothing they have said the rumor is true, but by confirming before hand that it is false, you not only stop the rumor, but you stop the situation from getting out of hand.
They killed the Versus XIII = Final Fantasy XV video pretty fast, confirming it was 100% fake. But on the flip-side, it seems they've turned a blind eye to this HD collection rumor. Whether that means it's true or not is beyond me, though I would love for it to be.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

They killed the Versus XIII = Final Fantasy XV video pretty fast, confirming it was 100% fake. But on the flip-side, it seems they've turned a blind eye to this HD collection rumor. Whether that means it's true or not is beyond me, though I would love for it to be.

Probably because rumors are good for free advertisement and generate more interest around KH at E3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Thought of the wittiest title for this collection today:

Kingdom Hearts: Re:Collection

Get it?

Yes, but they're not remastering the collection, are they? They're making the collection, titles with "RE:" in them are usually remasters with a little bonus content, this is just the HD Collection, and the first one in the series, so it couldn't be RE:Collection.

Sorry if I sounded a little rude.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area

Yes, but they're not remastering the collection, are they? They're making the collection, titles with "RE:" in them are usually remasters with a little bonus content, this is just the HD Collection, and the first one in the series, so it couldn't be RE:Collection.

Sorry if I sounded a little rude.
Your logic is a bit flawed here. The title absolutely makes sense and fits with the concept of their other "Re:" titles. However rather than being a remix of just one game, this is an HD remix of a collection of games. Hence the name I made up.

Wait, why am I defending the legitimacy of a title I made up as a bad joke? It seems the joke flew over your head. It's a pun on the word recollection.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I hope it ends up being true, but I am not going to get my hopes up. Square seems to suck when it comes to HD Collections. The only FF one they announced was X, when they should have went all out and announced a remaster of FFXII and other PS2 FF games, and we still have had no official confirmation of a KH HD collection when it would be successful rather easily.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

Pretty sure the rumor says it's called Remembrance. Something just crossed my mind, though. Would this be a collection of Final Mixes?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Your logic is a bit flawed here. The title absolutely makes sense and fits with the concept of their other "Re:" titles. However rather than being a remix of just one game, this is an HD remix of a collection of games. Hence the name I made up.

Wait, why am I defending the legitimacy of a title I made up as a bad joke? It seems the joke flew over your head. It's a pun on the word recollection.

No all his points are clear and right. It wouldn't make much sense. I get the joke you were going for, but I would happen because of what Chuman stated.

Etherealin

I'd love it if this happened, but I'm slightly wary- sounds a little too good to be true...

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area

No all his points are clear and right. It wouldn't make much sense. I get the joke you were going for, but I would happen because of what Chuman stated.
It was just a joke people...

Ugh, never mind. This is why I never post on this freakin' forum.

Anywho, back on topic. I'll believe this when I see it. I have trouble believing they'd take the time to upgrade the visuals for 358/2 Days, especially when it's really not the most important to the overarching storyline. I can see this collection having KH, KH2, and BBS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back