• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Announced at D23 Expo Japan!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But...it wasn't simple. The plot was twisting itself into a pretzel to make sure the predetermined end came about, no matter how illogically it made the characters act. And the Disney presence in this game was vastly overshadowed by the original plot, even more than in KH2, where at least Donald and Goofy were constantly at your side.

But ultimately, the main problem was the game just didn't do a good job of making me care about the characters, or even genuinely believe their connection as friends. We have like, one scene at the beginning where they laugh awkwardly together and after that, they're off on their own, with any other friendship-building scenes being crammed in through repetitive flashbacks. It's hardly SRK's well done intro on the DI, and it's just hard to care about any of the bad stuff that befalls these guys. Especially since most of it could have been nipped in the bud if they--Terra most of all--had stopped for just a second and acted like actual, thinking human beings; but a lot of the time, there's simply no logical explanation for why they take the actions they do, other than that the plot demands it. Which, sadly, is what the Star Wars prequels did.

Seems pretty logical to me considering how they've been raised.

If my parental figure had spent years teaching about believing in the good within others, how light is supreme and all that stuff, I probably wouldn't think much of it otherwise. And especially for Terra, who just so inconveniently happened to encounter all the villains first. For all he knew, people just looked like that on those worlds. Enchanted Dominion could have totally been occupied by darkly clad horned ladies in green, so who's he to judge when he's only seen one other person in that world?

The issue is the difficulty in separating what we know from our experiences as the player, and what the character knows from their experiences, which affects their credibility and authority within the game.

Xagzan

Awards
Seems pretty logical to me considering how they've been raised.

If my parental figure had spent years teaching about believing in the good within others, how light is supreme and all that stuff, I probably wouldn't think much of it otherwise. And especially for Terra, who just so inconveniently happened to encounter all the villains first. For all he knew, people just looked like that on those worlds. Enchanted Dominion could have totally been occupied by darkly clad horned ladies in green, so who's he to judge when he's only seen one other person in that world?

The issue is the difficulty in separating what we know from our experiences as the player, and what the character knows from their experiences, which affects their credibility and authority within the game.

So it happens with Maleficent. But then he also trusts the Evil Queen. Then Hades. Then the mad scientist guy. Then Hook. Then Master Xehanort. So you'd think he'd learn his lesson after a while about don't trust obviously bad people who tell you to kill a girl and retrieve her heart, but he just seems to completely lack a brain. You can rationalize it with the whole "what the character knows/experiences" thing--but if none of these villains set off any alarms for Terra, when they would for any normal, actual human, how are you supposed to relate to him? He just comes off like some weird, unthinking alien. And then even after he gets tricked by villains over and over and over, he still trusts MX over his friends and supposed father figure, because darkness and reasons. Never once does he stop to think, "you know, I've been tricked a whole bunch of times now by villains, maybe I shouldn't blindly follow what people tell me."

And that's just Terra. But this is a celebratory thread, so let's get back to WOO 2.5 REMIX *does Elaine dance*

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I never really played the KH games for their plot anyway. I know some people love it, and I respect that, but to me it's always been because of a) nostalgia b) awesome gameplay and C) awesome music!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So it happens with Maleficent. But then he also trusts the Evil Queen. Then Hades. Then the mad scientist guy. Then Hook. Then Master Xehanort. So you'd think he'd learn his lesson after a while about don't trust obviously bad people who tell you to kill a girl and retrieve her heart, but he just seems to completely lack a brain. You can rationalize it with the whole "what the character knows/experiences" thing--but if none of these villains set off any alarms for Terra, when they would for any normal, actual human, how are you supposed to relate to him? He just comes off like some weird, unthinking alien. And then even after he gets tricked by villains over and over and over, he still trusts MX over his friends and supposed father figure, because darkness and reasons. Never once does he stop to think, "you know, I've been tricked a whole bunch of times now by villains, maybe I shouldn't blindly follow what people tell me."

Talk about missing the point.

And that's just Terra. But this is a celebratory thread, so let's get back to WOO 2.5 REMIX *does Elaine dance*

sure ;p

Kevin Perez

I'm so getting the JPN version of this game. Part of it is due to nostalgia, as I originally imported BBS before it came out in North America and it has resonated with me since then. Part of it is also because while I adore and respect Willa Holland, and sneer at weeabos/purists who slam her, I enjoyed hearing the sounds/noises Megumi Toyoguchi made as Aqua when I was spamming cartwheel, which lets face it, if you've played as Aqua and have never done so, then you've truly never played BBS the way it should be (LOLz).

BTW, Aqua is my favorite of trio. She's easily murdered in the early stages in the game but compensates later on and kicks ass. Also, while the original KH maybe superior in terms of depth and storyline to the second, which I don't dispute/disagree, I still prefer and have more fun playing the second, so take that haters *blows a raspberry at naysayers*

:cool:

TheSupremeFace

An obvious addition. Although to whoever said it above, there's no reason to re-release DDD on PS4. It's already in HD.

Now who's excited to see the new KH3 trailer as well?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
How is DDD already in HD? The resolution of 3DS games is 240p. That's lower than the PSP.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How is DDD already in HD? The resolution of 3DS games is 240p. That's lower than the PSP.

Sometimes developers make the game in HD then downscale (coughkonamicapcomcough...)though we have no evidence this was done for KH3D. If it had been, I think it probably would have looked like a hot mess...

ryaneden

I'm excited about this even though i already guessed it was coming. but something tells me BBS won't be fully playable on PS3. It'll probably be a downloadable for the PSP.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm excited about this even though i already guessed it was coming. but something tells me BBS won't be fully playable on PS3. It'll probably be a downloadable for the PSP.

What makes you say that? Just because it's a PSP game doesn't mean it'll be a download code. Santa Monica Studios did a marvelous job upscaling both of their PSP God of War titles into pristine HD on Blu-ray discs. PSP to PS3 isn't all that hard to do.

ryaneden

What makes you say that? Just because it's a PSP game doesn't mean it'll be a download code. Santa Monica Studios did a marvelous job upscaling both of their PSP God of War titles into pristine HD on Blu-ray discs. PSP to PS3 isn't all that hard to do.

I Mean maybe it's the skeptical side in me. but the hopeful side hopes your right in BBS being playable. I'm kinda glad i didn't have to play 358 by 2 Days on KH 1.5 because i never did enjoy the title that much.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I Mean maybe it's the skeptical side in me. but the hopeful side hopes your right in BBS being playable. I'm kinda glad i didn't have to play 358 by 2 Days on KH 1.5 because i never did enjoy the title that much.

Earlier when everybody was on board the hype train (me included), I remember seeing something along the lines of "2 games, 1 movie". The movie in question was Re:coded, so I think it's confirmed that BbSFM is playable in 2.5.

ryaneden

Earlier when everybody was on board the hype train (me included), I remember seeing something along the lines of "2 games, 1 movie". The movie in question was Re:coded, so I think it's confirmed that BbSFM is playable in 2.5.

Yeah i know. I Mean it is Square Enix where talking they normally hold onto what they say. unlike another company *Cough capcom Cough*

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Chaser was the one who posted that. PlayStation themselves already confirmed that both KH2FM and BBSFM are fully playable games.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Sometimes developers make the game in HD then downscale (coughkonamicapcomcough...)though we have no evidence this was done for KH3D. If it had been, I think it probably would have looked like a hot mess...

lol. Actually if a DDD 3DHD port did happen then it would just be the game upscaled with maybe better textures.

Kevin Perez

I'm crazy to play as Aqua in the Dark Realm....With Master Eraqus' keyblade.....and with pure blood Heartless. I just wanna see my home gurl Aqua in glorious HD.

136199Goat

I wouldn't worry. The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection ported a PSP game to PS3 and even Xbox 360, and that worked out just fine.

ryaneden

I wouldn't worry. The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection ported a PSP game to PS3 and even Xbox 360, and that worked out just fine.

Yeah hopefully it wokrs. I Find it interesting Nomura said in an interview i read that he wanted 358 by 2 days to be playble but they where to busy to make it playable. i Wonder if that's the same for Re:Coded

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah i know. But there's that thought back in my head that's you know what if they change there minds and pull a Capcom.

Nah, don't overworry (is that even a word?) yourself. That won't happen. Imagine the backlash from all the people attending that private event if they really had the nerve to change their mind... that would basically be a disaster recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back