• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix Collector's Edition Unboxing!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix will be released in western territories in just 2 weeks. To help everyone get ready for that day, Square Enix has released an unboxing video of the Collector's Edition, available exclusively at select retailers and their online store.

This Collector's Edition consists of a 24 cm tall Shadow Heartless plush, 30-page art book with a never-before-seen sketch by Series Director Tetsuya Nomura, both Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix game discs, HD collector's steelbook case, and an official Disney collectible pin.

Kingdom Hearts Brand Manager of Square Enix Europe, Mat Kishimoto, shows off all the goodies available in the video below:

Be sure to grab the Collector’s Edition at the KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX Official Site for $99.99 before they're completely sold out!

Kenzichi

It seemed like I was getting a lot more stuff when I preordered this (I guess whiplash from ordering it so fast lol), but I'm still excited for this. I am SO glad the artbook this time around isn't attached to the game case. I can't believe it's so close now. I can't wait to finally be on winter break and playing this!

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Is the keyblade included too? lol

Wish he had shown the inside of the steelbook, but nonetheless, I'll see it for myself in less than a month now =3

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I already was on the fence due to owning 1.5 and the Heartless plush but this unboxing has finally solidified my choice on not buying the CE.

I really don't like that there is neither 1.5 or 2.5 artwork present in any capacity in this collection nor is there even a hint of TAV (let's not bullshit, the art on the steelbook is not representative of 1.5/2.5, come on SE).

This is still a good collection, particularly for those who don't have the Heartless plush, but it's the first KH CE that I will be turning down.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I appreciate Mat and SE for putting this Collector's Edition together for us, but after getting to see it for myself, I've actually decided to contact Pepita Store and cancel my order.

There isn't really anything I particularly want from the CE since I don't care for steelbooks, don't need another copy of 1.5, and I own the Ultimanias anyway.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Fyi guys, they're down to 300 units so if you're still debating, you should make your decision soon.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I already was on the fence due to owning 1.5 and the Heartless plush but this unboxing has finally solidified my choice on not buying the CE.

I really don't like that there is neither 1.5 or 2.5 artwork present in any capacity in this collection nor is there even a hint of TAV (let's not bullshit, the art on the steelbook is not representative of 1.5/2.5, come on SE).

This is still a good collection, particularly for those who don't have the Heartless plush, but it's the first KH CE that I will be turning down.

Pretty much my thoughts. I got done watching that video thinking, "...that's it?" That table would look pretty bare if not for the big keyblade sitting there.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
hahahahahahaha keyblade not included
because you guys would never do something that cool

#stillbitter

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I'm just not impressed by this at all. But that's partially because I already own 1.5. I really feel like they weren't trying with this, a soundtrack, a statue...anything else would have been great added in.
I'm hoping for KH 3 they go all out with a CE.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It still boggles my mind that they didn't try to just make our CE similar to Japan's CE. :c The Mark of Mastery was identical barring the removal of Days and Coded.

axel95

Awards
I have the CE preordered, and I'm still gonna keep that preorder. But I can't lie, after watching the unboxing video, I was a bit underwhelmed. I'm hoping for a truly great CE for KH3. Something along the lines of a complete series ultimania, a soundtrack, and both Remixes remastered for the PS4 in addition to KH3 is a CE that I'd easily pay $200+ for. But I honestly doubt western territories will ever get something that amazing. One can dream.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I feel like releasing a survey that gave us the impression that what we answered would have a more substantial impact was sort of in bad taste? Like, what did they even do with the results?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Wouldn't mind if they just added the OST for both games and nice T-shirt of well quality.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
For almost any preorder incentive though, all SENA usually needs to do - and it's the easiest thing ever - is take a direct note from the gd Japanese releases. I'm not sure why it's so difficult. It's kindof hysterical.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For almost any preorder incentive though, all SENA usually needs to do - and it's the easiest thing ever - is take a direct note from the gd Japanese releases. I'm not sure why it's so difficult. It's kindof hysterical.

Right? I've said this before but the tastes of Japanese fans and the tastes of western fans are not so different. We love soundtracks, we like shirts, we like BIG artbooks (30 pages of stuff we can find online in super high quality? how cute), we love figures.

Why did they not think about offering us Limit Form Sora? Or an OST sampler? Why didn't they design the box like the Japanese ones which were gorgeous. Ours is just a paper box with grayscale KH2 Sora art that very few like. The new 2.5 artwork is nowhere to be seen.

I appreciate the effort and the fact we got a CE. I really do. I can't help but complain, though, because I know that fans can get better than what is offered.

Maximz

Mannnn my issue is the lack of a soundtrack i hate that we dont get one with the CE

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Mannnn my issue is the lack of a soundtrack i hate that we dont get one with the CE

It would be redundant since the official remaster soundtrack will have already been released by the time we even get our hands on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back