• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

And E3 is still 4 days from now. Hopefully there's even more to be announced :D
Even if there's nothing to announce, we still have staff going in to play the game and they'll give their impressions and what not.
Shame they ruined our surprise though. We were planning on announcing the release date as soon as E3 started :p

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Even if there's nothing to announce, we still have staff going in to play the game and they'll give their impressions and what not.
Shame they ruined our surprise though. We were planning on announcing the release date as soon as E3 started :p

Aside from that, only confirmed thing at this point is that Q&A thing on Wednesday where they'll finally talk about everything and answer all our questions. And I'm hopeful that the boxart for 2.5 will be revealed at E3. So there's a few other things :p

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Why, how long have you known?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

WrHIR76.png

Why, how long have you known?
16 years.

Nah, we were gonna have staff run to the booth, find the date, tell those of us who aren't attending and we'd release it.
We actually knew for like a few weeks

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

[video=youtube;35yH1e0YdEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35yH1e0YdEc[/video]
[video=youtube;7I9z3cM5f5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I9z3cM5f5g&feature=kp[/video]

Please let it be high quality HD and...

just-hook-it-to-my-veins-o.gif

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The opening for KH1 was in HD wasn't it?

Keyblade007

Why not wait for e3. Maybe because there is even BIGER news! HYPE!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

What problems are you referring to?

It has aliasing. That's the biggest and it doesn't make sense cause they seem to have re-rendered it. It creates a fuzziness as the camera moves through the environment which is very annoying.

Overall they look much better than the PS2 version, you also gain more image on the sides, but when it comes to KH, I'm fairly strict.

Oh, and they are 720p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix Europe uploaded a larger sized file (SENA's was like 138 mb, this is 232 mb).
http://images.khinsider.com/Kingdom...ler_WebReadyHD_1080p_EN_PEGI12_1401987806.mov

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX is an HD remastered compilation of KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX andKINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX. Previously exclusive to Japan, both games will be available for the first time across Europe and PAL regionsfor the PlayStation®3 system. HD remastered cinematics from KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded will also be included in the compilation. The game is a sequel to last year’s KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX and will lead into the highly anticipated KINGDOM HEARTS III.
The KINGDOM HEARTS saga continues with three magical journeys in one package!
Key Features:
Origins of KINGDOM HEARTS: KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX traverses through the origins of KINGDOM HEARTS as players can choose between three Keyblade Masters - Terra, Ventus, or Aqua. Their journeys will link everything back to the beginning. This version of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIXmarks the first time this game will be released on the PlayStation 3 platform! If you’re new to the series, this is the perfect opportunity to jump in!
New Content:KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX and KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX bring entirely new content with the addition of new cutscenes, mini-games, weapons, and much more!
ReMIXed for everyone: Not only have the graphics on each game been completely overhauled for the PlayStation 3, but KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded has been converted into HD remastered cinematics with all new cutscenes featuring all of your favourite KINGDOM HEARTS characters!

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

That KH3 teaser is most definitely Young Xehanort talking to Young Eraqus, which you can both recognize in the sketches in the background (left Xehanort and right Eraqus). I'm pretty sure this is the only thing KH3-related we'll see at E3.

Anyways, I was hoping to see it much sooner released but it can't be helped. I'm very happy that they decided to dub the new scenes as well, very wise decision :D The fight scenes are also made for Re:Coded so that's pretty awesome as well.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I just realized that we see Armor of the Master in the trailer.

Which is a Mirage Arena battle.

MIRAGE ARENA CONFIRMED

now let's get some online play with that

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I just realized that we see Armor of the Master in the trailer.

Which is a Mirage Arena battle.

MIRAGE ARENA CONFIRMED

now let's get some online play with that
I'll be disappointed if there's no online play, but I'm super keen for Mirage Arena on a widescreen TV.

Also ew @ these keyblades
BpcS4ppCYAEofyd.jpg

I hope they iron out the jaggies in Re:coded. I mean, I can live with them, but if they have between now and September when they start to load the game onto the discs, then they should be able to touch that cinematics up

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

I'll be disappointed if there's no online play, but I'm super keen for Mirage Arena on a widescreen TV.

Also ew @ these keyblades

I hope they iron out the jaggies in Re:coded. I mean, I can live with them, but if they have between now and September when they start to load the game onto the discs, then they should be able to touch that cinematics up

That scene is indeed horrid. The frame rate also seems to drop at that point.

The jaggies are an engine problem. They needed to put some anti-aliasing in there ASAP. I'm not holding my breath though, 1.5 had plenty of them.

The trailer is a mixed bag in terms of "remastered" features. Some models still have low-rez textures, hopefully these will be fixed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

That scene is indeed horrid. The frame rate also seems to drop at that point.

The jaggies are an engine problem. They needed to put some anti-aliasing in there ASAP. I'm not holding my breath though, 1.5 had plenty of them.

The trailer is a mixed bag in terms of "remastered" features. Some models still have low-rez textures, hopefully these will be fixed.
They did say they were going to touch up 2.5 more than they did 1.5 (hopefully that means making those end credit scenes into HD because god those character models looked so bad).

And those models you're talking about, is that in reference to Aqua in the Realm of Darkness? Iirc, that was pre-rendered so I don't know if they can do anything about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back