• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Box Art!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX Box Art!

I do find the style in which he drew them to be a little off/inconsistent with all the other pieces from the previous games. It looks like a western cartoon portrait rather than a Japanese one (in terms of art style. Its still obviously Japanese art style though). I like the overall design and image, Sora's throne is pimpshit. However, I find Sora to be the worst looking here out of all of them.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

this really just looks super amateur. the characters are so stiff and awkward. :c

JD Sweets

Like it but would like to see an Xbox 360 version.... i bought psp for Kh i bought a 3DS for KH but i can't buy a PS3 for KH

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Well, this is a pleasent surprise! Jump on the PC for the first time today, and I’m greeted with new Days screenshots, the news about Jesse McCartney recording, and this lovely boxart! And how lovely it is!

Seriously, I love everything about it! The Days artowrk fits perfectly, and is very painting-esque (and seems to color bleed a bit to me); it reminds me of the art of the trio you get for completing the game, so very nice touch there.

And the CoM part... OMG, what can I say about that? I love it all! Not only because it gives me RikuNami feels -shot- but the idea of Namin
é and Riku being in the Darkness, but eventually coming to the Light (Road to Dawn, anyone?) is just too much. And we all know that Mickey said he "wants to walk that road with Riku", so that fits. But I think the Road to Dawn thing fits Naminé, too. After all, she and Riku are very similar in that they've made some of the biggest mistakes (out of the heroes, anyway), and want to atone for them desperately. Very nice.

As for the pic with Sora, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy... I like it a lot, actually. Since that image (from the soundtrack) was being used for a lot of the HD Remix stuff, I'm more than happy that Nomura beefed up the original image idea, and gave us this. And Kairi's pose is so spot on (though I am confused about what she's pointing at, tbh); I'm glad it showcases the snarkiness that I've always loved about her. Even though... I feel like Sora and Kairi are Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryening it up in the image, I definitely approve.

And if Kairi ends up having the "Blood of the Dragon," and becomes a complete badass in KHIII, I'll definitely be happy. Okay, I'm done with the "A Song of Fire" references now, I promise (even though it's ironic I wrote a GoT story for someone yesterday, and a KH one today; also, I planned on writing a GoT/KH crossover, oddly enough).

Anyway, I definitely approve of this image F it to high heaven! :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

At least we can see all of Kairi's face in this one.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Like it but would like to see an Xbox 360 version.... i bought psp for Kh i bought a 3DS for KH but i can't buy a PS3 for KH
The PS3 is where all of the games are headed.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Omg, this has been an incredible day. First i find out that the nostalgia critic is returning, second, its confirmed that kh 1.5 is getting released outside of japan, and thirdly, i get to see this beautiful box art. Also, master spockanort was spot on in comparing sora's throne to the iron throne in game of thrones. Is anyone else excited?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I think my only complaint with the boxart is how Goofy is drawn. The proportions of his legs should be much longer as opposed to his upper body.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I think my only complaint with the boxart is how Goofy is drawn. The proportions of his legs should be much longer as opposed to his upper body.
There's only so far he can go without imposing on the Re:CoM part.

Awards

this really just looks super amateur. the characters are so stiff and awkward. :c

Yeah.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Why the hell was Sora's hand in front of his leg? And the way they're crossed looked odd, like they were propellers on a helicopter.

I know Kairi tends to cross her feet like that but in that position with her waist one way and her face and arm another it just doesn't work. And Goofy's pants don't match up with where his left foot is pointing.
Not crazy about the white space either.

I really want to like this but. :/

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I have to admit, I love the idea of the artwork, the idea is stunning, but the way it was done in the end, I'm not so sure anymore. This really looks like it was something a fan drew up on DevianArt or something, so clearly it is done well, just not up to par with Nomura's past coverarts.

As for the pic with Sora, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy... I like it a lot, actually. Since that image (from the soundtrack) was being used for a lot of the HD Remix stuff, I'm more than happy that Nomura beefed up the original image idea, and gave us this.

I don't know if I would say he beefed it up lol I mean, sure he made the chair more epic (I liked the last one better but that's just from a chair point of view, not the way they are drawn) and the crown make everything more epic, but the style is so cartoonish, it is reminiscent of a Disney-like stlye, except more detailed with the shading, which I guess I do like. I just kind of wish the signature argyle print was somehow incorporated into this :( Can't wait to see the back of the box ^_^ Do I hear VILLAINS?!?!?

Yeah.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm trying to figure out what the circles and arrows mean...but I have no idea :(

Also, one more thing that is awkward with Goofy I find is how he is staring directly at you. I mean, Sora is the centerpiece of this extravagant display, and he has this cool, calm vibe going on with his stare, but Goofy's just all high like "Oh hey ahyuck, pick up my game!!" and I find it funny haha xD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I can see the issues with parts of the cover (Goofy and Sora mostly) but Kairi is just making an awkward pose. It's not as though it's hard to replicate and it's very suited to her.

I'm also happy that we actually got a cover and not just some drawings slapped together (looking at BBSFM - despite how pretty they were individually they did not look good thrown together). And I wouldn't be surprised if it was given some tweaks between now and the games release.

ShinobiMuramasa

This is my favorite boxart yet...Sora on that throne is just too epic.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I'm really hoping KH2.5HD Remix's box art will be extremely similar. I love it when game series have box arts that look great together and look like they are part of a set (I'm looking at you FFXIII box arts ^_^) so I can't wait to see TAV drawn like that...I don't remember who said it earlier, and my internet is too slow right now for me to go check, but they were right about this growing on you. At first I really didn't like it, and don't get me wrong, I still agree with Taochan about awkward people everywhere, but maybe I'm just still on that elation of knowing it is coming to NA to not give a crap haha xP

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

My instant euphoria! It's-it's dying! D:

But yeah, as much as I want to really like this the cover is off in a lot of places. I like the new style Nomura is using but it's like he's relearning how to draw in order to use it. There's some parts where I think he improved but then there are other parts that are off. Over all I still like the cover but it needs tweaks here and there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This is definitely a lot better than what Nomura did for Birth By Sleep and Birth By Sleep Final Mix. It was highly uninspired and while it was gorgeous in bits, it was just too bland. That was one of the few times I loved the CG art they made for it over the actual boxart.

I admit I can see the issues with it, but this definitely isn't his worst by a longshot. Also the checkers are irritating and could have been less in your face but I honestly like it.

If there aren't some fixes done to this by Nomura or Kobayashi, it won't be a terrible issue.

Xagzan

Awards

Looks nice to me. But the international versions usually get different box art, so it's unlikely we'll get that one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back