• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Promotion Begins!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

birthbysleep86

Website
www.facebook.com
Honestly I am really starting to think that there will be no NA release. Cause think about it you guys. With every Kingdom Hearts that came out not too long after there was always a release date for an NA version. The game is about to come out in a little over 2 months and we still have no word on a NA release date? Think of all the preparation that is needed. Yeah all the voice overs are pretty much a copy and paste but what about 358 new cut scenes and voice overs? They should have started doing voice overs already in NA if this was the case and seeing some of the old posts that are being posted that the actors that do the voice overs have no idea about this game, I think it's safe to say NA is not getting this game. We haven't even gotten a Website yet.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Honestly I am really starting to think that there will be no NA release. Cause think about it you guys. With every Kingdom Hearts that came out not too long after there was always a release date for an NA version. The game is about to come out in a little over 2 months and we still have no word on a NA release date? Think of all the preparation that is needed. Yeah all the voice overs are pretty much a copy and paste but what about 358 new cut scenes and voice overs? They should have started doing voice overs already in NA if this was the case and seeing some of the old posts that are being posted that the actors that do the voice overs have no idea about this game, I think it's safe to say NA is not getting this game. We haven't even gotten a Website yet.

It's not because they're not talking about it, that they're not working on it. Trust me, the odds are with us this time. Just be a bit more patient :3

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Now you're just being nitpicky. There's only so many times you can actually say "recycled/reused/old artwork". Sue me for mixing up my vocabulary for some variety! D:

Sorry, it was never my intention to be rude :p

SORA619

Awards
I really want to see the boxart. It's a little weird that it gets promoted.. It's like a dream finally comes true. :p

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
All right, but I need to know your name and address among other things so we can get this into court ASAP jkjkjk

I don't want to ask, but with this image being used more and more, I think it is safer and safer to assume this has an extremely high chance of being the coverart, and I'm okay with it, it is one of the nicer pieces of artwork from KH1.

This. And its actually underused. Outside khi not many players have seen it so they'll think it's new.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

We don't usually get an announcement until after the Japanese version releases.

sdr08

Have you read the secret message in KH3D? It pretty much confirms that the collection is being released outside Japan.

SORA619

Awards

I was thinking the same thing.. What sdr08 says is true but it feels like final mix and RE:CoM(never came to EU) to me. And even if they release it in US I don't think Eu will get it. Yes, there is import but it's different when it's official.. So I'm about to pre order from Japan but I don't do it because the entire game will be in japanese.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
What if (read: what if) the PS3 themes that're unlockable in the game are actually all new art from Nomura? 8D

#wishfulthinking

Please don't get my hopes up lol >_< At this point, I'm preparing for just already overused artwork as the themes -__-

Have you read the secret message in KH3D? It pretty much confirms that the collection is being released outside Japan.

Yeah, I feel like people don't even need to use any other explanations as to "if" the game might be localized, that message in and of itself confirms a US release and IF on the chance SE says they don't plan on bringing it over, that message will be the first thing that goes all over the internet.

I was thinking the same thing.. What sdr08 says is true but it feels like final mix and RE:CoM(never came to EU) to me. And even if they release it in US I don't think Eu will get it. Yes, there is import but it's different when it's official.. So I'm about to pre order from Japan but I don't do it because the entire game will be in japanese.

The PS3 is region-free so for those in Europe, they could get either the Jap or US ones and play it, whichever one they understand better.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Of course it will be released in Europe and North America sooner or later. Disney wouldn't miss the opportunity to make more money.

SORA619

Awards
I wasn't talking about the region locked thing but the language. I have beaten KH many times but it still feels weird to hear only japanese. Also I'm a trophy hunter so I can't understand the trophies either. But my main problem is that I can't understand Japanese. They even changed the english voices. :(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys, Square Enix Europe is really dedicated to their fans and tries its best to give people the things they want and more. I can assure you if it is coming out in the United States, it will be out in Europe and Australia.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Except for Spain or Italy. They might get shafted again

At first it was totally SE's fault but it is expensive to localize games in general and putting the game in Spanish and Italian was probably a bad decision considering how little people buy the games in those areas. They probably would have been selling the games without recouping localization costs.

It was the fans' faults for making things worse by threatening and attacking SE and people who had nothing to do with the decision and saying "we won't buy the game." It only solidified Nintendo's decision to not publish the games at all.

You don't threaten a company by saying you won't buy a game. That's the fastest way to not getting the game. There were better ways for fans to approach the situation rather than outrage.

Don't remind me. It was surely a dickish move by Square, but several parts of the spanish/italian fandom proceeded to be as nasty in turn for an elongated time. <__<

Yeah, but at least when they said they weren't going to translate the games and Nintendo was going to publish the English version, they were still getting the game. They sealed their fates with their rude outcry.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
At first it was totally SE's fault but it is expensive to localize games in general and putting the game in Spanish and Italian was probably a bad decision considering how little people buy the games in those areas. They probably would have been selling the games without recouping localization costs.

It was the fans' faults for making things worse by threatening and attacking SE and people who had nothing to do with the decision and saying "we won't buy the game." It only solidified Nintendo's decision to not publish the games at all.

You don't threaten a company by saying you won't buy a game. That's the fastest way to not getting the game. There were better ways for fans to approach the situation rather than outrage.

Yeah, but at least when they said they weren't going to translate the games and Nintendo was going to publish the English version, they were still getting the game. They sealed their fates with their rude outcry.

Exactly.
I remember at first being very supportive of the fellow EU fans, but after witnessing what several of them pulled off for several days not only on the EU, but also the NA sites/blogs of Square that quickly diminished.

Speaking of localisation, I remember that the original German version of KH 1 on PS2 actually had German voices (Days retained English voice acting and Re: CoM we never got), so I wonder if they would just take the German soundbank and pull it over the new KH 1 FM HD version for PS3 or take Japanese/English voices with German subtitles instead.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Well, Square was an idiot at the time.. Let's hope they don't become an idiot this time. *looks at them in the eyes*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, Square was an idiot at the time.. Let's hope they don't become an idiot this time. *looks at them in the eyes*

I wouldn't say they were an idiot. If they weren't going to make money off of localizing it in those languages, they had to make the decision of releasing the game in English rather than releasing nothing at all. Also pinning the blame on SE doesn't help because sometimes SE has to rely on Nintendo Iberica and Nintendo Italia to release their Nintendo games in those countries.

Even now it is expensive for companies like Nintendo Iberica and Nintendo Italia to release games in the native language of the area because of just how small the market is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back