• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Launch Event in Anaheim, California!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

reimeille

I'm just getting back from it. The wait was the more horrid thing, and we ended up being in line for nearly 4 hours. We barely got lucky enough to be the 2000 for the pins (I was 1,960-something) They had at least 4000 posters even after the 2,000 got in. Ufortunately by the time I got in, nearly everything was done. Mural was done and gone, contests were done... But I got the poster AND THE PIN THANK GOODNESS and spent alot of time with alot of really cute, really fun fans. We spent alot of time debating about Xion, fawning over favorites and ... tripping each other from the back of our knees ??? lol

also alot of people streetpassing each other, screaming and playing 3ds games .. i wasnt part of that though

ALSO THE POSTER IS GOREGOUS IF YOU ARE IN THE AREA AND CAN MAKE IT THEY HAVE LITERALLY THOUSANDS LEFT??? grab extras when they arent looking, they arent paying attention anymore lolol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Tired. Still here, watching people play the demo. Saw somebody a friend and I roomed up with at a con a few years back dressed as Donald. Some other stuff. *snoozed*

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
yeeeeeeep still here. sorry we couldn't meet up guys. but if you saw some random peeps helping out at the poster table outside the hotel in thr afternoon, that was us!

reimeille

yeeeeeeep still here. sorry we couldn't meet up guys. but if you saw some random peeps helping out at the poster table outside the hotel in thr afternoon, that was us!

I'm sads. I was looking for you guys. I was too embarassed to ask anyone if they know where/who you were, though haha oh well

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm sads. I was looking for you guys. I was too embarassed to ask anyone if they know where/who you were, though haha oh well
That's okay, nobody knows who we are anyways! xD Next time we will surely meet!

Zer0sky

Well, I just got the worst news of the month (given it's been only a week xP) so far...pins are out and nobody who was there was able to get me one. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely heartbroken. You know that you're too attached to your things when you feel your throat closing up at the thought of a pin being gone, but what can I do, that's what's happening and there is no point in lying and saying that it isn't.

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but if anyone has an extra pin or would be willing to sell, trade, anything (I'm completely serious) please let me know about the pin.

EDIT: Event is pretty much over from what I'm hearing. They are out of nearly everything EXCEPT posters, but I have to admit that this event was TERRIBLY RUN (not because I did not get the stuff I was hoping), let me explain:

- The poster table was left unattended for most of the event so people who went up grabbed as many as they could and walked straight out. I'm hearing that the most they heard of was 1 person walked out with 10 posters.

- The pins were 1 PER PERSON and sadly, people walked back outside from the main event into the waiting room and went back in like they were new and the employees gave them ANOTHER pin. I also heard that people walked out with 4 pins when they were only supposed to have 1. The poster was thankfully not fully gone so everyone who wanted 1 got 1, but this is NOT FAIR! How is it fair when there are well over 3000 people in line before the event starts for 1 person to get 4 pins when only 2000 pins exist??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

- When people who went back outside to get another pin went back inside, they held the line up and the line moved incredibly slow. After all the games and pins were gone people just wanted a poster (to walk away with something) and once they entered the main building employees started giving posters outside the building so people would just leave. However, those who were in front of those who got posters weren't allowed to go back outside to get a poster, they had to wait another hour to get a poster. So basically, if you got there late, you got a poster and waited there for 3 hours. If you got there early, you got a poster and had to wait 4 hours AND THEN another 1.

Don't get me wrong, I know you probably think I'm just overly angry at the pin situation and perhaps I am, but you cannot deny that the employees didn't really know what they were doing at this event. I cannot blame them, I heard horror stories from D23 at the Anaheim Convention Center this year and I really do hope that they do another event like this for 2.5 next year, but I'll be darned if they didn't do a terrible job of hiring some employees this year. They need to fix that for next year...

Agreed....

I was there for 4 hours and didn't even get to go inside, buuuut I guess that's my falt for underestimating how dedicated people would be. It was lame how I saw at least 10 people cut the line just from where I was, it wasn't even a my friends were holding my place situation, and it sucks I didn't even get to go in. I wish I could have talked to someone but most people went in groups and I thought I could just go by myself. So I just stood around for 4 hours to just go home later. I did get a poster atleast. It wasn't an enjoyable experience for me I hope someone else had more fun than me though, as I'm sure someone did.

Did anyone see/pass me? I'm above average height and was wearing a red hot chili peppers t-shirt and my mii is Tristen.

@Sign: The only way I could tell if someone was KHI was it was in their streetpass greeting so I passed someone on this site.

Korai

Awards
omg im so jealous of all of you who got to go! It looks so awesome that poster is the best!
I hope you all had/are having a good time there!

reimeille

Agreed....

I was there for 4 hours and didn't even get to go inside, buuuut I guess that's my falt for underestimating how dedicated people would be. It was lame how I saw at least 10 people cut the line just from where I was, it wasn't even a my friends were holding my place situation, and it sucks I didn't even get to go in. I wish I could have talked to someone but most people went in groups and I thought I could just go by myself. So I just stood around for 4 hours to just go home later. I did get a poster atleast. It wasn't an enjoyable experience for me I hope someone else had more fun than me though, as I'm sure someone did.

Did anyone see/pass me? I'm above average height and was wearing a red hot chili peppers t-shirt and my mii is Tristen.

@Sign: The only way I could tell if someone was KHI was it was in their streetpass greeting so I passed someone on this site.

omg some girl cut me and when i tried to to say something to her she looked at me like she was going to cut me LITERALLY?? scary

Should have been in line with me argh there were really funny people i feel bad so many people had such a bad time in lines for me it was fun

Zer0sky

omg some girl cut me and when i tried to to say something to her she looked at me like she was going to cut me LITERALLY?? scary

Should have been in line with me argh there were really funny people i feel bad so many people had such a bad time in lines for me it was fun

I was surprised there was so much of that for a kh event I just wanted to say something cheezy like, "that wouldn't be in the spirit of kingdom hearts" lol. I have to admit the real fans of kh are a little less humble/innocent/nice than I had first anticipated.

Oh and also a little greedy apparently with the repeated pin snatching and obsessive poster hoarding. I saw some guy with 10 of them which I would assume is past the amount where you can say "I'm just holding it for a friend" or "these are for my other friends/family/idk my pet". There are just paper in the long-run even if they do have something beautiful printed on them.

Oh and also, I found this out as I was leaving, I wonder why they, kh staff, kept so many because they said they needed to keep this huge stack, which I'm sure wasn't all of them. Just wondering.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm tired. Had fun~

Oh and also, I found this out as I was leaving, I wonder why they, kh staff, kept so many because they said they needed to keep this huge stack, which I'm sure wasn't all of them. Just wondering.

Apparently they want to give them out at another event...I'm not sure why considering all of these posters say "9/8/13 Downtown Disney" so at any other event, it will be clearly recycled :c

I think it is more disgusting that people are trying to sell these posters. And a lot of the people who were double-dipping the pins were pin traders or people who sell them $100-200 a pop on eBay.

Zer0sky

I'm tired. Had fun~

Apparently they want to give them out at another event...I'm not sure why considering all of these posters say "9/8/13 Downtown Disney" so at any other event, it will be clearly recycled :c

I think it is more disgusting that people are trying to sell these posters. And a lot of the people who were double-dipping the pins were pin traders or people who sell them $100-200 a pop on eBay.

The date being on the poster was why I found it unusual and seeing as how they could just print more out for themselves I didn't quite understand. Pins are nice.

Sucks but oh well. Yeah I was kinda looking for you but seeing as how I didn't get in that became rather problematic so maybe next time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The date being on the poster was why I found it unusual and seeing as how they could just print more out for themselves I didn't quite understand. Pins are nice.

Sucks but oh well. Yeah I was kinda looking for you but seeing as how I didn't get in that became rather problematic so maybe next time.

Well, if you were out in the hot sun and got a poster, I was there helping rolling posters (because we had nothing else to do and wanted to help and now I just have this urge to do a bunch of volunteer work in general now xD), but yeah! There will be more events in the future!

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
So, who all out of the people who went actually TRULY enjoyed it?

I'm one of those folks who thinks: To be early is to be on time, but to be on time is to be late. So I'd probly have been one of the peeps there in the wee hours of the morn. But I couldn't go...T_T

The mural was a pretty cool idea, tho. I liked them :3

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm kind of glad I wasn't able to go. After hearing about how chaotic it was, it sounds like it would have been a drag if you weren't one of those people who were waiting at like 5:30 AM. And I wouldn't have been entered in the raffle because I already pre-ordered the LE. Even just getting a poster wouldn't have been worth it, because I would have traveled so far just for that one thing. The pictures everyone took are good enough for me.

Speaking of which, when are you guys going to put up a gallery of all the photos you took?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, who all out of the people who went actually TRULY enjoyed it?

I'm one of those folks who thinks: To be early is to be on time, but to be on time is to be late. So I'd probly have been one of the peeps there in the wee hours of the morn. But I couldn't go...T_T

The mural was a pretty cool idea, tho. I liked them :3

I had a lot of fun! A lot of waiting and standing, but it was certain worth it waking up 5am lol.

Speaking of which, when are you guys going to put up a gallery of all the photos you took?

Eventually. Right now we're kind of dead...xD I can barely type without wanting to fall on my pillows.

Setsuna ♥;6065890 said:
O.M.G. It's SOO Beautiful. I'm really jealous, I wish I lived on that side of the US :( Florida doesn't get anything cool here

:) :) :) :) :)

dolphinax2

I actually went to the event for my son who had to work. I arrived at 0600 and there were maybe 150 people ahead of me. I did get a pin and 1 poster. In the beginning at least they were strict about only 1 poster per person and 1 pin per person. I have been to "launches" before at the Irvine Spectrum put on by Blizzard (World of Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft) and have to say I was very disappointed by this launch. Square Enix KNEW how many people were coming (which is why they moved it to the Marriott) so why did they not have enough games or cash registers. They knew there was going to be over 2000 people and yet only 2 cash registers. Also, I read where getting the poster and pin was contingent on buying the game but this was not so. Lady in front of me had 3 kids and all 4 of them got pins and posters even though they only bought one game. If Square Enix plans on doing another "launch" maybe they can contact Blizzard and they can give them some pointers. In addition, since I was one of the 1st 150 people in I can tell you I would be surprised if they had more than 50 t-shirts that they were giving away, never saw the backpacks.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I actually went to the event for my son who had to work. I arrived at 0600 and there were maybe 150 people ahead of me. I did get a pin and 1 poster. In the beginning at least they were strict about only 1 poster per person and 1 pin per person. I have been to "launches" before at the Irvine Spectrum put on by Blizzard (World of Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft) and have to say I was very disappointed by this launch. Square Enix KNEW how many people were coming (which is why they moved it to the Marriott) so why did they not have enough games or cash registers. They knew there was going to be over 2000 people and yet only 2 cash registers. Also, I read where getting the poster and pin was contingent on buying the game but this was not so. Lady in front of me had 3 kids and all 4 of them got pins and posters even though they only bought one game. If Square Enix plans on doing another "launch" maybe they can contact Blizzard and they can give them some pointers. In addition, since I was one of the 1st 150 people in I can tell you I would be surprised if they had more than 50 t-shirts that they were giving away, never saw the backpacks.

Perhaps it will encourage them to try harder for the 2.5 launch event. I'm sure even more people will go to that one, what with 2.5 having Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix attached to it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Square Enix KNEW how many people were coming (which is why they moved it to the Marriott) so why did they not have enough games or cash registers. They knew there was going to be over 2000 people and yet only 2 cash registers. They knew there was going to be over 2000 people and yet only 2 cash registers.

The change was still rather sudden to begin with. I'm not sure who and where they got the equipment from, but this stuff was probably planned out before they realized 2000+ people were going to attend and hardly anticipated such a huge crowd.

They had at least about 1000 copies of the game, which was way more than I think anybody expected them to have. At their last launch event at Nintendo World for KH3D, there were only 50 Mark of Mastery Editions on sale. This was a lot better than that.

Also, I read where getting the poster and pin was contingent on buying the game but this was not so. Lady in front of me had 3 kids and all 4 of them got pins and posters even though they only bought one game.

They never said you had to buy the game to get a poster and pin. They said the first 2000 people in attendance would get pins. Not that they had to buy the game before getting it, but physically being at the event itself.

In addition, since I was one of the 1st 150 people in I can tell you I would be surprised if they had more than 50 t-shirts that they were giving away, never saw the backpacks.

There were never any backpacks promised to be given.

I do think they could do a lot better with events, but this is fairly new for the NA branch to begin with. This was pretty much a trial run to see how they could improve and next time they will probably anticipate these kinds of things better.

For the people who didn't get in, I do feel bad for them, but for those who did I think the event was a huge success despite the lines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back