• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Trophies, PSN and More Details!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hot off the news of an english release, Community Manager for Square Enix, Robert Peeler, answered some questions about KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX on the Playstation Blog.

One of the more interesting parts of the comments was about the trophies in the game. Each game will contain their own set of trophies. That is, a separate trophy menu for KINGDOM HEARTS Final Mix, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories, and KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days.

Also commented on was a digital version of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX being released on the Playstation Store. When asked about a digital copy, Mr. Peeler replied; "Currently we don’t have any announced plans to put it out digitally."

You can pre-order a physical copy of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX using the links here and here.

Mr. Peeler talks about the chances of a Playstation Vita version, the audio tracks, the wait between the North American release and the Europe release, trophies, a digital copy of the game, and strategy guides!
You can read his comments below:

Erza_Scarlet on February 25th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Great news! I loved this games on PS2 (Still have it!)! Please make a collector Edition, I will buy it when it’s released!

One question about the trophy support… It will have two trophy lists? (One for KH1 and one for KH Re:COM?) or they will share only one trophy list? HD Collections these days had multiple trophy lists, one for each game (Hitman, PoP, GoW, Sly, Ratchet, TR…), just sayin ;)

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

The trophy sets are different for each game. There is also a set of trophies for KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days when watching the cinematics.

Solid_Figur3 on February 25th, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

Seems like a long time to just change the resolution and textures on this game, unless if Square-Enix is probably currently developing a secret surprise if we get platinum or something.

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 6:29 am said:

Much more was done to these than that, plus its 2 games and hours of video footage from a third, so don’t worry–we still have a few tricks up our sleeve.

MakoSOLIDER on February 25th, 2013 at 6:21 am said:

Please relate this back to the people who set up ur trophies: Either make heartless cards easier to get or dont make a trophy for heartless cards in KH Re: CoM. Excited about FINAL MIX!

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 6:35 am said:

I never personally thought they were difficult to acquire in any playthroughs of my own, but yeah I can send it up the chain.

MakoSOLIDER on February 25th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

Will it release digitally on PS Store?

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

Currently we don’t have any announced plans to put it out digitally.

IzoGray on February 25th, 2013 at 6:48 am said:

Robert please respond. Pls.

Why can’t we get kingdom hearts birth by sleep on psn for psp/vita? It’s one of the most popular titles.

Not to mention the glaring issue of ff crisis core missing too.

Pls respond with anything

If this bothers other people too, copy and paste. If you want birth by sleep and crisis core, copy and paste this
Pls respond

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 6:51 am said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any information that I can provide on either KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep or FINAL FANTASY VII Crisis Core.

sir_nathan_765 on February 25th, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

Does this mean that it will (eventually) also come to Europe?

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:03 am said:

It will yes. Same time as NA.

FearMonkey on February 25th, 2013 at 7:00 am said:

Quick question: Just curious why the localization is taking so long considering most of the localization was already done and the only thing new is the Remix content and the 358/2 Days content? Because Fall is kinda close to the release of the PS4 isn’t it?
Thanks.

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

There is a bit more to it than that, but I’ll leave the details for another day.

HannahAndCoffee on February 25th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

Will this come out in Norway?

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

Yep!

CAMA1992 on February 25th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

Happy about the release of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD – I have really been anticipating it!
However I’m really fearful about the release date, since the PS4 is announced for ‘Holiday 2013′, and there’s been no mention of Backwards compatibility (which I’d quite happily pay extra for).
Is there any mention of playing this game on the PS4 yet and if so, will it only then be available on the console through the PSN?

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

It’s currently only slated to be available for PlayStation 3.

Elfsoul on February 25th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

Will come out in Germany too someday ???

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:36 am said:

Not just some day, but around the same day.

Dravize on February 25th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Awesome news! I read that Jesse McCartney was in the studio doing more voice-over work. I am assuming for this collection. Can you confirm if their are more voice-overs in the Chain of Memories version? I know in the PS2 version, that voice-acted scenes only occurred in Castle Oblivion, as well as the Destiny Islands and Twilight Town simulations. Is this the same? or has this been expanded?

Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

We’ll have more details on additional content at a later time…for now, bask in the happiness that its coming :) that’s what I’ve been doing anyway, joy!

avluis on February 25th, 2013 at 5:24 pm said:

Alright, awesome news here.
Hey Robert, can you find out if:

Kingdom Hearts HD Remix Collection PS VITA EDITION is in them squared sleeves?

Robert Peeler on February 27th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

Not currently planned, sorry :(

Dragonsmana on February 25th, 2013 at 6:24 pm said:

Can’t wait to get this! Will there be a strategy guide for this per chance? Though I can imagine it will be quite large lol. I ask because I know Re:Coded and Re: Chain didn’t get guides either. I love collecting the guides for the RPGs I own, quick handy reference in most cases.

Robert Peeler on February 27th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

We don’t really have any news on a strategy guide at this point.

NocturnalVisitor on February 25th, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

I read on the SE EU blog that the collection was getting brand new audio? Does this mean that the OST for the games are being replaced? This can’t be true! The OSTs for all KH games have been brilliantly realized by Yoko Shimomura. They have made the games what they are to me. What does this mean?

Robert Peeler on February 27th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

We’re not replacing the tracks, the audio is being improved for better sound quality.

Expect to hear news of the English version of KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- soon!

Thanks to Examiner.com for bringing this to our attention.

SeekerofLight

Re: KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- Trophies, PSN and More Details!

Awesome find, I'm wondering if we'll see more info about the English version at GDC, but I'm sure by E3 we'll see more.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Robert Peeler, the fan's hero.

Hearing that there will be more than just one trophy for Days pleases me to no end. I know they will all be bronze but still, I like being rewarded for sitting on my couch to watch cutscenes.

reimeille

Glad to know my international friends will all be able to play at the same time ! It's always kinda made me upset that EU and NA dates are always far apart, even with KH3D like, a few days apart. We couldn't play together :<

Also I'm glad someone is mentioning crisis core u___u It's just about my most favorite handheld game, although even if it were rereleased in vita I probably wouldn't get it (it's not worth buying a vita ...) just nice to see a mention though

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I see a lot of generic responses here on Roberts behalf but that's to be expected I suppose.

Prajna

A trophy menu for Days? So, it'll be a third playable game in the package? It would just be inclusive as a theatrical cut scene compilation?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

A trophy menu for Days? So, it'll be a third playable game in the package? It would just be inclusive as a theatrical cut scene compilation?

No, it is not playable. You get trophies while watching.

-Roxas-XIII-

We don’t really have any news on a strategy guide at this point.

I REALLY hope that someone like Bradygames makes a strategy guide!
Even though I don't really use the guides for gameplay tips, I really like them for statistics, quick info, and the artwork. Also, since Final Mix changes a bunch of things, and this HD remix changes a few more things, the stats in the old KH1 strategy guide will not be very accurate anymore. It will also be great to finally have one for Re: Chain of Memories.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I REALLY hope that someone like Bradygames makes a strategy guide!
Even though I don't really use the guides for gameplay tips, I really like them for statistics, quick info, and the artwork. Also, since Final Mix changes a bunch of things, and this HD remix changes a few more things, the stats in the old KH1 strategy guide will not be very accurate anymore. It will also be great to finally have one for Re: Chain of Memories.

I also would like a strategy guide purely because Re:CoM never got one :( The Final Mix content would also be really helpful to learn about ^_^

On the topic of trophies, do you think each game will have its own Platinum (well Days might not, but KH1 and Re:CoM)? Or do you think there will be one general one for getting all the trophies between all 3 games.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

On the topic of trophies, do you think each game will have its own Platinum (well Days might not, but KH1 and Re:CoM)? Or do you think there will be one general one for getting all the trophies between all 3 games.
Generally they have separate Platinum trophies(going off the Ratchet and Clank/Jak and Daxter HD's) so yeah.

Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Trophies, PSN and More Details!

Seems like a long time to just change the resolution and textures on this game, unless if Square-Enix is probably currently developing a secret surprise if we get platinum or something.
Much more was done to these than that, plus its 2 games and hours of video footage from a third, so don’t worry–we still have a few tricks up our sleeve.

Quick question: Just curious why the localization is taking so long considering most of the localization was already done and the only thing new is the Remix content and the 358/2 Days content? Because Fall is kinda close to the release of the PS4 isn’t it? Thanks.
There is a bit more to it than that, but I’ll leave the details for another day.

Awesome news! I read that Jesse McCartney was in the studio doing more voice-over work. I am assuming for this collection. Can you confirm if their are more voice-overs in the Chain of Memories version? I know in the PS2 version, that voice-acted scenes only occurred in Castle Oblivion, as well as the Destiny Islands and Twilight Town simulations. Is this the same? or has this been expanded?
We’ll have more details on additional content at a later time…for now, bask in the happiness that its coming :) that’s what I’ve been doing anyway, joy!

I swear he's making it sound like the English version might have additional content.
But would they really pull this kind of stuff?

Get ready, guys. 1.5 HD Re:FinalRemix+ next year.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

The trophy sets are different for each game. There is also a set of trophies for KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days when watching the cinematics.
LOL. Such an awkward way to earn trophies...Kinda feels like we're being bribed to watch them.

Although now that I think of it, having an entire KH game in the form of a movie/collection of cutscenes is really growing onto me now; I just might make a drinking game out of this.

Every time someone says the word "Darkness" or "Friendship," take one shot.
Every time Axel says, "Got it Memorized?" take two shots.
Every time someone's eating sea-salt ice cream...Uh.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I swear he's making it sound like the English version might have additional content.

It does seem as if he's hiding a surprise.

These are all interesting tidbits. I can't wait to be rewarded for watching tv. Mericaaa (and other nationz).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It does seem as if he's hiding a surprise.

These are all interesting tidbits. I can't wait to be rewarded for watching tv. Mericaaa (and other nationz).

Order a few pizzas, buy some alcohol or soda or both, kick back and watch the game unfold before your very eyes without having to play~

Thundah

FearMonkey - Quick question: Just curious why the localization is taking so long considering most of the localization was already done and the only thing new is the Remix content and the 358/2 Days content? Because Fall is kinda close to the release of the PS4 isn't it? Thanks.

Robert Peeler -
There is a bit more to it than that, but I'll leave the details for another day.

Does this mean we (Europe) will finally get more content than Japan? Doesn't seem so.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Does this mean we (Europe) will finally get more content than Japan? Doesn't seem so.

Well for one thing he is speaking as the North American Community Manager. Also I don't think he is referring to extra content, but probably something related to localization in general.

axel95

Awards

It wouldn't be the first time. If this is true, like you said, you can espect a final mix of a final mix -_______-

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It wouldn't be the first time. If this is true, like you said, you can espect a final mix of a final mix -_______-

This will not be happening at any point ever. I can say that with full confidence.

1) Why release this collection around the world with the same version of the games to everybody then say "oh hey Japan gets a re re mix!" No, that is not how it goes. Square Enix doesn't have the time to waste doing something ridiculous like that.

2) Rob's statement, while extremely broad and if taken out of context can be read differently, seems to be implying that there is more work for the localization and other circumstances than we actually realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back