• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Launch Event in Anaheim, California!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I highly doubt it.
Don't even know why the game is there. It'll have been released for almost a month

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well, I just got the worst news of the month (given it's been only a week xP) so far...pins are out and nobody who was there was able to get me one. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely heartbroken. You know that you're too attached to your things when you feel your throat closing up at the thought of a pin being gone, but what can I do, that's what's happening and there is no point in lying and saying that it isn't.

Sorry for your loss.

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but if anyone has an extra pin or would be willing to sell, trade, anything (I'm completely serious) please let me know about the pin.

My apologies.

EDIT: Event is pretty much over from what I'm hearing. They are out of nearly everything EXCEPT posters, but I have to admit that this event was TERRIBLY RUN (not because I did not get the stuff I was hoping), let me explain:

- The poster table was left unattended for most of the event so people who went up grabbed as many as they could and walked straight out. I'm hearing that the most they heard of was 1 person walked out with 10 posters.

I disagree and think your accusations are beyond unfair, from the point of view from someone who actually was at the event and stayed until the very end. They guarded those posters beyond seriously. There were always at least 2 or 3 Square Enix staff watching how many each person took like hawks, and several hotel security staff were standing off making sure everything went down without any funny business.

I mean, I don't particularly understand their stance regarding the poster situation; there were hundreds of them left over even at the end of the event, but their "exclusivity" to this event wasn't taken lightly. At the end of the day, they allowed attendees to take two, even three maximum if they went back, but they. Were. Always. Watching.

- The pins were 1 PER PERSON and sadly, people walked back outside from the main event into the waiting room and went back in like they were new and the employees gave them ANOTHER pin. I also heard that people walked out with 4 pins when they were only supposed to have 1. The poster was thankfully not fully gone so everyone who wanted 1 got 1, but this is NOT FAIR! How is it fair when there are well over 3000 people in line before the event starts for 1 person to get 4 pins when only 2000 pins exist??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

I'm just a little curious but how exactly did you arrive at this conclusion? You said in a previous post that you had been told over 3000 people were queued up before the event even started. Therefore it is impossible for anyone to exit the ballroom and reenter the line to receive a second pin unless they found a way to cut in front of thousands of others without anyone noticing.

- When people who went back outside to get another pin went back inside, they held the line up and the line moved incredibly slow. After all the games and pins were gone people just wanted a poster (to walk away with something) and once they entered the main building employees started giving posters outside the building so people would just leave. However, those who were in front of those who got posters weren't allowed to go back outside to get a poster, they had to wait another hour to get a poster. So basically, if you got there late, you got a poster and waited there for 3 hours. If you got there early, you got a poster and had to wait 4 hours AND THEN another 1.

Yeah, Ethy and I were there with her friend and Churro, helping them roll up posters to give away outside the hotel in the afternoon when they became worried for the attendees' well-being. These were people who had been waiting for hours in the blazing sun, with still hundreds of people in front of them before they could even get into the building. At that point, it was not likely they would be able to enter the event until shortly before it ended, so they decided that it's better to start giving away posters outside so they would be able to leave with something.

Because there were not many attendees leaving the ballroom (some of them stayed to talk with other fans, get pictures with cosplayers, etc.), they could not send anymore in, which set the line back. Don't automatically associate the outrageous line with greedy fans trying to score more freebies.

Don't get me wrong, I know you probably think I'm just overly angry at the pin situation and perhaps I am, but you cannot deny that the employees didn't really know what they were doing at this event. I cannot blame them, I heard horror stories from D23 at the Anaheim Convention Center this year and I really do hope that they do another event like this for 2.5 next year, but I'll be darned if they didn't do a terrible job of hiring some employees this year. They need to fix that for next year...

Yes, you really are. Get some sleep and come back to this when you're thinking more clearly, kupo. We know you. We know you're very passionate about both the series and collecting the merchandise. You were unfortunately not able to get the items you wanted very much, and I'm sorry, but you cannot blame the staff for these misfortunes.

You need to keep in mind: the staff who coordinate these events, manage PR, community, merchandising, etc. on an everyday basis in the office, are the same ones present here. They are not the ones making the final calls but they try to do everything within their power to make as much accessible to the fans as possible. You seem to be under the impression that they were hired specifically to help out with the event, but that is really not so, and it is truly very overwhelming for them. It was hard for them to even receive the okay to host the event, and only grew increasingly more difficult with each phase. They could have collected as much data and prepared for the event for months on end; it'd still wouldn't even begin to be comparable to the real deal.

What they were able to accomplish was far better than anything we could have expected, if previous events were anything to go by. And it's not like they could have magically obtained just enough copies of games, mural pieces, and whatever to account for anyone who could possibly show up. There is a limit on everything.

They generously made the event open to the public and free to enter - that is a precious gift enough on its own. If word spreads to the other branches and the higher ups about just what they can accomplish and how passionate the fans are in America, perhaps we can expect something more in the future. But for now, we'd be honored to take whatever we can get, because they are not obligated to give us anything, and we should not be so entitled to expect it.

thebebop

I highly doubt it.
Don't even know why the game is there. It'll have been released for almost a month

It will only be three weeks since it launches here in Australia. It is also probably there for people who are unaware of the game or know very little of the game, plus I guarantee you there will be some parents with kids at this show as well.

iLeen

Awards
Yeah, Ethy and I were there with her friend and Churro, helping them roll up posters to give away outside the hotel in the afternoon when they became worried for the attendees' well-being. These were people who had been waiting for hours in the blazing sun, with still hundreds of people in front of them before they could even get into the building. At that point, it was not likely they would be able to enter the event until shortly before it ended, so they decided that it's better to start giving away posters outside so they would be able to leave with something.

That would be me (again). Lol. I did appreciate them moving the line around so we could all try to fit under the shade. Alas, I did not put on sunscreen cause I thought I would not need it (I know, bad call), and this is the result:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

You guys were helping to roll up the posters??? That means I totally could've passed right by you and not even realize I was next to the almighty KHI staff?! Well, if it was you rolling the poster and handing it to me, thanks!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
You know, it says something about the state of the world today when so-called "real fans" do things the heros in the game would be thoroughly disappointed about.

like being greedy over pieces of paper, cutting lines, etc. I may not have minded so much if I went, but these things happen with anything popular, speaking from personal experience.

Sorarocks93

Awards
You know, it says something about the state of the world today when so-called "real fans" do things the heros in the game would be thoroughly disappointed about.

like being greedy over pieces of paper, cutting lines, etc. I may not have minded so much if I went, but these things happen with anything popular, speaking from personal experience.

I know what you mean. I've been watching some let's plays on Youtube and they are all first timers, whether will it be KH, KH II or BBS. I've noticed that many of these guys say that this franchise is one of their favorites. Problem is that some of them are disrespecting the game and some things that characters say.

Why must people care more about their stupid views and like counts than caring about sharing the experience of playing this game for the first time with so many people?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Why must people care more about their stupid views and like counts than caring about sharing the experience of playing this game for the first time with so many people?

Money? If they're a YouTube partner at least.

I mean seriously, getting paid to play Kingdom Hearts? I'd be down for that.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Money? If they're a YouTube partner at least.

I mean seriously, getting paid to play Kingdom Hearts? I'd be down for that.
Money is a pretty big driving force in most everything we do. I've never liked that, but it's the world we live in.

As for getting paid to play KH? Well, we SPEND money to play it in the first place, so I'd be down to get PAID for it, instead! ;D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That would be me (again). Lol. I did appreciate them moving the line around so we could all try to fit under the shade. Alas, I did not put on sunscreen cause I thought I would not need it (I know, bad call), and this is the result:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh dear D: Hope it gets better soon! I'm glad you were able to get a poster, but sorry we were unable to meet up. We realized after we got in that, considering how the event was being run, it'd be very unfair of us to expect you guys to either have been there in the wee hours of the morning or be willing to leave your spot in the line just to meet up :c We'd have loved for you to be able to enjoy yourselves inside and get together, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime launch event and we'll always have other chances to see each other.

You guys were helping to roll up the posters??? That means I totally could've passed right by you and not even realize I was next to the almighty KHI staff?! Well, if it was you rolling the poster and handing it to me, thanks!

We're not almighty, but thank you! We actually passed by the line after lunch and was planning on trying to get back inside, talk to the staff, etc. When we were heading back in, they carried a table out with a bunch of posters rolled up and a huge stack still left to do so. We honestly had nothing better to do and figured that we'd offer to help xD I really appreciate that they let us do so; the poster itself is a treasure and that they had enough for every attendee is truly wonderful.

They say they'll be giving them out at another event (none has been announced that we're aware of). But there are a ton left over, so if they host another in California, we'd be honored to be able to attend and possibly help out again! (or they're probably tired of seeing our faces haha)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think it is more disgusting that people are trying to sell these posters. And a lot of the people who were double-dipping the pins were pin traders or people who sell them $100-200 a pop on eBay.

That's by far the most disgusting part of the whole process. At least if the pins went to real fans then I'd at least know that the event worked well, but instead we have people who went there solely for profit and the worst part is...they'll get it (not from me, but from other people who will buy their stuff). It's sad but it happens in everything...

They had at least about 1000 copies of the game, which was way more than I think anybody expected them to have. At their last launch event at Nintendo World for KH3D, there were only 50 Mark of Mastery Editions on sale. This was a lot better than that.

This is the truth, they only did have 50 MoM editions at the DDD event. Also, you have to remember but (as far as I know) there isn't any place in Downtown Disney as large as the Platinum Ballroom so the original setup had Downtown Disney in mind, not the ballroom it was in, hence the lack of stuff for the space they had.

I disagree and think your accusations are beyond unfair, from the point of view from someone who actually was at the event and stayed until the very end. They guarded those posters beyond seriously. There were always at least 2 or 3 Square Enix staff watching how many each person took like hawks, and several hotel security staff were standing off making sure everything went down without any funny business.

Perhaps the posters were guarded, but they were not when 1 of my friend was there (he specifically said nobody was watching the station when he stood directly in front picking up his 1 poster, thankfully, nobody snatched a handful while he was there) and then afterwards people in line saw people walking out with 10 so unless the staff member gave that one person 10 posters, I'm not so sure it was "guarded beyond seriously." I'm sure the posters were guarded for most of the event, but clearly they were not for the entire event, even if those times when they were not guarded were mere minutes, people took advantage of the minutes they had.

I mean, I don't particularly understand their stance regarding the poster situation; there were hundreds of them left over even at the end of the event, but their "exclusivity" to this event wasn't taken lightly. At the end of the day, they allowed attendees to take two, even three maximum if they went back, but they.

This is true, that's why I think the poster thing I could let slide (they do say Downtown Disney anyways so IDK where else they'd be giving them out) but it is still 1 thing that people were nervous about in line before they got posters as they were nervous they wouldn't get 1 when people were walking out with multiples.

I'm just a little curious but how exactly did you arrive at this conclusion? You said in a previous post that you had been told over 3000 people were queued up before the event even started. Therefore it is impossible for anyone to exit the ballroom and reenter the line to receive a second pin unless they found a way to cut in front of thousands of others without anyone noticing.

The conclusion was reached after a guy walked up to my friends in line and said "Hey, would you guys like a pin? I got 4?" He wanted $60 per pin and when they asked how he got so many, he told them how he did so (with the method I said), and left to try and scam someone else after they said no. I don't know how he was able to cut the thousands, but he did it, and he got away with it sadly :(

Well that was awfully nice of you and that does make sense, from the perspective of those stuck in line though (who still never made it in anyways) they were irritated. I posted that at the time that I did not know you guys knew they wouldn't get in, but from the perspective of those who got in line earlier, still did not make it in, and saw posters being given out behind them, I'm sure if they knew the reason (and I will tell them) then they'd understand ^_^

Yes, you really are. Get some sleep and come back to this when you're thinking more clearly, kupo. We know you. We know you're very passionate about both the series and collecting the merchandise. You were unfortunately not able to get the items you wanted very much, and I'm sorry, but you cannot blame the staff for these misfortunes.

Thank you for understanding but I do partly still blame the staff (only a little) and mostly blame the hecticness of the event. When it comes to any big event, it is on the responsibility of the staff to gauge the popularity and prepare for it. Honestly, this event was much better prepared for than Disney has done recently (with Disney-specific events that I won't even get into how badly they were run with trampling, fighting, and snatching out of hands) but I don't think anyone expected such a turnout, hopefully next year though they will see how big it is (I'm really hoping for another 2.5 event) and prepare for it. If they don't improve next year, then that would be completely their own faults since they should know how big the scope will be now (if not bigger considering KH2FM).

You seem to be under the impression that they were hired specifically to help out with the event, but that is really not so, and it is truly very overwhelming for them. It was hard for them to even receive the okay to host the event, and only grew increasingly more difficult with each phase. They could have collected as much data and prepared for the event for months on end; it'd still wouldn't even begin to be comparable to the real deal.

I honestly did not know that they were all directly from SE. I recognize most of the staff since they are the same ones that hosted the Nintendo World events as well as nearly every SE booth at most cons, some I did not recognize (from videos, actual attendance, etc.) so I did assume that they were new to the this whole thing and were perhaps security...that was a false assumption on my part :p

What they were able to accomplish was far better than anything we could have expected, if previous events were anything to go by. And it's not like they could have magically obtained just enough copies of games, mural pieces, and whatever to account for anyone who could possibly show up. There is a limit on everything.

I have no problem with the quantity of things they brought, if anything, I'm shocked that they brought so many copies of the game, as Ethy said, at the DDD event they only had 50 MoM editions, I really only though they'd bring 100 copies of 1.5 AT BEST. It is nice that they brought so many ^_^

They say they'll be giving them out at another event (none has been announced that we're aware of). But there are a ton left over, so if they host another in California, we'd be honored to be able to attend and possibly help out again! (or they're probably tired of seeing our faces haha)

I'm guessing they'll be giving them out at all the upcoming events to promote the game (New York Comic con perhaps I'm thinking is 1 of them) but I really don't get it considering it does say Downtown Disney. Then again, with a poster THAT nice, who is gonna care. I sure wouldn't <_<

TheHeroOfPixels

Hey guys! I would be really interested in seeing the photos from this event, however, they seem to be scattered around countless places, so if someone could make a thread for the pictures that would be great, Thanks!

kupo1121

Awards
Hey guys! I would be really interested in seeing the photos from this event, however, they seem to be scattered around countless places, so if someone could make a thread for the pictures that would be great, Thanks!

Well I think the staff of this site took some awesome photos and will be posting those soon so we'll just have to wait and see those ^_^

TheHeroOfPixels

Well I think the staff of this site took some awesome photos and will be posting those soon so we'll just have to wait and see those ^_^
I envy all of you lucky attendees! I just wish they would show some love for Canada, I mean it IS SE North America right?

Korai

Awards
Setsuna ♥;6065890 said:
O.M.G. It's SOO Beautiful. I'm really jealous, I wish I lived on that side of the US :( Florida doesn't get anything cool here
testified
I live in FL too!
Maybe for the 2.5 remix...

iLeen

Awards
Oh dear D: Hope it gets better soon! I'm glad you were able to get a poster, but sorry we were unable to meet up. We realized after we got in that, considering how the event was being run, it'd be very unfair of us to expect you guys to either have been there in the wee hours of the morning or be willing to leave your spot in the line just to meet up :c We'd have loved for you to be able to enjoy yourselves inside and get together, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime launch event and we'll always have other chances to see each other.

Thanks! It surprisingly doesn't hurt, so it's all good!

Aww, thanks for looking out for all the members who attended! You guys really do care T^T Man, if they have a 2.5 launch event, I am SO getting their a lot earlier than I did for 1.5. I underestimated the KH fandom this time since literally no one around me (not even my friends) are interested in it...and then I go to the 1.5 event and WOW! It actually made me excited to see so many people into it.

We're not almighty, but thank you! We actually passed by the line after lunch and was planning on trying to get back inside, talk to the staff, etc. When we were heading back in, they carried a table out with a bunch of posters rolled up and a huge stack still left to do so. We honestly had nothing better to do and figured that we'd offer to help xD I really appreciate that they let us do so; the poster itself is a treasure and that they had enough for every attendee is truly wonderful.

Oh, you are too modest :p That's very sweet of you guys to help, seriously. I'm pretty sure they had a mutual appreciation. And them getting tired of your guys' faces? Psh, never.

Maybe they'll secretly host one in Downtown Disney so the location labeled on the poster matches the actual location :D

Also, I dunno if any of the staff answered this yet, but time did ya'll get there?
Actually, I'm curious what time everyone got there. I was expecting the earliest people to arrive 2-3 hours early, but not 9 hours. That's almost as crazy as Comic Con line waiting!

testified
I live in FL too!
Maybe for the 2.5 remix...

Maybe they'll send the extra posters to Disney Florida!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also, I dunno if any of the staff answered this yet, but time did ya'll get there?
Actually, I'm curious what time everyone got there. I was expecting the earliest people to arrive 2-3 hours early, but not 9 hours. That's almost as crazy as Comic Con line waiting!

Some people were there since 4am, our group got there at around 6. I got there 7:30, Sign a bit later.

VIDEO GAMES ARE SRS BUSINESS ;A; At the KH3D Nintendo World event last year in NY, people had lined up the day before and camped out on the street waiting...

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Looks like some nice swag! That poster is truly magnificent. *u*

Hope they announce the second event soon. I'd love to try to get me one of those.

kupo1121

Awards
VIDEO GAMES ARE SRS BUSINESS ;A; At the KH3D Nintendo World event last year in NY, people had lined up the day before and camped out on the street waiting...

Yup, look at how long the line is when any console is released O___O And I'll admit, guilty as charged for waiting overnight for BOTH the Re:Coded and DDD events. I got to both events at 9pm the night before and I was never the first person there, Re:Coded I was 9th I think, DDD I was 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back