• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Game Guide Delayed + Images

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
A 2.5 guide would be excellent to have. Not so much for KH 2, but more for Birth by Sleep and the commands.

Don't forget about how beautiful the 2 books would look side by side on your book shelf or living room table. Take about a beautiful collector's piece ;)

So the guide uses Xemnas to identify the Hollow Bastion secret boss. That was what I would

I agree, it's a spoiler, BUT, I'm not against it. Xemans is in both Re:CoM (as a card) and in Days, where in the opening cinematic you can SEE him using ethereal blades. While I understand that it's a spoiler to some, who honestly cares? Him being in KH1 is just as big as LS was in KH2, not really important. All they do is hint at the next game but they do not affect or spoil anything huge in the storyline one way or the other. Also, if the person has never played KH before, they won't know who "Xemnas" really is, so he'll just be a name in the wind.

If anything, it'll lead to an "A HA!" moment when they see him in Days and realize who he was (since I'm assuming some people won't connect the dots).

Anyway, the book is flawed and the layout is somewhat dull. I'll just leave it at that.

No guide is perfect and I agree that the inside is dull, but I still think it's definitely one of the best KH guide books to come out (not the best, I still leave that to the main KH1 guide) but really nice and on the better half (way better than DDD -__-)...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I agree, it's a spoiler, BUT, I'm not against it. Xemans is in both Re:CoM (as a card) and in Days, where in the opening cinematic you can SEE him using ethereal blades. While I understand that it's a spoiler to some, who honestly cares? Him being in KH1 is just as big as LS was in KH2, not really important. All they do is hint at the next game but they do not affect or spoil anything huge in the storyline one way or the other. Also, if the person has never played KH before, they won't know who "Xemnas" really is, so he'll just be a name in the wind.

If anything, it'll lead to an "A HA!" moment when they see him in Days and realize who he was (since I'm assuming some people won't connect the dots).

Well yeah, that's why I said at least Xemnas doesn't really do anything relevant to the story, seen from a new player's eyes. It doesn't exactly spoil the story, and for most people, it most likely isn't a hint enough yet to conclude that Xemnas is actually a villain.

It's not a big deal, but it's just I wasn't expecting the guide to refer to him as Xemnas since the game itself has its own way of referring to him in Jiminy's Journal, which is Unknown.

but really nice and on the better half (way better than DDD -__-)...

My biggest gripe with DDD is that they practically didn't give much thought about dispositions. They only Explain what each Spirit will generally do in different dispositions, and that's it... they didn't tell how to change dispositions (which is a pain to figure out by yourself), or anything at all about those disposition-linked abilities.

But I digress.

kupo1121

Awards
My biggest gripe with DDD is that they practically didn't give much thought about dispositions. They only Explain what each Spirit will generally do in different dispositions, and that's it... they didn't tell how to change dispositions (which is a pain to figure out by yourself), or anything at all about those disposition-linked abilities.

But I digress.

Besides the fact that they COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT A PAGE ON JULIUS, sure the disposition thing was annoying. Although in the end, the dispositions I felt were like EVs in Pokemon (which usually aren't covered in the guides), which to an extent, was like a hidden aspect of the game, not something blatantly obvious like Julius lol

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
My guide arrived today and I'm pretty dissapointed with it.
The walkthrough sections are fine but the rest is kinda meh. For example there is just one tiny infobox for the new gummi missions nothing more, also the design gummi blocks are completly missing. Most of the design was taken from the Piggyback guide and altered for the Final Mix version and is okay for this reason but everything that was added seems to be tacked on and is often incomplete. Another example for this are the "secret opponents", the new Heartless that were added in the Final Mix. Each of them should requiere at least a little infobox because their combat and meet-up mechanics differ from the other Heartless but Prima just gives them a stats page and nothing more.

But what's even worse is the Re:CoM section, honestly it's so bad. There are four pages that list the worlds at the beginning complete with big images and uninteresting captions, they are even repeated for Reverse/Rebirth without captions this time, just the world's name that can cleary be seen in the image.
Then at the beginning of each world chapter there is a page that has a a huge map without annotations and a huge image, that in Riku's case often just displays him standing before a door and is completly black otherwise.
The walkthrough sections itself is not thought through. If they have such a big map, why not put numbers on it and use it in the walkthrough so I can skip to the part I have problems with?
There are is also no information available whatsoever regarding the different room layouts, the enemies that can appear, the cards that can appear, the new abilitites I can earn or how many cards I need to open the door to the event rooms.
The worst of the worst are the boss sections, they're just a bunch of tips in a row. There is no information regarding the bosses card decks, their sleights or weaknesses, something which become extremly important on higher difficulty levels (which the guide also doesn't talk about).
Honestly the Bradygames guide for Chain of Memories is a gold mine of information compared to this poor excuse of a Re:CoM guide, every gamefaq out there is more detailed.

Another thing that bothered me (because I'm looking out for such things) is how the items and cards are cropped screenshots from the game, they couldn't even be bothered to ask SE for the official renders of this stuff.

Honestly I'm sending this thing back, it's really not worth it if you have another guide already. And oh boy will Prima Games fail if they're trying to make a HD 2.5 ReMIX guide the same way they did this one.
Why nobody talks to Studio BentStuff to translate their Ultimania guides (even if they just would take the bare walkthrough and item/enemy tables and leave the character/interview/artwork sections out) is beyond me.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
My guide arrived today and I'm pretty dissapointed with it.
The walkthrough sections are fine but the rest is kinda meh. For example there is just one tiny infobox for the new gummi missions nothing more, also the design gummi blocks are completly missing. Most of the design was taken from the Piggyback guide and altered for the Final Mix version and is okay for this reason but everything that was added seems to be tacked on and is often incomplete. Another example for this are the "secret opponents", the new Heartless that were added in the Final Mix. Each of them should requiere at least a little infobox because their combat and meet-up mechanics differ from the other Heartless but Prima just gives them a stats page and nothing more.

But what's even worse is the Re:CoM section, honestly it's so bad. There are four pages that list the worlds at the beginning complete with big images and uninteresting captions, they are even repeated for Reverse/Rebirth without captions this time, just the world's name that can cleary be seen in the image.
Then at the beginning of each world chapter there is a page that has a a huge map without annotations and a huge image, that in Riku's case often just displays him standing before a door and is completly black otherwise.
The walkthrough sections itself is not thought through. If they have such a big map, why not put numbers on it and use it in the walkthrough so I can skip to the part I have problems with?
There are is also no information available whatsoever regarding the different room layouts, the enemies that can appear, the cards that can appear, the new abilitites I can earn or how many cards I need to open the door to the event rooms.
The worst of the worst are the boss sections, they're just a bunch of tips in a row. There is no information regarding the bosses card decks, their sleights or weaknesses, something which become extremly important on higher difficulty levels (which the guide also doesn't talk about).
Honestly the Bradygames guide for Chain of Memories is a gold mine of information compared to this poor excuse of a Re:CoM guide, every gamefaq out there is more detailed.

Another thing that bothered me (because I'm looking out for such things) is how the items and cards are cropped screenshots from the game, they couldn't even be bothered to ask SE for the official renders of this stuff.

Honestly I'm sending this thing back, it's really not worth it if you have another guide already. And oh boy will Prima Games fail if they're trying to make a HD 2.5 ReMIX guide the same way they did this one.
Why nobody talks to Studio BentStuff to translate their Ultimania guides (even if they just would take the bare walkthrough and item/enemy tables and leave the character/interview/artwork sections out) is beyond me.
I honestly have to agree with you. These guides have nothing on the previous ones. From design and layout to helpfulness. This book is absolutely shit. I'd send it back to Amazon if I could but I think it's too late.

Not only is just a bad book, but it's also incorrect. I've been trying to track down the last couple of Dalmatians and where the guide tells me it's in the main square of Halloween town, it's actually a white trinity on Moonlight Hill. Absolutely ridiculous.

My advice to everyone on KHI: don't buy the guide. It's not worth your money. Just use IGN, or better yet have someone here put together a guide. If the ACCC could help me out here, I'd probably contact them. I've just wasted money on an incorrect and poorly designed game guide.

kupo1121

Awards
I agree with what everyone above says. The one plus about this guide is that, externally, it's a beautiful guide so if you just plan on keeping it on your table as a conversation piece or adding something sleek and classy to your room, this is not a bad option ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back