• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Announced at D23 Expo Japan!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;y9xOg4PDJnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y9xOg4PDJnI[/video]

Trailer

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
AW YEAH. Thanks for embedding the trailer here. I could watch it no problem.

TAV in HD are gorgeous, gosh dang. But still no Wyverns and Behemoths in the 1,000 Heartless Battle, it seems... but I shall not complain!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
But still no Wyverns and Behemoths in the 1,000 Heartless Battle, it seems... but I shall not complain!

"Trailer represents a game still currently in development."

But I wouldn't get your hopes up. :E

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
WAITWAITWAIT

The Playstation blog posted an article with the trailer: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 in 2014 – PlayStation.Blog

and,
Thanks to all of your support, Kingdom Hearts has sold more than 20 million units worldwide! In celebration of this, and with absolute pleasure, we’re proud to announce that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will launch globally in 2014!

you can take this "globally in 2014" thing so many ways.

if worldwide release i will shit myself

axel95

Awards
WAITWAITWAIT

The Playstation blog posted an article with the trailer: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 in 2014 – PlayStation.Blog

and,

you can take this "globally in 2014" thing so many ways.

if worldwide release i will shit myself
It more than likely means that it will get released like 1.5. But I would LOVE to see a worldwide release. We've had too much great Kingdom Hearts news for one night though, and I have extremely low hopes of it happening.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Whether that means globally simultaneously, one must speculate. I'm doubtful. Either way, it'll just be nice getting this sometime whenever in 2014. 8D

TepidShark

Awards
Very excited for this even more then 1.5. Here's my question though: how is the Mirage Arena going to work? Will it support multiplayer? If so, will it be online?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Very excited for this even more then 1.5. Here's my question though: how is the Mirage Arena going to work? Will it support multiplayer? If so, will it be online?
Seems to me it would either have to be that or they'll reduce it to just a single-player feature. I can't think of any other way of implementing it.

Multiplayer Mirage Arena in HD, though. I would be OK with that madness.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Ask and ye shall receive.

or rather have a logical expectation and it shall be met.

Looks great but not quite as exciting as the announcement trailer for 1.5.

Ghostfreak

I'm so excited I can't wait! PS4 HERE I COME!

Last edited by a moderator:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Ask and ye shall receive.

or rather have a logical expectation and it shall be met.

Looks great but not quite as exciting as the announcement trailer for 1.5.

Probably because we've already been speculating about it for a long while? I mean, we've even guessed correctly what games there will be in the compilation, and that Re:coded will be a collection of cinematics.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Promotional images released earlier today.

Birth%20by%20Sleep.jpg

Kingdom%20Hearts%202.jpg

Recoded.jpg

SORA619

Awards
FINALLY!!! I'm so happy now. And it comes worldwide in 2014? Should we expect a 2-3 months difference?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm so excited about being able to play the final mix version of BBS, the best game in the series imo. The rest is just a nice bonus. I'm glad they made Coded into a cutscene gallery. It wouldn't surprise me if we get DDD on PS4/X1 before we get KH3.

SoraroS

Awards
I'm so hyped right now! Even though we were expecting it we can't hold this feelings! And to think about a Worldwide release or a PS4 release for DDD... I can't breathe...

Xagzan

Awards
YIPPEE KI YAY MUTHAF***AS LET'S DO THIS!

What unexpected good news for a Monday.

(still too bad that BBS' plot was kind of filled with stupid, but still NO HEART ON THE BIG SCREEN)

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I think the entire plot is full of bad writing post the first game, but out of all the prequels, midquels and sequels BBS had the best story. Things were kept fairly nice and simple, like in the first game, and there was a lot of focus on re-telling the Disney plots instead.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
YIPPEE KI YAY MUTHAF***AS LET'S DO THIS!

What unexpected good news for a Monday.

(still too bad that BBS' plot was kind of filled with stupid, but still NO HEART ON THE BIG SCREEN)

That was literally the reason I was so nervous about BBS not being the FM version for 2.5. Because I want to fight that boss battle so badly. And now I get to do it on the big screen in 1080p!!!

Xagzan

Awards
I think the entire plot is full of bad writing post the first game, but out of all the prequels, midquels and sequels BBS had the best story. Things were kept fairly nice and simple, like in the first game, and there was a lot of focus on re-telling the Disney plots instead.

But...it wasn't simple. The plot was twisting itself into a pretzel to make sure the predetermined end came about, no matter how illogically it made the characters act. And the Disney presence in this game was vastly overshadowed by the original plot, even more than in KH2, where at least Donald and Goofy were constantly at your side.

But ultimately, the main problem was the game just didn't do a good job of making me care about the characters, or even genuinely believe their connection as friends. We have like, one scene at the beginning where they laugh awkwardly together and after that, they're off on their own, with any other friendship-building scenes being crammed in through repetitive flashbacks, and whenever they do meet up, it's just to get snippy and angry at each other. It's hardly SRK's well done intro on the DI, and it's just hard to care about any of the bad stuff that befalls these guys. Especially since most of it could have been nipped in the bud if they--Terra most of all--had stopped for just a second and acted like actual, thinking human beings; but a lot of the time, there's simply no logical explanation for why they take the actions they do, other than that the plot demands it. Which, sadly, is what the Star Wars prequels did.

That was literally the reason I was so nervous about BBS not being the FM version for 2.5. Because I want to fight that boss battle so badly. And now I get to do it on the big screen in 1080p!!!

Hold onto your butts! He's tough. Not as merciless as MF, but he has much higher defense and HP, so it's more of a grind. If they include an online mode, you'll be able to take him down with teammates, but he's still beatable solo. And I'm also wondering if they'll remix Forze dell'Oscurita, though not sure if that would be a good thing. It's already an epic theme as is.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The writing (and pacing) is pretty mediocre in general, I do not think that the first title stands out that much really because much of it's "story" is so simple it borders either on cliché or simply has the "totally new"-aspect because it's the first glance at this particular universe where no actual important background lore is yet established. There is much nostalgia at work when putting KH 1's storytelling too far above the others which it wasn't.
The pacing however was much better than in any other title, as was the inclusion of the Disney worlds.
If I had to rate the story of the whole series though, I'd say the actual story gets a B- or a C+, but the presentation and handling of it gets a D-.

The main problem with BBS' story is that they rush way too fast into things that should have been explored and explained more. The characters had to do something for some predetermined plot point that needed to happen more than once without them really elaborating on stuff.
This way how to reach that predetermined plot point was sadly left aside/handwaved in more than one case in BBS, which leads to the characters sometimes looking "stupid".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back