• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

axel95

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

Just watched the trailer, and man, I am excited!!!! I wish it would be releasing earlier, because I'll probably have to wait until Christmas break to play it due to finals. But oh well, I've waited this long, what's another couple weeks after it releases?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Given how damn expensive those KH Play Arts figures are after they're resold, it's not at all weird. If those things come stateside, best pre-order them asap. Otherwise you'll be paying triple on eBay afterwards :p

I have reasons to believe that these deals are Japan-exclusive, though... many of the things sold there, KH-related included, have never seen the light of the outside world, and I believe this one wouldn't be any different. It seems you will need a proxy if you want to lay your hands on it...

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards

Doesn't it say there will be a KH1.5 & KH2.5 collectors pack, and also a collectors' music BLURAY pack?

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

qqWjnBE.png

Got some better quality stuff (thanks to Chaser) and took the time to make it all match and stuff. :p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

So that means the lost masters Xehanort is talking about is from the Keyblade War and not about the present keyblade masters like I thought before. I wonder if we'll learn about them like in reports. Maybe KH3 will even be a parallel of the last KW like how in FF:CC three of the characters were parallels to the Loveless story. Or maybe Xehanort wants his 13 darknesses to parellel the lost masters or maybe there are some hidden powers the lost masters left behind that we're going to look for. Any thoughts on this?

If I had to place a wild bet I'd say that the lost masters are the Foretellers from KH Chi.

---

Is it just me or do these new sketches of Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus look very much like new Nomura works?
Definitely similar to Nomura's drawing style.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

3DS capture (YouTube) vs. 720p E3 trailer (direct feed? - KHInsider)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Okay, if I'm reading that page correctly, there is KH2.5, KH1.5, KH Ultimania, a KH soundtrack, and the PAK Sora Limit Form. All can be purchased separately which is great since I only want the soundtrack and PAK figure (KH2.5 I'll get in English). I think I'm good then...good lol

I just want to see the containers, I hope the boxes are super nice cause then I'll want that lol xD

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

3DS capture (YouTube) vs. 720p E3 trailer (direct feed? - KHInsider)

HD confirmed. Now, question is: Recap or remaster?

Do you hear that? It's the blowing whistle of the E3 hype train.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Can't wait to see what the Ultimania Memorial will include

From what I'm reading in the item description, it's a giant book (256 pages) that details the entirety of the Kingdom Hearts series thus far, Dream Drop Distance included. Like a big history book of the series, like Hyrule Historia for Zelda.

HOLY SHIT I WANT IT. PLZ SQUARE ENIX.

Then again, it is an "Ultimania". Those NEVER leave Japan. So, I guess I'll have to be content with our inevitable 24 page artbook pre-order bonus instead.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

This is why they did the survey. People wanted Soundtracks, play arts, books, wayfinders and now they're realising multiple copies with each item. It's gonna sell a lot lol.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

This is why they did the survey. People wanted Soundtracks, play arts, books, wayfinders and now they're realising multiple copies with each item. It's gonna sell a lot lol.

I will not get hyped until they announce the North American bonuses/editions.

*secretly gets hyped anyway*

axel95

Awards

I would LOVE for it to be a recap included in 2.5 that will only unlock after completing all of the other games. As awesome as that would be, it isn't likely. I could see a digital-only remaster.

I've been on the E3 train since February, welcome aboard!!!!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Being in HD doesn't necessarily mean anything. Changing a game engine to produce higher-resolution graphics (not textures, that's another thing) is fairly easy, especially if the engine they used is similar to the ones the previous games use.

We also don't know how 3D was produced. Was it created in HD with high quality assets (which would be the wise thing to do) for future use, or was it created close to the 3DS' specs?

Either way, it's nice to see 3D not looking like a turd in something other than 240p for once

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

If this all comes out in the US I'll be so happy! I'm glad that they are doing a PAK figure, but part of me can't get over the fact that this is yet ANOTHER Sora (not to mention there already exists a Play Arts Limit Form figure) and this is yet another missed opportunity for BbS Play Arts which I'm rolling around in dirt for (metaphorically...take it how you will lol).

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If this all comes out in the US I'll be so happy! I'm glad that they are doing a PAK figure, but part of me can't get over the fact that this is yet ANOTHER Sora (not to mention there already exists a Play Arts Limit Form figure) and this is yet another missed opportunity for BbS Play Arts which I'm rolling around in dirt for (metaphorically...take it how you will lol).

I remember before BBS came out, imagining PAK versions of TAV and thinking how amazing those would look, be they armored or not. I can't wrap my head around why that still hasn't happened yet, even though they've already jumped ship and made DDD PAK figures already.

The survey was aimed towards English audiences irrc, so it should be announced soon hopefully.

In the first post that the Kingdom Hearts facebook page posted, they mentioned how "everything under the sun" about 2.5 would be answered on June 11th at 2pm PT. So, I assume that's when the Q&A will occur from the survey, and where they'll unveil the different collector's packs for the game.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards

KH3D:FM, On PS3, who wants? 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back